Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Daedros
Scout
Scout

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Unread postby Daedros » 24 Aug 2019, 06:43

Jezebeth Noir wrote:One more thing: I lack adventure inn in Erathia. It might be worth putting it right in the Harmondale castle.
The Adventurer's Inn is located in Tatalia on Antagarich. But yeah, i second having an Adventurer's Inn in Castle Harmondale. Tatalia is a location that you can't Town Portal to, it takes up a precious Lloyd's Beacon slot to teleport there. All other continents have a Adventurer's Inn that can be Town Portaled to, Ravenshore and Freehaven.
The Breach also has a Adventurer's Inn (at my suggestion) once you complete Verdant's questline, but it doesn't share a follower pool with Jadame, Antagarich, nor Enroth. Ideally, it should be linked to all Adventurer's Inns, it should be able to pull from all Adventurer's Inns, and they should be able to pull from it. After all, the Breach is a plane outside of normal time.
Last edited by Daedros on 24 Aug 2019, 06:59, edited 2 times in total.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 24 Aug 2019, 08:45

Daedros wrote:
Jezebeth Noir wrote:One more thing: I lack adventure inn in Erathia. It might be worth putting it right in the Harmondale castle.
The Adventurer's Inn is located in Tatalia on Antagarich. But yeah, i second having an Adventurer's Inn in Castle Harmondale. Tatalia is a location that you can't Town Portal to, it takes up a precious Lloyd's Beacon slot to teleport there. All other continents have a Adventurer's Inn that can be Town Portaled to, Ravenshore and Freehaven.
The Breach also has a Adventurer's Inn (at my suggestion) once you complete Verdant's questline, but it doesn't share a follower pool with Jadame, Antagarich, nor Enroth. Ideally, it should be linked to all Adventurer's Inns, it should be able to pull from all Adventurer's Inns, and they should be able to pull from it. After all, the Breach is a plane outside of normal time.
Added to the original suggestion by Jezebeth.
Maslyonok wrote:
Templayer wrote: EDIT: Feel free to elaborate upon that and I will put it into the Suggestion Tracker once you have a draft of the feature.
I will suggest a sequel of Verdant's and co. adventures :D
Maybe something about her background, about her research about other worlds, etc...
Or maybe additional quests related to the main storyline? For example, she will ask heroes to speak with the krigan's Queen instead of just killing her (the krigan's queen is need for some kind of research). In general, there are a lot of options! :-D

Я требую продолжения банкета!
I'm okay with that... once we solve the 38 pages of bugs. :D
Added to the Suggestion Tracker though.
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

Dedicated MMMerge Forum (Bug Tracker included): shorturl.at/lryAF

Jezebeth Noir
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Jezebeth Noir » 24 Aug 2019, 21:40

Trying the character creation unlocker and racial skills mods, and it looks very promising. A goblin-wannabe-troll was funny, a dwaf-dragon-disciple - funny and utterly worthless. But then I created a dark elf peasant, trained him to grand master of archery and racial skill, and turned to a vampire. Now i have the Nosferatu-grandmaster of archery and two racial skills. :) And the hell with balance, this game has never had it!

The new dragons is also very cool. I created a dragon sorcerer and intend to promote him to lich. Will he really became a lich, or it's not realized for now? And what about trolls and minotaurus sorcerers?

Btw, in which folder should I put the black dragon files to install it to my game?

I've for a long time wanted to play naga. Is it possible to make them a new playable race, like undead dragons? We already have the necromanstress with snake tattoos, it's the ideal face for the naga character, so we need only a paper-doll.
Last edited by Jezebeth Noir on 24 Aug 2019, 21:41, edited 1 time in total.

andrey
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby andrey » 25 Aug 2019, 00:28

Maslyonok wrote:I will suggest a sequel of Verdant's and co. adventures
Maybe something about her background, about her research about other worlds, etc...
Or maybe additional quests related to the main storyline? For example, she will ask heroes to speak with the krigan's Queen instead of just killing her (the krigan's queen is need for some kind of research). In general, there are a lot of options!
Would be good to put caves of the dragon riders to some good use. Or Agar's Lab, might be easier to create a story.
Jezebeth Noir wrote: I've for a long time wanted to play naga. Is it possible to make them a new playable race, like undead dragons? We already have the necromanstress with snake tattoos, it's the ideal face for the naga character, so we need only a paper-doll.
With 6 hands? Should look epic with M sword skill :-)

Jezebeth Noir
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Jezebeth Noir » 25 Aug 2019, 05:16

andrey wrote:With 6 hands? Should look epic with M sword skill :-)
It was even more awesome to use lots of different weapons. :-D
Last edited by Jezebeth Noir on 25 Aug 2019, 05:24, edited 2 times in total.

