Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 01.09.2019]

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 05 Sep 2019, 06:06

Well, it´s a start. :D

Speaking of new paperdolls/characters, Rodril, what´s the status of ones that were already made? Just a precaution in case I˙ll start flooding you, even if this one is supposed to be the very last "mandatory hole-filler" character for this mod.
Rodril wrote: :gong:
Before I forget, yes, this is how he looks like without the game background. Funky as DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ...
Last edited by SpectralDragon on 05 Sep 2019, 06:07, edited 1 time in total.
Yes?

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 05 Sep 2019, 06:07

justl wrote:Well ... you people are a bunch of types...
the game gives you something for free(!) and you are complaining about it
yeah, maybe its vanilla buggy but dont code the old charme out of the merge cause you just dont like it
I agree that this feature does more good than harm - I'd actually be for increasing the randomization if the items it grants rather than coding it out.

Kaikhorus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Kaikhorus » 05 Sep 2019, 10:02

SpectralDragon wrote:*troll zombie*
Trolls have become my favourite melee character, so I appreciate you working on this. :)

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 05 Sep 2019, 10:17

Xfing wrote:
yeah, maybe its vanilla buggy but dont code the old charme out of the merge cause you just dont like it
I agree that this feature does more good than harm - I'd actually be for increasing the randomization if the items it grants rather than coding it out.
Completely with both of you 2. Sure, it might be pseudorandom as it is for now instead of "per map respawn" like it is in vanilla games(when it comes to the drop rate), but heck, I wouldn't deny the niceness of getting extra stuff for cash/potions off the ground at all. What saddens me even more about this is that this sort of altitude is reflected to optional characters for this mod too (uncommon Liches like Troll Liches and whatnot, more Dragons like Azure for instance and more Vampires), thus I'm so reluctant in doing more of them, since after Troll Zombie is done ... well, what is then left for me to do for this mod aside more NPC images for guards of MM7? :'(
Kaikhorus wrote: Trolls have become my favourite melee character, so I appreciate you working on this. :)
Thanks, I'll do my best to make him look as nasty as any Zombie can be. :D :D
Yes?

Mirondor
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Mirondor » 05 Sep 2019, 13:54

Where can we read a patchlog if it does exist at all?
For exaplme what changes have been made with last patch?...

Mirondor
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Mirondor » 05 Sep 2019, 13:55

...and by the way, the black dragon i seen on tracker is VERY COOL! :)

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 05 Sep 2019, 15:46

Who said anything about removing it all together? GrayFace has a rather large config file for the Extension. Just fix it by default and have an option to switch to the old buggy one. This way people that want immersion that isn't broken by seeing a fountain of items burst into existence and fall from the sky as rain will have it fixed in some manner, while people that want the old feel can turn the fix off. Everyone's happy. As long as people read the Tracker first and set their games up first before playing. :D :D
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

Dedicated MMMerge Forum (Bug Tracker included): shorturl.at/lryAF

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 05 Sep 2019, 15:50

Mirondor wrote:Where can we read a patchlog if it does exist at all?
For exaplme what changes have been made with last patch?...
Rodril did have some changelog in the merge package last time I checked, even though it wasn't very detailed last time I checked.
Also please check the Merge Tracker in my signature! 150+ pages of info goodness!

Basically if a bug you encountered is on the tracker - then it hasn't been fixed yet. Bugs are deleted from it when they are fixed (and a report of fixed bugs is made on the thread).

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 05 Sep 2019, 15:56

SpectralDragon wrote: Speaking of new paperdolls/characters, Rodril, what´s the status of ones that were already made? Just a precaution in case I˙ll start flooding you, even if this one is supposed to be the very last "mandatory hole-filler" character for this mod.
Rodril wrote: :gong:
Why flood him? Just silently do more stuff and put it into the Implementation Queue (and into the thread as well, just don't notify him of it). And he will implement stuff at his own pace, when he has the time for it.

