Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Unread postby DaveHer » 03 Oct 2019, 23:20

Templayer wrote:
SpectralDragon wrote:
DaveHer wrote:Remember the email I sent you that said I tried two ways, well I converted the an image to a png image and it did not work either. I do not think this thread excepts image from My Google Drive.
David
That's because general images from Google Drive aren't authorized with having an image suffix in the URL of itself. I got that URL by uploading this image to Imgur and getting the link from there. ^^; Same is with Sta.sh , that thing doesn't support image suffixes in URLs.
Templayer wrote:Hmm. I think the Dwarf wizard's cap (forgot the actual name, might be it though) should be more centered (and smaller, I think) and could the same hat be tilted for the Troll one?
:P
It's Wizard's Hat by my knowledge and honestly with how it looks like I didn't even bother when it comes to resizing it (I actually resized it, just not much). Gotta have some space in there in order to be on the said Dwarf's head :D ... and as for the position, talk to DaveHer about it.

Say, DaveHer, can you still provide links to said hats, please? For the Tracker. :)
Since there are more posts now, I will show this to you again in order for it not to be lost due to me adding it as an edit to a post that isn't new anymore.

And I'm off to sleep, it's almost midnight here. :tired:

EDIT: Also both of you make sure you read GrayFace's tutorial on the tracker for these edits. He made a non-video detailed walkthrough. :) (I do not know if you have read it already or not, but if you didn't, you should. :D )
I do not know why I did not notice it. But I will fix that. :)
David

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 04 Oct 2019, 06:55

DaveHer wrote:I never heard of Imgur. :)
Imgur is basically a website dedicated to posts from images to gifs to comics and yes, anyone can post their stuff from there. I just Google "imgur upload" and then follow the first result, after which I follow procedures there until I get the URL of the uploaded image there, since there it always ends with an image suffix (be it .png, .jpg or others), which enables the [img] brackets here to show it. :D
Yes?

Kiruha
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Kiruha » 04 Oct 2019, 07:01

Hello guys, I have two questions:

The first one is about secret places for transition between continents in manual - it says that there are places in dagger wound island, laboratory and new sorgial but in my game they are not working - I need to download something or they are removed? The deffault ones (Dragonsands, Evenmorn island and Murmurwoods are working)

The second one - is it possible for me to remove recovery rate cap 30 for blasters and bows, like in vaniila games? What files i need to edit? Or it's too difficult and needs advanced scripting skills?

Emjayen
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Emjayen » 04 Oct 2019, 07:28

SpectralDragon wrote:
Imgur is basically a website dedicated to posts from images to gifs to comics and yes, anyone can post their stuff from there. I just Google "imgur upload" and then follow the first result, after which I follow procedures there until I get the URL of the uploaded image there, since there it always ends with an image suffix (be it .png, .jpg or others), which enables the [img] brackets here to show it. :D
It was originally just an image hosting website for Reddit, however it was later extended to support users commenting directly on the images themselves.

Hint: If you have an account, you can simply paste image data copied to your clipboard via CTRL+V while on the website to upload it. You'll also be able to organize your images into albums and such.

- someone who's been browsing imgur since 2012.

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 04 Oct 2019, 08:34

Emjayen wrote:It was originally just an image hosting website for Reddit, however it was later extended to support users commenting directly on the images themselves.

Hint: If you have an account, you can simply paste image data copied to your clipboard via CTRL+V while on the website to upload it. You'll also be able to organize your images into albums and such.

Ok, thanks and well, I don˙t have an account, so yeah. ^^;

@everyone
Good Lord, a Minotaur in a Helm is no joke.
Yes?

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 04 Oct 2019, 09:17

And now I˙ve got the rest of the helms done. Great! Excellent! :D :D
Image Image Image
Get them HERE:
:right: https://sta.sh/028oczc7r00f :left:
Yes?

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 04 Oct 2019, 09:39

DaveHer wrote: I never heard of Imgur. :)
On IMGUR your either click the option to select a file, OR - just put any part of a picture you want from the memory by simply doing CTRL+V (IMGUR in a browser will catch that!) IMGUR will then upload it and then you can select Share links - and there are various share links. To share the image so that it is visible in the thread, copy the BBFORUM option from share links and paste into a "Post a Reply" window here on the forum.

For example I can select whatever part of an image I want in GIMP and hit CTRL+C (or just hit printscreen while in-game) to get it into memory, then I can then just hit CTRL+V on the IMGUR website and presto - I now have a shareable image for the thread that anyone can see.

Quite useful.
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

Dedicated MMMerge Forum (Bug Tracker included): shorturl.at/lryAF

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 04 Oct 2019, 09:44

Kiruha wrote:Hello guys, I have two questions:

The first one is about secret places for transition between continents in manual - it says that there are places in dagger wound island, laboratory and new sorgial but in my game they are not working - I need to download something or they are removed? The deffault ones (Dragonsands, Evenmorn island and Murmurwoods are working)

The second one - is it possible for me to remove recovery rate cap 30 for blasters and bows, like in vaniila games? What files i need to edit? Or it's too difficult and needs advanced scripting skills?
Please elaborate. Have you found the exact places? Have you used town portal? We need more info.

Second - I do not know, it might be in a text table somewhere. Check the text tables first.
Emjayen wrote: Hint: If you have an account, you can simply paste image data copied to your clipboard via CTRL+V while on the website to upload it. You'll also be able to organize your images into albums and such.