Jezebeth Noir
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Jezebeth Noir » 25 Aug 2019, 05:16

Jezebeth Noir wrote:
andrey wrote:With 6 hands? Should look epic with M sword skill :-)
It was even more awesome to use different weapons. :-D

Jezebeth Noir
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Jezebeth Noir » 25 Aug 2019, 05:17

Trying to edit my post, but what's going on?! :wall:
Last edited by Jezebeth Noir on 25 Aug 2019, 05:20, edited 1 time in total.

Daedros
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Daedros » 25 Aug 2019, 06:57

Jezebeth Noir wrote:Trying the character creation unlocker and racial skills mods, and it looks very promising. A goblin-wannabe-troll was funny, a dwaf-dragon-disciple - funny and utterly worthless. But then I created a dark elf peasant, trained him to grand master of archery and racial skill, and turned to a vampire. Now i have the Nosferatu-grandmaster of archery and two racial skills. :) And the hell with balance, this game has never had it!
Vampire Liches are also incredibly powerful. So long as you GM their Vampire skill before turning them into a Lich, they can use Mist Form to make themselves immune to Physical damage while still retaining the bulk of their own damage output (magic). The Physical immunity is incredibly useful, since the bulk of the damage in game is Physical (especially with bolstered mobs), and it helps counteract the downside of the -40 AC of the Staff of the Elements (i prefer Ethric's Staff on my Lich though). Vampire Priests can also make great use of Mist Form's Physical immunity.

Troll Monks and Knights are incredibly tanky with GM Regeneration. Dark Elf Thieves are flat out ridiculous with their high damage output in melee or ranged and their versatility.
Last edited by Daedros on 25 Aug 2019, 06:59, edited 3 times in total.

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 25 Aug 2019, 09:21

I had the idea of making racial skills flat boosts or penalties to skills so you can have a bigger variety of classes depending on race, but I was talked down. Turns out just having auto GM bow for Dark Elves is overpowered already :P

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 25 Aug 2019, 10:49

Jezebeth Noir wrote:Trying the character creation unlocker and racial skills mods, and it looks very promising. A goblin-wannabe-troll was funny, a dwaf-dragon-disciple - funny and utterly worthless. But then I created a dark elf peasant, trained him to grand master of archery and racial skill, and turned to a vampire. Now i have the Nosferatu-grandmaster of archery and two racial skills. :) And the hell with balance, this game has never had it!
EXACTLY. If someone has played the trilogy to death, doing this brings so much joy and invigorates it! I will add this to the Optional Modifications Tracker. :P
Jezebeth Noir wrote:The new dragons is also very cool. I created a dragon sorcerer and intend to promote him to lich. Will he really became a lich, or it's not realized for now? And what about trolls and minotaurus sorcerers?

Btw, in which folder should I put the black dragon files to install it to my game?
Unfortunately Rodril left when he was incorporating the Dragon Lich and the Ghost Dragon into the game. You can play with them with the Unlocker and the newest version of everything. I do not know if the Lich conversion actually works for Dragons. Minotaur Liches, Troll Liches and Black Dragons are not implemented yet, unfortunately. GrayFace will take the project soon, in autumn, so you can expect to have them then. (and then the UNDEAD SCOURGE WILL TAKE OVER ENROTH, MWAHAHAH). You can contact Jamesx and he will tell you how to implement them into the game (with no coding required), but if you do it that way then they will only be available on character creation (since changing on promotion would probably require coding)
Jezebeth Noir wrote:I've for a long time wanted to play naga. Is it possible to make them a new playable race, like undead dragons? We already have the necromanstress with snake tattoos, it's the ideal face for the naga character, so we need only a paper-doll.
GrayFace can code it for sure. If someone makes the paperdoll. I would love a Naga as well. If using a two-handed weapon, the hand right to the right of what is the bounding box of the hand that is being equipped would be used as well. If not available, use the hand left to the equipped hand.
Daedros wrote: Vampire Liches are also incredibly powerful. So long as you GM their Vampire skill before turning them into a Lich, they can use Mist Form to make themselves immune to Physical damage while still retaining the bulk of their own damage output (magic). The Physical immunity is incredibly useful, since the bulk of the damage in game is Physical (especially with bolstered mobs), and it helps counteract the downside of the -40 AC of the Staff of the Elements (i prefer Ethric's Staff on my Lich though). Vampire Priests can also make great use of Mist Form's Physical immunity.

