New King's Bounty 2 on the horizont!

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
{CH}ArticleBot
CH News Reporter
CH News Reporter

New King's Bounty 2 on the horizont!

Unread postby {CH}ArticleBot » 18 Aug 2019, 22:21

King's Bounty 2 Announced

1C Entertainment brings back King's Bounty. Whereas core part remains, this is not true for our heroes or heoriness. Much more things changed.

Fighting on polygons, in fresh new land of Antara, is in. Creating, upgrading and fine tunning your squads is all anew.

Add dynamically generated battlefields, where you are supposed to use random terrain (obstacles) to your advantage. (How many times I heard that?) And allll of that will be served in semi-realistic 3D.

Take a look at this cinematic trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/fn6h4lLEpp0

If you are eager to see it in action, and have a way around Cologne at Gamescon, head to Hall 10.1 at 20.–24.08.2019.

King's Bounty 2 is due out in 2020.

Minimal requirements are just preliminary. There they are:
  • Windows 64bits
  • Quad-core processor with minimu frequencey 2.5GHz
  • nVidia Geforce 470GTX or Radeon 6870HD
  • that could translate to GTX 1050 or AMD RX 570).
Egine is UE4.

Game will be ready for PC, PS4 and Xbox One. 

Links: www | Discord | Twitter | FB | VK | Steam

Finally it seems like something worthwhile to wait for! Were you here? Share your impressions!
Read full article...
Last edited by Pol on 19 Aug 2019, 08:29, edited 1 time in total.
CH First Mechanized Brigade - Newspapers Lieutenant
Submit Map | Maps | Walkthroughs | Downloads

Pol
Admin
Admin

Re: New King's Bounty 2 on the horizont!

Unread postby Pol » 20 Aug 2019, 16:19

@KingsBountyGame
1C is showcasing King's Bounty II for the first time ever to the public! See them at their booth - Hall 10.1, Booth A20

Blake
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Blake » 24 Aug 2019, 09:53

Oh man.. thank you SO MUCH for posting this Pol. I did not know about this so I'm mega excited!

Some of the screenshots are just stunning!!! Looks like they've gone in a very serious and high quality graphic direction as I can see multiple gameplay and graphical influences from Mount & Blade and The Witcher 3. Very excited about this one!

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Blake's Sanctum - Heroes of Might & Magic: fan page containing pictures, vids, info, similar games & fan projects!

Maslyonok
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Maslyonok » 24 Aug 2019, 11:01

Did they really turn the magnificent fairy-tale world into a harsh reality? Turned my beautiful Kings Bounty into another generic medieval world?
The main feature of the game was its mesmerizing fabulousness in a compartment with good humor and an interesting plot. Judging by this trailer, now this is gone.
First we buried the M&M world, then HoMM series, and now Kings Bounty?
Gentlemen, I'm scared. I hope that everything will not be as bad as I imagine. :rip:

Blake
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Blake » 24 Aug 2019, 13:04

Maslyonok wrote:Did they really turn the magnificent fairy-tale world into a harsh reality? Turned my beautiful Kings Bounty into another generic medieval world?
The main feature of the game was its mesmerizing fabulousness in a compartment with good humor and an interesting plot. Judging by this trailer, now this is gone.
Gentlemen, I'm scared. I hope that everything will not be as bad as I imagine. :rip:
Possibly.. although it is being made by the same people so there may still be lots of humour there.

As for the look they probably felt a big change was needed as they kinda did the old formula to death haha. I mean think about it.. After releasing King's Bounty The Legend they did Armored Princess, Crossworlds, Warriors of the North, Ice & Fire, Dark Side, and the online KB Legions. Some of those were standalone sequel like releases and continued the cartoonish graphics and humour. If they'd just done that yet again I'm not sure if anyone outside of their core fan base would have noticed lol.

Whereas this very different looking sequel has already been covered on multiple large media sites and is getting some good attention and traction likely due to the new look. So if it plays well they just might have themselves another winner and an expanded fan base!
Last edited by Blake on 24 Aug 2019, 13:07, edited 1 time in total.
Blake's Sanctum - Heroes of Might & Magic: fan page containing pictures, vids, info, similar games & fan projects!

Maslyonok
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Maslyonok » 24 Aug 2019, 13:43

Blake wrote:
Maslyonok wrote:Did they really turn the magnificent fairy-tale world into a harsh reality? Turned my beautiful Kings Bounty into another generic medieval world?
Possibly.. although it is being made by the same people so there may still be lots of humour there.

As for the look they probably felt a big change was needed as they kinda did the old formula to death haha. I mean think about it.. After releasing King's Bounty The Legend they did Armored Princess, Crossworlds, Warriors of the North, Ice & Fire, Dark Side, and the online KB Legions. Some of those were standalone sequel like releases and continued the cartoonish graphics and humour. If they'd just done that yet again I'm not sure if anyone outside of their core fan base would have noticed lol.

