Might and Magic VI Music Files

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
daca171
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Might and Magic VI Music Files

Unread postby daca171 » 16 Nov 2019, 22:00

So i recently tried reinstalling MM6 again, and im having some trouble with the music. I have GreyFace's latest patch version installed, i have a folder called Music in the install directory with all the tracks and i changed the line in the mm6.ini to PlayMP3=1 , but there still is no music when i get in game :wall: . By trying to fix it i changed changed the names of the mp3 files a few times (i tried naming them from 2.mp3 to 16.mp3 , still didnt work) and this is what it currently looks like now https://imgur.com/a/7Joj8O1 .

I was wondering if anyone could show me what their music folder looks like so i could maybe try that, or send me a .zip with the music folder.

Thanks in advance :)

DaveHer
Hunter
Hunter

Re: Might and Magic VI Music Files

Unread postby DaveHer » 17 Nov 2019, 04:55

daca171 wrote:So i recently tried reinstalling MM6 again, and im having some trouble with the music. I have GreyFace's latest patch version installed, i have a folder called Music in the install directory with all the tracks and i changed the line in the mm6.ini to PlayMP3=1 , but there still is no music when i get in game :wall: . By trying to fix it i changed changed the names of the mp3 files a few times (i tried naming them from 2.mp3 to 16.mp3 , still didnt work) and this is what it currently looks like now https://imgur.com/a/7Joj8O1 .

I was wondering if anyone could show me what their music folder looks like so i could maybe try that, or send me a .zip with the music folder.

The thing happen to me. I was using the CD version. Music did not work. Once I change to GOG version everything was fine.
David

daca171
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby daca171 » 17 Nov 2019, 06:59

DaveHer wrote:
daca171 wrote:So i recently tried reinstalling MM6 again, and im having some trouble with the music. I have GreyFace's latest patch version installed, i have a folder called Music in the install directory with all the tracks and i changed the line in the mm6.ini to PlayMP3=1 , but there still is no music when i get in game :wall: . By trying to fix it i changed changed the names of the mp3 files a few times (i tried naming them from 2.mp3 to 16.mp3 , still didnt work) and this is what it currently looks like now https://imgur.com/a/7Joj8O1 .

The thing happen to me. I was using the CD version. Music did not work. Once I change to GOG version everything was fine.
David
I'm convinced that the reason for that is the names of the mp3 files not being correct so the game doesn't recognize them. Could you show me a screenshot of your music folder?

DaveHer
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby DaveHer » 17 Nov 2019, 09:54

daca171 wrote:
DaveHer wrote:

David
I'm convinced that the reason for that is the names of the mp3 files not being correct so the game doesn't recognize them. Could you show me a screenshot of your music folder?
The MP3 files are in the sound folder and this is a GOG version. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1kqIKW ... Iej07pj86Z

plookey78
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby plookey78 » 23 Nov 2019, 13:22

Not sure if it will help but you can try converting all the music files to wav. I had similar problem in mm7 with the music and doing that somehow fixed it, not sure if it will do any good for mm6 though.
Last edited by plookey78 on 23 Nov 2019, 13:22, edited 1 time in total.

eilacomeva
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby eilacomeva » 28 Jan 2020, 21:39

The mp3 files go into a directory called "Music", "Sounds" if used by the game itself for other stuff :D

---

Crap, I replied to the wrong person... :wall:
Anyway if I'm reading your screenshot correctly the problem is that the files should be named "2.mp3", "3.mp3" etc;
try that and if it doesn't work I'll send you my music directory.
Last edited by eilacomeva on 28 Jan 2020, 21:42, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Might and Magic”