Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 01.09.2019]

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 08 Sep 2019, 09:50

Now THAT is a crazy Troll ... face. O_O
Yes?

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 08 Sep 2019, 09:56

SpectralDragon wrote: Until anything is done, my statement is NO to ALL other races with movable arms! :tsdown:
As I have previously stated, I can convert the Bovine character into a Lizard character with the equipment still being compatible. Movable arms and all.
Yet you still keep finding insurmountable problems that I keep finding easy solutions for.
But I agree, enough bickering.
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

Dedicated MMMerge Forum (Bug Tracker included): shorturl.at/lryAF

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 08 Sep 2019, 10:12

What's a bit more sad is that the discussion about the new belts has kinda died down. I as a player am looking anxiously forward to having all the repainted apparel first and foremost. What did that cut off at?

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 08 Sep 2019, 10:48

Xfing wrote:What's a bit more sad is that the discussion about the new belts has kinda died down. I as a player am looking anxiously forward to having all the repainted apparel first and foremost. What did that cut off at?
It probably died down because it wasn´t/isn´t in focus atm, as well, I´m kind of busy with the new character and whatnot. Such is the folly of working alone, I˙m afraid (when it comes to graphical assets, that is).
Yes?

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 08 Sep 2019, 11:39

Templayer wrote:But I agree, enough bickering.
So until then why shouldn't we have a little more relevant poll instead of the one you're currently having? One good one I have is "Which Dragon should come next as an optional addition to the roost", with choices being Green and Azure (Gold one will be next just so that the equation of "2 other races" remains even among optional characters, as for now Black one is the only one in the roost - and once Troll Zombie is done, I'll add its NPC icon into the assets map of it as well - and I didn't add Faerie or Vampire Dragons because 1, these are more advanced ones to make and 2, there is still a dispute over which version should come next. And I don't have time for stuff like this).
Last edited by SpectralDragon on 09 Sep 2019, 22:22, edited 1 time in total.
Yes?

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 08 Sep 2019, 14:48

SpectralDragon wrote:
Xfing wrote:What's a bit more sad is that the discussion about the new belts has kinda died down. I as a player am looking anxiously forward to having all the repainted apparel first and foremost. What did that cut off at?
It probably died down because it wasn´t/isn´t in focus atm, as well, I´m kind of busy with the new character and whatnot. Such is the folly of working alone, I˙m afraid (when it comes to graphical assets, that is).
Well, DaveHer didn't give me the in-game pictures, so I only have old ones, and I was told my him to install his package and get them myself. I did say I would, but...
it is really hard to invest time to it for me, since from DaveHer's side, he/she can do it in less than five seconds - he already has those in-game on characters, so he just needs to printscreen, CTRL+V on imgur (which is a nifty feature for a webpage), share - that can be done in under five seconds. Whereas I have to put the package in my Merge, overwrite stuff, possibly break stuff, spawn them in-game and ... then possibly do that multiple times if there are more issues with the belts like those that I already reported from the old pictures I got (which DaveHer said he fixed... but there might be more that I haven't caught).
SpectralDragon wrote:
Templayer wrote:But I agree, enough bickering.
So until then why shouldn't we have a little more relevant poll instead of the one you're currently having? One good one I have is "Which Dragon should come next as an optional addition to the roost", with choices being Green, Azure and Red (Gold one will be next just so that the equation of "2 other races" remains even among optional characters, as for now Black one is the only one in the roost - and once Troll Zombie is done, I'll add its NPC icon into the assets map of it as well - and I didn't add Faerie or Vampire Dragons because 1, these are more advanced ones to make and 2, there is still a dispute over which version should come next. And I don't have time for stuff like this).
That is already in the poll. Just grab the dragon with the most things. The poll doesn't end and doesn't have a winner. It is just a statistic of what people want the most.

@All
At 17.9. I'm having a surgery, so I might not be here for a while. Maybe. That will depend on the result. GrayFace has elevated privileges for the Tracker, just in case. :hug:

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 08 Sep 2019, 15:14

Rodril is on another bug squashing spree! Fixed bugs were removed from the Bug Tracker: :bugsquash:

Code: Select all

Reported by: Andrey » Aug 21 2019, 21:24

Most likely intentional: lich party member cannot be reanimated by reanimate spell. Confirmed intentional?
UPD: Cannot revive lich in the temple in the pit. I guess, related thing and a definite bug.
Rodril: fixed 08.09.2019. Revived undead characters do not become zombie. Reanimate works like revive for them.

