Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 01.09.2019]

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 02 Sep 2019, 05:14

andrey wrote:@Rodril:

Code: Select all

Reported by: Andrey » Aug 21 2019, 21:24
Sometimes region gets peppered with alchemy and cheap ore upon entering. Bracada, Murmurwoods and Garrote Gorge are particularly susceptible. Bug back from MM7-8, I remember those strange things.
Rodril: this is not bug. Spawn of these items coded in orginal ingame scripts.
Could you please elaborate a bit? So there is some intentional semi-random event where a lot of random cheap stuff is generated in already explored region? What does it depend on?
Yes, from what I know, since this thing most often happens in MM7 (mainly Tularean Forest, Bracada and Land of the Giants), MM8 kind of kept it for forested areas like Alvar, Ravenshore (Wolf's Eyes and flowers) and Murmurwoods ... and they're supposed to be generated each time the area respawns, be it explored or unexplored (them respawning every time you visit the map sounds suspicions, like the script is being in overdrive). Speaking of said random item generation, I still remember a weird glitch that happened to me in MM7 (retail version) where higher one of your characters would have Stealing skill, more valuable items would show up just lying on the ground. That moment of hilarity when I managed to find both top tier platemail AND close to 1500 gold on Erathia's floor just lying there without any care in the world! :D :D :D As for MM6, it's much rarer, but yeah, it can happen as well, mainly in New Sorpigal with its "flower/root" reagents.
andrey wrote:Well, for me it was more like an attempt to drink from a fountain, rather than an attempt to cross time. But if you choose to keep it, I'm fine with that.
Did you try to drink from New Sorpigal's Magic Well though? That one is a pathway to other worlds when drunk dry. ;)
Last edited by SpectralDragon on 02 Sep 2019, 05:17, edited 2 times in total.
Yes?

andrey
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby andrey » 02 Sep 2019, 07:38

SpectralDragon wrote:Yes, from what I know, since this thing most often happens in MM7 (mainly Tularean Forest, Bracada and Land of the Giants), MM8 kind of kept it for forested areas like Alvar, Ravenshore (Wolf's Eyes and flowers) and Murmurwoods ... and they're supposed to be generated each time the area respawns, be it explored or unexplored (them respawning every time you visit the map sounds suspicions, like the script is being in overdrive).
Well, this ingredient rain is a rare event. So far saw only once in the merge, though back in MM7-8 I saw it too from time to time. I am not speaking about 2-year area respawns and I am not speaking about stuff lying on the ground :-)

For example:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1t0mJy8 ... x5Myz/view

It was not the first visit to the area and not the map respawn time. That stuff just appeared on my arrival right in the village.
SpectralDragon wrote: Did you try to drink from New Sorpigal's Magic Well though? That one is a pathway to other worlds when drunk dry. ;)
Yes, I know :-) Thing is, I did not intend to contact Verdant or go to another continent just yet, and Verdant told she will be waiting in Dragonsand. At first I thought I just waited too long.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 02 Sep 2019, 09:55

SpectralDragon wrote:
Templayer wrote:Reported by: Andrey » Aug 21 2019, 21:24
Emerald Island guards do not have any face pictures.
Rodril: Unfortunate, MM7 was not supposed to have face pictures of "monsters", there is no good portrait for guards in game resources, so the will stay faceless for now.

Seems like a job for GDSpectra
Oh, you mean making NPC images for Adventurer monsters from Emerald Island? That's not a problem for me as long as someone can effortlessly port the complete version/s (if you wish them to be just one) of these into the game. Black Dragon (character) NPC image wasn't ported in the game by Jamesx after all. ^^;

As for the Blood Dragon, thanks for the images, but I ain't taking what someone else did without asking the creator/s of said images first. I'm NOT compromising this mod by being an art thief. :tsdown:

As for other paperdoll/BG that I'll do, once Rodril decides what to do with ones that are already listed (them being either in the game or not), then I'll continue. I don't wish to clutter/swarm the guy with finished assets. ^^;
No, basically all the guards in MM7 are missing NPC pictures.
Jamesx wrote:
Where are you, you are our only hope! (mainly due to my laziness to be the guy porting stuff :D :D )
andrey wrote: Are you sure that the manual input bug has been fixed? I just installed 1/09 update, and see the same problem in naming the dragon and in choosing light/dark as before.

Or is it because I installed 01/09 on top of previous merge rather than on top of clean GOG installation?
It hasn't been fixed everywhere, just in the Breach for now.
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

Dedicated MMMerge Forum (Bug Tracker included): shorturl.at/lryAF

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 02 Sep 2019, 12:18

andrey wrote:Well, this ingredient rain is a rare event. So far saw only once in the merge, though back in MM7-8 I saw it too from time to time. I am not speaking about 2-year area respawns and I am not speaking about stuff lying on the ground :-)

It was not the first visit to the area and not the map respawn time. That stuff just appeared on my arrival right in the village.

