Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
KankiBoldman
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Unread postby KankiBoldman » 27 Aug 2019, 14:22

The feel when I lurk this page everyday after work, daily hype! :P

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 27 Aug 2019, 20:10

DaveHer wrote: :gong:
Hey, do you still remember seeing or maybe even seeing assets for Ghost Dragons as monsters I've linked in Templayer's Tracker?

Feel free to use them in your own mod as well! ;) :D :D
Yes?

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 28 Aug 2019, 00:05

SpectralDragon wrote:
DaveHer wrote: :gong:
Hey, do you still remember seeing or maybe even seeing assets for Ghost Dragons as monsters I've linked in Templayer's Tracker?

Feel free to use them in your own mod as well! ;) :D :D
Thanks. I have finish CCR and it has been uploaded to the Nexus. I think it is a good idea of your offer. Do your Ghost Dragons have all the necessity frames for the animation. Also I would have to provide a patch as an option. The mod has a thread @ https://www.celestialheavens.com/forum/10/17010 You may want to go there to discuss things like this. There are three patches for the mod. One is an option patch. Again thanks and if I use them you will get credit for them. :-D
David Hernandez

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 28 Aug 2019, 06:41

DaveHer wrote:Thanks. I have finish CCR and it has been uploaded to the Nexus. I think it is a good idea of your offer. Do your Ghost Dragons have all the necessity frames for the animation. Also I would have to provide a patch as an option. The mod has a thread @ https://www.celestialheavens.com/forum/10/17010 You may want to go there to discuss things like this. There are three patches for the mod. One is an option patch. Again thanks and if I use them you will get credit for them. :-D
David Hernandez
Got it and yes, Monster Ghost Dragon .zip that I'll link to you there have all necessary keyframe animations as well as some textfiles that describe my potential ideas of where they might be (in MMMerge context), their potential stats and tiers (all my ideas, so they're changeable no problem :D ) and lore behind them (yes, based on Heroes III again, but so are Ghost Dragons as characters because I hadn't seen Zombie Dragons in overall lore of Enroth, Erathia or Jadame ^^; ).

Boy, if I'd be able to make a mod myself (no idea how to do mods at all), I'd do both "Dragons of Enroth" and "Uncommon Undead" mods, which would do exactly what they say on the tin. ^^;
Yes?

Dess
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Dess » 28 Aug 2019, 06:46

Just got a new computer and reinstalled this again, but now most of the dialogue options doesnt work, like turning in the letter in MM6 and the scavanger hunt in MM7 making me unable to progress those areas, I recall someone else having this issue, but I cant seem to find it or a fix, any kind sould that can help me out?

EDIT: Did a clean install and didnt apply the latest Grayface patch, seems to be working now
Last edited by Dess on 28 Aug 2019, 07:07, edited 1 time in total.

equs
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby equs » 28 Aug 2019, 08:37

So, Rodril doesn't support this project at the moment right? What is happened, do someone know? And do someone still work on it? sorry a long time since I was here the last time. tried to search for this but didn't find answeres.

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 28 Aug 2019, 08:52

equs wrote:So, Rodril doesn't support this project at the moment right? What is happened, do someone know? And do someone still work on it? sorry a long time since I was here the last time. tried to search for this but didn't find answeres.
When it comes to me, I don't know what happened to Rodril as well and I kind of doubt others would know just as well except if they/we get any further word from him himself. ^^; It's planned that as soon as autumn comes either GrayFace or Templayer will take over this project, with GrayFace being more likely to do that.
Yes?

equs
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby equs » 28 Aug 2019, 09:19

SpectralDragon wrote:
equs wrote:So, Rodril doesn't support this project at the moment right? What is happened, do someone know? And do someone still work on it? sorry a long time since I was here the last time. tried to search for this but didn't find answeres.
When it comes to me, I don't know what happened to Rodril as well and I kind of doubt others would know just as well except if they/we get any further word from him himself. ^^; It's planned that as soon as autumn comes either GrayFace or Templayer will take over this project, with GrayFace being more likely to do that.
Thanks for the quick reply. Good to hear that, would be very sad if this great project will be abandoned. Thank you very much Templayer and GrayFace. You are our last hope :tsup:

alekssandros
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby alekssandros » 28 Aug 2019, 13:51

i'm having a strange issue

Every time I go to a vendor or chat with NPC the "mouse lock" remains deativated and now I can reactivate it with mouse middle button.

