Can you import MM7 portraits into MM8?

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Wulfhelm
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Can you import MM7 portraits into MM8?

Unread postby Wulfhelm » 26 Nov 2019, 11:15

Hello everybody!

I recently replayed MM7 for the first time in ~15 years and I was glad to see the many mods and tools now available.

So I thought I'd give MM8 a try as well. The problem I have is that the selection of portraits is limited and that the ones for my planned main character (male knight) look hideous.

So I'd like to know if there are any mods which import MM7 faces for use in MM8 or if it can be done manually.

Cheers,

Wulfhelm

Strobe
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Can you import MM7 portraits into MM8?

Unread postby Strobe » 26 Nov 2019, 12:14

Hi!

I think you should try MM 6-7-8 merge, cuz they already imported many (if not all) portraits of 6-7 to 8.
Not to mention the 3 game is merged to 1 big game, and you can play with your party through all of it.
But if you looking for making a mod, then i can't help you with that. But surely, its not just porting and copy, due to changes of ragdoll in 8.

Greg

Wulfhelm
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Wulfhelm » 26 Nov 2019, 18:19

Hey, thanks for the info, I'll try that.
One question in case you know: With the 6-7-8 merge, can you also just play the games separately? 'Cause I just finished 7 and was not keen on having to play it again right now... ;;^_^
Last edited by Wulfhelm on 26 Nov 2019, 18:20, edited 1 time in total.

Strobe
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Strobe » 26 Nov 2019, 23:46

Wulfhelm wrote:Hey, thanks for the info, I'll try that.
One question in case you know: With the 6-7-8 merge, can you also just play the games separately? 'Cause I just finished 7 and was not keen on having to play it again right now... ;;^_^
So to say, yeah. You can play separately, theres no new rules in the game after all as much as i know. Tbh, i started some days ago a new party after months, to check out whats new, and i already got my “invite quest” to the other worlds at around lvl 20. So its up to you, whether you want to create a new game, or play along with the original party you had. I want to play the game to 100%, and report every bug/glitch etc, to help the project.

Well, i haven’t tried to play a vanilla saved game in the Merge, but i believe it could work. As i know, not every item are in-game yet, but its only time. Due to that, some bugs could appear i think. Let me know if you tried to bring your saves to the merge.
Last edited by Strobe on 26 Nov 2019, 23:49, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Might and Magic”