Yes, I know :-) Thing is, I did not intend to contact Verdant or go to another continent just yet, and Verdant told she will be waiting in Dragonsand. At first I thought I just waited too long.
I see and good Lord, yep, that's bizarre. :D :D What were these ingredients if I can ask, random plant ingredients or there were some bizarre stuff as well like platemail, gems and whatnot? :D :D

Oh, then you can call it "premature attempt at crossing over". :D :D :D
Templayer wrote: No, basically all the guards in MM7 are missing NPC pictures.
Ok, so then we have these to do NPC images of: Goblins (Deyja, The Pit), Archangels (Celeste), Wizards (parts of Bracada and Celeste), Raiders (Erathia), Adventurers (Emerald Island, Harmondale), Bowmen (Tatalia), Elven Lancers (Tularean, Avlee), Champions of the Sword (Castle Gryphonheart), Warlocks (Nighon), Dwarven Guards (Stone City)? I didn't include Golems because there is one already.
Yes?

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 02 Sep 2019, 13:51

SpectralDragon wrote:
Templayer wrote: No, basically all the guards in MM7 are missing NPC pictures.
Ok, so then we have these to do NPC images of: Goblins (Deyja, The Pit), Archangels (Celeste), Wizards (parts of Bracada and Celeste), Raiders (Erathia), Adventurers (Emerald Island, Harmondale), Bowmen (Tatalia), Elven Lancers (Tularean, Avlee), Champions of the Sword (Castle Gryphonheart), Warlocks (Nighon), Dwarven Guards (Stone City)? I didn't include Golems because there is one already.
Yeah. I think. Too lazy to check! xD

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 02 Sep 2019, 20:23

Templayer wrote:Yeah. I think. Too lazy to check! xD
If I miss anyone, then I'll blame you for it! ;P ;P
Yes?

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 02 Sep 2019, 20:27

SpectralDragon wrote:
Templayer wrote:Yeah. I think. Too lazy to check! xD
If I miss anyone, then I'll blame you for it! ;P ;P
YOU can blame me all day long! :D :D

andrey
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby andrey » 02 Sep 2019, 20:40

SpectralDragon wrote: I see and good Lord, yep, that's bizarre. :D :D What were these ingredients if I can ask, random plant ingredients or there were some bizarre stuff as well like platemail, gems and whatnot? :D :D
Mostly cheap alchemy.
Rodril wrote:
Templayer wrote:
Should I return it to the bug list?

EstelRandir
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby EstelRandir » 02 Sep 2019, 22:25

Is there a way to reset the artifact count? I started in Enroth, farmed exp enough that the relics & artifacts stopped dropping on the monster corpses. I stored the relics & several artifacts on characters in the adventure inn to keep the same relics that I did not want from dropping over and over. I also noticed that several MM8 artifacts spawned on the MM6 corpses. Not many just a few. Now I am in Jadame, I noticed that the random artifacts are not spawning. I have checked multiple hidden chest locations where they are "guaranteed" to spawn & the chests do not contain any artifacts. I also checked other non-hidden chests that are guaranteed to contain random artifacts (specific dungeons, etc). They do not.
Last edited by EstelRandir on 02 Sep 2019, 22:25, edited 1 time in total.

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Unread postby Xfing » 03 Sep 2019, 07:55

Daedros wrote: Speaking of Potions, i'm wondering if it would be possible to add functionality to the potions that temporarily add effects to weapons, such as Flaming/Freezing/Shocking/Noxious/Swift and Slaying Potions. Currently as is, they can only be applied to non-enchanted weapons. Would it be possible to allow them to temporarily add effects to already enchanted weapons, such as how Oils function in the Witcher series?
I would imagine that weapon effects are treated as proper enchantments by the game's code, only ones with a timed effect. I don't think the game would allow them to stack without some serious alterations, though that's only an assumption on my part.

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 03 Sep 2019, 10:15

andrey wrote:Mostly cheap alchemy.
Rodril wrote:
Templayer wrote:
Should I return it to the bug list?
I see and honestly I wouldn't mind that sort of placement at all, heck, I'd be too glad to support the notion of having cheap armor and weapons littered around Dragon Caves in Jadame, each differing per land like clubs in Isilgore's Cave surroundings and whatnots.
Yes?