Troll Monks and Knights are incredibly tanky with GM Regeneration. Dark Elf Thieves are flat out ridiculous with their high damage output in melee or ranged and their versatility.
I'll add this to the Tracker as a comment for the optional modification as well. Nice!

BMJedi
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby BMJedi » 25 Aug 2019, 16:59

I just wanted to say thank you for all this incredible work. I discovered it via a Let's Play on YouTube, so I installed it and starting playing starting on Enroth yesterday. It's incredible to see all the familiar places in beautiful widescreen aspect. I haven't played far enough yet to know whether I'll hit any game-stopping bugs, and there are very minor glitches so far, such as the character models not from MM8 don't say their combat lines, but the pluses far outweigh the minuses so far. I love that I can have more than two followers. :)
But by far the biggest reason to install and play the merge, in my opinion, is for the incredible graphical upgrade.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke, "Clarke's Third Law".

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 25 Aug 2019, 19:25

BMJedi wrote:I just wanted to say thank you for all this incredible work. I discovered it via a Let's Play on YouTube, so I installed it and starting playing starting on Enroth yesterday. It's incredible to see all the familiar places in beautiful widescreen aspect. I haven't played far enough yet to know whether I'll hit any game-stopping bugs, and there are very minor glitches so far, such as the character models not from MM8 don't say their combat lines, but the pluses far outweigh the minuses so far. I love that I can have more than two followers. :)
But by far the biggest reason to install and play the merge, in my opinion, is for the incredible graphical upgrade.
The graphical upgrade actually isn't from the Merge, but from the newer versions of GrayFace's Patch and Extension.
The additional UIs however are (the MM6 interface in MM8 was originally made by Vinevi for the Merge)

Be sure to check the Tracker. 150+ pages of information about the Merge. Optional modifications included (like the Character Creation Unlocker, which will enable the player to make insane race/class combinations, no matter the continent; and the Racial Skills replacement for Racial Classes, ....).
Last edited by Templayer on 25 Aug 2019, 19:27, edited 1 time in total.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 25 Aug 2019, 19:40

DaveHer wrote:@Templayer
Here is the link for the photos of the MM7 belts that's for the tracker: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1J5DhC ... _BQ5phJBtu
David
Have you fixed this? (the GoogleDocs formatting for columns tends to become corrupted, so I wish to avoid doing everything several times for no reason...)

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 25 Aug 2019, 20:02

Templayer wrote:
EXACTLY. If someone has played the trilogy to death, doing this brings so much joy and invigorates it! I will add this to the Optional Modifications Tracker. :P
Jezebeth Noir wrote:The new dragons is also very cool. I created a dragon sorcerer and intend to promote him to lich. Will he really became a lich, or it's not realized for now? And what about trolls and minotaurus sorcerers?

Unfortunately Rodril left when he was incorporating the Dragon Lich and the Ghost Dragon into the game. You can play with them with the Unlocker and the newest version of everything. I do not know if the Lich conversion actually works for Dragons. Minotaur Liches, Troll Liches and Black Dragons are not implemented yet, unfortunately. GrayFace will take the project soon, in autumn, so you can expect to have them then. (and then the UNDEAD SCOURGE WILL TAKE OVER ENROTH, MWAHAHAH). You can contact Jamesx and he will tell you how to implement them into the game (with no coding required), but if you do it that way then they will only be available on character creation (since changing on promotion would probably require coding)
Jezebeth Noir wrote:I've for a long time wanted to play naga. Is it possible to make them a new playable race, like undead dragons? We already have the necromanstress with snake tattoos, it's the ideal face for the naga character, so we need only a paper-doll.
GrayFace can code it for sure. If someone makes the paperdoll. I would love a Naga as well. If using a two-handed weapon, the hand right to the right of what is the bounding box of the hand that is being equipped would be used as well. If not available, use the hand left to the equipped hand.
Daedros wrote: Vampire Liches are also incredibly powerful. So long as you GM their Vampire skill before turning them into a Lich, they can use Mist Form to make themselves immune to Physical damage while still retaining the bulk of their own damage output (magic). The Physical immunity is incredibly useful, since the bulk of the damage in game is Physical (especially with bolstered mobs), and it helps counteract the downside of the -40 AC of the Staff of the Elements (i prefer Ethric's Staff on my Lich though). Vampire Priests can also make great use of Mist Form's Physical immunity.