Also maybe it is better to implement more characters at once, instead of one by one, since the steps are going to be more or less identical for each, so doing a batch of characters might be in fact faster than implementing them one at a time.

AND I WANT MY LIZARDMAN RACE, GODDAMIT!! :D :D :D :D :rofl:

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 05 Sep 2019, 17:33

Mirondor wrote:...and by the way, the black dragon i seen on tracker is VERY COOL! :)
Thanks! Shame he's missing a NPC image in that link though, thus it's kind of incomplete. ^^;
Templayer wrote:Why flood him? Just silently do more stuff and put it into the Implementation Queue (and into the thread as well, just don't notify him of it). And he will implement stuff at his own pace, when he has the time for it.

Also maybe it is better to implement more characters at once, instead of one by one, since the steps are going to be more or less identical for each, so doing a batch of characters might be in fact faster than implementing them one at a time.

And sacrifice any potential research for buggy character implementation like the missing NPC image for the Black Dragon? :devious: :devious: Thanks, but I'd rather do that one by one, at least when it comes to my input. Doing a batch file of multiple characters on my side will not only take more time, but also allow bugs and incomplete stuff to easily slip through, so yeah ... and I'm doing quality over quantity because this mod deserves the best it can get! :devious: Besides, I need to know in order to change the pace accordingly because I don't wish to burden the guy at all.

You might want Lizardmen, but do other people wish it as well? That's why I'll only do Troll Zombie for this mod, since it's the last mandatory "hole-filler" it needs. Other, optional, characters will be linked to you directly in emails if I ever get to work on them in the 1st place in order to make individual mods out of them.
Last edited by SpectralDragon on 05 Sep 2019, 17:41, edited 3 times in total.
Yes?

Dess
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Dess » 05 Sep 2019, 17:46

Honestly I couldnt care less about new races or classes being introduced, it all kinda reeks of fan-fiction to me.

Then again as long as it doesnt mess up the existing classes and races, I could just avoid them. Im sure other people find them exciting judging from the 40+ pages of dragon-worship a while back.

What I would like to see is expanded maps, more quests and balance changes to scaling monsters.

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 05 Sep 2019, 18:10

Dess wrote:Honestly I couldnt care less about new races or classes being introduced, it all kinda reeks of fan-fiction to me.

Then again as long as it doesnt mess up the existing classes and races, I could just avoid them. Im sure other people find them exciting judging from the 40+ pages of dragon-worship a while back.

What I would like to see is expanded maps, more quests and balance changes to scaling monsters.
It was actually quite a lot of arguing and even a poll there on which dragons should come in as well (most of them wished Azure/blue one to come together with the black one) and those dragons would be based off dragon enemies you see in the games themselves, thus they'd mostly be considered "extra options" for gamers that didn't/don't like the limited selection of either brown or red dragon. As for others, zombified characters are kind of a must due to Merge introducing the zombification mechanic back and others, yeah, "more options" again, thus I said that if there would be more different characters I'll not link them here and instead give them to others that would gladly use them in their own mods. ^^;

As for your wishes, I think you would then love David's Chaos Conspiracy mod. :D
Yes?

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 05 Sep 2019, 18:19

SpectralDragon wrote:
Mirondor wrote:...and by the way, the black dragon i seen on tracker is VERY COOL! :)
Thanks! Shame he's missing a NPC image in that link though, thus it's kind of incomplete. ^^;
Templayer wrote:Why flood him? Just silently do more stuff and put it into the Implementation Queue (and into the thread as well, just don't notify him of it). And he will implement stuff at his own pace, when he has the time for it.

And sacrifice any potential research for buggy character implementation like the missing NPC image for the Black Dragon? :devious: :devious: Thanks, but I'd rather do that one by one, at least when it comes to my input. Doing a batch file of multiple characters on my side will not only take more time, but also allow bugs and incomplete stuff to easily slip through, so yeah ... and I'm doing quality over quantity because this mod deserves the best it can get! :devious: Besides, I need to know in order to change the pace accordingly because I don't wish to burden the guy at all.

