Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Unread postby Xfing » 31 Aug 2019, 08:30

raekuul wrote:
Templayer wrote:Then tell me how to balance it better, racial skills-wise. Please remember that the Racial Skills are a first version. I can make a V2, if the idea is sound.
One thing I'm playing around with is reducing the greatest effect of the Racial Skills sheet (since anything on the RS sheet gets added to the character at generation). For example, the Dragon race has a 3 for their Dragon Ability, meaning they (1) start with the Dragon Ability Skill if I create them at chargen, and (2) may, in the absence of being the Dragon class, Master their Dragon Abilities.

I am also modifying the class skills chart to adjust for this. As an example, the promoted Dragon class (I believe it's called Great Wyrm?) gets Basic Dragon Ability - this ends up giving the same net effect that the original game did, which is "you have to be a promoted Dragon to use Wing Buffet".

Unfortunately, as it works right now there is no way to retain this lockout if the plan is to remove the classes in favor of using the races. Either the system would need to be rewritten to use the greater of the two-to-six potential race and class and promotion class tables, or else just have each grandmaster teacher explicitly check to see if the character in question is fully promoted before offering to train grandmastery.
Q
So in short: my idea from a while back was to slightly modify each race so that they have a) minimal guaranteed skill levels regardless of class b) bonuses to one or two skills c) penalties to one or two skills to balance these out. This could let the races have their own idiosyncracies even when combined with classes. For example the mino could have a guaranteed expert in axe regardless of class, so that even classes like mino druids or clerics could use it. But classes that get Axe by default would receive +1 to their mastery cap, so that Knights who are by default limited to master could get GM. Same with Perception, due to the minos' large eyes - all classes could get +1 to their mastery cap. Then this could be compensated for by reducing one or two of their other skill level caps by -1 each. Determine all these skills for every race, rinse and repeat.

I think that if implemented right it could give different race/class combos more personality, giving the player an incentive to try them all out (or at least min-max for optimal race/class combos for their party members). I personally feel this would give the game even more replay value than it already has. What do you think about this?

Here's my table of proposed changes from before. Probaby haven't gotten around to making any adjustments yet:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1f7znEE ... sp=sharing

Templayer refused to add this to the suggestion tracker as he decided on his own that it can't be anything other than optional, but I still think it deserves a discussion at least, Rodril might actually like this idea after some toning down. I've been hoping to get this discussed and iterated on with the help of y'all so we could possibly arrive at a version that would feel fair and an objective design improvement to everyone. Please share your feedback!
Last edited by Xfing on 31 Aug 2019, 08:48, edited 2 times in total.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 31 Aug 2019, 09:58

raekuul wrote: or else just have each grandmaster teacher explicitly check to see if the character in question is fully promoted before offering to train grandmastery.
Sounds good to me.
Example:
Dragon Monk.
Gets honorary promotion to Great Wyrm.
GM teacher for Dragon Abilities checks for everything like usual (if a character CAN go to GM, which by using my table a dragon monk could) AND then checks if the party gained the promotion (no matter if honorary or actual).
The hardest part would probably be coding it so that the skill GM level string had yellow colour (as in "you need promotion") even though the character doesn't actually need the promotion, only the honorary variant of the promotion. :D :D

I would also like to add that all this needs to be purely optional! By that I mean that the original tables shouldn't be modified and their modified versions set as default -> but if someone makes a character that is already of the Dragon Race, but not the Dragon Class, the code to check for honorary (or actual) promotions should trigger anyway.
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

Dedicated MMMerge Forum (Bug Tracker included): shorturl.at/lryAF

raekuul
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby raekuul » 31 Aug 2019, 11:09

