Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Kahooli
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Unread postby Kahooli » 07 Dec 2019, 00:11

Macros the Black wrote: Same thing as with Free Haven. You have to get to Silver Cove on foot (or by Town Portal) before coach and boat travel is allowed. That's how it's always been.
Whoa... Seems like I played it too long ago ) Thanks FYI.

Kahooli
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Kahooli » 07 Dec 2019, 00:12

There's a house in Free Haven, which have a sign of the Earth Guild, but if you'll point to its door, you'll see "Adept Guild of Mind", and that's what it really is. It's approximately at (3251, 16516).

Kahooli
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Kahooli » 07 Dec 2019, 01:21

Sorcerer (from MM6) promoted to Wizard can't learn light magic in the guild in Silver Cove.
When hired gate master casts Town Portal, the game writes autosave. If that autosave is loaded, gate master is unable to cast Town Portal, like she already spent the spell. I suppose this is a bug.
Last edited by Kahooli on 07 Dec 2019, 07:41, edited 2 times in total.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 07 Dec 2019, 11:08

justl wrote:
Kahooli wrote:Stables in Castle Ironfist doesn't offer travel to Freehaven (checked every day of the week). In original MM6 they do.
if i remember right, they only do, when you have already traveled back from freehaven to castle ironfist - only stables in freehaven are "free" to go "everywhere" when you first use them.
Macros the Black wrote:
Kahooli wrote:Also no boats from Mysty Islands to Silver Cove. What's going on???
Same thing as with Free Haven. You have to get to Silver Cove on foot (or by Town Portal) before coach and boat travel is allowed. That's how it's always been.
I am currently playing vanilla MM6 for an LP and I can concur with those statements - they open up once you actually travel there yourself, except for the travel companies in Free Haven, which are free from those shackles.

MM6 is quite different from the sequels in some things.
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

Dedicated MMMerge Forum (Bug Tracker included): shorturl.at/lryAF

Kahooli
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Kahooli » 07 Dec 2019, 12:19

Templayer wrote: I am currently playing vanilla MM6 for an LP and I can concur with those statements - they open up once you actually travel there yourself, except for the travel companies in Free Haven, which are free from those shackles.

MM6 is quite different from the sequels in some things.
Already got it - last time I have been playing MM6 was something like 5 or more years ago, so some things indeed mixed up with sequels.

raekuul
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby raekuul » 07 Dec 2019, 12:42

I didn't know you could Town Portal to a town you hadn't yet visited. Must be a hireling perk.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 07 Dec 2019, 16:59

Kahooli wrote:
Macros the Black wrote: Same thing as with Free Haven. You have to get to Silver Cove on foot (or by Town Portal) before coach and boat travel is allowed. That's how it's always been.
Whoa... Seems like I played it too long ago ) Thanks FYI.
F*ck, I missed that there was a new thread page. Again. Sorry for responding to what you already got. Grr. :D
Kahooli wrote:There's a house in Free Haven, which have a sign of the Earth Guild, but if you'll point to its door, you'll see "Adept Guild of Mind", and that's what it really is. It's approximately at (3251, 16516).
Could you give us some printscreens? You can just use the printscreen button, then do CTRL+V on the imgur website (it will get uploaded there straight from the memory, even if you are at the base index page of imgur, which is a nifty feature that I do not usually see...), then select get share codes, get the BBForum code for it, copypaste the code into the "Post a reply" screen here on this forum, and post - the picture should be in your post then. It can be done in under 5 seconds. :P :D
Kahooli wrote:Sorcerer (from MM6) promoted to Wizard can't learn light magic in the guild in Silver Cove.
When hired gate master casts Town Portal, the game writes autosave. If that autosave is loaded, gate master is unable to cast Town Portal, like she already spent the spell. I suppose this is a bug.
The second thing is a bug, and is pretty much caused by the NPC casting town portal -> game autosaves -> travel occurs.
So I will add both of those to the Bug Tracker.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 07 Dec 2019, 17:01

raekuul wrote:I didn't know you could Town Portal to a town you hadn't yet visited. Must be a hireling perk.
Well, maybe the user (the NPC casting it) did visit it. :D

Kahooli
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Kahooli » 07 Dec 2019, 17:55

Templayer wrote:
Kahooli wrote:There's a house in Free Haven, which have a sign of the Earth Guild, but if you'll point to its door, you'll see "Adept Guild of Mind", and that's what it really is. It's approximately at (3251, 16516).
Could you give us some printscreens? You can just use the printscreen button, then do CTRL+V on the imgur website (it will get uploaded there straight from the memory, even if you are at the base index page of imgur, which is a nifty feature that I do not usually see...), then select get share codes, get the BBForum code for it, copypaste the code into the "Post a reply" screen here on this forum, and post - the picture should be in your post then. It can be done in under 5 seconds. :P :D
Screenshot:
Last edited by Kahooli on 09 Dec 2019, 08:06, edited 10 times in total.

Kahooli
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Kahooli » 07 Dec 2019, 18:27

raekuul wrote:I didn't know you could Town Portal to a town you hadn't yet visited. Must be a hireling perk.
That's the way for quick start - to save gold for hiring Gate Master and Scholar right in the beginning. If you can't find GM among townsfolk, one lives in Free Haven )

Kahooli
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Kahooli » 08 Dec 2019, 03:16

There's something wrong with Learning skill. I got the skill for the entire party simultaneously, then, after training session, I rose the skill to 4 for all party members simultaneously. Then, simultaneously, I got Expert rank for 3 out of 4 party members (vampire can't get Expert). During several in-game months with lots of completed quests, all party members had equal amount of XP, i.e. there wasn't any difference in XP gain between PC with 4 Learning at basic level and 4 Learning at Expert. Later one character (Expert) somehow had 248 XP less than the other three (2 Experts and one Basic), who still had equal amount. No party members died or fell unconscious during that period of time.

