Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Reed
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Unread postby Reed » 27 Sep 2019, 15:34

ridiculous how you try to undermine my opinion by trying to backup yourself with your buddies by making me look like i don't value or appreciate Their work.
yes, i said easy, i didn't say quick.... not the same thing...

and another btw, reproduce visually? dude you have never worked with unity for sure, the graphics would the worst part.
i don't care if you think you can make me feel bad with your "...sad... ", my live is for jesus and he is The creator of my emotions.

Mod Note: Removed defamatory sentences, in this stream of emotions, PM sent. Refrain from personal attacks here.
Last edited by Pol on 27 Sep 2019, 19:25, edited 9 times in total.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 27 Sep 2019, 15:45

Reed wrote:ridiculous how you try to undermine my opinion by trying to backup yourself with your buddies by making me look like i don't value or appreciate Their work. can you act even act more serpentish?(jew-ISH)
i don't care if you think you can make me feel bad with your "...sad... ", my live is for jesus and he is The creator of my emotions.
I didn't try to "backup myself" with my "buddies", I just gave out the context of my original message, since you didn't get it.

Also I believe calling me "jew-ish" (besides being completely retarded) also violated the rules on this forum (didn't check, but... I am pretty sure it does. It would be weird if it didn't).

Yes, I know you said easy.

A cult fanatic, eh? I am not surprised.

Blocked (with my personal script) and reported.
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

Dedicated MMMerge Forum (Bug Tracker included): shorturl.at/lryAF

Reed
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Reed » 27 Sep 2019, 15:47

Thank You, really very much! I don't have to play it then..."with my personal script" hahahahhaha EGO SYKE
Last edited by Reed on 27 Sep 2019, 15:55, edited 4 times in total.

Butcer
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Butcer » 27 Sep 2019, 15:49

How do i travel from enroth (mm6) to mm7 and mm8? I dont want hints , i want to know how to do it without any hassle or cryptic nonsense

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 27 Sep 2019, 15:52

Butcer wrote:How do i travel from enroth (mm6) to mm7 and mm8? I dont want hints , i want to know how to do it without any hassle or cryptic nonsense
Check the Tracker in my signature, there is a spoiler guide for that there.
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

Dedicated MMMerge Forum (Bug Tracker included): shorturl.at/lryAF

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 27 Sep 2019, 16:10

Xfing wrote:Pretty sure he's meant to be a gold dragon in his room animation, but that might just be me. As for the cinematic, he's the one caressing the egg and narrating. Looks just like Ithilgore.

Damn, I must have drawn a blank. Correct, he does still like you if you're on the Light path :D

To be fair though, he doesn't seem like a guy who would involve himself with dragons. We might struggle a bit to convincingly fit him in there, since the only thing he's got going for him is that he's Tor's light path counterpart.
Probably just you if you ask me or maybe our monitors back when we played MM8 for the 1st time, since I remember him being either red or brown-like instead and that this gold-like glow is from the lava River in frog of him ... and I know about that bit, I'm talking about the Dragon attack continuation of this where Deftclaw says "As we were hunted, so shall they be!". Deftclaw's actual guise shows up as soon as this is heard from him: "We will wash them from this world, in blood and fire!" :devious: I personally like to imagine that the dragon in front of the egg that speaks up is Ishton or maybe another Brown Dragon that serves as "Deftclaw's mouth", no matter how ridiculous this type of thinking it is. :D :D

It's all just ideas still, thus it's completely alright if he doesn't make it in the end. Brainstorming is fun after all ... at least for me. ^^;
Xfing wrote:This is one of the reasons why I've always wanted the stuff from all the 3 games properly ported. I'm totally starting a dress-up gallery thread once that's done. All the different hats, armors, cloaks, boots, belts.. there's gonna be a plethora of looks to give your chars!

BTW, I'm super grateful for your work on porting the helmets. YOu're doing a great job there. There's one thing that knida bothers me though (ofc it's not your fault as you're not the one who did it) - the MM6 ad MM7 belts don't look too good. I mean it's great to have them, but they just don't fit the paperdolls well as they are right now. Judging by your work on the helmets it looks like you'd be able to make them look much prettier. Do you think you could take a swipe at them when you're done with the helmets?
Just remember that Minotaurs in general cannot have boots or hats, this one here is more of a fun exception. :D :D :D

If I'd have all belt image assets, then why not? (shrug) Since currently I have NO belt images at all, all I have are MM6 hats and helmets. I don't even have MM6 crowns! (facepalm) Also, maybe after doing the Gold Dragon too. ^^; But else, when it comes to belts, talk to DaveHer about it, he's also the one that's helping me with hats and helmets as well.
Yes?