Templayer wrote:
raekuul wrote: or else just have each grandmaster teacher explicitly check to see if the character in question is fully promoted before offering to train grandmastery.
I would also like to add that all this needs to be purely optional! By that I mean that the original tables shouldn't be modified and their modified versions set as default -> but if someone makes a character that is already of the Dragon Race, but not the Dragon Class, the code to check for honorary (or actual) promotions should trigger anyway.
Merge has this problem by default whether you want it to be optional or not - Minotaurs and Dwarves get +1 Axe for free, which gives their Fighters the opportunity to GM after promotion and their Rangers the opportunity to GM without promotion. The only thing keeping it from being a game-breaker is GM Axe not working right, and that's something GrayFace is looking into.
GM teacher for Dragon Abilities checks for everything like usual (if a character CAN go to GM, which by using my table a dragon monk could) AND then checks if the party gained the promotion (no matter if honorary or actual).
MM6 has an example in the Master Axe teacher, in that he will not teach you until you've completed his quest. One thing to try is to set the GM teachers for Dark Elf, Vampire, and Dragon to explicitly look for the relevant quest to be completed (my original idea was to change the GM teacher to also be the promoter, but I don't know how feasible that is and doesn't actually solve the overall "GM-Without-Final-Promotion" problem)
Last edited by raekuul on 31 Aug 2019, 11:19, edited 4 times in total.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 31 Aug 2019, 14:00

Rodril has actually removed these bugs from the Bug Tracker!

Code: Select all

Reported by: Andrey » Aug 21 2019, 21:24
Sometimes region gets peppered with alchemy and cheap ore upon entering. Bracada, Murmurwoods and Garrote Gorge are particularly susceptible. Bug back from MM7-8, I remember those strange things.
Rodril: this is not bug. Spawn of these items coded in orginal ingame scripts.

So, in Enroth you can start as a minotaur, dwarf, elf, but not goblin? There are goblins in Enroth, and there are no elves AFAIR.
Templayer: There are several elf-like characters in Heroes 2. Also it is because the goblins in MM6 are tribalistic enemies with allegiance to only themselfs. Also they are retarded. :D
Rodril: Elves were in HOMM2 as hireable archers in Sorcerer's Castle. I agree about goblins. I think this should be removed.
He is reading things. HE IS READING THINGS. :oex: :hug:
Last edited by Templayer on 31 Aug 2019, 14:10, edited 1 time in total.

Jezebeth Noir
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Jezebeth Noir » 31 Aug 2019, 14:04

Templayer wrote:Then tell me how to balance it better, racial skills-wise. Please remember that the Racial Skills are a first version. I can make a V2, if the idea is sound.
I'm still thinking that the race promotions in addition to class promotions could be a good idea. Ok, let's the powerful races will be available from start, but the weak races could join them in the game. In this case weak humans could be chosen as a challenge.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 31 Aug 2019, 19:58

Templayer wrote:
GrayFace wrote:
Rodril wrote:

2. Invisible blockers.
This is known issue since day one, though i still have not found straight solution. If any map becomes broken because of it, let me know.
Now the Editor should produce less of such problems. It still needs work in regards to preserving some aspects of indoor maps like outlines and BSP.
A list of map names and coordinates of invisible blockers would be very useful.
I have the RIGHT MAN FOR THE JOB!
Andrey wrote: :wall: *into invisible walls*
Andrey, besides reporting about 50 bugs today, is also working on the collision bugs list. :hug: :tsup:

LordInsane
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby LordInsane » 01 Sep 2019, 00:48

Is it possible to add entries in the History tab? I noticed the bug about History tab in Enroth showing the Jadame storyline, and considered that while writing entirely new fitting entries triggered at the right points might be a bit much, there are texts from MM6 that could go there, maybe even helping some new players not having to look up a walkthrough at one point in the main quest - the letters from Roland to Catherine that can be found in MM6's manual.

DrDeft
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby DrDeft » 01 Sep 2019, 05:36

Please help. I created dragon-ghost-vampire and it has Zombie status. So I can't heal him with body magic heal. What I need to change in config files and where to have ability to heal him by cleric?

