Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Templayer
Devil
Devil

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Unread postby Templayer » 02 Oct 2019, 13:59

SpectralDragon wrote:
Maslyonok wrote:*Taking off my hat*
Dis hats are pretty. I like it, Spectra!
Finally, I can have Boyarskii in my team!
LMAO no problem, even if Boyarskii cannot be a Mino because I couldn´t make it work on it. :wall: :wall: And speaking of more stuff, well ...
Crowns! Now everyone (even if Trolls will look weird in them ^^; ) will be able to have crowns!
Image Image Image
Get your stuff HERE:
:right: https://sta.sh/01ev6bcecuqy :left:
"So I heard that Harmondale has a king that is a Troll, is that true?"
"Yeah. He sure does look weird with a crown." :D :D :D
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

Dedicated MMMerge Forum (Bug Tracker included): shorturl.at/lryAF

justl
Demon
Demon

Unread postby justl » 02 Oct 2019, 15:29

SpectralDragon wrote:
LMAO no problem, even if Boyarskii cannot be a Mino because I couldn´t make it work on it. :wall: :wall: And speaking of more stuff, well ...
Crowns! Now everyone (even if Trolls will look weird in them ^^; ) will be able to have crowns!
Get your stuff HERE:
this one can be also used for the mm6 artifact/relic crowns arthur and odin
V2: Compendium of mm6-8 Secrets + Details about the base merge and DaveHer's redone merge (its in english!)
https://www.mightandmagicworld.de/fileb ... index.html

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 02 Oct 2019, 15:54

justl wrote:
SpectralDragon wrote:
Get your stuff HERE:
this one can be also used for the mm6 artifact/relic crowns arthur and odin
It would be great if those were different, though. At least a hue change.
Copy paste is boring. One of clear updates in MM7 and MM8 (non-copypasted look for artifacts and relics).
EDIT: Actually adding gems to look like actual medieval kingly crowns would be cool.
Last edited by Templayer on 02 Oct 2019, 15:56, edited 1 time in total.

Kinox
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Kinox » 02 Oct 2019, 16:02

SpectralDragon wrote:Sure, there are gals out there that would be offended by this sort of stuff
This is a fact, indeed. At least, you are one that can recognize it clearly.

People should take facts more seriously, if they want to be properly respected.
It's just that simple. No more need be said.

PS: Btw, you might remember me; If I'm not wrong, I used to watch and comment your MM8 Let's Play. Some crazy stuff such as respawning pirates in Daggerwound Island. :D If M&M is by itself 'potentially offensive' because of its universe stuff? Yes, somehow likely. A good point. But still, while it can't hold itself, people still can. Or maybe I shouldn't be here indeed; my gaming epoque might have ended after all. :canthear:
Last edited by Kinox on 02 Oct 2019, 16:14, edited 5 times in total.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 02 Oct 2019, 16:24

Kinox wrote:
SpectralDragon wrote:Sure, there are gals out there that would be offended by this sort of stuff
This is a fact, indeed. At least, you are one that can recognize it clearly.

People should take facts more seriously, if they want to be properly respected.
It's just that simple. No more need be said.

PS: Btw, you might remember me; If I'm not wrong, I used to watch and comment your MM8 Let's Play. Some crazy stuff such as respawning pirates in Daggerwound Island. :D If M&M is by itself 'potentially offensive' because of its universe stuff? Yes, somehow likely. A good point. But still, while it can't hold itself, people still can. Or maybe I shouldn't be here indeed; my gaming epoque might have ended after all. :canthear:
Actually no, you watched my MM8 LP. SpectralDragon however made hundreds of comments on my MM8 LP, so that is probably why you remember it like that.
Also you just ripped SpectralDragon's words out of context. Which offends me, funnily enough. :D

"People should take facts more seriously, if they want to be properly respected." - facts that you change to better suit you. Currently I have zero respect for you and I am very close to blocking you just so I wouldn't have to deal with you ever again. Take you social "justice" bulls.hit elsewhere please.

