Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Unread postby Rodril » 26 Sep 2019, 14:35

Templayer wrote:We seem to have something more serious here:
Patch link have been updated: https://mega.nz/#!vuQEnIaQ!wPbMj2-pSudk ... qrnMNEM2pE
Tell me if it will keep happen. Thank you.
DaveHer wrote:@Rodrid
I am helping SpectralDragon with the MM6 helmets but the names of the helmets in the icons.lod is not the same as in the rnditems.txt See link. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1yy7YZ ... 3K6X9kLOyz Is that the way it suppose to be? Also in MM6 there are three different colors for invisible background one is something like a pink. Is this true for MM678merge?
David
I have not checked what pic names used in Items.txt, but ones from rnditems.txt are not used by engine anyhow, you can ignore it.
Engine does not use specified color for transparency, it uses first color of image's palette as key for transparency map, so there can be any amount of color masks, any color mask from mm6 is supported in mm8.
gurthaur wrote:So I went back to Jadame to do some massacre on Temple of the Sun instead, but Temple of the Sun secret button upstairs doesn't show up after jumping down (with GM Perception). Tried clicking on the spot, killing priests inside etc which also didn't work.
Do you have Dyson Leland in your team? Button highlighted only if he is with you.

Jezebeth Noir
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Jezebeth Noir » 26 Sep 2019, 15:20

I see you've updated the Racial Skills mod. Looks great! I also thought about making humans jacks of all trades, but finally I've decided that it'll be too much and didn't propose it. But imho they still need one level in bow, for example dwarfen rangers now looks very promising, they are truly jacks of all trades for single character playing, and humans are still totally behind.

What about vampires, why did you change your mind and decide not give them dodge and unarmed combat? It wouldn't make them too overpowered because would have to choose between the mist form and unarmed combat. BWT, dwarfen liches and zombies are great, are you going to add dwarfen vampires? Now they're just grow from the human growth after being bitten. And what do you think about allowing any characters of any class to transform into vampire?

Returning to the Racial Skills mod, don't you think that bodybuilding skill is best suited to minotaurs race? And maybe it makes sense to give light elves by origin GM in their racial skill, if they chose the dark path?

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 26 Sep 2019, 16:06

Jezebeth Noir wrote:What about vampires, why did you change your mind and decide not give them dodge and unarmed combat? It wouldn't make them too overpowered because would have to choose between the mist form and unarmed combat. BWT, dwarfen liches and zombies are great, are you going to add dwarfen vampires? Now they're just grow from the human growth after being bitten. And what do you think about allowing any characters of any class to transform into vampire?

Returning to the Racial Skills mod, don't you think that bodybuilding skill is best suited to minotaurs race?
I support the notion of Vampire Dodging + Unarmed (since well, those teeth and claws aren't just for show, yaknow? :D), but when it comes to Vampires as a race I sadly need to tell you that when it comes to my side, they aren't coming for a long while. Given how many characters are out there more than one person is needed to turn them all into their vampiric guises nowadays and even better, Blood Dragon debate is still up because it's still not know whenever we need to do a skeletal version of it (see In the Wake of Gods mod for Heroes III for it) or a fleshy version of it, thus for now, Vampire versions of characters are a no go, at least on my side. Sorry. ^^;
Yes?

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 26 Sep 2019, 16:15

Speaking of new questlines, what are you pals thinking about the notion that if Tor (Warlock promotion questgiver) gives "Dragon Familiar" quest and the party you're playing chooses the path of Light, they get another option of going to the questgiver for Grand/Arch Druid (dunno in Antagarich, Lorette Fleise in Enroth/MM6) with the said Dragon Egg and as a result not only do they get the quest resolved (as well as pretty pissed off Tor ... I think? :D ) but they also gain a Gold Dragon Familiar? Or is that too much (since in the original train of thought, said questgiver for Grand/Arch Druid instead gives you another egg and once your party returns to Tor, you get both the quest resolved and a Gold Dragon Familiar)?
Rodril wrote: :gong:
GrayFace wrote: :gong:
Templayer wrote: :gong:
Said "hidden option" for Light side parties could be mentioned to them by both Seers and Oracles (from all MM games).
Last edited by SpectralDragon on 26 Sep 2019, 16:16, edited 1 time in total.
Yes?

gurthaur
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby gurthaur » 26 Sep 2019, 16:30

Jezebeth Noir wrote:I see you've updated the Racial Skills mod. Looks great! I also thought about making humans jacks of all trades, but finally I've decided that it'll be too much and didn't propose it. But imho they still need one level in bow, for example dwarfen rangers now looks very promising, they are truly jacks of all trades for single character playing, and humans are still totally behind.