Actually I have no account and I have been using CTRL+V for the most part. So that is a false.
SpectralDragon wrote:
Emjayen wrote:It was originally just an image hosting website for Reddit, however it was later extended to support users commenting directly on the images themselves.

Ok, thanks and well, I don˙t have an account, so yeah. ^^;

@everyone
Good Lord, a Minotaur in a Helm is no joke.
See my answer above, you do not need an account to use CTRL+V.

Also holy hell, that looks great on a minotaur!

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 04 Oct 2019, 09:55

DaveHer wrote: I do not know why I did not notice it. But I will fix that. :)
David
Actually I found more.

And one very minor thing: :D

:D :D :D
Last edited by Templayer on 04 Oct 2019, 10:00, edited 2 times in total.

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 04 Oct 2019, 10:04

Templayer wrote:Also holy hell, that looks great on a minotaur!
Do we know right? :D That's why I've included it in the .zip as well, so that that would be the only helm (probably categorized as a hat) that Minotaurs can wear aside hats. It's just nothing like an actual full helm, it still has room for ears and all. :D
Templayer wrote:
DaveHer wrote: I do not know why I did not notice it. But I will fix that. :)
David
Actually I found more.

And one very minor thing: :D

:D :D :D
Apologies for MORE work, DaveHer. ^^; But well, those are last batches that both me and Templayer are giving you as an input, so now I'll leave ya alone. I'd rather start on a new PC now. :P
Still deciding if it would be a Dragon or a Troll. ^^;
Last edited by SpectralDragon on 04 Oct 2019, 10:05, edited 1 time in total.
Yes?

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 04 Oct 2019, 10:17

Templayer wrote:
DaveHer wrote: I never heard of Imgur. :)
On IMGUR your either click the option to select a file, OR - just put any part of a picture you want from the memory by simply doing CTRL+V (IMGUR in a browser will catch that!) IMGUR will then upload it and then you can select Share links - and there are various share links. To share the image so that it is visible in the thread, copy the BBFORUM option from share links and paste into a "Post a Reply" window here on the forum.

For example I can select whatever part of an image I want in GIMP and hit CTRL+C (or just hit printscreen while in-game) to get it into memory, then I can then just hit CTRL+V on the IMGUR website and presto - I now have a shareable image for the thread that anyone can see.

Quite useful.
Thanks for the info. :)
David

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 04 Oct 2019, 10:21

Emjayen wrote:
SpectralDragon wrote:
It was originally just an image hosting website for Reddit, however it was later extended to support users commenting directly on the images themselves.

Thanks for the info. :)
David

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 04 Oct 2019, 10:23

@Templayer
Which way do you want the wizards hat on the troll Tilted, clock wise or counter clock wise?
David

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 04 Oct 2019, 10:25

SpectralDragon wrote: Do we know right? :D That's why I've included it in the .zip as well, so that that would be the only helm (probably categorized as a hat) that Minotaurs can wear aside hats. It's just nothing like an actual full helm, it still has room for ears and all. :D
I approve of minotaurs being able to wear open helmets!

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 04 Oct 2019, 10:28

DaveHer wrote:@Templayer
Which way do you want the wizards hat on the troll Tilted, clock wise or counter clock wise?
David
To suit the troll head better - clockwise a bit.

EDIT: Since it isn't obvious to you, I visualized it. :P :D :D

EDIT2: It should be tilted the same angle as the head itself is.

EDIT3: Unless they are supposed to wear it like Simon the Sorcerer does in his eponymous series. :D

Last edited by Templayer on 04 Oct 2019, 10:40, edited 3 times in total.

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 04 Oct 2019, 11:00

Templayer wrote:I approve of minotaurs being able to wear open helmets!
Especially if they˙re cloth, like remember Mogred helm of MM7? Isn´t that one cloth/leather? :D
Last edited by SpectralDragon on 04 Oct 2019, 11:00, edited 1 time in total.
Yes?

Kiruha
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Kiruha » 04 Oct 2019, 11:04

Emjayen wrote: Please elaborate. Have you found the exact places? Have you used town portal? We need more info.
Yeah they are working - my bad.
Emjayen wrote: Second - I do not know, it might be in a text table somewhere. Check the text tables first.
I am looking right now, but I am not sure in what tables it should be. Recovery rate cap should be in items property or in characters or in monsters? Or maybe it is controlled by some script
Last edited by Kiruha on 04 Oct 2019, 11:07, edited 1 time in total.

Butcer
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Butcer » 04 Oct 2019, 13:12

How do i tlak to npc i have in my party ? Im trying to talk to quixote's but i can only bring up his portrait in my party, how do i talk to him?

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 04 Oct 2019, 13:17

Ok, people, when it comes to optional characters that I'll work on in order to be able to be played in this mod, which one do you all wish to see in the game (and play as) sooner?

Troll Lich or Gold Dragon?
Yes?

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 04 Oct 2019, 13:35

Templayer wrote:
DaveHer wrote:@Templayer
David
To suit the troll head better - clockwise a bit.

EDIT: Since it isn't obvious to you, I visualized it. :P :D :D

EDIT2: It should be tilted the same angle as the head itself is.

EDIT3: Unless they are supposed to wear it like Simon the Sorcerer does in his eponymous series. :D

That's the way I did it in the first place but I need to check with you first. Spectraldragon is a witness to this and I do not like the implications of your statement (Since it isn't obvious to you) :disagree: You should check the facts first before making statements of that nature. I guess you do not want my help. That's find with me.
David Hernandez

Return to “Might and Magic”