That's Gotta Hurt

Comments about the Pictures of the Day.
ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 08 May 2006, 13:00

With the BF's size 5 shots are unfortunatly more then enough.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

That's Gotta Hurt

Unread postby Akul » 08 May 2006, 18:33

@Bloodstar

True!

Just today, in my school library I have found little older PC magazines. In it, there is a table of the most played games in the country. And HOMMIV had 3rd or 2nd place in at least 5 numbers.
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

umfridus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

That's Gotta Hurt

Unread postby umfridus » 08 May 2006, 18:50

The Djinn looks too tiny to occupy four squares. I hate it when they force every faction to have three large units even though some of them aren't that large.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: That's Gotta Hurt

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 08 May 2006, 22:24

umfridus wrote:The Djinn looks too tiny to occupy four squares. I hate it when they force every faction to have three large units even though some of them aren't that large.
Well they need to put their hands somewhere.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

That's Gotta Hurt

Unread postby Orfinn » 09 May 2006, 12:28

They made the djinns hands bigger so it could take up 4 squares, still why they shrinked the djinns head is a mystery. Are genie and djinn different beings? If, I hope they will include genies that looks like those from previous games.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 09 May 2006, 14:27

Orfinn wrote: Are genie and djinn different beings?
Nope, just diferent spellings of the same word. Actualy Genie coresponds to Djinni, which is the plural.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Vlad976

Unread postby Vlad976 » 09 May 2006, 16:03

PotD wrote:Perhaps in Heroes VI we will only see a gigantic pair of feet on the screen.
And then we can reenact the opening from Heroes III in which the Giant steps on people.
Simmons: I think you’re asking me if these computers store all the data on Red and Blue armies?
Sarge: Control Alt Bingo.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 09 May 2006, 16:10

ThunderTitan wrote: Nope, just diferent spellings of the same word. Actualy Genie coresponds to Djinni, which is the plural.
No, actually, they're different transcriptions of the same word. Genie is pluralized "genies", and djinni is one of several alternate spellings (and according to my dictonary, not a pluralized form)
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 09 May 2006, 16:30

Vlad976 wrote: And then we can reenact the opening from Heroes III in which the Giant steps on people.
That's true, I forgot about that. For some reason, I was thinking about one of the fatalities in Mortal Kombat, Jax in the third game, if I remember correctly...
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 09 May 2006, 17:29

Gaidal Cain wrote: No, actually, they're different transcriptions of the same word. Genie is pluralized "genies", and djinni is one of several alternate spellings (and according to my dictonary, not a pluralized form)
You sure? Then's what's djinn?! I thought that Genie was wrongly used because they didn't realised it was the plural. And Djinn is closer to the arabic.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 09 May 2006, 19:35

Hmm. Wikipedia has an interesting article on it. In short, it's a djinni, and it's a member of the djinn "race". Genie is sort of a mistranslation, using an older french word with a somewhat similar meaning.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 09 May 2006, 19:44

So Djinn is the plural, and Djinni the singular. Got it.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 11 May 2006, 13:48

ThunderTitan wrote: You sure? Then's what's djinn?! I thought that Genie was wrongly used because they didn't realised it was the plural. And Djinn is closer to the arabic.
Djinn is the original,whith djinni as plural.Same as efreet and efreeti.Its arabic.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 11 May 2006, 14:09

DaemianLucifer wrote: Djinn is the original,whith djinni as plural.Same as efreet and efreeti.Its arabic.
Well acording to the article GC linked it's the other way around. (And it's Ifrit anyway).

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 11 May 2006, 14:13

ThunderTitan wrote:
DaemianLucifer wrote: Djinn is the original,whith djinni as plural.Same as efreet and efreeti.Its arabic.
Well acording to the article GC linked it's the other way around. (And it's Ifrit anyway).
Ups.Saw that one after posting.Well,I was away a while,so I had to catch up.

RommeL_666
Peasant
Peasant

That's Gotta Hurt

Unread postby RommeL_666 » 11 May 2006, 23:21

maybe he is BIG,but he can`t FLY....hehehe:x)
"There are no desperate situations, there are only desperate people"
jeff wrote:Me to, I usually hire the two best looking female heroes. Ok a bit of a sexist, but if I am going to stare a pictures all day, I might as well enjoy the view. :devious:

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

That's Gotta Hurt

Unread postby Akul » 12 May 2006, 10:04

From CH bestiary:

In pre-islamic mytology: Jinn, are firely spirits of vanished ancient peoples who acted during the night and disappeared with first light or dawn. They can make themselves invisible and change shapes into animals. They were responsible for diseases and manias. Types of Jinn include: Ghul (night shade, which can change shape), Sila (which can't change shape) and Efreet. Sometimes they appeared as beautiful women who visited men by night to copulate with theme by night until the men were exhausted from drawing energy from theme.

In Islam: Jiin are beings with free will, made by smokeless fire by God. Jinn have communities like humans. They eat, marry, sleep, die, etc. They are invisible to humans but they can see humans. Sometimes they accidentally come into view of humans. They can be either good or bad. They eat bones, and their animals' droppings. Jinn have abilities to change shapes into animals (mostly snakes) or humans. Jinn also can possess humans (which human own will or forcefully), have more power then they and live much longer then humans. Some people can control theme magically binding theme to objects such as oil lamp.
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

That's Gotta Hurt

Unread postby Angelspit » 12 May 2006, 13:26

This POTD is getting old. I'll put up a new one tonight.
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 12 May 2006, 17:08

Sauron wrote:"Sometimes they appeared as beautiful women who visited men by night to copulate with theme by night until the men were exhausted from drawing energy from theme."
Draining energy... yeah, I can see how that works... :devil:

jackeboy
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

That's Gotta Hurt

Unread postby jackeboy » 26 May 2006, 10:48

wow

Return to “Screenshots”