Specter of Power → Kreegan Alliance

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
Grail Quest
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Grail Quest » 30 Jul 2007, 14:42

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/284

Grail Quest
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Grail Quest » 30 Jul 2007, 14:42

If you got Dimension Door from a previous scenario, you can try to short-cut this mission and go for a quick finish. If you walk at the mountain edge southeast of the Stables, you will find a single tile that is accessible. Jump there, then jump again to reach Melodia's castle. Seize it and she will immediately move to siege you on her turn. If you have enough mana, you can raise a lot of elementals. Save a Ressurrect or Animate Dead to finish the combat by raising one of your stacks if all your original troops are gone. You will, of course, miss the permanent bonuses from going the long way.

For some reason she started combat by casting all elemental protection spells, but she does have a cartload of artifacts. Yuck.

Ansive
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Ansive » 06 Feb 2009, 13:05

I picked the secondary heroes with 350 gold bonuses and Estates so I got about 1500 extra gold daily.

The crypt behaves as usual, random.

Had Town Portal and Dimension Door so the map wasn't very hard.

It's sad that if you finish the maps too quickly you miss some of the story. I never found out what that spy found about Melodia.

I built all the creature dwellings so I had 7 dragons, 16 dread knights, 60 vampire lords, 25 power liches, 500 skeleton warriors and an Arch Devil for first strike.

I attacked her in the castle and the battle went pretty good. When she was down to a stack of Dwarfs she casted a 600 dmg Armageddon. That hurt a lot :)

Implosion, and off to the next map.

lexaeus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby lexaeus » 16 May 2010, 10:59

melodia won't leave the castle for me. also, her troops become twice as strong after she cast prayer and haste on them. not to mention, once her army is starting to shrink, she casts resurrection, sacrafice and summon elemental to last even longer.

in my opinion, beating this level is all about having played the first two scenarios as future-oriented as possible. also, restarting the scenario until you can recruit units like enchanters and master genies at the refugee camps helps out a lot.

welldone
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby welldone » 09 Sep 2010, 03:43

Thank you so much for this...I literally beat her on the last possible day, and getting her to come out of her castle was the trick.

Thanks again.

Dec
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Dec » 18 Sep 2013, 17:30

Completed on M2 W1 D7. I hit Melodia while she was in her castle. Main problem are the Elves who had Golden Bow. I casted basic Forgetfulnes on them thus making them do only 50% of the damage.

My Sandro 14-15-17-15 218/300 pts

Army: 128 Skeleton, 38 Vamp lords, 3 B Dragon, 6 B Knight, 6 Liches

Melodia: 11-10-12-16 160/160 pts, had Tactics

Army: 5 Green Dragon, 176 Centaur capt, 35 Dendroid, 128 B dwarves, 8 War unicorn, 65 Silv Pegasi, 86 Grand Elves!

She casted Prot from Earth so I didn't really try Implosion on Elves so I started summoning Earth eles while Melodia summoned Air ones. When I got about 6-7 out (she had the same amount) I shielded and hasted mine. I took the advantage easily and saved 14 mana for Animate Dead for the Vamps who took care of the elves , they were locked in the castle as my Catapult was destroyed. (I didn't have Earthquake.....)

The main goal here is to flag the vampire dwellings early and prioritize them over all other necro creatures. Those together with Counterstrike and Shield are unkillable. Sadly, the elves took care of mine early as I didnt know they do as much damage.

mfranchise
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby mfranchise » 04 Dec 2013, 13:42

I read this post and tried to get melodia out of the castle but it never worked for me. so without having dimmension door either I decided i had to beat her in the castle. even after building sandro the best way i can on the previous maps i couldn't beat her. so I came up with the idea to give 2 of my other heroes recruits and send them to melodia first to weaken her with implosion and make her use up her spell points. perhaps this was the purpose of having recruit tents in the first place. melodia casts a lot of unnecessary magic the longer you stay alive so summoning helped. and then i sent sandro and it wasn't so hard to beat her when she used up most of her spell points. funny thing is i beat her exactly the same day as Dec on M2 W1 D7 with nearly identical enemy units. I've beaten all ROE, SOD, and AB but this was the single most difficult map for me.
Edited on Wed, Dec 04 2013, 08:47 by mfranchise

hirohn
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby hirohn » 22 Sep 2014, 06:04

In my opinion this level is quite boring, I waited until I had around 100 vampire lords and launched an attack, it was a hard battle but nothing a stack of 100 vampire lords + expert counterstrike + animate dead cannot manage.

KGer
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Specter of Power → Kreegan Alliance

Unread postby KGer » 05 Nov 2019, 11:04

I completed this on day 3, maybe due to some bug

My Sandro had dimension doors

Melodia was out of her town, I simply teleported in.

Melodia attacked me, quick combat mode said I lost the battle, I was defeated and then I got the Congratulations poup and gone to next map.

KGer
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby KGer » 05 Nov 2019, 11:11

... and on the next map Sandro was resetted back to Level1 losing all of his spells and abilities...

KGer
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby KGer » 05 Nov 2019, 11:44

though I was able to win the battle in a glorious manual combat, by casting earth elementals, so I managed to finish this map on day 3, and Sandro skills and abilities also remained fot he next map

embere
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby embere » 05 May 2022, 16:44

I won the map on the first day!
I had Dimension Door and Fly from the first map of the campaign + expert air so I Jumped 3 times, collect the itens in the ground, took the town and attacked her. She didn't use spells because she didn't had time to enter the town to learn them I think, thus it was pretty easy! :D

Return to “Articles”