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 01 Sep 2019, 06:30

DrDeft wrote:Please help. I created dragon-ghost-vampire and it has Zombie status. So I can't heal him with body magic heal. What I need to change in config files and where to have ability to heal him by cleric?
As much as I know, others don't know as well because "Zombie" status is default to Ghost Dragon (they're supposed to be Zombie Dragons in game-speak) and Zombies as a condition cannot be fully healed by any means. Resting can heal them to about 1/2 their HP, but other than that, it's no way in healing them fully. We're still discussing how can we make it so that Ghost Dragons that are made via Character Unlocker (together with other "Zombie" characters, potentially) don't show "Zombie" condition, by my knowledge, even if this can trigger quite a number of bugs if said non-Zombie-condition Ghost Dragon becomes one later down the line (Zombie-conditioned Ghost Dragon, that is).
Last edited by SpectralDragon on 01 Sep 2019, 06:34, edited 1 time in total.
Yes?

DrDeft
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby DrDeft » 01 Sep 2019, 07:55

SpectralDragon wrote:
DrDeft wrote:Please help. I created dragon-ghost-vampire and it has Zombie status. So I can't heal him with body magic heal. What I need to change in config files and where to have ability to heal him by cleric?
As much as I know, others don't know as well because "Zombie" status is default to Ghost Dragon (they're supposed to be Zombie Dragons in game-speak) and Zombies as a condition cannot be fully healed by any means. Resting can heal them to about 1/2 their HP, but other than that, it's no way in healing them fully. We're still discussing how can we make it so that Ghost Dragons that are made via Character Unlocker (together with other "Zombie" characters, potentially) don't show "Zombie" condition, by my knowledge, even if this can trigger quite a number of bugs if said non-Zombie-condition Ghost Dragon becomes one later down the line (Zombie-conditioned Ghost Dragon, that is).
It's not good((( So I must start the new game without ghost dragon in party?

DrDeft
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby DrDeft » 01 Sep 2019, 08:12

One more question please. When I create cleric in the new party she has no light magic ability! Where can she teach it?

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 01 Sep 2019, 10:11

DrDeft wrote:
SpectralDragon wrote:
It's not good((( So I must start the new game without ghost dragon in party?
Yes. Rodril should make it so the Zombie characters created during character creation shouldn't have the Zombie status (and should be unable to become zombies at the temples / raise dead spell).

Also the fact that you created a Dragon Ghost Vampire was mildly amusing. GDSpectra is working on a Blood Dragon (which would be a Dragon Vampire internally), check the tracker for WIP images.
SpectralDragon wrote:BADOOM
Isn't his Ghost Dragon Vampire basically something a kin to a Blood Dragon? If it is, then it seems people want it. :D
Rodril wrote:I can probably do this rather quickly, even though there are worse bugs around.
LordInsane wrote:Is it possible to add entries in the History tab? I noticed the bug about History tab in Enroth showing the Jadame storyline, and considered that while writing entirely new fitting entries triggered at the right points might be a bit much, there are texts from MM6 that could go there, maybe even helping some new players not having to look up a walkthrough at one point in the main quest - the letters from Roland to Catherine that can be found in MM6's manual.
It can be done for sure I think, but it hasn't been done yet. I will add this to the bug tracker even though it isn't much of a bug as an unfinished feature.
DrDeft wrote:One more question please. When I create cleric in the new party she has no light magic ability! Where can she teach it?
Clerics from all three games have been combined class-wise.

Please check the Tracker in my signature. It has a lot of information. Like 150+ pages of information. I even made tutorials on how to set starting skills, so if you wish, you can change a lot, including starting with Light magic. Also please remember that even though you do not start with Light magic with a cleric, you can also go dark magic with a cleric (and become a Priest of the Dark in MM7 if you wish to go the evil cleric route, or High Priest in MM6 if you wish to have BOTH. :P ). But you really should've checked the Tracker before starting the game... :(

