Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Maslyonok
Pixie
Pixie

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 01.09.2019]

Unread postby Maslyonok » 08 Sep 2019, 20:38

Templayer wrote: @All
At 17.9. I'm having a surgery, so I might not be here for a while. Maybe. That will depend on the result. GrayFace has elevated privileges for the Tracker, just in case. :hug:
Good luck! :) ...may I ask what kind of operation it will be?
Rodril wrote: Russian localization by Maslyonok have been added to download link.
*taking off my hat* :tsup:

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 08 Sep 2019, 21:30

Maslyonok wrote:
Templayer wrote: @All
At 17.9. I'm having a surgery, so I might not be here for a while. Maybe. That will depend on the result. GrayFace has elevated privileges for the Tracker, just in case. :hug:
Good luck! :) ...may I ask what kind of operation it will be?
It's personal. Unlike many people on facebook nowadays, I do not frequently share personal information. I only told the forum that so in case me not being here for a few weeks they would be informed as to why. Unlike Rodril's sudden disappearance. :D

Also I have been asked to translate the Fourth Storyline into Czech by a guy through PM. He said he told Rodril that he should ask me, but no PM came from Rodril.
I'll do that eventually, unless I forgot - ETA is about a month, unless something bad happens. Also if I am going to have a name under that translation, I might as well do a correction on MM6-8's Czech. Last time I remember dealing with that, it has been so rough around the edges I decided to learn English instead. :D :D :D :D :D
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

Dedicated MMMerge Forum (Bug Tracker included): shorturl.at/lryAF

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 08.09.2019]

Unread postby Xfing » 08 Sep 2019, 22:45

SpectralDragon wrote: Speaking of Undeads, what's the status of customized voices for Liches and Zombies + Undeads (as I can imagine Undead subrace has the same voices Zombies have)? Since I can imagine that you can get those in the game together with the said modified character unlocker tables and both me and Jamesx did test their insertion into the game extensively, ha ha ha ha ha. ^^; Call me/us too careful on that one.

That's ok. As long as you're not swamped by new stuff both in here (forum posts and whatnot) and irl, as you deserve your rest. :) :tsup: You're a credit to all of us.
Yeah, that thing! There are custom voices for the mino lich and zombie I guess, so if the sprites have been added to the game, so should the voices. Guess I'll download the new patch and do some testing, also check out the belts. Are only the MM6 belts in for the moment? If so, please also remember that they have altered prices and item tiers suggested in the gear tiering part. For the MM7 belts - the Hero's Belt is currently using another graphic from the one in vanilla MM7 (guess that one was just a Gilded Belt). But frankly, I think it's cool that the belt has an unique look, since it does look pretty damn good. Is it restored cut content or something similar?

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 08 Sep 2019, 23:40

Xfing wrote:Yeah, that thing! There are custom voices for the mino lich and zombie I guess, so if the sprites have been added to the game, so should the voices. Guess I'll download the new patch and do some testing, also check out the belts. Are only the MM6 belts in for the moment? If so, please also remember that they have altered prices and item tiers suggested in the gear tiering part. For the MM7 belts - the Hero's Belt is currently using another graphic from the one in vanilla MM7 (guess that one was just a Gilded Belt). But frankly, I think it's cool that the belt has an unique look, since it does look pretty damn good. Is it restored cut content or something similar?
Please do and since Templayer did make custom voices for all possible Lich/Zombie combos, as shown in his video/s he posted on YouTube (Dracolich, Mino, Troll, Vampire, Zombie Lich; Ghost Dragon, Mino, Troll Zombie) that I remember posting into the Implementation Queue of the Tracker, I'd be totally happy to know if said voice combos also managed to come into the mod by now, most notably Dracoliches, Mino Liches, Ghost Dragons and Zombie Minos (he (Templayer) also redid regular Liches and Zombies, but he said said redone voices are optional, thus it's Rodril's choice if he'll add them in as an option).
When it comes to belts, ask DaveHer and Rodril about them, I don't know anything about them myself. ^^;
Last edited by SpectralDragon on 08 Sep 2019, 23:42, edited 1 time in total.
Yes?

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 09 Sep 2019, 06:58

NPC! :tongue:

Also, due to Jamesx´s Black Dragon port being incomplete (it´s missing its NPC icon) I´m getting the Source image assets for it here as well: https://sta.sh/028mcmbww6bb . Anyone that wishes to port it to their own mod is welcome! :tsup:
Yes?

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 09 Sep 2019, 13:28

I really like the HD interfaces, though the MM7 one cuts off a bit abruptly above the portraits, it doesn't look the best. I wonder if it would be much work to get it fixed?

Oh, and I think the bug persists where the Regnan Cutlass from MM6 (currently tier 3) is found in tier 1 caches and appears in the crap tier shops like Harmondale. There must be some misflagging on that item. I reported this some months ago but looks like it's still a thing.

@Rodril Since we've got all the rings, amulets, belts and gauntlets, it might be a good time to tier them and alter the names and descriptions where applicable. Or would you rather wait until the helmets, capes and boots are in too and do them all in one fell swoop?