You might want Lizardmen, but do other people wish it as well? That's why I'll only do Troll Zombie for this mod, since it's the last mandatory "hole-filler" it needs. Other, optional, characters will be linked to you directly in emails if I ever get to work on them in the 1st place in order to make individual mods out of them.
I meant on Rodril's side, not yours. You pretty much have to do them one by one.
Dess wrote:Honestly I couldnt care less about new races or classes being introduced, it all kinda reeks of fan-fiction to me.

Expanded maps? More quests? Sounds like fanfiction to me! *just joking*

Even though black dragons are hardly fanfiction. You even get one as an NPC for a Warlock quest in MM7! The main difference will be that this time you will actually be able to SEE it. To put into a fanfiction perspective - it is like if two characters were already scre-wing up, but you didn't see it, only heard it, as there was a black screen censoring it... and someone went and made the visual part! :D :D

The additional content we provide is purely optional. Except for example if you get your minotaur raised in Deyja, and don't know about the zombie easter egg of MM7. Then it is not as much optional as hole-filling, to paraphrase SpectralDragon. Another content that is practically non-optional is promoting a Dwarf to a Lich class (which you can do in vanilla... resulting in him gaining quite a lot of height). Minotaur zombies haven't been implemented yet I think (but they are done, portrait animations, voices,...), but Dwarven Liches were implemented. :)

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 05 Sep 2019, 21:12

SpectralDragon wrote: You might want Lizardmen, but do other people wish it as well? That's why I'll only do Troll Zombie for this mod, since it's the last mandatory "hole-filler" it needs. Other, optional, characters will be linked to you directly in emails if I ever get to work on them in the 1st place in order to make individual mods out of them.
You could always make a pool. But make it a big one. :P

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 06 Sep 2019, 03:46

Templayer wrote:The additional content we provide is purely optional. Except for example if you get your minotaur raised in Deyja, and don't know about the zombie easter egg of MM7. Then it is not as much optional as hole-filling, to paraphrase SpectralDragon. Another content that is practically non-optional is promoting a Dwarf to a Lich class (which you can do in vanilla... resulting in him gaining quite a lot of height). Minotaur zombies haven't been implemented yet I think (but they are done, portrait animations, voices,...), but Dwarven Liches were implemented. :)
Speaking of Dwarves, yes, their Zombie versions are missing too, but if Jamesx doesn't show up/wish to to work on them, then I'll be forced to improvise and with "improvise" I mean turning their Lichy versions into part-skeletal Zombie versions that would use regular Zombie heads, no matter how much would I hate play-testing that for any bugs. ^^; As unlike Jamesx I have no sodding idea how to properly scale paperdolls, only how to edit them on color and other balance levels as seen with other Zombies and Liches I already did. ^^;

Also LOL me being a Demon and you being a Succubus. Reversed genders much?
Last edited by SpectralDragon on 06 Sep 2019, 03:47, edited 1 time in total.
Yes?

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 06 Sep 2019, 05:25

SpectralDragon wrote: Completely with both of you 2. Sure, it might be pseudorandom as it is for now instead of "per map respawn" like it is in vanilla games(when it comes to the drop rate), but heck, I wouldn't deny the niceness of getting extra stuff for cash/potions off the ground at all. What saddens me even more about this is that this sort of altitude is reflected to optional characters for this mod too (uncommon Liches like Troll Liches and whatnot, more Dragons like Azure for instance and more Vampires), thus I'm so reluctant in doing more of them, since after Troll Zombie is done ... well, what is then left for me to do for this mod aside more NPC images for guards of MM7? :'(
That troll zombie portrait looks amazing! Lovin'it. I'd really like to see even more from you, personally.