What about vampires, why did you change your mind and decide not give them dodge and unarmed combat? It wouldn't make them too overpowered because would have to choose between the mist form and unarmed combat. BWT, dwarfen liches and zombies are great, are you going to add dwarfen vampires? Now they're just grow from the human growth after being bitten. And what do you think about allowing any characters of any class to transform into vampire?

Returning to the Racial Skills mod, don't you think that bodybuilding skill is best suited to minotaurs race? And maybe it makes sense to give light elves by origin GM in their racial skill, if they chose the dark path?
You can edit skills at data/tables, I edited them to suit my liking. So if you want to play Dark Elf Druid with GM Axe, you can lol, I'll do something like that on my next run. If you think it makes game cheesy, increase bolster monster modifier.
Rodril wrote: Do you have Dyson Leland in your team? Button highlighted only if he is with you.
Thanks, I completely forgot about that.

Jezebeth Noir
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Jezebeth Noir » 26 Sep 2019, 16:42

SpectralDragon wrote:but when it comes to Vampires as a race I sadly need to tell you that when it comes to my side, they aren't coming for a long while. Given how many characters are out there more than one person is needed to turn them all into their vampiric
Now it realized as changing characters face and doll to the vampire ones, and it's ok. All we have to do is to allow vampire transformation to any class, not only peasants.

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 26 Sep 2019, 16:48

@Rodril,
I took a look at the icons.lod file and found that there are two sets of the same helms for MM6 with different names. Helm2 is the same as hlm2icon, helm3 is the same as hlm3icon and so on. One set needs to be deleted. I will delete the latter for my copy of the merge and change the names in the rnditems.txt. and put the same values from the original MM6 rnditems.txt into the merge rnditems.txt and when i am finish porting the helms into the merge I will make the files and images available to you. I will also do the Complex item pictures.txt to position the helms on the paperdolls like I did for the belts. SpectralDragon is doing the painting part and doing a great job. :applause:
David

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 26 Sep 2019, 17:11

DaveHer wrote:SpectralDragon is doing the painting part and doing a great job. :applause:
David
I'd do a fist bump there, but I don't know if there's an emoji for it. So for now there's just a hug. :hug: :tsup: Once I'm done with helmets and hats from MM6, I'll go do the Gold Dragon just in case my little crazy idea for the Dragon Familiar alternative quest completion goes all the way through (think ways you can do War for Harmondale quests, but with Warlock promotion quest :P ). I like to do legit reasons for alternative characters for the base game as well, so that they cannot be Unlocker-only, ha ha ha ha ha. ^^; :D
Yes?

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 26 Sep 2019, 18:04

SpectralDragon wrote: Here, let me fix those codes so that they display correctly in comments (good luck on these, Rodril!). Also, so many "temporary" stuff, they might as well be you! :D :D
You snowman.
♪♫♩...Let's build a snowman...♫♩♪
gurthaur wrote:I submitted the one above, couldn't know if I should it put on tracker or here.

So I went back to Jadame to do some massacre on Temple of the Sun instead, but Temple of the Sun secret button upstairs doesn't show up after jumping down (with GM Perception). Tried clicking on the spot, killing priests inside etc which also didn't work.

Also in Deyja, Pit Palace, aggroing script is bugged. Sometimes they trigger unnecessarily, sometimes not at all. You have to go to nearest boat near the entrance, unlike what guard says. Still you can get aggroed exiting boat outside court room.
I will have to fix it there, since you were using someone else's report and since you posted it under your fullname instead of nickname.... I didn't know you weren't the report maker.

Please always put the bug reports here. I can put them to the Tracker manually. If you put them on the tracker yourself, that is upon you - optional.

The secret button isn't based on perception. Like in patched vanilla - you have to have Dyson Leland in your party to see the button.