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 09 Sep 2019, 17:03

SpectralDragon wrote:NPC! :tongue:

Also, due to Jamesx´s Black Dragon port being incomplete (it´s missing its NPC icon) I´m getting the Source image assets for it here as well: https://sta.sh/028mcmbww6bb . Anyone that wishes to port it to their own mod is welcome! :tsup:
Good job.

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 09 Sep 2019, 17:19

Templayer wrote:Good job.
Thanks, if you wish you can delete implemented stuff from the Queue. ;)
Last edited by SpectralDragon on 09 Sep 2019, 17:20, edited 1 time in total.
Yes?

Mirondor
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Mirondor » 09 Sep 2019, 17:31

My dragon doesn't shoot with fire in melee, as he used to in vanilla. Is it supposed to be like that?

Mirondor
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Mirondor » 09 Sep 2019, 17:32

...he hits with punch instead.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 09 Sep 2019, 17:37

SpectralDragon wrote:
Templayer wrote:Good job.
Thanks, if you wish you can delete implemented stuff from the Queue. ;)
If you have already tested it in-game, you can delete those. Also you have an important PM.
Keep the Black Dragon under it until the NPC image is added.
Also in the future it is important to check if the article in the queue is also somewhere else (which it should be for all the current stuff - characters and icon under the Paint Tracker, voices under the Audio tracker)

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 09 Sep 2019, 17:51

Templayer wrote:If you have already tested it in-game, you can delete those. Also you have an important PM.
Keep the Black Dragon under it until the NPC image is added.
Also in the future it is important to check if the article in the queue is also somewhere else (which it should be for all the current stuff - characters and icon under the Paint Tracker, voices under the Audio tracker)
Got it, Chief. ;) (salute) I'll probably still maintain just optional stuff though and as for playtesting, go ahead and tell us how stuff go, people. I'm busy with graphical assets after all. ^^;
Mirondor wrote:My dragon doesn't shoot with fire in melee, as he used to in vanilla. Is it supposed to be like that?
Mirondor wrote:...he hits with punch instead.
Wait, Dragons actually use melee in melee combat instead of just breathing fire? They only breathe fire when in ranged?

Because YES, the game is supposed to have Dragons breathe fire only when ranged. In melee, they're supposed to use melee attacks (claws, teeth) as determined by their Dragon Ability, but in vanilla that never came to fruition due to (methinks) time constraints, thus in vanilla Dragons use fire breath in both melee and ranged attack/s. If now they use melee when being in melee combat range in this mod ... :D :D :D
Yes?

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 09 Sep 2019, 22:36

Templayer wrote:
SpectralDragon wrote:
Xfing wrote:What's a bit more sad is that the discussion about the new belts has kinda died down. I as a player am looking anxiously forward to having all the repainted apparel first and foremost. What did that cut off at?
It probably died down because it wasn´t/isn´t in focus atm, as well, I´m kind of busy with the new character and whatnot. Such is the folly of working alone, I˙m afraid (when it comes to graphical assets, that is).
Well, DaveHer didn't give me the in-game pictures, so I only have old ones, and I was told my him to install his package and get them myself. I did say I would, but...
it is really hard to invest time to it for me, since from DaveHer's side, he/she can do it in less than five seconds - he already has those in-game on characters, so he just needs to printscreen, CTRL+V on imgur (which is a nifty feature for a webpage), share - that can be done in under five seconds. Whereas I have to put the package in my Merge, overwrite stuff, possibly break stuff, spawn them in-game and ... then possibly do that multiple times if there are more issues with the belts like those that I already reported from the old pictures I got (which DaveHer said he fixed... but there might be more that I haven't caught).

You will find this post on page 183
Yes they were corrected quit some time ago. They are in the files that I told you to put into your copy of the merge and check them out. If you approve I will make the images for the tracker. Also on page 181 there is a post with a link for the images of MM7 belts for the tracker.
David
I need for him to see the belts in the game because it makes a big difference when you see them there and it does not take that long to put three file into the merge and then I would make the images like the post on page 183 says! :disagree:

You will find this post on page180
Give a little more time. I am doing MM7 belts and all i need to do is to position a few belts and they will be done also. I will upload the files to the same link as above. They are the image files go into icon.lod and the "complex.item.pictures.txt' goes in tables folder and the rnditems.txt that goes into the EnglishT.lod file. Use the evt.GiveItem{330,0,1702}. Then just change the item number for the next four belt (1703, 1704, 1705, and 1706)This is for MM6. MM7 first belt evt.GiveItem{181,0,902} then (903, 904, 905, and 906). Also, there is a big difference when you see the belts in the game.
David

You will find this post on page181
@Templayer
Here is the link for the photos of the MM7 belts that's for the tracker: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1J5DhC ... _BQ5phJBtu
David

Jamesx
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Jamesx » 10 Sep 2019, 11:06

Templayer wrote: Where are you, you are our only hope! (mainly due to my laziness to be the guy porting stuff :D :D )
Laziness is very bad :tongue:
Well, here is a black dragon)))
DOWNLOAD
:tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 10 Sep 2019, 15:20

DaveHer wrote:Yes they were corrected quit some time ago. They are in the files that I told you to put into your copy of the merge and check them out. If you approve I will make the images for the tracker.
David
I read it loud and clear the first time you said that. But if I approve by testing it in-game MYSELF, THEN I NO LONGER REQUIRE YOU TO MAKE THE IMAGES FOR THE TRACKER. I can make those simply by printscreen in-game -> CTRL+V in GIMP -> Select a rectangle + CTRL+C and CTRL+V on the Tracker. Can be done in seconds. Makes no sense for you to make those after the belts are in my Merge Folder on my test characters...