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 27 Sep 2019, 16:18

Reed wrote:ridiculous how you try to undermine my opinion by trying to backup yourself with your buddies by making me look like i don't value or appreciate Their work. can you act even act more insidious?(serpent-ISH)
oh btw, who called anyone else than you arrogant?
and another btw, reproduce visually? dude you have never worked with unity for sure, the graphics would the worst part.
Let's just say that if stuff will start to move to Unity when it comes to MM games, then I'd become swiftly irrelevant and I'm planning on keeping my position here, thank you very much.

Jesus might create your emotions, but you have the will to choose if you'll show them to us or not. :tongue: Be careful, as they can always twist themselves against you like words themselves. ;)
Yes?

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 27 Sep 2019, 16:25

Templayer wrote:Well, the first one looks like a different point of view on the same dragon, just with more details.
Remember that the MM6 NPC an monster sprites were made from 3D models, and those were somewhat limited at the time. (still awesome enough, though! :D )

Awesome! SORCERER SUPREME! :D

Now that our one dedicated artist is working on item repaints, it might be worth to finally implement (and us to find bugs) in Sower's code for visually wearable gloves and gauntlets. :P
Hyea, with antlers for horns, more colors, a big tooth and whatnots, thus I don't know exactly if I should get that detailed like in Heroes III sprite or keeping it minimal like in MM6 one. What do you say? ^^;

Now imagine a Minotaur Lich with that hat. I'm sorry, but I'd DIE LAUGHING. :D :D :D

Not all items though, just MM6 hats and helmets (as I don't know if there are missing MM7 ones and I'm missing all MM6 crowns. (facepalms for days))and after said hats and helmets I'll go for the Gold Dragon, this yeah. ^^;
Yes?

Butcer
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Butcer » 27 Sep 2019, 16:33

Templayer wrote:
Butcer wrote:How do i travel from enroth (mm6) to mm7 and mm8? I dont want hints , i want to know how to do it without any hassle or cryptic nonsense
Check the Tracker in my signature, there is a spoiler guide for that there.
i cant find it, just tell me please
Last edited by Butcer on 27 Sep 2019, 16:33, edited 1 time in total.

justl
Demon
Demon

Unread postby justl » 27 Sep 2019, 16:50

SpectralDragon wrote:How do you think does he look like in this hilarious hat? :D
Had to do that, since Halloween is swiftly coming! :tongue: :D And just to see how would he look like in it.
i see no reason why minotaurs shouldnt wear hats or crowns - only thing they cant put on their heads are helmets for obvious reasons
V2: Compendium of mm6-8 Secrets + Details about the base merge and DaveHer's redone merge (its in english!)
https://www.mightandmagicworld.de/fileb ... index.html

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 27 Sep 2019, 16:55

Butcer wrote:I cant find it, just tell me please
You're in Enroth (MM6), right? Try to drink the Fountain of Magic (one that restores your SPs) in New Sorpigal dry. It's the diagonal upper one from the Fountain of HPs in the center of the town.
justl wrote:I see no reason why minotaurs shouldnt wear hats or crowns - only thing they cant put on their heads are helmets for obvious reasons.
My thoughts exactly, but well, we shall see what will coders say about that.
Last edited by SpectralDragon on 27 Sep 2019, 16:57, edited 1 time in total.
Yes?

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 27 Sep 2019, 17:40

Reed wrote:Thank You, really very much! I don't have to play it then..."with my personal script" hahahahhaha EGO SYKE
No worries, he blocked me too. That's what he does :D

And I did gather that you used vykání in that post. For those unfamiliar, it's a manner in many Slavic languages of addressing people you don't know in the plural of 2nd person rather than in the singular. For that reason it can be understandably confused with addressing a group of people.

Anyway, welcome aboard I guess.

