Might and Magic Heroes: Era of Chaos

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
{CH}ArticleBot
CH News Reporter
CH News Reporter

Might and Magic Heroes: Era of Chaos

Unread postby {CH}ArticleBot » 02 Nov 2019, 19:29

Ubisoft, just opened their pre-registration for their all-new mobile game Might and Magic Heroes: Era of Chaos which is currently playable in New-Zeeland and the Philippenes. Some game-play videos have emerged on YouTube but Ubisoft themselves claim that this is a spiritual successor of Heroes of Might and Magic III. Without having been able to test the game myself (yet), we can see some old Heroes such as Gelu, Crag Hack and Queen Catherine available in game. 

Also gathered from the information given by Ubisoft we can tell that this is an anime-inspired game, drawing some thoughts towards the Clash of Heroes release for mobile as well. 

While the graphics are not very promising, there is great potential in the game-play. Do you think the gameplay will make up for the graphics? Are you on-board with the direction Ubisoft it taking with the franchise? Let us know in the comments! 

There seems to be a good system with clans, battle systems, chapters of a campaign amongst other things. This will definetaly be a download for me. The Ultimate Question for me is, can we survive the anime? 

There is definetaly no doubt that we will report on this as soon as we get a hands on review! 
Read full article...
CH First Mechanized Brigade - Newspapers Lieutenant
Submit Map | Maps | Walkthroughs | Downloads

raekuul
War Dancer
War Dancer

Re: Might and Magic Heroes: Era of Chaos

Unread postby raekuul » 02 Nov 2019, 19:46

As long as it feels close enough to Heroes III in practice, I don't care if the art style is animu or NES Pixel Art.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 03 Nov 2019, 13:53

Stacks are gone, mechanic and atmosphere feels different. Voices are childish. This is not a mature game. Though there's some uncanny similarity with Heroes III.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_9dPdTK_Sg

Some known sounds and heroes are in. But can you create maps, campaigns. Add a story, effects, your own music?
Wasn't trying but I'm very dubious about this.

Looks like it to be better played on tablet.
Last edited by Pol on 03 Nov 2019, 13:59, edited 2 times in total.

VMmage
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby VMmage » 04 Nov 2019, 00:06

First Strike: small screen

Probable Second Strike: clunky user interface (I haven't seen it yet, but most mobile games suffer in the UI department)

Even More Probable Third Strike: virtually no strategic elements (again, haven't seen it, but I haven't seen a single mobile game with good strategy components).

I'll probably look at it when I get the chance, but I doubt it will survive even a 24-hour "sniff test" with me.

Chief of Honour
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Chief of Honour » 06 Nov 2019, 14:16

To keep existing, old customers happy by providing new computer based versions for them to spend their money, or to win new customer by making new, limited games on mobile platform... This seems to be the question.
Personally, I think Ubisoft is making the wrong decision here. To win new customers in the hail of new games is hard. To get existing customers to keep buying new versions in the franchise seems to be a fairly safe bet.
Of course, the customer base isn't that binary - as there are new customers preferring the computer platform, there are also old ones preferring the mobile platform.

The thing is, UbiSoft should be aware: There are a huge bunch of us siting idly waiting, prepared to throw our money on MMH8! This new game, however, will probably at best be received with a "Me'h!".

BB Shockwave
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby BB Shockwave » 06 Nov 2019, 18:02

They are not even trying. Chibi chinese art style, real time combat, no real tactics just rush the enemy like in these dumb mobile games.
At the same time, I am playing Age of Wonders Planetfall and it is what every turn-based strategy player would want.
Sell the bloody license already, Unisoft-in-the-brains. You get nothing from this. Let a real developer handle it.

BB Shockwave
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby BB Shockwave » 06 Nov 2019, 18:03

raekuul wrote:As long as it feels close enough to Heroes III in practice, I don't care if the art style is animu or NES Pixel Art.
But it doesn't.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... antasy.rpg
Watch the video, it is real time combat with tons of tiny troops swarming around larger units. You can it seems pause the game to cast spells and that's all.

erxer
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby erxer » 08 Nov 2019, 23:07

Ubisoft, you disgust me sometimes.

Chief of Honour
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Chief of Honour » 15 Nov 2019, 09:51

I stumbled into a discussion with UbiSoft about what they are doing with the franchise.
Their answer was somewhere between frustrating, annoying, naive and sad. They appear to need input and do not know what the fans do!?!? Go figure!
https://www.facebook.com/mmheoc/posts/1 ... &ref=notif

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 15 Nov 2019, 12:19

They want to get help only with launch of the mobile platform. There still seems to be no plans for Heroes or MM on PC. Albeit sad, it's logical.
Last edited by Pol on 15 Nov 2019, 13:25, edited 1 time in total.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 15 Nov 2019, 17:10

I can't say I'm impressed...
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 17 Nov 2019, 22:16

Knowing it's hard to come up with original ideas now aday, it just seem awfully familiar to other mobile games.
Also keeping in mind that their online game supposedly had other factions planned, but even after 5 years (which you gotta admit is impressive that it survived for so long) the focus seems to be on events rather than actual new content - new factions, new storylines, new creatures etc.
One could only fear that it will be the same with this new game. Updates will include new events rather than expading the world or the story (though I don't expect much of a story, inspite of any reference to H3 and their characters).. but might check it out at some point..
I'm silent in seven languages - and I got all my familys fear.
Everytime you throw dirt, you loose a little ground

Return to “News”