But since they are now already in the Merge I presume, the points are moot.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 10 Sep 2019, 15:24

Jamesx wrote:
Templayer wrote: Where are you, you are our only hope! (mainly due to my laziness to be the guy porting stuff :D :D )
Laziness is very bad :tongue:
Well, here is a black dragon)))
DOWNLOAD
:tongue: :tongue: :tongue:
GLAD TO HAVE YOU BACK. For the sake of my own sanity, nonetheless. :D :D :D
SpectralDragon wrote: :hug:

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 10 Sep 2019, 16:48

Templayer wrote:GLAD TO HAVE YOU BACK. For the sake of my own sanity, nonetheless. :D :D :D
Found him as well, but sadly he wouldn't be able to be here as much as he used to due to being busy (at least for now), thus I still expect you to not be so lazy when it comes to porting stuff, 'lest you wish Rodril to do that himself (yaknow sloth is a deadly sin :tongue: :tongue: ) .. and I don't know how fine Rodril is working with RBG .png image assets that compromise the source of characters I work on. :devious:

This doesn't apply to you missing for several weeks after September 17th though, that I understand.
Last edited by SpectralDragon on 10 Sep 2019, 16:51, edited 2 times in total.
Yes?

alekssandros
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby alekssandros » 11 Sep 2019, 22:16

Templayer wrote:        :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down:
:right: :right: :right: I MADE A POLL FOR THE OPTIONAL NEW RACES VOTING! :left: :left: :left:
        :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

        :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down:
:right: :right: :right: https://forms.gle/ZcKr8zf9jgWUCZwM9 :left: :left: :left:
        :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

5 hours of setting this crud up. Enjoy. Please don't break it. :D

I already voted. Sign-in is needed to vote to avoid people spamming those. But hey, nobody said you should give google your true info. :D
Really? No nagas between 8 first chosen? How disapointing :(

By the way, I want play H3 again after seeing this xD

PS: After seeing following messages and the Rodril´s answers. I would say I don't want the nagas limited like dragons :( Maybe, some day it will be possible to see Naga in all its splendor.
Last edited by alekssandros on 11 Sep 2019, 22:30, edited 1 time in total.

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 12 Sep 2019, 10:38

alekssandros wrote:By the way, I want play H3 again after seeing this xD

PS: After seeing following messages and the Rodril´s answers. I would say I don't want the nagas limited like dragons :( Maybe, some day it will be possible to see Naga in all its splendor.
Not surprising, seeing how the last optional character (Black Dragon) was pulled right out of Heroes III, other 2 being Ghost ("Zombie") Dragon and Dracolich ("Bone Dragon"). :D It´s the only other source of Enroth (as a planet) lore after all that is as close to MM 6-7-8 lore as possible (aside Heroes II that is hinted of being a direct prequel to MM6, but that one is in a completely different league of its own. ^^; :D ) and even then Jadame is one huge blank when it comes to its lore, so quite a playpen for us (also the reason why Dracoliches can even exist, since well, they˙re "Undead Dragons" as told by Leanne and Blazen Stormlance just as well), ha ha ha ha ha!
One day.
Last edited by SpectralDragon on 12 Sep 2019, 10:40, edited 1 time in total.
Yes?

equs
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby equs » 12 Sep 2019, 10:46

Templayer wrote:        :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down:
:right: :right: :right: I MADE A POLL FOR THE OPTIONAL NEW RACES VOTING! :left: :left: :left:
        :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

        :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down:
:right: :right: :right: https://forms.gle/ZcKr8zf9jgWUCZwM9 :left: :left: :left:
        :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

5 hours of setting this crud up. Enjoy. Please don't break it. :D

I already voted. Sign-in is needed to vote to avoid people spamming those. But hey, nobody said you should give google your true info. :D
Very nice Mate, thank you for that :tsup:

I voted for dendroids, because I loved them in Heroes 3 and they would be awesome as characters in the Merge. Maybe something like Spriggans in Skyrim to make it better fit into the game for Armors. They couldn't wear Gloves, Helmets, or Boots, but everything else. And they could be recrutet like Caury (the dark-elf shooter) from a special tree on any continent. Something like the picture from the following link

https://www.deviantart.com/embbu-chan/a ... -356011414
Last edited by equs on 12 Sep 2019, 10:55, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Might and Magic”