Kinox
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Kinox » 02 Oct 2019, 16:43

Templayer wrote:Also you just ripped SpectralDragon's words out of context. Which offends me, funnily enough. :D

"People should take facts more seriously, if they want to be properly respected." - facts that you change to better suit you. Currently I have zero respect for you and I am very close to blocking you just so I wouldn't have to deal with you ever again. Take you social "justice" bulls.hit elsewhere please.
People is seeing. Just one advice: keep your deviations to yourself, or go find a treament.
Last edited by Kinox on 02 Oct 2019, 16:43, edited 1 time in total.

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 02 Oct 2019, 17:08

Templayer wrote:"So I heard that Harmondale has a king that is a Troll, is that true?"
"Yeah. He sure does look weird with a crown." :D :D :D
Now with a literal Troll King as well! :D :D :D That's why I LOVE my job at times.
Templayer wrote:
justl wrote:This one can be also used for the mm6 artifact/relic crowns arthur and odin
It would be great if those were different, though. At least a hue change.
Copy paste is boring. One of clear updates in MM7 and MM8 (non-copypasted look for artifacts and relics).
EDIT: Actually adding gems to look like actual medieval kingly crowns would be cool.
I LOVE that artifact simply because of how it is even if it looks like a standard MM6 Almighty Crown (aside me being a big fan of Arthurian Legends to the point I almost always get an Arthur lookalike in my MM parties :D ), thus I'm all too happy to provide material for their existence. As for how these 2 should look like, aren't MM7 crowns waaaaaay more tacky than MM6 ones? I'd use one of these instead of a MM6 one if I would be you, Templayer ... and speaking of tacky crowns, I NEED IMAGE ASSETS FOR THE PHYNAXIAN CROWN, DANGIT! :D :D :D I wish to see a Troll wear that giant-ass thing!
Kinox wrote:PS: Btw, you might remember me; If I'm not wrong, I used to watch and comment your MM8 Let's Play. Some crazy stuff such as respawning pirates in Daggerwound Island. :D If M&M is by itself 'potentially offensive' because of its universe stuff? Yes, somehow likely. A good point. But still, while it can't hold itself, people still can. Or maybe I shouldn't be here indeed; my gaming epoque might have ended after all. :canthear:
I don't remember you leaving anything on my videos though, unlike Templayer. ^^; If you can remember giant info annotations I've left when seeing the likes of Captain Nelson and Admiral Clausewitz, then yep, that's mine. :D And YES, MM games themselves (from 6 to 8, that is. I cannot remember if I've seen anything like that in 9 at all except maybe entire Arslegard/Asgard thing, but I hardly believe anyone would be offended by that. Maybe Norse legend purists, but what? :D ) are boiling kettles of offensive material and thus expect people of those games to talk about them as freely as people of Dwarf Fortress community talk about stuff like how they can make the best military in the world by throwing Dwarf children to the rabid dogs and having them train themselves like that. Skewered morality compass that doesn't listen to political correctness! :tongue: I mean, there's a female Wererat imprisoned in a fortress filled to the brim with ravenous male Ogres and humans (Mercenaries) only for crying out loud, both me and Templayer probably offended a whole bunch of people (one of which might be you as well) by just talking about it extensively in his Avlee-related videos! :D :D :D

I can tell you another thing though and it's that people also have the choice when it comes to material that offends them (and even how they react when seeing said material), so if you're easily offended by stuff like that (movie quotes and all), then I only have 2 words for you: I'm sorry.
Last edited by SpectralDragon on 02 Oct 2019, 17:33, edited 4 times in total.
Yes?