Whereas this very different looking sequel has already been covered on multiple large media sites and is getting some good attention and traction likely due to the new look. So if it plays well they just might have themselves another winner and an expanded fan base!
I can’t say for everyone, but the Russian community (as far as I heard) does not approve of such an alteration and will definitely miss the "cartoonish graphics". This is the calling card of the whole series, which can not be just thrown overboard!

As for the graphics, it looks like the developers used "99 models in a medieval-setting-style for your first game on Unity3D". I don't impressed, really.
I still hope that the game will not be designed only for tons of money, as it happening with games recently. Maybe they should add battle royal to expand the fan base, mmm? no, they shouldn't

Blake
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Blake » 24 Aug 2019, 14:27

hahaha.. I think the art style looks very Witcher 3 and Mount & Blade.. those games were popular in Russia weren't they?

But yeah there's so little in the trailer in regards to other worlds/realms, races and fantasy units so hopefully more will be revealed soon. I was lurking around their new website and if you go to the 'Lore' and then 'Blight' section you can see background video that shows off some nice cursed undead video sequences not used in the trailer.
https://kingsbounty2.com/en/

Last edited by Blake on 24 Aug 2019, 14:27, edited 1 time in total.

Maslyonok
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Maslyonok » 24 Aug 2019, 14:46

Blake wrote:hahaha.. I think the art style looks very Witcher 3 and Mount & Blade.. those games were popular in Russia weren't they?

But yeah there's so little in the trailer in regards to other worlds/realms, races and fantasy units so hopefully more will be revealed soon. I was lurking around their new website and if you go to the 'Lore' and then 'Blight' section you can see background video that shows off some nice cursed undead video sequences not used in the trailer.
https://kingsbounty2.com/en/

Of course, this games are pretty popular, but... let be Witcher be Witcher? If I want to play cool fantasy-fairy-tale world, I launch KB. And I aint want any BRUTAL realism in this game.
However, graphics isn't essential, yep? I hope, this game will be great. :)

BB Shockwave
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby BB Shockwave » 24 Aug 2019, 15:02

I have seen this already. Honestly? Not really hopeful. I don't like the designs being all super accurate medieval. This seems low-fantasy, like Game of Thrones or Witcher, where magic and elves and dragons are more like an afterthought. And we have seen where low fantasy human family/kingdom stories lead... the worst most boring HoMM game story ever, M&M Heroes VI.
I noticed also that units have troops, same as in the Age of Wonders games. As for the "battlefield changes depending on where you fight', that's not a new feature, the old games had it too.
I am only hoping that Katauri's old team is making this, not the incompetents who made the Vikings and the Dark Side expansions.

BB Shockwave
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby BB Shockwave » 24 Aug 2019, 18:15

Well, I fear that too. This does not look very good, honestly. The units shown in the screenshot section are all various human ones - archer, pikemen, swordsmen -and they honestly all look very boring and real-life-medieval.

But not all is lost on the classic TBS front. Age of Wonders is alive and thriving. I can really, really recommend Planetfall. It is awesome. To think that unlike Heroes, that series stayed true to its roots for more than two decades now. The first game came out in 1999 and the newest one still uses the same hex system and overall rules, just spiced things up with improvements.
Last edited by BB Shockwave on 24 Aug 2019, 18:17, edited 1 time in total.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 24 Aug 2019, 19:36

First, it's a good sign, tht 1C continues in the series. There were many calls for another King's Bounty, and as we see, they were heard. And I think that they started nicely, Gamescon with show and stuff around it, including merch, which can gave you the game for free. This game must been long in the development. And such a silence, till now!

Second I would wait with any final verdict, until I will have the game in my hands. Certainly this is diversion, from how was KB felt. If that will be time-eater I'm out (like for H7). For younger peeps it might be still an interesting game. Time have different value, as you are getting older.

There are questions. Many questions, like if the game will be having Map & Campaign editor, KB had it but nobody used that. Due to poor design and failed support. That was unfortunate.

Lastly there still be games alike M&M mind stream, putting emphasis on enticing content and not on realistic 3D graphic. Which usually consumes what could be good from the rest of the game.
Last edited by Pol on 24 Aug 2019, 19:39, edited 1 time in total.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

BB Shockwave
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby BB Shockwave » 13 Feb 2020, 22:00

So anyone knows where the old King's Bounty forums have gone? They seem to be unavailable now...

Blake
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Blake » 14 Aug 2021, 08:27

Well this is about to be released soon.. latest trailer footage is looking very nice. Unlike the earlier footage that had people worried it was just a human fest there's plenty of monsters and 'other worldly' terrains from the looks of things. Lots of tough choices to be made too...

New gameplay trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmAqaw7TbDY

Gorgeous shots:

Last edited by Blake on 14 Aug 2021, 08:35, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “News”