Dunno if I pressed some key I didn't know looking for some keys I changed before in-game or is just a bug :wall:
Last edited by alekssandros on 28 Aug 2019, 13:54, edited 2 times in total.

justl
Demon
Demon

Unread postby justl » 28 Aug 2019, 20:48

SpectralDragon wrote: ... and yes, I still wish to know what the hell am I supposed to do when it comes to warp changing armor and apparel (hats, cloaks ...) assets to fit MM8 ragdolls. (facepalm) :D :D
i second that ... no one does a how-to, or what programs to use ... there probably would be a lot more people helping, if they only knew
V2: Compendium of mm6-8 Secrets + Details about the base merge and DaveHer's redone merge (its in english!)
https://www.mightandmagicworld.de/fileb ... index.html

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 29 Aug 2019, 02:36

SpectralDragon wrote:
Back at the other thread there is a link with folds that shows you step by step as to how to put the items I made for CCR into the merge which is the same procedure for making mods. :-D
David Hernandez

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 29 Aug 2019, 08:29

DaveHer wrote:Back at the other thread there is a link with folds that shows you step by step as to how to put the items I made for CCR into the merge which is the same procedure for making mods. :-D
David Hernandez
Ok, thank you. :D Talk about being noob/rookie friendly and I cannot thank you enough for this, as I can imagine that editing a mod is just as tough as building a mod from scratch. Both this one and yours show it. ;) :tsup:
Yes?

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 29 Aug 2019, 10:33

SpectralDragon wrote:
DaveHer wrote:Back at the other thread there is a link with folds that shows you step by step as to how to put the items I made for CCR into the merge which is the same procedure for making mods. :-D
David Hernandez
Ok, thank you. :D Talk about being noob/rookie friendly and I cannot thank you enough for this, as I can imagine that editing a mod is just as tough as building a mod from scratch. Both this one and yours show it. ;) :tsup:
Your Welcome.
David

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Rodril » 29 Aug 2019, 12:19

Hello.
Sorry for not being active for so long, i had a lot of RL stuff suddenly dropping on me: from work projects to brother asking to watch his children.
Thank you very much for keeping tracker alive. I have not read new forum pages yet, but i checked new section of bug tracker.

Code: Select all

1. The input parser seems to be broken for a lot of things. Like in the Breach, answering riddles, etc. usually entered answers are not accepted, and it takes 20+ attempts to break through it.
Breach riddles have been fixed, i will add it in next update. Are there other spots where does parser glitch?

2. Invisible blockers.
This is known issue since day one, though i still have not found straight solution. If any map becomes broken because of it, let me know.

3. Making a working download that is not broken.
What exactly is broken? Game files are updated to latest version already. I'm able to download them and make mod work.

5. There are some stairs in the Breach that aren't working, thus breaking the progress for parties that cannot fly and do not go there with a scroll of flight.
I've tried to design these maps to be passable without fly at all. What problems do you hit? Here are videos of how i expected to pass jump puzzles:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/85pt914dk6cil ... e.mp4?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/36rv4j8qhj1yk ... e.mp4?dl=0

6. Andrey: Lost expert leather, and got level 5 instead of 4.

I could not reproduce it yet.

7. Faced such a problem that the game displays only the first paragraph of the Verdant's text about The Breach.
I see topics are localizated. Did you try to enter this topic without localization? Does problem persist?

8. The bug from very old times. Especially annoying in solo play, but can cause problems for any party too.
Monsters fight 2 vs 1.
Two dealing a killing blow simultaneously.
One hit goes to kill a monster, another goes to you, including bad effects.
I could not reproduce this issue yet, but i must admit that instant death/eradication makes almost impossible to complete game with party without casters. Even magic protection scrolls won't protect party due to spells being casted on master level (grandmaster required for protection from death/eradication). I tried to start full melee party without mages/clerics, and i failed hardly trying to pass vyverns on the way to Titan's stronghold in Avlee. I'm thinking about ways to limit these effects. Maybe make them melee-only, or make additional special bonus for items, which will protect from instant death/eradication (like protection from petrification). What do you think about it?

Can not comment rest bugs yet.

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 29 Aug 2019, 14:37

Rodril wrote: :gong:
Am I glad to see you again! :hug: :hug: We all were (and some still are) worrying that you wouldn't make it until autumn when it comes to further bug fixes and updates, we already have plans going on shifting leadership of this mod to either Templayer or GrayFace. Maybe you could give authorization of being a co-creator of this mod to one of these 2 in case cases like this happen again? (thinking)

That aside, at least in my case, I'm still keeping things fairly consistent and yes, still keeping both visual and vocal assets for all "uncommon Undead" (Dracoliches, Ghost Dragons, Minotaur Liches + Zombies) as well as Black Dragon (I don't think it needs vocal assets, it can sound like the Red one for all I know about) in case you'd need direct downloads for them (Black Dragon is optional content again). Fair warning, Black Dragon is missing its NPC icon because Jamesx for some reason didn't manage to port it into the game. ^^; Source assets for the Black Dragon still have it though, so if you know how to port these source assets into the game, then no problem for me in linking them. :)

Currently I'm working on a Zombie Troll, only mandatory "hole filler" left for this mod when it comes to me (as "uncommon Liches" are optional content again). Once you manage to find images in there feel free to comment on them.