BTW, as for guard portraits - you will notice that in MM8 (when they were added as a regular thing), the portraits don't really reflect the characters they are supposed to portray 1:1. Sometimes there are rather serious discrepancies in fact. But the point is - I believe there are tons of unused portraits in the game files - and keep in mind that we have 3 games' worth of data to draw from. I'm quite confident it should be possibe to find suitable portraits for all guards in the game in the existing portraits. It's just a matter of taking the time to dig around. So yeah, less work for you here I suppose

BTW, I'd like to officially suggest unlocking minotaur sorcerers for the base game. Those are quite lore-friendly, and now that we have the lich assets there are no technical limiations to doing so.
Last edited by Xfing on 06 Sep 2019, 05:26, edited 1 time in total.

Daedros
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Daedros » 06 Sep 2019, 06:29

I wasn't arguing for or against removing the bug. Was just stating what triggers it, and how long it's been around.

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 06 Sep 2019, 14:36

Xfing wrote:That troll zombie portrait looks amazing! Lovin'it. I'd really like to see even more from you, personally.

BTW, as for guard portraits - you will notice that in MM8 (when they were added as a regular thing), the portraits don't really reflect the characters they are supposed to portray 1:1. Sometimes there are rather serious discrepancies in fact. But the point is - I believe there are tons of unused portraits in the game files - and keep in mind that we have 3 games' worth of data to draw from. I'm quite confident it should be possibe to find suitable portraits for all guards in the game in the existing portraits. It's just a matter of taking the time to dig around. So yeah, less work for you here I suppose

BTW, I'd like to officially suggest unlocking minotaur sorcerers for the base game. Those are quite lore-friendly, and now that we have the lich assets there are no technical limiations to doing so.
Thank you. Shame that after I'm done with that, I'll then only show tidbits of others that could've been added in, but being decided to not be included at all due to backlash, thus forcing me to get these into their own individual mods, even if I know jack squat how to work mods. :( Except maybe Dwarf Zombies, but that's Jamesx's territory anyways, even if he's gone.

I actually know that and honestly, every portrait I saw being depicted was used in the game one way or another except a series of creature portraits, thus yeah ... and like I said to Templayer once, I don't wish to steal arts for them. ^^;
Yes?

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 06 Sep 2019, 17:24

SpectralDragon wrote: Also LOL me being a Demon and you being a Succubus. Reversed genders much?
It doesn't matter. We can still fuck. :D :proud: :beg:
SpectralDragon wrote: Thank you. Shame that after I'm done with that, I'll then only show tidbits of others that could've been added in, but being decided to not be included at all due to backlash, thus forcing me to get these into their own individual mods, even if I know jack squat how to work mods. :( Except maybe Dwarf Zombies, but that's Jamesx's territory anyways, even if he's gone.

I actually know that and honestly, every portrait I saw being depicted was used in the game one way or another except a series of creature portraits, thus yeah ... and like I said to Templayer once, I don't wish to steal arts for them. ^^;
Just do what you wish to do. Then we will add it to the Merge as optional content. Simple as that.

Actually we can make that poll on my youtube channel - I think I can make a permanent pool there (well, my channel was created in 2007 (even though some parts of youtube think it has been started in 2009 due to historical data conversion) so let's hope it will last). So that each time you are finished with a character, you can take a look there what the community wishes for the most. :jester:

EDIT: Youtube's polling is cra-p. Only max 6 choices? WTF?
Last edited by Templayer on 06 Sep 2019, 21:29, edited 2 times in total.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 06 Sep 2019, 21:28

        :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down:
:right: :right: :right: I MADE A POLL FOR THE OPTIONAL NEW RACES VOTING! :left: :left: :left:
        :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

        :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down:
:right: :right: :right: https://forms.gle/ZcKr8zf9jgWUCZwM9 :left: :left: :left:
        :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

5 hours of setting this crud up. Enjoy. Please don't break it. :D

I already voted. Sign-in is needed to vote to avoid people spamming those. But hey, nobody said you should give google your true info. :D

Return to “Might and Magic”