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 02 Oct 2019, 17:22

Kinox wrote:
Templayer wrote:Also you just ripped SpectralDragon's words out of context. Which offends me, funnily enough. :D

People is seeing. Just one advice: keep your deviations to yourself, or go find a treament.
Reported and blocked (with that crappy makeshift userscript I made).
And now you will cease to exist for me. Enjoy. Bye.

justl
Demon
Demon

Unread postby justl » 02 Oct 2019, 21:03

Kinox wrote:

can all of you people who are not liking the other plz just ignore the other and leave the rest of us out of it?
or clear it via pm or email ( i dont care ...)
this is a forum for (hopefully) constructive ideas and bugfinding, etc. - not a personal warzone.
thx
(no, im not on anyones side at this squabling)
Last edited by justl on 02 Oct 2019, 21:04, edited 1 time in total.
V2: Compendium of mm6-8 Secrets + Details about the base merge and DaveHer's redone merge (its in english!)
https://www.mightandmagicworld.de/fileb ... index.html

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 02 Oct 2019, 21:31

justl wrote:
Kinox wrote:

can all of you people who are not liking the other plz just ignore the other and leave the rest of us out of it?
or clear it via pm or email ( i dont care ...)
this is a forum for (hopefully) constructive ideas and bugfinding, etc. - not a personal warzone.
thx
(no, im not on anyones side at this squabling)
Already did. If you were to check my response. No more squabbling with him.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 02 Oct 2019, 21:33

I just checked (there is a counter on my router) and for the previous month, I downloaded 208827 MB and uploaded 765743 MB. Poor guys on ulož.to have to be rather depressed about having a storage service that is unlimited for anonymous users. :D

Mostly legal too.

I am just saying it as a reason on why I really, really don't mind always having to download the 1.6 GB Merge when anything gets updated. :D :D :D
Also, one million Czech homes are going to get 1 Gbps internet sockets! YAAY. MOAR. :D
*Meanwhile in America...*

tl;dr, I hope Rodril keeps the "one package that is always updated to the max" for people with normal internet connections. Instead of having to deal with Merge patches and corruptions like we had to before. (the rogue ancient GrayFace Patch file that caused crashes, etc.)
Just being able to install, download, extract and play is a rather important thing. Instead of install, download, extract, update merge, update GF and then spent half a day figuring out why it doesn't work. :D :D
Last edited by Templayer on 02 Oct 2019, 21:38, edited 1 time in total.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 02 Oct 2019, 22:03

I have just been made aware of misbehavior in this thread. We are reviewing the various offending posts and will take the appropriate action. In the mean time I will leave the thread open for now. For well over 200 pages forum members have been suppling each other with good information and have been civil; this is why the recent comments had gone under the radar. We strive to maintain a fan and family friendly forum, and we will not accept or tolerate personal attacks or potentially offensive comments directed to other forum members.
Last edited by jeff on 02 Oct 2019, 22:04, edited 1 time in total.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 02 Oct 2019, 22:11

Echo wrote:I'm a second girl around here (and it's unlikely there's many more of us around) and also not offended so let's put that thing to rest, not ban anyone, and move on in peace and happiness :P

I do have a question about the issue that started this teeny-weeny flamewar - does the human racial skill add +1 point to the skills or +1 rank? As in, does it make say "Armsmaster 10" count as if there were 11 points in it, or does it make Expert into Master etc?

The +1 point would be a nice little bonus, I find, and give humans a pleasant, useful perk (admittedly a ton better than the original races had unless I missed some perks active after character creation). The rank up, on the other hand, seems immensely powerful.

Take my opinion with a grain of salt though, still haven't had time to play the merge and as far as I know the only racial perks were giving for instance Elves 2 points of Dexterity for 1 skill point and 1 point of Endurance for 2 points. Which gets super irrelevant soon enough.