Cannot promote any necromancer to lich after the first. Lathean just says “not enough jars” no matter how many you have and how are they distributed. That might belong to worst bugs, if reproducible consistently.
Save: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DgrQmCEB9j5exaocfiV7vymPsUqKNG_i/view?usp=sharing
Rodril: fixed 08.09.2019. 

After walking from Barrow Downs to Bracada, you end up in the desert at the very west, rather than on the road in the very east.
Rodril: fixed 08.09.2019

MM7, Emerald Island, Temple of the Moon. Sal Sharktooth is not getting hostile if you reject to give him the hat. His henchmen do, and he gets hostile only once you retaliate against his guys. Bug from original MM7 AFAIR.
Rodril: fixed 08.09.2019

Removed from the Bug Tracker due to being explained:

Code: Select all

Reported by: Andrey » Aug 21 2019, 21:24

If you skip the final movie (e.g. by Esc), then you will remain in the castle, not get teleported to Harmondale. Or is it now always in the merge? Sorry, have no save to check.
Rodril: this is intentional.

“Letter for you” appeared in a (normally) heavily trapped chest (in the Bandit Caves with Davrik’s Ring) in and made the chest untrapped. Intentional? 
Rodril: yes, happens once for first chest you open after getting 10k experience.

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Rodril » 08 Sep 2019, 16:27

Don't remove my marks untill i've loaded update, please. I need them to orient in tracker.

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 08 Sep 2019, 16:34

Templayer wrote:@All
At 17.9. I'm having a surgery, so I might not be here for a while. Maybe. That will depend on the result. GrayFace has elevated privileges for the Tracker, just in case. :hug:
Good Luck and hopefully we'll still see you after the recovery. I'll try rush the Troll Zombie just in case, since well, I don't know if Rodril can port "source" files (aka RGB .png image assets that I generally get out to people like you and Jamesx in order to make them game-portable in the 1st place ^^; ) themselves into the game.

Speaking of GrayFace, yep, still supporting proper Dragon melee combat. :D :D :D
Yes?

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 08 Sep 2019, 16:36

Rodril wrote:Don't remove my marks untill i've loaded update, please. I need them to orient in tracker.
Understandable. Speaking of orientation, did you see my reply on the entire Zombie condition/no-condition on the previous page? Just so I can be sure we're on the same page. ^^;
Last edited by SpectralDragon on 08 Sep 2019, 16:37, edited 1 time in total.
Yes?

justl
Demon
Demon

Unread postby justl » 08 Sep 2019, 17:05

SpectralDragon wrote:
im trying to procure a program for editing like dave showed me - will take a bit of time since im very busy atm real life
V2: Compendium of mm6-8 Secrets + Details about the base merge and DaveHer's redone merge (its in english!)
https://www.mightandmagicworld.de/fileb ... index.html

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 08 Sep 2019, 17:37

Rodril wrote:Don't remove my marks untill i've loaded update, please. I need them to orient in tracker.
Crud.
SpectralDragon wrote:
Templayer wrote:@All
Good Luck and hopefully we'll still see you after the recovery. I'll try rush the Troll Zombie just in case, since well, I don't know if Rodril can port "source" files (aka RGB .png image assets that I generally get out to people like you and Jamesx in order to make them game-portable in the 1st place ^^; ) themselves into the game.

Speaking of GrayFace, yep, still supporting proper Dragon melee combat. :D :D :D
Don't rush it. Even if Rodril can't do that (which would be hard to believe), GrayFace can.

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 08.09.2019]

Unread postby DaveHer » 08 Sep 2019, 17:38

@Rodril/GrayFace
Is it possible to do transparent monster sprites for MM678?