I have a question regarding transformations though: do you know how do transformations (like living to Zombie, Zombie to living and living to Lich) work in the game? I (and probably some other people) wish to make sure they don't glitch themselves once the conditions for the transformation have been met, both in visual and vocal department. ^^;
Yes?

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 29 Aug 2019, 14:49

@ Rodril
Hello Glade you are back. :-D The Chaos Conspiracy Redone mod is finished and has been upload to the Nexus. I want to put the Ghost Dragons that SpectralDragon gave to use in that mod but I need to know where is the sound track for the monsters of MM8. MM6 and MM7 have a sound folder but MM8 does not. Again Glade you are back. :-D :tsup:
David Hernandez

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 29 Aug 2019, 16:53

equs wrote:
SpectralDragon wrote:
Thanks for the quick reply. Good to hear that, would be very sad if this great project will be abandoned. Thank you very much Templayer and GrayFace. You are our last hope :tsup:
Looks like Obiwan and Luke won't have to take over the Force, because Anakin has returned to the Light!
DaveHer wrote:
Templayer wrote:
DaveHer wrote:Yes they were corrected quit some time ago. They are in the files that I told you to put into your copy of the merge and check them out. If you approve I will make the images for the tracker. Also on page 181 there is a post with a link for the images of MM7 belts for the tracker.
David
I have it, I just don't want to repeat the process multiple times.
Also at the point at which I am already in the game with the belts on my characters, making images from it for the Tracker is trivial. It's not as if I haven't been making videos on youtube at least each week for the past TEN YEARS, is it? :D :D
I need to explain something. I do not know if I can, but here it goes. The original women's belts from MM7 are very bad and they are the belts you have in your copy of the merge and I got those from an original MM7 game. I decided to fix that. The women's belts for MM7 that I fixed are in the images that are on that link that I provided for the tracker. Look at it again and see what you think. To me they look 100% better then the originals. If you agree I need to send you the images so you can put them in the bitmaps.lod file. Again the Women's Belts for MM7 that you have are the orininals which I think are very bad.
David :)
I would be against replacing the sprites - we need it as an option, not just replace them.
SpectralDragon wrote:Don´t worry, my friends, newcomers, lurkers and others in here, I hadn´t left this project in dust at all unlike some people, no matter the crazy amount of new bugs and hickeys and whatnot (and then it˙s seen as completed! (roll eyes)). I still have a Troll Zombie to take care of when it comes to the base game (Troll Lich and probably 2 other Dragons for the expanded Unlocker/Unlocked one) after all ... and I still need to have a NPC icon for a Black Dragon to be converted to this game because Jamesx somehow forgot it when I linked him the completed Black Dragon assets (you can check on these assets yourself, Templayer, hopefully links for the game-converted Black Dragon assets still work. Mine sure do and I˙ve added a NPC icon asset for the Black Dragon in there, ha ha ha. ^^;; ). I just got drafted into areas beyond my control, ´sall ...
... and when the new leadership for this mod will be announced, go ahead and tell me about it as well. I˙ll link them completed assets no problem, ones that don˙t have any links anywhere, that is. :P

Once autumn strikes, I˙m coming as well ... and yes, I still wish to know what the hell am I supposed to do when it comes to warp changing armor and apparel (hats, cloaks ...) assets to fit MM8 ragdolls. (facepalm) :D :D
The new leadership is the old leadership. :D
Rodril wrote:Hello.
Sorry for not being active for so long, i had a lot of RL stuff suddenly dropping on me: from work projects to brother asking to watch his children.
Thank you very much for keeping tracker alive. I have not read new forum pages yet, but i checked new section of bug tracker.

1. The input parser seems to be broken for a lot of things. Like in the Breach, answering riddles, etc. usually entered answers are not accepted, and it takes 20+ attempts to break through it.
Breach riddles have been fixed, i will add it in next update. Are there other spots where does parser glitch?

2. Invisible blockers.
This is known issue since day one, though i still have not found straight solution. If any map becomes broken because of it, let me know.

3. Making a working download that is not broken.
What exactly is broken? Game files are updated to latest version already. I'm able to download them and make mod work.

5. There are some stairs in the Breach that aren't working, thus breaking the progress for parties that cannot fly and do not go there with a scroll of flight.
I've tried to design these maps to be passable without fly at all. What problems do you hit? Here are videos of how i expected to pass jump puzzles:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/85pt914dk6cil ... e.mp4?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/36rv4j8qhj1yk ... e.mp4?dl=0

6. Andrey: Lost expert leather, and got level 5 instead of 4.

I could not reproduce it yet.