I'm mostly just curious cause I'm not sure I understood it correctly. And I'd rather bring the talk back to bickering about stats than political issues for everyone's sake! :D
I believe it works so that your characters' maximum skill cap is raised by one category, so for example if your char could learn up to master in a skill, now they'll be able to learn up to grand. And yes, it's wildly OP, as I've written in a post a couple pages back, which I had to take tons of sh!t for from a certain pleasant guy as always. Anyway, I was under the wrong impression that this was already integrated into the base game, but it's actually optional. I'm still very much for an official, integrated version of racial skill level modifiers, but it would have to be much more subtle, like 1-2 modified skills per race tops maybe. I've been trying to have a discussion about a good way of implementing it so that everyone's happy, but that will be up to Rodril I suppose.

As for point bonuses to skills, such that for example instead of a skill level of 1 you start with say, 3 (but still require only 2 skill points to level up) would perhaps be a nice thing, but it would only make a difference early-game and I'm not even sure if it's implementable. It might be a more conciliatory way of buffing certain classes, but mastery levels tend to make more of a difference than a difference of 2 skill points. Still, a single level buff to a proper skill could make just the right amount of difference, both for minmaxing and simply giving nice flavor and variety to your chars (like for example if humans had +1 to Sword by default, human thieves or paladins could get up to grandmaster in Sword etc). The only problem is, people are not taking very kindly to doing the opposite - reducing certain skill level caps for some races as compensation. They see it as needlessly restrictive.
jeff wrote:I have just been made aware of misbehavior in this thread. We are reviewing the various offending posts and will take the appropriate action. In the mean time I will leave the thread open for now. For well over 200 pages forum members have been suppling each other with good information and have been civil; this is why the recent comments had gone under the radar. We strive to maintain a fan and family friendly forum, and we will not accept or tolerate personal attacks or potentially offensive comments directed to other forum members.
To be perfectly fair and honest, certain problems have already started way back, more like page 140 or so. Not so much before that point, though.
Last edited by Xfing on 02 Oct 2019, 22:29, edited 2 times in total.

Echo
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Echo » 02 Oct 2019, 22:53

jeff wrote:I have just been made aware of misbehavior in this thread. We are reviewing the various offending posts and will take the appropriate action. In the mean time I will leave the thread open for now. For well over 200 pages forum members have been suppling each other with good information and have been civil; this is why the recent comments had gone under the radar. We strive to maintain a fan and family friendly forum, and we will not accept or tolerate personal attacks or potentially offensive comments directed to other forum members.
If I could chip in just a little, I hope I'm not out of line, but I really hope the person doesn't get banned/warned for that "both are pretty girls" thing. I truly don't think anything offensive was said there and it would be a shame to punish the fella for saying that, whether it was a movie quote or not.

It's really easy nowadays to get lost in the linguistic/behavioral landscape with two sides growing ever more drastic and pushing against one another with force fueling one another's rage, but it leads absolutely nowhere but silence and people being afraid to jest. It's so clear already in this topic it just makes me sad and honestly quite angry (hence this rant, I'm sorry, it just seems to happen EVERYWHERE nowadays). It was a comment made with good intention and in good spirits meant simply to pacify two folks bickering with each other and yet it caused drama instant. One side goes on the offense causing the other to retaliate with rage and indignation (doesn't matter which way, it all goes in circles anyway) and it's such a pointless spiral that antagonizes not only both sides but also whoever gets caught in the middle.

And while certainly somewhere someone could possibly be offended by the joke, someone somewhere will be offended by anything. We can't just stop quoting things, stop joking, stop commenting, it's such a sad prospect :S

Intent is key and it's awfully clear there was no ill one behind this innocent comment/joke. It wasn't even edgy or distasteful. So yeah, just like I said I hope the ban doesn't land there.