I will add that last thing on your report on bugs.
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

Dedicated MMMerge Forum (Bug Tracker included): shorturl.at/lryAF

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 26 Sep 2019, 18:08

Templayer wrote:♪♫♩...Let's build a snowman...♫♩♪
You saw my crazy alternative quest ending suggestion for Dragon Familiar quest? I mean, if both Light and Dark side parties can get it now, then why the Void can't we get properly alignment dragons as well (Red and Black ones generally being wicked while Green and Gold ones are good ones in general)? :D :D
Yes?

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 26 Sep 2019, 18:18

Oh fu.ck me, there's another page in the thread. xD Didn't know that when I made the last post of mine. :D
Jezebeth Noir wrote: What about vampires, why did you change your mind and decide not give them dodge and unarmed combat? It wouldn't make them too overpowered because would have to choose between the mist form and unarmed combat. BWT, dwarfen liches and zombies are great, are you going to add dwarfen vampires? Now they're just grow from the human growth after being bitten. And what do you think about allowing any characters of any class to transform into vampire?

Honestly? I forgot. Also Vampires are currently OP as sh.it. They already have a racial GM, which makes me not want to boost them any further.

I believe body building shouldn't be racial for minotaurs. There might be minotaur sorcerers and druids that shun body perfection.

I disagree with the elves, but I am looking for alternative solutions. Something they would be better than Dark Elves at. Like diplomacy, perhaps? When it is implemented.
Maybe keener eyes? Hmmm. I think I may need some further discussions on the topic. But the "Dark" part of the "Fey" abilities should be kept to Dark Elves, since that is... what makes the Dark Elves. What would be cool would be once we can make additional spells and spellbook pages would be to make Light Elf Abilities, where the other half of the spell book would have different spells. That would be ideal. :P
SpectralDragon wrote:Speaking of new questlines, what are you pals thinking about the notion that if Tor (Warlock promotion questgiver) gives "Dragon Familiar" quest and the party you're playing chooses the path of Light, they get another option of going to the questgiver for Grand/Arch Druid (dunno in Antagarich, Lorette Fleise in Enroth/MM6) with the said Dragon Egg and as a result not only do they get the quest resolved (as well as pretty pissed off Tor ... I think? :D ) but they also gain a Gold Dragon Familiar? Or is that too much (since in the original train of thought, said questgiver for Grand/Arch Druid instead gives you another egg and once your party returns to Tor, you get both the quest resolved and a Gold Dragon Familiar)?
Rodril wrote: :gong:
GrayFace wrote: :gong:
Templayer wrote: :gong:
Said "hidden option" for Light side parties could be mentioned to them by both Seers and Oracles (from all MM games).
What about being able to find different eggs in various places? Red and green eggs in Jadame? Black and Gold in Antagarich? A literal Dragon Easter Egg Hunt? :D :D :D
SpectralDragon wrote:
DaveHer wrote:SpectralDragon is doing the painting part and doing a great job. :applause:
David
I'd do a fist bump there, but I don't know if there's an emoji for it. So for now there's just a hug. :hug: :tsup: Once I'm done with helmets and hats from MM6, I'll go do the Gold Dragon just in case my little crazy idea for the Dragon Familiar alternative quest completion goes all the way through (think ways you can do War for Harmondale quests, but with Warlock promotion quest :P ). I like to do legit reasons for alternative characters for the base game as well, so that they cannot be Unlocker-only, ha ha ha ha ha. ^^; :D
YAAY.
Rodril wrote:
Templayer wrote:We seem to have something more serious here:
Patch link have been updated: https://mega.nz/#!vuQEnIaQ!wPbMj2-pSudk ... qrnMNEM2pE
Tell me if it will keep happen. Thank you.
No problem. I will notify you if I get further reports on that on the Tracker.
Last edited by Templayer on 26 Sep 2019, 18:19, edited 1 time in total.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 26 Sep 2019, 18:22

gurthaur wrote:
You can edit skills at data/tables, I edited them to suit my liking. So if you want to play Dark Elf Druid with GM Axe, you can lol, I'll do something like that on my next run. If you think it makes game cheesy, increase bolster monster modifier.
And you can edit classes too. I am going to transmute existing classes to different ones with different skills upon my LP. Archer -> Templar, Druid -> Shaman, Thief -> Pirate, Sorcerer -> Spellsword, and I will rename the High Priest promotion to Priest of Twilight. :D

candida
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby candida » 26 Sep 2019, 19:12

Code: Select all

Reported by: candida » Sep 14 2019, 20:08
No “I’ve got it or I’ve disarmed it" sound when the chest is disarmed, reaction only if the chest explodes
Then why did you suggest removing that line? I accepted your suggestion, thinking you tested it and it was removed, same as the other suggestion that was made by you in similar fashion...
It was probably a mistake in Google Docs (document is too heavy and my computer is slow).