I'll add this to the Tracker as a comment for the optional modification as well. Nice!
This was well worth it, even if Roticet back then spent whole pages berating people for using the Unlocker, outright attacking anyone who made or used optional content and wanted the game strictly not having any kind of stuff like that. I had to actually code an UserScript to block him from the forum (since the forum doesn't have a block function). Reading how people love the unlocker and the combinations they make and the fun they have with them is beautiful. :hug:

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 26 Aug 2019, 02:56

Templayer wrote:
Here is the link for the photos of the MM7 belts that's for the tracker: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1J5DhC ... _BQ5phJBtu
David
Have you fixed this? (the GoogleDocs formatting for columns tends to become corrupted, so I wish to avoid doing everything several times for no reason...)
Yes they were corrected quit some time ago. They are in the files that I told you to put into your copy of the merge and check them out. If you approve I will make the images for the tracker. Also on page 181 there is a post with a link for the images of MM7 belts for the tracker.
David
Last edited by DaveHer on 26 Aug 2019, 02:58, edited 1 time in total.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 26 Aug 2019, 16:02

DaveHer wrote:
Templayer wrote:
David
Yes they were corrected quit some time ago. They are in the files that I told you to put into your copy of the merge and check them out. If you approve I will make the images for the tracker. Also on page 181 there is a post with a link for the images of MM7 belts for the tracker.
David
I have it, I just don't want to repeat the process multiple times.
Also at the point at which I am already in the game with the belts on my characters, making images from it for the Tracker is trivial. It's not as if I haven't been making videos on youtube at least each week for the past TEN YEARS, is it? :D :D

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 26 Aug 2019, 18:24

Templayer wrote:
DaveHer wrote:
Templayer wrote: Have you fixed this? (the GoogleDocs formatting for columns tends to become corrupted, so I wish to avoid doing everything several times for no reason...)
David
I have it, I just don't want to repeat the process multiple times.
Also at the point at which I am already in the game with the belts on my characters, making images from it for the Tracker is trivial. It's not as if I haven't been making videos on youtube at least each week for the past TEN YEARS, is it? :D :D
I need to explain something. I do not know if I can, but here it goes. The original women's belts from MM7 are very bad and they are the belts you have in your copy of the merge and I got those from an original MM7 game. I decided to fix that. The women's belts for MM7 that I fixed are in the images that are on that link that I provided for the tracker. Look at it again and see what you think. To me they look 100% better then the originals. If you agree I need to send you the images so you can put them in the bitmaps.lod file. Again the Women's Belts for MM7 that you have are the orininals which I think are very bad.
David :)

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 27 Aug 2019, 12:55

Don´t worry, my friends, newcomers, lurkers and others in here, I hadn´t left this project in dust at all unlike some people, no matter the crazy amount of new bugs and hickeys and whatnot (and then it˙s seen as completed! (roll eyes)). I still have a Troll Zombie to take care of when it comes to the base game (Troll Lich and probably 2 other Dragons for the expanded Unlocker/Unlocked one) after all ... and I still need to have a NPC icon for a Black Dragon to be converted to this game because Jamesx somehow forgot it when I linked him the completed Black Dragon assets (you can check on these assets yourself, Templayer, hopefully links for the game-converted Black Dragon assets still work. Mine sure do and I˙ve added a NPC icon asset for the Black Dragon in there, ha ha ha. ^^;; ). I just got drafted into areas beyond my control, ´sall ...
... and when the new leadership for this mod will be announced, go ahead and tell me about it as well. I˙ll link them completed assets no problem, ones that don˙t have any links anywhere, that is. :P

Once autumn strikes, I˙m coming as well ... and yes, I still wish to know what the hell am I supposed to do when it comes to warp changing armor and apparel (hats, cloaks ...) assets to fit MM8 ragdolls. (facepalm) :D :D
Yes?

Return to “Might and Magic”