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Rodril » 27 Sep 2019, 17:41

Wanted to make post from mobile phone to prevent drama, but forum said my IP is in blacklist... Strange.
Templayer wrote:Crashes galore lately. What the hell is happening? (I presume it is both new stuff, and perhaps also GrayFace's newest patch? Did one of you try to fix the vanilla targeting glitches, resulting in those crashes? Just cooking water here. )
Both Grayface's patch and your Race skills table work fine. In last update I've added some features, which allow to code behavior of spells casted by monsters, but I did not test them on every single spell - hoped code is universal, that's my mistake.
Get to one of spots on picture ( https://www.dropbox.com/s/kjz4c4kppxxw9 ... s.png?dl=0 ) , when line "You feel high magic presence" will pop, cast town portal spell. Also game npc will tell you this once your main character reach 10k experience.
SpectralDragon wrote:My thoughts exactly, but well, we shall see what will coders say about that.
Engine supports this. All you have to do, is make pictures of crowns/hats for minotaur paperdoll and enable head armor slot in "Character doll types.txt".

About Unity. I just would not have enough motivation to start and finish it. I don't know if it is harder/longer or not, I just don't like rewriting existing things, while digging disassembled .exe intrigues me a lot, it is like a journey, where your quest is to answer the riddle and by guesswork find out what this or another function does. Enjoyment of it keeps me working on a merge.
Also I would not call years of experience a measure of skill level, while it is important for no doubts, I believe, patience and good documentation of environment are more important things.

@Templayer
I think you have to be more polite with some people, there are always special ones, I don't justify last Reed's posts, but you could avoid it by answering in more smooth form.

Butcer
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Butcer » 27 Sep 2019, 17:46

thank you

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 27 Sep 2019, 19:34

Rodril wrote:Engine supports this. All you have to do, is make pictures of crowns/hats for minotaur paperdoll and enable head armor slot in "Character doll types.txt".

Also I would not call years of experience a measure of skill level, while it is important for no doubts, I believe, patience and good documentation of environment are more important things.
Ok, thanks and yus, I'm actually making v3 versions of those hats I have (MM6 hats, I'm missing MM7 and MM8 ones, sadly, together with all crowns and with that, I mean all "base" and "specific game-adapted" image assets of said hats and crowns. That I'm missing, that is. :( ) just for this. I won't be making helmets with that quirk though, since I see it be restricted to hats exclusively due to how adaptable they are to Minotaur heads compared to cold metal helms. ^^;

Truer words had never been said there, since even with many years under the belt, skills can still go rusty. Good documentation is always relevant as well as important and as for patience, well ... patience is a virtue. :D
Yes?

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 27 Sep 2019, 19:39

Xfing wrote: :gong:
So yeah, you can start working on that "alternative Dragon companion for Light side parties" questline at any time you feel to be perfect, even if it starts as just a textfile with an interesting story that would be then linked to coders and whatnots like your Racial Specifications textfile was. I'll start working on Gold Dragon eventually (aka once all MM6 hats and helmets - no crowns because I don't have "base" images of them :( - are done, which won't be long, since I only have Fancy Hat, Helm, Steel and Guardian Helms to do). (fist bump)
Yes?

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 27 Sep 2019, 20:23

Aye,there's probably not much dialogue to write so I might get around to it during the weekend, if Rodril's willing to go that route with that quest.

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 27 Sep 2019, 20:31

Xfing wrote:Aye, there's probably not much dialogue to write so I might get around to it during the weekend, if Rodril's willing to go that route with that quest.
:tsup: ... will take some weeks in making the Gold Dragon playable character though. ^^;
Yes?

Jezebeth Noir
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Jezebeth Noir » 28 Sep 2019, 05:07

Templayer wrote:They already have a racial GM, which makes me not want to boost them any further.
I agree that they're too overpowered, but the proposal is too logical and beautiful to pass up. As a solution I propose to make them the bonus race, like liches, available to any character of any class, not only mages and peasants.
I believe body building shouldn't be racial for minotaurs. There might be minotaur sorcerers and druids that shun body perfection.
Even minotaurs sorcerers remains artificial creatures with herculean body type. In addition, now they're too weak in comparison with elves and dwarfes.
I disagree with the elves, but I am looking for alternative solutions. Something they would be better than Dark Elves at. Like diplomacy, perhaps?
Maybe bows? Let dark elves be more focused on magic and/or melee combat? I don't like the idea of expert-limited racial abitily, it should be unlimited or shouldn't be at all.

Return to “Might and Magic”