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Rodril » 08 Sep 2019, 17:39

Game files link have been updated.
I have not managed to finish Czesh localization - will try to do it tommorow.
Russian localization by Maslyonok have been added to download link.
I've fixed problem with "Question" function, though it is temporary fix, i think problem have been caused by latest MMPatch, but i have not got response from Grayface yet.
Minotaur zombie and lich paperdolls by SpectralDragon have been added in game, they are awesome, thank you.
Speaking about belts, they are in game too now.
Other fixed bugs are listed in Templayer's message above.
I still have not found reason of reagents spawn. I'm not going to remove this or make it optional, but i'm out of curiosity why that happens.
A bit latter i'll upload modified character unlocker tables, with which you can start as zombie being able to be healed. There will be special portraits with zombie outfit, but belonging to undead subrace (6) instead of zombie (10).
I won't do weekly updates unless there are game breaking bugs, it would be rather monthly than weekly.
Thank you for reporting.
SpectralDragon wrote:
Understandable. Speaking of orientation, did you see my reply on the entire Zombie condition/no-condition on the previous page? Just so I can be sure we're on the same page. ^^;
Yes.
Templayer wrote: @All
Keep healthy!
SpectralDragon wrote:Now THAT is a crazy Troll ... face. O_O
Ha ha ha. It is so good. I think this forum could use custom emoji set made of this pictures. :)

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Rodril » 08 Sep 2019, 17:43

DaveHer wrote:@Rodril/GrayFace
If you mean something half-transparsnt - no, game engine is old and does not support alpha channel. But you can try to make it look like transparent by making half of pixels completely transparent (check cactus attack animation for example).

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 08 Sep 2019, 17:50

justl wrote:
SpectralDragon wrote:
im trying to procure a program for editing like dave showed me - will take a bit of time since im very busy atm real life
Gimp is free and there are tutorials onyou tube on how to do masks, transparent items, and many other things. Just type in google search what ever you need to know. :) More or less apply what I taught you. I do not know if Gimp can apply palettes like Corel draw can. But ask that question at google search. (How to apply palettes with Gimp). :-D
David Hernande

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 08 Sep 2019, 17:53

justl wrote:I'm trying to procure a program for editing like dave showed me - will take a bit of time since im very busy atm real life
Awesome! (high-five) Let us know once you're done with it and good luck with both it and rl!
Rodril wrote: Ha ha ha. It is so good. I think this forum could use custom emoji set made of this pictures. :)
LMAO definitely and I'd be all honored if they manage to get in, even if in emoji form. That's how Troll Zombie will look like and I'm honored to work it for your mod. (salute)
Last edited by SpectralDragon on 08 Sep 2019, 18:32, edited 3 times in total.
Yes?

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 08 Sep 2019, 18:10

Rodril wrote:
DaveHer wrote:@Rodril/GrayFace
If you mean something half-transparsnt - no, game engine is old and does not support alpha channel. But you can try to make it look like transparent by making half of pixels completely transparent (check cactus attack animation for example).
Thanks for the info about the monster sound tracks. I was able to put the ghost dragons into CCR. But they came out looking exactly like the bone dragons and not transparent. I have never done "half of pixels completely transparent". I am sure you do not do one pixel at a time. :) I use corel draw photo paint for all bitmap editing.
David
Last edited by DaveHer on 08 Sep 2019, 19:27, edited 1 time in total.

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 08 Sep 2019, 19:29

@Rodril Or GrayFace
Is there a limit as to how many different type of monsters that MM6 can handle?
David

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 08 Sep 2019, 19:52

Rodril wrote:Minotaur zombie and lich paperdolls by SpectralDragon have been added in game, they are awesome, thank you.
Speaking about belts, they are in game too now.
Other fixed bugs are listed in Templayer's message above.

A bit latter i'll upload modified character unlocker tables, with which you can start as zombie being able to be healed. There will be special portraits with zombie outfit, but belonging to undead subrace (6) instead of zombie (10).

I won't do weekly updates unless there are game breaking bugs, it would be rather monthly than weekly.
No worries, it was a joy working on them, albeit a bit tedious with Liches, but was still sheer joy. Thank you for getting them in there as well and no problems with the Black Dragon assets, once Troll Zombie is done, I'll add the missing "npc" image of it in them as well, even if it's not been converted to the game format (Indexed .bmp). Is that alright to you?

Speaking of Undeads, what's the status of customized voices for Liches and Zombies + Undeads (as I can imagine Undead subrace has the same voices Zombies have)? Since I can imagine that you can get those in the game together with the said modified character unlocker tables and both me and Jamesx did test their insertion into the game extensively, ha ha ha ha ha. ^^; Call me/us too careful on that one.

That's ok. As long as you're not swamped by new stuff both in here (forum posts and whatnot) and irl, as you deserve your rest. :) :tsup: You're a credit to all of us.
Last edited by SpectralDragon on 08 Sep 2019, 19:54, edited 1 time in total.
Yes?

Return to “Might and Magic”