I have no idea about the extent or the subject of the other forum battle but since that's not an overarching and highly worrisome social trend but just a disagreement between two folks on a game forum I have no input there. At least it seems like they're fighting about annoying and offending one other like in the good old days :-D

I'm sorry for ranting. I'm just worried about what I'm seeing and how there's those camps who antagonize each other and make people hateful to the point the forgotten hatreds are coming back anew. I've seen one too many person scream they hate X even though few years ago they didn't care. I could bitch about all this for hours... :wall:

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 02 Oct 2019, 23:32

Echo wrote: If I could chip in just a little, I hope I'm not out of line, but I really hope the person doesn't get banned/warned for that "both are pretty girls" thing. I truly don't think anything offensive was said there and it would be a shame to punish the fella for saying that, whether it was a movie quote or not.
:
I'm 99% convinced that post was not even briefly considered by the mods. It's completely, 100% innocent and you really have to reach to be even remotely offended by it. Kinox suggesting it was in some way offensive (in fact more so than the overall rudeness he must have seen in the thread prior to it) was definitely not the type of behavior that resonated well with most of us here and I made that clear, but neither do I condone the rudeness and coldness that Templayer treated Kinox with. There is a difference between disliking excessive political correctness and making it an excuse to discard all etiquette and as a shield to make crude and genuinely offensive jokes or remarks with impunity. Quoting an innocuous line from a children's animated movie is not an example of a genuinely offensive joke, but we need to be able to recognize ones that indeed are, and shouldn't seek to justify them being made lest we come across as "politically correct". This is more a matter of decency, tact and being able to read the room. That said, I don't think this particular type of behavior has been a problem in this thread, complaints about political correctness notwithstanding. The problems are rudeness, impatience, condescension, arrogance, self-importance, projecting one's faults upon others, feeling personally attacked in discussions for no good reason, acting bossy and so on.
Last edited by Xfing on 02 Oct 2019, 23:37, edited 6 times in total.

Echo
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Echo » 02 Oct 2019, 23:49

Xfing wrote: I'm 99% convinced that post was not even briefly considered by the mods. It's completely, 100% innocent and you really have to reach to be even remotely offended by it. Kinox suggesting it was in some way offensive (in fact more so than the overall rudeness he must have seen in the thread prior to it) was definitely not the type of behavior that resonated well with most of us here and I made that clear, but neither do I condone the rudeness and coldness that Templayer treated Kinox with. There is a difference between disliking excessive political correctness and making it an excuse to discard all etiquette and as a shield to make crude and genuinely offensive jokes or remarks with impunity. Quoting an innocuous line from a children's animated movie is not an example of a genuinely offensive joke, but we need to be able to recognize ones that indeed are, and shouldn't seek to justify them being made lest we come across as "politically correct". This is more a matter of decency, tact and being able to read the room. That said, I don't think this particular type of behavior has been a problem in this thread, complaints about political correctness notwithstanding. The problems are rudeness, impatience, condescension, arrogance, self-importance, projecting one's faults upon others, feeling personally attacked in discussions for no good reason, acting bossy and so on.
I hope you're right. But I just felt like I'd rather say it. I am probably too afraid of people getting punished myself, but I've seen even some high-profile folks make decisions under pressure that I felt were hurtful (and in the situation I'm thinking of luckily reversed later, but the harm was done) so I figured I'll just defend the fellow.

I'm always of the opinion that responding with aggression leads nowhere, too. And funnily enough Kinox didn't have ill intentions either, that's the tragedy of these stupid fights and escalations.

Alas, anger and indignation are such a common response nowadays due to people pushing their agendas too hard and too far from all sides of the fence (yes, this is a special fence, it has many sides! :-D ) and getting everyone permanently angry and ready to fight the other side at the slightest pretext.

I honestly lost it (sad-laughing) when a debate of whether there should be updated models in Classic WoW or not as a toggle turned into a political poop-flinging. And when I saw what a perfect, perfect allegory it was to many serious social issues and how the political stances, approaches, opinions were flawlessly reflected in it...

Okay! I'm gonna shut up now. Feel free to delete these posts and resume Merge talks :creative: Merge over the divisions!