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 01 Sep 2019, 10:28

Templayer wrote:Isn't his Ghost Dragon Vampire basically something a kin to a Blood Dragon? If it is, then it seems people want it. :D
Not as much as it's an unresting soul of a dead Vampire Dragon. Too bad that I'm still stuck on that one because 1, I need a different paperdoll/BG image of one, lest you wish the Vampire Dragon to look like a badly recolored Dracolich/Ghost Dragon if it would be the bony version like I planned it to be and 2, there STILL needs to be a decision whether the said Vampire Dragon would be flesh and blood or just reanimated bone. If it would be flesh and blood, then I need a BG/paperdoll + various facial expressions of the said living dragon you wish me to use as a basis for the character. :tired: I cannot just use the default Brown/Red Dragon all the time after all, lest you wish them to look like badly recolored/copied clones of each other.
Last edited by SpectralDragon on 01 Sep 2019, 10:28, edited 1 time in total.
Yes?

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 01 Sep 2019, 10:29

Rodril is reading through the Bug Tracker, so I will be removing some entries:

Reported by: Andrey » Aug 15 2019, 11:56:
Light Druid still promotes you even if you chose darkness. Warlock promotion for light path is now a feature, but what about the other way around?
Rodril: Same for Druids, you can choose that way if you prefer, despite your side.

Verdant first contacts you when you reach any place of power, not necessarily the one that she asks you to reach.
Rodril: this is intended. She will bother you upon any attempt to cross time, untill you'll pick her main quest.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 01 Sep 2019, 10:33

SpectralDragon wrote:
Templayer wrote:Isn't his Ghost Dragon Vampire basically something a kin to a Blood Dragon? If it is, then it seems people want it. :D
Not as much as it's an unresting soul of a dead Vampire Dragon. Too bad that I'm still stuck on that one because 1, I need a different paperdoll/BG image of one, lest you wish the Vampire Dragon to look like a badly recolored Dracolich/Ghost Dragon if it would be the bony version like I planned it to be and 2, there STILL needs to be a decision whether the said Vampire Dragon would be flesh and blood or just reanimated bone. If it would be flesh and blood, then I need a BG/paperdoll + various facial expressions of the said living dragon you wish me to use as a basis for the character. :tired: I cannot just use the default Brown/Red Dragon all the time after all, lest you wish them to look like badly recolored/copied clones of each other.
This looks stealable / modifiable, if you fill in where the text cuts the picture:
:D :D :D :D

Here's some more:

Also if you are still undecided if you want to make another bony dragony or a fleshy one, why not do both? The path of compromise:
Last edited by Templayer on 01 Sep 2019, 10:38, edited 3 times in total.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 01 Sep 2019, 10:47

So I made some slight modifications to one of the concept arts.

Settings: (I didn't save the hue change settings BTW)

Now it looks like an otherworldly abomination it really is. :D :D

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Rodril » 01 Sep 2019, 13:08

Hello.
Game files link have been updated. I've marked fixed bugs on tracker (no more crash upon declining item enchantment, control undead and town portal spells have been adjusted, Breach riddles have been fixed...). Please, try these files and tell me if they are broken or not. Also no more 15 min delay upon first start, thanks to GrayFace, algorythm of generating .bin files have been reworked.
I'll add updates for Polish and Russian localizations next weekend.
Thank you for reporting.
SpectralDragon wrote:I have a question regarding transformations though: do you know how do transformations (like living to Zombie, Zombie to living and living to Lich) work in the game? I (and probably some other people) wish to make sure they don't glitch themselves once the conditions for the transformation have been met, both in visual and vocal department. ^^;
Yes, there's special secondary table, which keep original faces for every character. Upon transformation to zombie, game saves current portrait and voice in that table and then changes current portrait to zombie-one according to character's race. It should not bug out like in original MM7.
DaveHer wrote:I want to put the Ghost Dragons that SpectralDragon gave to use in that mod but I need to know where is the sound track for the monsters of MM8. MM6 and MM7 have a sound folder but MM8 does not. Again Glade you are back. :-D :tsup:
David Hernandez
All sounds of MM8 are stored in "EnglishD.lod" archive. To assign sounds to monster, you have to edit "MonList.txt" from "...Data\Tables" folder, i.e. "SoundAttack", "SoundDie", "SoundGetHit", "SoundFidget" columns, which contain indexes from "Sounds.txt" from "...Data\Tables" folder.
Templayer wrote:1. Yes, there were more spots, so we actually thought the parser was broken globally, thus we didn't really make a list of where it occurs because well, it seemed to be happening everywhere where a parser was...