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 03 Sep 2019, 15:32

Removed from the Bug Tracker:

Code: Select all

Reported by: Andrey » Aug 21 2019, 21:24
Control undead always fails. At 25 grandmaster I still cannot control even skeletal bowman, one of the weakest undeads out there (and not immune to dark). Is there a bug?
UPD: Fixed in latest update.
EstelRandir wrote:Is there a way to reset the artifact count? I started in Enroth, farmed exp enough that the relics & artifacts stopped dropping on the monster corpses. I stored the relics & several artifacts on characters in the adventure inn to keep the same relics that I did not want from dropping over and over. I also noticed that several MM8 artifacts spawned on the MM6 corpses. Not many just a few. Now I am in Jadame, I noticed that the random artifacts are not spawning. I have checked multiple hidden chest locations where they are "guaranteed" to spawn & the chests do not contain any artifacts. I also checked other non-hidden chests that are guaranteed to contain random artifacts (specific dungeons, etc). They do not.
There isn't an artifact limit, except that one artifact / relic shouldn't drop twice. O think. Please elaborate further and send savegame.
andrey wrote: Should I return it to the bug list?
If it doesn't happen on map respawn, but pseudorandomly, then yes, I guess.

andrey
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby andrey » 03 Sep 2019, 17:10

SpectralDragon wrote: I see and honestly I wouldn't mind that sort of placement at all, heck, I'd be too glad to support the notion of having cheap armor and weapons littered around Dragon Caves in Jadame, each differing per land like clubs in Isilgore's Cave surroundings and whatnots.
I'm OK with declaring it "not a bug". But would be good to first understand what exactly is going on here, when this thing appears, what does it depend on, etc.

andrey
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby andrey » 03 Sep 2019, 20:10

Templayer wrote:
EstelRandir wrote:Is there a way to reset the artifact count? I started in Enroth, farmed exp enough that the relics & artifacts stopped dropping on the monster corpses. I stored the relics & several artifacts on characters in the adventure inn to keep the same relics that I did not want from dropping over and over. I also noticed that several MM8 artifacts spawned on the MM6 corpses. Not many just a few. Now I am in Jadame, I noticed that the random artifacts are not spawning. I have checked multiple hidden chest locations where they are "guaranteed" to spawn & the chests do not contain any artifacts. I also checked other non-hidden chests that are guaranteed to contain random artifacts (specific dungeons, etc). They do not.
There isn't an artifact limit, except that one artifact / relic shouldn't drop twice. O think. Please elaborate further and send savegame.
In theory it shouldn't, but this functionality is bugged. Finding 2 artifacts of a kind happens a lot. Once I found 2 Wallace artifacts in the same chest (and 3rd one earlier in the game).

andrey
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby andrey » 04 Sep 2019, 07:04

@Everyone:

If you encounter "invisible wall" in a dungeon, please, report it here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xf4 ... xvx47xgckf (in invisible walls list section). Or just tell me.
Chokk wrote:
I believe, promotion guide in the document is missing sorcerer -> necromancer promotion.

andrey
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby andrey » 04 Sep 2019, 07:09

Rodril wrote:
Are you OK with returning "ingredient rain" to the bug list? You mentioned you found something in the in-game scripts. Can you elaborate?
Templayer wrote:
andrey wrote: Should I return it to the bug list?
If it doesn't happen on map respawn, but pseudorandomly, then yes, I guess.

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Rodril » 04 Sep 2019, 12:31

andrey wrote:Are you OK with returning "ingredient rain" to the bug list? You mentioned you found something in the in-game scripts. Can you elaborate?
Unfortunate EVT scripts do not contain anything about it, and i have not found clues in .exe yet.

Daedros
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Daedros » 04 Sep 2019, 18:36

The "Ingredient Rain" tends to happen when switching maps. Going from Ravenshore to Garrote Gorge, can cause Ravenshore's ingredient spawn to appear in Garrote Gorge as well. Alvar to Murmurwoods can do the same. This is a bug that has been around since at least vanilla M&M8.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 04 Sep 2019, 19:20

Rodril wrote:
andrey wrote:Are you OK with returning "ingredient rain" to the bug list? You mentioned you found something in the in-game scripts. Can you elaborate?
Unfortunate EVT scripts do not contain anything about it, and i have not found clues in .exe yet.
Daedros wrote:The "Ingredient Rain" tends to happen when switching maps. Going from Ravenshore to Garrote Gorge, can cause Ravenshore's ingredient spawn to appear in Garrote Gorge as well. Alvar to Murmurwoods can do the same. This is a bug that has been around since at least vanilla M&M8.
Seems more like a GrayFace thing to fix or reconfigure.
GrayFace wrote: :bugsquash:

justl
Demon
Demon

Unread postby justl » 05 Sep 2019, 05:02

Well ... you people are a bunch of types...
the game gives you something for free(!) and you are complaining about it
yeah, maybe its vanilla buggy but dont code the old charme out of the merge cause you just dont like it
V2: Compendium of mm6-8 Secrets + Details about the base merge and DaveHer's redone merge (its in english!)
https://www.mightandmagicworld.de/fileb ... index.html

Return to “Might and Magic”