Kahooli
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Kahooli » 08 Dec 2019, 06:36

Templayer wrote:
Kahooli wrote:Sorcerer (from MM6) promoted to Wizard can't learn light magic in the guild in Silver Cove.
The second thing is a bug, and is pretty much caused by the NPC casting town portal -> game autosaves -> travel occurs.
It became possible to learn Light Magic after second (Master Wizard) promotion. I don't remember how it was in original MM6, but looks like it isn't bug.

Kahooli
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Kahooli » 08 Dec 2019, 09:25

Party used two fountains in White Cap (+5 endurance, death and +5 might, death). Later I took one more PC from training center and those fountains just killed him without giving stat points.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 08 Dec 2019, 10:16

Kahooli wrote:
Templayer wrote:
Screenshot:
https://mega.nz/#!0NYSDQpL!JmNAuAl5JS81 ... DOzi8lj-xI
I just don't want to register on yet another site.
*Sigh* You DO NOT HAVE TO REGISTER THERE. You can upload images there anonymously. I do.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 08 Dec 2019, 11:29

Kahooli wrote:
Templayer wrote:
It became possible to learn Light Magic after second (Master Wizard) promotion. I don't remember how it was in original MM6, but looks like it isn't bug.
If it isn't a bug with the Light Magic, then it should be mentioned in the table at the Features and smaller changes in the Tracker. I didn't see it there. We might be missing something. If we are indeed missing a change of Wizards not being able to use Light Magic, then somebody please tell me so that we can update the table.
Kahooli wrote:There's something wrong with Learning skill. I got the skill for the entire party simultaneously, then, after training session, I rose the skill to 4 for all party members simultaneously. Then, simultaneously, I got Expert rank for 3 out of 4 party members (vampire can't get Expert). During several in-game months with lots of completed quests, all party members had equal amount of XP, i.e. there wasn't any difference in XP gain between PC with 4 Learning at basic level and 4 Learning at Expert. Later one character (Expert) somehow had 248 XP less than the other three (2 Experts and one Basic), who still had equal amount. No party members died or fell unconscious during that period of time.
Kahooli wrote:Party used two fountains in White Cap (+5 endurance, death and +5 might, death). Later I took one more PC from training center and those fountains just killed him without giving stat points.
Bugs added to the Bug Tracker.

Kahooli
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Kahooli » 08 Dec 2019, 21:38

Contest of Endurance in Erathia displays the message "You already won", despite the fact that it was the first visit to Erathia, let alone the Contest.

fanasilver
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby fanasilver » 09 Dec 2019, 03:42

Report to @Templayer:
I have almost finished MM6 Enroth trip, and my team is now Thief/Hero/Priest of Light/Master Necro/Champion; my main character's status is Lv 17/86. Only the demon queen remains to be carried out. So far, only several minor bugs I encountered:

1. The Seer in Castle Ironfist. If your main character is non-promotable in Enroth (as my Thief is), the seer's hint will stuck at "I would advise that you perform the promotion quests for the six lords of Enroth until you have advanced a little further".
2. The best plate armor in Enroth (Golden Plate), when worn on MM7 and MM8 character, it will be misplaced in the paperdoll - ending up showing on the left upper hand side.
3. All the Eyes are immue to Dark Magic and Light Magic! I know in original MM6 there is no Dark/Light damage, but should it be better to make them have resistance instead of totally immunity?
4. I also encontered the infamous skill level lost bug. My main character is Leather Expert, but when I check several weeks later, I found that its Expert level is dropped to Novice. Not sure when the trigger would be.

This is my walkthru URL (in Chinese): https://tieba.baidu.com/p/6354402129 . A thrilled experience! I will start to teleport to Antagrich tomorrow, I guess..
Last edited by fanasilver on 09 Dec 2019, 03:48, edited 1 time in total.

fanasilver
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby fanasilver » 09 Dec 2019, 03:59

Another interesting question: is "control cube" totally the same between Enroth and Antagrich?

You need a cube from Tomb of VARN to enter the Control Center, but in Control Center you can also find quite a few of control cubes (you even get a Super Goober award - hear the laughters from JVC!). However, you can get a copy of cube in MM7 advisor's quest.

I was wondering if the cube obtained from MM7 can be used to unlock the Control Center, and you can submit a copy from the Center in MM7..?

Phobos
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Phobos » 09 Dec 2019, 07:06

Kahooli wrote:There's something wrong with Learning skill. I got the skill for the entire party simultaneously, then, after training session, I rose the skill to 4 for all party members simultaneously. Then, simultaneously, I got Expert rank for 3 out of 4 party members (vampire can't get Expert). During several in-game months with lots of completed quests, all party members had equal amount of XP, i.e. there wasn't any difference in XP gain between PC with 4 Learning at basic level and 4 Learning at Expert. Later one character (Expert) somehow had 248 XP less than the other three (2 Experts and one Basic), who still had equal amount. No party members died or fell unconscious during that period of time.
If you got all the experience from quests, Learning would not affect that. It only boosts experience gained from killing monsters. I don't know about the 248 exp difference though.

Kahooli
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Kahooli » 09 Dec 2019, 07:31

Phobos wrote:If you got all the experience from quests, Learning would not affect that. It only boosts experience gained from killing monsters. I don't know about the 248 exp difference though.
The XP wasn't only from quests, of course. Cleared a lot of areas. And how one can do quests without fighting (at least while you haven't invisibility spell)?

Return to “Might and Magic”