2. This is quite an issue, some dungeons are almost unfinishable due to entire hallways / corridors sometimes being blocked off. You should work together with GrayFace to solve the problem, he has been quite active on the project and forum.

3. It is broken. Didn't work at all for quite a few people. And the instructions lead to a broken version for everyone (two steps have to be changed for it to actually work). I talked about GrayFace and this project needs an installer ASAP. Or at least a SINGLE PACKAGE DOWNLOAD. No more base and update packages! Just ONE package (as an option, at least) that is always upkept to the newest version. So people can just download -> extract -> run, nothing more. As you can see, this has been quite frustrating, since I had to write what feels like hundreds of posts replying to people telling us that the download is broken (and we didn't have the rights to edit the first post and replace it with a working version!). :tsdown:
1-2. Breach riddles should be fixed in today's version. But i have not found anything what could violate parser globally, same for broken maps: i need description of each situation.
3. Check today's version, please. I won't use Dropbox anymore - too suspicious. Also, no separate update files this time.
Templayer wrote:8. GrayFace might fix that bug. Also maybe from ... let's say level 30 characters should cast GM level spells from scrolls instead of M. This would make it doable.
This solution still make it impossible for "no level ups" challenge, also i don't see how this scroll's behaivor could be documented in game. Still i'm thinking about rings/amulets... What if trinkets which protect from death/eradication will have charges, which consumed each time, when player protected from these effects? And when all charges are consumed, item disappears making character vulnerable again.
Jezebeth Noir wrote:What do you think about making liches, vampires and maybe dark elves a bonus race, not available on start? Human (of any class) could become a lich or vampire as a race promotion, while elves will become dark elves. This races in comparison to other is too strong and too cool. Maybe it even makes sense to think about promotion to dragon race... :)
This promotion system have sense, but i am not sure if MM lore accepts this: there were not any signs of dark elves being more powerfull than Avlee-one, while dark dwarves were even physically weaker than their Erathian brothers. Also, this system would change game balance a lot, while i'd like to keep it close to original.
Maslyonok wrote:I have a request: put my translation in main post, please.
Shall i add it as separate link, or shall i merge it with existing localization?
Also i've got Polish localization for MM6, i'll add it next weekend.
GrayFace wrote:A list of map names and coordinates of invisible blockers would be very useful.
Unfortunate, i don't have full list, but here are few to test on:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ch730fybnysrt ... s.txt?dl=0
Xfing wrote:Now he sure does have a lot of stuff to catch up on, hope it doesn't take forever to do that! But just to briefly summarize:
Thank you.
LordInsane wrote:Is it possible to add entries in the History tab? I noticed the bug about History tab in Enroth showing the Jadame storyline, and considered that while writing entirely new fitting entries triggered at the right points might be a bit much, there are texts from MM6 that could go there, maybe even helping some new players not having to look up a walkthrough at one point in the main quest - the letters from Roland to Catherine that can be found in MM6's manual.
Not yet, History tab a bit more complicated than other tables, and does not feel that important in presence of other bug, so i'm constantly delaying it for now.
DrDeft wrote:One more question please. When I create cleric in the new party she has no light magic ability! Where can she teach it?
Yes, that have been changed. Clerics can not learn light magic from start anymore. Only exeption is Frederick Talimer from MM8.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 01.09.2019]

Unread postby Templayer » 01 Sep 2019, 13:11

And Rodril is doing something I never could if I were to take the project over - one of his trademark bug squashing sprees. This guy can fix more bugs in a week than an entire Ubisoft team in years. *shots fired*

Rodril's responses on some of the bugs:

Returned Gryphonheart’s Trumpet, judge Gray died the same day. Should there be some time between events?
Rodril: It is just sounds funny to admit. Will fix in next update.

