Expert Quests: Battle and Color Guide

Mobile game by Jon Van Caneghem studio VC Mobile Entertainment. Beautiful offspring with Might & Magic touch. All your quests lead to adventure!
Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Re: Expert Quests: Battle and Color Guide

Unread postby Panda Tar » 02 Jul 2019, 00:39

So, we get Thanatos as one of the rewards?
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 02 Jul 2019, 08:57

No need for dupes. We have Reaper as a PoTD already, with all of this info. Though as text only.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Galaad
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Galaad » 02 Jul 2019, 09:00

@Panda

Yep
Pol wrote:No need for dupes. We have Reaper as a PoTD already, with all of this info. Though as text only.
Ah I missed that. :)

wimfrits
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby wimfrits » 02 Jul 2019, 12:03

Got one :)

Rough battle. And the ugly thing is that you may still die at the Red HP breakpoint, despite how well you are doing. I updated my post
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

wimfrits
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby wimfrits » 18 Jul 2019, 17:34

Went from 4 to 3 to 1 attempt, but it is still nerve wrecking.

If you need inspiration for the other 6 battles, I included my genie teams in the guidance post

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 18 Jul 2019, 22:15

I am simply going for 500 totems. Didn't even try Demigod again yet. Not really inspired right now.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 21 Jul 2019, 07:10

I'm in the same boat like Panda. No time for higher difficulties - 500 totems one goes easy always and as a plus I need totems.

Generally for lower difficulties (till Immortal ?) is possible to suppress Reaper's first attack wave simply by stun and silence. So you will avoid all that debuff, buff and mana stealing. It does help a lot.

Having white combo army and white shrine 30 can be one of the keys to victory.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 25 Aug 2019, 20:43

Hmm, I tried a change with Immortal difficulty to get some Mythical Idols but nothing. This is painful, considering that I need to burn diamonds in shrines and repeat battle like 4-5x.
(Thus sent complain to CQ support.)

As for future, I'm planning to go with Valkyrie, as bonuses stay and are pretty helpful. ATM she's third in my upgrade tree. Of course, topping white shrine, must go with it.

--------------
Thanatos Death Wish may fail. This is matter of your luck, in such case most or your HP are deduced but units is remaining alive. One would guess that Gold "Self cleanse on primary attack", and also "Heal all at Deathblow" will come handy here.

These Gold Enchants seems like most useful:
Slot|Name|Effect
1 - Courage of Bison: Grants protection from debuffs 23-30%
2 - Badger: Grants extra dmg vs Large or Boss 20-25%
3 - Pack: Grants 31-40% Heal all on Deatblow (shall works vs summoned spawns)
3 - Lizard: Grants 13-15% chance to cleanse one debuff on primary attack
4 - Buffalo: Grants 40-50% to combo multiplier dmg
4 - Viper: Grants 13-15% chance to detonate DoTs on primary attack

Note: That's just per chance to get them, re-rolling can cost you a small fortune. You have been warned!
Last edited by Pol on 25 Aug 2019, 21:00, edited 2 times in total.
"We made it!"

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 26 Aug 2019, 02:08

I just don't think getting those Mythical idols pays the pain to get them. I got them twice, and not even once got lucky with Legendary. Even one of those times having an active Summoning event. So, 500 totems all the way for a while now. Rewards and achievements in this game are not rambunctious.

wimfrits
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby wimfrits » 26 Aug 2019, 08:25

Not that fond (or lucky) with Mythic idols either :)
500 totems seems the best run for effort involved.

I do Deity level with boosted Leg, White, Black and Red. And am trying to reduce things further.

On enchants: I think the ones you would normally want are most useful. +HP, +key stat, etc. Additionally, damage reduction can help (from special abilities, from debuffed enemies, etc)

As the fight is so long, every one of your units will probably die at some point. It doesn't matter that much if you do that extra bit of damage.
You need to have a rhythm. Need to be prepared for anything Thanatos throws at you. You can't depend on enchants for that

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 26 Aug 2019, 09:27

I was lucky and was doing that before. The positive side of getting Idols instead of totems is that you have also higher probability for 4D. In that sense that you have additional summons.

Enchants are very important, though, to keep rhytm is the most important. With right enchants, this is much easier.

It may took me around 2 months to get ready my Valkyrie and White Shrine. Currently thinking of Medusa, Red Dragon, Valkyrie, Asura, Mino. Reaper is HP based, so something simple with fatique could also work. Albeit I haven't much luck with Baroness (as of sticking fatique, critical works nicely), as fatique is her second strike only. FA Megalodon + Ifrit could be helpful, perhaps..

In other words, this is buff and debuff battle. Add yourself attack + power, strip him of defense and hp, add some protection + natural resistance and it shall be piece of cake. ;)

@wimfrits
In long run, +key stats are less useful than what I listed. FE dots dmg multiple is always more than PWR bonus. This is the most striking example. Though I like ATK + LUCK buffs. Especially for ATK and LUCK based creatures.
Last edited by Pol on 26 Aug 2019, 09:37, edited 5 times in total.
"We made it!"

wimfrits
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby wimfrits » 26 Aug 2019, 10:57

The thing is that luck or chance based enchants will help a couple of times. Let's say a random 20 out of the 100 times.
Meaning you still need to be able to deal with the remaining 80 times. And if you can already deal with those, then you don't need chance to deal with the additional 20.

Same for heal on deathblow. While this works really well vs summons, you can't count on Thanatos to summon to manage your health. Meaning you need to be able to keep your health up in absence of summons. And if you can, heal on deathblow is nothing but an extra comfort.

Dots multiplier bonus is really strong. This does mean that your unit is less equipped as Dungeon boss.
And, as the fight takes so long anyway, it will not make that much difference in the end.
One exception: if you depend on dots multiplier to deal with the summons: go for it.

You're not actively damaging Thanatos. You're playing to survive. And while doing so, Thanatos gets damaged ;)
Last edited by wimfrits on 26 Aug 2019, 11:01, edited 1 time in total.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 26 Aug 2019, 11:05

If I will ever come to ideal setup, I will show you. This comparision could be fun. :p

Or, which is simpler, for record, how long takes your fight?

And once I will be done I will tell you how long took mine. :D
At least few months waiting will be necessary..
"We made it!"

wimfrits
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby wimfrits » 26 Aug 2019, 12:50

Fight now takes between 15 and 25 minutes.
Wildly guessing that amounts to roughly 500 combat rounds.

Yes, let me know :)
But note that options for tactics are reduced as difficulty level increases. So you need to share your Deity level results ;)
Last edited by wimfrits on 26 Aug 2019, 12:52, edited 2 times in total.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 26 Aug 2019, 14:51

Dealt! I'm not going to fight over 5min. So it will be either within or nothing. In language of CQ, I'm somewhat 35 GE away from it... :P
"We made it!"

wimfrits
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby wimfrits » 31 Aug 2019, 08:25

I found a 4d Colossus the other day and used it on Demigod instead of the Oathkeeper. Fight was over in around 10 minutes, though HP management became more of an issue.

Once I have a built up Anubis I'll check if I can speed up Deity as well

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 31 Aug 2019, 11:15

Yes. Colossus shall not be forgotten. One of ideal units vs Thanos Thanatos! ;)

Oh, and they send me my 5 Idols. CQ support is nice.
Last edited by Pol on 31 Aug 2019, 11:16, edited 1 time in total.
"We made it!"

Return to “Creature Quest”