7. Faced such a problem that the game displays only the first paragraph of the Verdant's text about The Breach.
I see topics are localizated. Did you try to enter this topic without localization? Does problem persist?

8. The bug from very old times. Especially annoying in solo play, but can cause problems for any party too.
Monsters fight 2 vs 1.
Two dealing a killing blow simultaneously.
One hit goes to kill a monster, another goes to you, including bad effects.
I could not reproduce this issue yet, but i must admit that instant death/eradication makes almost impossible to complete game with party without casters. Even magic protection scrolls won't protect party due to spells being casted on master level (grandmaster required for protection from death/eradication). I tried to start full melee party without mages/clerics, and i failed hardly trying to pass vyverns on the way to Titan's stronghold in Avlee. I'm thinking about ways to limit these effects. Maybe make them melee-only, or make additional special bonus for items, which will protect from instant death/eradication (like protection from petrification). What do you think about it?

Can not comment rest bugs yet.
0. Yaay, so you didn't get ran over by a car! :D :D (seriously though - it would've taken seconds to go here, say "I wasn't here for a few weeks now, I might not be here for some time" and leave.)

1. Yes, there were more spots, so we actually thought the parser was broken globally, thus we didn't really make a list of where it occurs because well, it seemed to be happening everywhere where a parser was...

2. This is quite an issue, some dungeons are almost unfinishable due to entire hallways / corridors sometimes being blocked off. You should work together with GrayFace to solve the problem, he has been quite active on the project and forum.

3. It is broken. Didn't work at all for quite a few people. And the instructions lead to a broken version for everyone (two steps have to be changed for it to actually work). I talked about GrayFace and this project needs an installer ASAP. Or at least a SINGLE PACKAGE DOWNLOAD. No more base and update packages! Just ONE package (as an option, at least) that is always upkept to the newest version. So people can just download -> extract -> run, nothing more. As you can see, this has been quite frustrating, since I had to write what feels like hundreds of posts replying to people telling us that the download is broken (and we didn't have the rights to edit the first post and replace it with a working version!). :tsdown:

7. Problem occurs even without localization.

8. GrayFace might fix that bug. Also maybe from ... let's say level 30 characters should cast GM level spells from scrolls instead of M. This would make it doable.

There is a Content Implementation Queue on the tracker, which tracks files and info about content that can be incorporated into the Merge. After fixing the worst glitches, of course.

And hey, welcome back. Been hell without you. :tsup:
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

Dedicated MMMerge Forum (Bug Tracker included): shorturl.at/lryAF

Jezebeth Noir
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Jezebeth Noir » 29 Aug 2019, 17:47

What do you think about making liches, vampires and maybe dark elves a bonus race, not available on start? Human (of any class) could become a lich or vampire as a race promotion, while elves will become dark elves. This races in comparison to other is too strong and too cool. Maybe it even makes sense to think about promotion to dragon race... :)
Last edited by Jezebeth Noir on 29 Aug 2019, 17:49, edited 1 time in total.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 29 Aug 2019, 17:56

Jezebeth Noir wrote:What do you think about making liches, vampires and maybe dark elves a bonus race, not available on start? Human (of any class) could become a lich or vampire as a race promotion, while elves will become dark elves. This races in comparison to other is too strong and too cool. Maybe it ever make a sense to think about promotion to dragon race... :)
Makes no sense. We cannot enforce it on the base merge, and if we have done that as an option... anyone can already do that as an optional thing already.
So there is a no about enforcing it on everyone by putting it into a base merge, and a no about making it an optional thing, since it already is.
It would be nice to have quests to become vampires, though. Even though GDSpectra refuses to paint vampiric versions of all the paperdolls. :D :D

Also Dark Elves are born that way, except for the first generation which were elves that played with dark magic, if I remember the lore correctly.
By the way if you use the optional modification for Racial Skills (which replace Racial Classes, even though those are not removed), other races have racial skills too to compensate and balance things a bit.
Goblins were the hardest to balance - result: alchemy expertise raised due to their shamanistic tendencies, thieving because they steal sh-it and armsmaster, because they're used to scavenging and using a wide variety of scavenged / worn out weapons and armour. If I remember correctly.

EDIT: Oh wait, you probably meant that question for Rodril. I am way too used to being referred to as "...you..." in posts. :D :D :D
Last edited by Templayer on 29 Aug 2019, 17:58, edited 1 time in total.
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

Dedicated MMMerge Forum (Bug Tracker included): shorturl.at/lryAF

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 29 Aug 2019, 18:02

@Templay
I was not talking about replacing sprites. I was talking about replacing MM7 women's belts because they look bad. Read it again carefully. If your talking about the ghost dragon that was meant for the CCR not the merge. :)
David
Last edited by DaveHer on 29 Aug 2019, 18:12, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Might and Magic”