Why some human paperdolls are not available on some continents? They are human, and already implemented. E.g. a lot of MM6 faces are available in Enroth only, some MM7 faces are not available in Jadame. Something intentional that I don’t see?
Templayer: Because Rodril limited it like that. And that is why I did the Unlocker thingie under optional modifications.
Andrey: Hm… OK. But what is the reasoning behind making some MM7 human faces available in Enroth, and some not, for example?
Templayer: I … actually wasn't aware of that. Even though I had to see it when making the Unlocker. :D
Rodril: It felt like too much portraits to choose from, when you starting new game. Though this question raises so often, that i probably have to review new game roster.

Emerald Island guards do not have any face pictures.
Rodril: Unfortunate, MM7 was not supposed to have face pictures of "monsters", there is no good portrait for guards in game resources, so the will stay faceless for now.

Seems like a job for GDSpectra -
SpectralDragon wrote:
(I'll keep it in the Tracker for now)
While I am at it - what colour of text do you wish to be represented as if there is a conversation on the Tracker? Since I have a really bad eyesight, if there is a discussion on the Tracker I started colour coding the texts. It has to be a dark shade (since the background is white). Mine is purple, Andrey got Red, I've selected Yellow for Rodril. What should I colour your texts if there is author intermingling?

Bugs that were explained and thus were removed from the Bug Tracker:

Got Herondale’s Lost Shield from looting a minotaur lord in the maze. Should minotaur lords be dropping relics?
Rodril: MM7 Minotaur kings should.
Bugs that were fixed and thus were removed from the Bug Tracker:

It seems, the riddles in the breach don’t care whether you answer them correctly or not. The bug with text input suddenly disappeared for one of the playthroughs, and I was able to compare. To tell without spoilers, it took ~20 correct riddle answers on one playthrough and ~20 “incorrect” riddle answers on another - results were about the same. Intentional?
Rodril: fixed 01.09.2019

Reproduction (see save below): Load, “Enchant item”, right click the bow, cancel the spell (Esc), open the chest, try to put the bow in the chest. Game crashes w/o error message.Tried several times in a row, same result.  
Save: https://drive.google.com/file/d/17j9V7MInooX-12Ab3cM58ZLT3KXaHnM7/view?usp=sharing
UPD: Actually, getting quite consistent bug reproduction in many other situations. Choose enchant item/fire aura/etc., RIGHT click the item, cancel the spell, then go to the inventory and select the item. Result: game crashes w/o error message. It is a bad one. 

Gate from the plane of fire is difficult to use, only the very small portion of it is clickable.

Cannot cast town portal from scrolls on places of power. Actually, I just don’t see “You feel high magic presence” message. Not sure about the gatemaster. Intentional? Anyway, it will screw solo games for classes that cannot be promoted on the continent.
Templayer: That is really weird. I tried console casting a scroll of town portal back when I was figuring out how to make the transport automatic, and it worked.
Andrey: For what class? I guess, the key might be that no character in the party could cast town portal. I tried several places of power on unpromoted druid in Jadame.
Andrey: Investigated a bit. Corrected report: if characters in your party cannot cast town portal on their own, you still can use town portal scroll as dimension door. However, you will see no “You feel high magic presence” message. It still looks like a bug to me, although not nearly as severe. Or is it intentional?
Templayer: Probably. Makes sense to me that some characters wouldn't be able to sense a high magical presence.
Rodril: fixed 01.09.2019. Now any character will be able to feel "presence". Town portal spell have been adjusted.