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 03 Oct 2019, 03:15

The posts that seem to have caused the upset were brought to my attention by someone that was concerned. For now no further action is planned beyond the warning issued in my previous post. Let's try and keep it on topic and as friendly as possible.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 03 Oct 2019, 05:49

jeff wrote:The posts that seem to have caused the upset were brought to my attention by someone that was concerned. For now no further action is planned beyond the warning issued in my previous post. Let's try and keep it on topic and as friendly as possible.
Thank you. :) When it comes to the offending post(s), it was probably some of the ones starting with this one on previous page (211, the very start) that came in 02 Oct 2019, 01:15 (CET, methinks). You can find it at the top of the page and from this one, things got blown of proportion.
It's fun that moderation has been forgotten (or never existed?) in this forum or thread…

For, until now, it was well observable that Templayer and XFing were having some difficulties in communication.
But, essentially, that was limited to (I dare say) brand provokation between themselves.

Now, this user decided to go a bit too far:
Girls, girls! You're both pretty! Can I go home now?
This is ugly disrespect for a large group of people, and Misoginy at its purest. Girls (or Women) have NOTHING to do with the current issue; and still they were invoked in that offensive manner. Ridiculous. I hope he get banned for this. I don't want, as a man gamer, to be associated with this kind of mindset and behavior — even though we all know why we (as gamers) have been so hated world-wide, more and more. That's one of the reasons why. GOOD JOB!!!
No names here because one, they already show up in said original posts and 2, we (or at least I) wish to move on from this tidal wave of nonsense as soon as possible and just continue talking about the mod. Yesh, I'll probably get targeted about this very post I've made that showcases the most likely culprit for the said offensive posts, but you (and other mods that might come) deserve to know where the root of the problem is, at least from my observations.

And no, I wasn't offended by the 2nd quote or the post itself, just being like "Oh Ancients, here we go again ... (facepalm)" at the post.
Last edited by SpectralDragon on 03 Oct 2019, 05:52, edited 2 times in total.
Yes?

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 03 Oct 2019, 05:54

Templayer wrote:
SpectralDragon wrote:
Templayer wrote:But if Minotaurs can be made to wear hats, as Rodril has stated... that means... that my Minotaur Archer is going to have spiffy MM6 hats! :D :D :D :D
FINALLY I WILL USE HATS! :D
I do not think I have ever used them before. Except for the very, very, VERY early game.
Except Fancy Hat (marked as "hat2"), I couldn´t make it work on a Mino. :wall:
NÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓ! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :nervous: :drama: :scared: :sadeyes:
Scratch my previous one, DaveHer managed to make the Fancy Hat work on Minos, so these will come as well. Once in, even a Minotaur can be Boyarskii as Masly says. :D :D
Either way, these hats will finally find their uses, ha ha ha ha ha!
Last edited by SpectralDragon on 03 Oct 2019, 05:57, edited 1 time in total.
Yes?

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 03 Oct 2019, 06:07

Templayer wrote:tl;dr, I hope Rodril keeps the "one package that is always updated to the max" for people with normal internet connections. Instead of having to deal with Merge patches and corruptions like we had to before. (the rogue ancient GrayFace Patch file that caused crashes, etc.)
Just being able to install, download, extract and play is a rather important thing. Instead of install, download, extract, update merge, update GF and then spent half a day figuring out why it doesn't work. :D :D
I have to agree on that one, since that messing up with stuff is another reason why am I restraining myself from playing the Merge (aside the obvious thing with the Undead Ghost Dragon and all). Don't wish to lose any of my progress on the Merge simply because of things like that that would force me to reinstall the entire thing each time it's all updated. ^^;
And yes, this also makes me hold playtesters like you in utmost respect because you pals are the frontline fighters against any corruption and bugs that happen after all of this. You pals deserve all recognition you can get just for that and more for your own contribution to the Merge. (bows in respect)
Yes?

Return to “Might and Magic”