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 26 Sep 2019, 19:17

Templayer wrote:What about being able to find different eggs in various places? Red and green eggs in Jadame? Black and Gold in Antagarich? A literal Dragon Easter Egg Hunt? :D :D :D
Depends whenever you wish them to be like those dinky eggs from Antagarich or like the Dragon Leader's Egg from Jadame. :P I have them in my Dragon Caves parts.
Yes?

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 26 Sep 2019, 23:24

As for the dragon familiar quest, I suppose it's already complex enough. I still need to try out the black dragon in a playthrough. What I'd like to see more is a separate quest name for the light path with accompanying dialogue. When on the light path, the baby dragon shouldn't give the bonuses of a familiar (since Tor Anwyn in vanilla says that the spells and rituals don't work on light followers). I could write that dialogue if you'd like me to. Overall implementation I'd see like this: a light party clicks the Warlock conversation, Tor says his usual stuff about not being able to promote you, but then another dialogue appears that says "Dragon" and then Tor basically sends you on an unrelated quest to get yourself a dragon - which will not technically be a familiar, but framed more as a companion. You could still get the usual exp reward for completing the quest etc.

As for dialogue - think it would be OK to implement the cut dialogue of the advisors for when you choose the opposite path? In the final game you simply get empty hostels where the advisors should be, but in the game files there is actual dialogue for them, most of which is pretty cool.

As for the racial skills mod, I'm getting weird vibes about it. After everyone complained about how my proposed changes are too radical (and "mustn't" be in the base game), the ones being proposed now are just as much so if not more. Giving humans +1 to every single misc skill? That's an insane utility boost to certain human-based classes. Thieves would have GM merchant and id item in addition to their already existing GM Disarm, making them even more OP in terms of utility than they already are. Human sorcs? GM meditation, alchemy, learning, both ID skills: druids no longer necessary for anything. The list goes on and on. I really think this thing should be kept simple and subtle, with no more than 3 or 4 skills total tampered with per race.

LordInsane
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby LordInsane » 26 Sep 2019, 23:32

candida wrote:It was probably a mistake in Google Docs (document is too heavy and my computer is slow).
It may, honestly, be time to consider splitting the Tracker. 205 page, more than a few with images, is pretty heavy on Google Docs, and you are far from the only one for which it lags. That does raise the question of what division to make - I'd personally lean towards moving the Paint and Sound Trackers to their own document, Paint is one of the single largest categories as it is, with by its nature many images, and Sound is thematically tied.

gurthaur
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby gurthaur » 27 Sep 2019, 00:27

Templayer wrote:
gurthaur wrote:
And you can edit classes too. I am going to transmute existing classes to different ones with different skills upon my LP. Archer -> Templar, Druid -> Shaman, Thief -> Pirate, Sorcerer -> Spellsword, and I will rename the High Priest promotion to Priest of Twilight. :D
I think you should ask Jon Van Canaghem to check this out. I've never seen such passionate modding community, perhaps Kaiserreich for HoI4.

Kaikhorus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Kaikhorus » 27 Sep 2019, 01:55

Got another monster crash, Earth Elementals in the Plane of Earth. Using the new patch from yesterday. A little glad other people are getting these, thought it was my setup for a moment there. Now to hunt them all down >:)

Code: Select all

———————————————————————————————————
C:\M&M\Might and Magic 8\Scripts\General\ExtraEvents.lua:14: array index (-75180.893004115) out of bounds [0, 98]

stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'error'
	Scripts/Core/RSMem.lua:1342: in function '__index'
	C:\M&M\Might and Magic 8\Scripts\General\ExtraEvents.lua:14: in function 'GetMonster'
	C:\M&M\Might and Magic 8\Scripts\General\ExtraEvents.lua:420: in function 'f'
	Scripts/Core/RSMem.lua:1846: in function <Scripts/Core/RSMem.lua:1844>
	[C]: in function 'pcall'
	Scripts/Core/Common.lua:102: in function 'pcall2'
	Scripts/Core/RSMem.lua:1653: in function <Scripts/Core/RSMem.lua:1650>
	[C]: in function 'call'
	C:\M&M\Might and Magic 8\Scripts\Global\Editor Navigate.lua:209: in function <C:\M&M\Might and Magic 8\Scripts\Global\Editor Navigate.lua:184>
	[C]: in function 'pcall'
	Scripts/Core/Common.lua:102: in function 'pcall2'
	Scripts/Core/RSMem.lua:1653: in function <Scripts/Core/RSMem.lua:1650>