Amulets and gems have weird distorted colors when on the ground
Templayer: Hmm, looks like a bad pallete or something.
Rodril: gems, trinkets and wearable items have been fixed 01.09.2019. I may missed some quest items with wrong palette, tough.

The roads IMHO should continue until the border of the minimap too. It is implied that they go until the destination. This picture is the road from Ravenshore to Garrote Gorge. You have the road as far as the eye can see, M-button map is fine, but the minimap draws different picture. I guess, many other places can also have that oversight.

Cannot start as a minotaur with troll voice. Voice change ignored, starts with original voice.

One voice (dragon voice?) does not have an introduction line, click on “change voice” arrow is silent. Is there no such line because it was not possible to start as a dragon? I guess, greetings phrase can be put there instead
After brewing the potion of pure endurance, the troll says as if he just brewed pure luck

WORST GLITCHES LIST
1. The input parser seems to be broken for a lot of things. Like in the Breach, answering riddles, etc. usually entered answers are not accepted, and it takes 20+ attempts to break through it.
Last edited by Templayer on 01 Sep 2019, 13:12, edited 1 time in total.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 01 Sep 2019, 13:26

Rodril wrote:
Templayer wrote: 2. This is quite an issue, some dungeons are almost unfinishable due to entire hallways / corridors sometimes being blocked off. You should work together with GrayFace to solve the problem, he has been quite active on the project and forum.

3. It is broken. Didn't work at all for quite a few people. And the instructions lead to a broken version for everyone (two steps have to be changed for it to actually work). I talked about GrayFace and this project needs an installer ASAP. Or at least a SINGLE PACKAGE DOWNLOAD. No more base and update packages! Just ONE package (as an option, at least) that is always upkept to the newest version. So people can just download -> extract -> run, nothing more. As you can see, this has been quite frustrating, since I had to write what feels like hundreds of posts replying to people telling us that the download is broken (and we didn't have the rights to edit the first post and replace it with a working version!). :tsdown:
1-2. Breach riddles should be fixed in today's version. But i have not found anything what could violate parser globally, same for broken maps: i need description of each situation.
3. Check today's version, please. I won't use Dropbox anymore - too suspicious. Also, no separate update files this time.
Thank the ever-loving god. :D
Broken map collisions were fixed by GrayFace in his thingie for the most part. If any of them remain, Andrey is already documenting where to fix those as well. So that point is more for GrayFace than for you, I guess. Yaay for a "all-in-one" package, that one has been driving me bananas. :D
Rodril wrote:
Templayer wrote:8. GrayFace might fix that bug. Also maybe from ... let's say level 30 characters should cast GM level spells from scrolls instead of M. This would make it doable.
This solution still make it impossible for "no level ups" challenge, also i don't see how this scroll's behaivor could be documented in game. Still i'm thinking about rings/amulets... What if trinkets which protect from death/eradication will have charges, which consumed each time, when player protected from these effects? And when all charges are consumed, item disappears making character vulnerable again.
You could just combine that with the existing mechanic - wands. Have defensive wands. :D :D
Also a lot of the in-game descriptions needs updating. I heard for example the attribute description still refer to the MM8 classes only.
Rodril wrote:
Jezebeth Noir wrote:What do you think about making liches, vampires and maybe dark elves a bonus race, not available on start? Human (of any class) could become a lich or vampire as a race promotion, while elves will become dark elves. This races in comparison to other is too strong and too cool. Maybe it even makes sense to think about promotion to dragon race... :)
This promotion system have sense, but i am not sure if MM lore accepts this: there were not any signs of dark elves being more powerfull than Avlee-one, while dark dwarves were even physically weaker than their Erathian brothers. Also, this system would change game balance a lot, while i'd like to keep it close to original.
I'm glad we share that notion.
Rodril wrote:
Maslyonok wrote:I have a request: put my translation in main post, please.
Shall i add it as separate link, or shall i merge it with existing localization?
Merge it. It's a fixed version / he made corrections, etc. It's in the Content Implementation Queue on the Tracker.

Return to “Might and Magic”