arguments of 'GetMonster':
	p = 4346940

local variables of 'GetMonster':
	i = -75180.893004115
	(*temporary) = (table: 0x154d2518)
	(*temporary) = (table: 0x20946e68)
	(*temporary) = 3.9272733987418e-282
-----------------------------------
> 
Xfing wrote:
Kaikhorus wrote:Am I wrong in thinking Dual Wielding is still bugged? On my first Troll I have GM Mace 22, M Sword 8 and M Armsmaster 24 (+17). The statistics page shows my unbuffed damage as 90-102, and when I take my sword out of the off hand the damage goes to 92-98. If I make Mace skill 23, my damage also stays 90-102 but goes to 93-99 without the sword. Feels like there is a conflict with the Mace skill adding damage and the offhand weapon, here is a save file of my characters with spare skill points to test around if it helps.
I made a thread about this a while ago. Not sure, but I think Grayface said it was intended and alright, but I might be mistaken, it was a while ago. I believe this is something to be fixed on base MM8 level as well. Here's the thread if you're interested:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/forum/10/14684
Thanks for the read, I agree with your findings. :) It sucks that it then becomes a choice between upping paralyze/stun chance in mace skill while crippling the sword or getting damage upping armsmaster.

I noticed the damage range issue with certain weapons (your staff example when I was experimenting with trolls) as well but hadn't yet tested it much. Very strange indeed.
Last edited by Kaikhorus on 27 Sep 2019, 01:56, edited 1 time in total.

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 27 Sep 2019, 06:07

Xfing wrote:As for the dragon familiar quest, I suppose it's already complex enough. I still need to try out the black dragon in a playthrough. What I'd like to see more is a separate quest name for the light path with accompanying dialogue. When on the light path, the baby dragon shouldn't give the bonuses of a familiar (since Tor Anwyn in vanilla says that the spells and rituals don't work on light followers). I could write that dialogue if you'd like me to. Overall implementation I'd see like this: a light party clicks the Warlock conversation, Tor says his usual stuff about not being able to promote you, but then another dialogue appears that says "Dragon" and then Tor basically sends you on an unrelated quest to get yourself a dragon - which will not technically be a familiar, but framed more as a companion. You could still get the usual exp reward for completing the quest etc.

As for dialogue - think it would be OK to implement the cut dialogue of the advisors for when you choose the opposite path? In the final game you simply get empty hostels where the advisors should be, but in the game files there is actual dialogue for them, most of which is pretty cool.
Why the Void not? :D I like that possibility as well as a mishmash of both ideas and Tor, from what I got from his dialogue, is one of the few Dark side people that won't get mad if you choose the Light side (the 2nd one being the Assassin promotion questgiver that still goes as far as to give your party tea that boosts their (I think) Personality stat, which is something I love from the vanilla MM7 all too much :D ), thus I can imagine that he'd be nice enough to offer you that misc. quest. I'd still like to see the Grand/Arch Druid promotion questgiver being involved in it (Dragon companion misc. quest) in some way. ^^;
Just gotta hold your horses once your/other people's side (aka the coding and dialogue bit) is complete so that it can be bundled together with Gold Dragon assets. ^^;
LordInsane wrote:It may, honestly, be time to consider splitting the Tracker. 205 page, more than a few with images, is pretty heavy on Google Docs, and you are far from the only one for which it lags. That does raise the question of what division to make - I'd personally lean towards moving the Paint and Sound Trackers to their own document, Paint is one of the single largest categories as it is, with by its nature many images, and Sound is thematically tied.
Touché. Needing to ask Templayer about it though.
Yes?

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 27 Sep 2019, 06:18

Speaking of Gold Dragons, people, which ones do you wish to see be turned into a playable character?

Heroes III (Antagarich) one
or

Might and Magic VI (Enrothian) one?
Yes?

Return to “Might and Magic”