Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Unread postby DaveHer » 10 Aug 2019, 18:06

@ GrayFace,

I finally found the youtube video that I downloaded a couple a months ago that Rodrid made. In that video it shows the complex.item.pictures.txt and it has at the top, Man, Woman, Minotaur, and Troll. So I believe that t0=man, t1=woman, t2=minotaur, and t3=troll. So t4 must be dwarfs, I think. I found the belts for MM6 in the icon.lod and there were five. There are two images for each of the five belts and they are as follows:
belt1a belt1b
belt2a belt2b
belt3a belt3b
belt4a belt4b
belt4a belt4b
the belts with the “a” are the belts that appear in the inventory and belts with the “b” go on the paperdolls and these “b” belts were for both man and woman if I am not mistaken. For the original MM6 that’s all you need. But for the merge you will need: belt1a =Inventory, belt1b = man, belt1c = woman, belt1d = minotaur, belt1e = troll and belt1f = dwarf. Then place the proper coordinates in the complex.item.pictures.txt. Do you think it will work with those names. I mean the images that will go into the icon.lod with those names. :)
Sincerely
David Hernandez

PS I wonder if Jamesx is aware of this?
Last edited by DaveHer on 10 Aug 2019, 18:16, edited 1 time in total.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 10 Aug 2019, 18:44

DaveHer wrote:@ GrayFace,

I finally found the youtube video that I downloaded a couple a months ago that Rodrid made. In that video it shows the complex.item.pictures.txt and it has at the top, Man, Woman, Minotaur, and Troll. So I believe that t0=man, t1=woman, t2=minotaur, and t3=troll. So t4 must be dwarfs, I think.
Sorry, I misread the file. Indeed it starts with 0, so t4 is probably dwarves.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

raekuul
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby raekuul » 10 Aug 2019, 18:56

blacktrance wrote:Strange. I loaded the same save I've been using and now the buttons work. I didn't do anything differently. Might be a bug from my old version of the mod.
I think you need to actually be standing inside of the white circles for it to work? I spent a good two hours puzzling over this nonexistent puzzle when I first got inside of the Breach Tower.

And yeah, if you try to approach the Breach Tower without first going through The Breach Basement, you'll get forcibly teleported far outside of the tower.

Maslyonok
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Maslyonok » 10 Aug 2019, 20:27

raekuul wrote:
blacktrance wrote:Strange. I loaded the same save I've been using and now the buttons work. I didn't do anything differently. Might be a bug from my old version of the mod.
I think you need to actually be standing inside of the white circles for it to work? I spent a good two hours puzzling over this nonexistent puzzle when I first got inside of the Breach Tower.

And yeah, if you try to approach the Breach Tower without first going through The Breach Basement, you'll get forcibly teleported far outside of the tower.
However, in older versions you actually can stroll in tower without going into basement, but red button wouldn't work.

andrey
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby andrey » 10 Aug 2019, 21:07

@ALL: Anyone knows the workaround for a following bug? Appeared all of a sudden and does not go away on its own.

Enter any house with Free Haven Sewers entrance -> Try to enter sewers -> MMExtPlaceholder (2 times, instead of "Enter" option, does nothing). Everywhere. Cannot enter free haven sewers at all. Luckily I already caught prince of thieves, but teleport to Hermit's isle seems forever lost.

andrey
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby andrey » 10 Aug 2019, 21:11

Is Acromage in Enroth only for early money-making and fun? Or does anyone give a quest for it now?

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 10 Aug 2019, 23:45

@ Templayer or GrayFace,
I found all the paperdolls except the ones for the drawfs and all their facial expressions seem to be missing . I look in both icon.lod and patch.icon.lod and spent quite a bit of time looking. From what I understand from the tracker is that the size of the belt of the trolls will fit the dwarfs as well. Right?
David

LordInsane
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby LordInsane » 11 Aug 2019, 00:13

Warlockk wrote:Yes, MM 8.5 was a huge project, unfortunately It did not release. However the authors say that the work is still in progress.
I fully agree that would be a massive project and there is enormous work and take a lot of time, but I can try, maybe it will possible to release something. Even the one realizing area is very very good and great progress in developing of this game! So the question is which areas take precedence?and which are not necessary to create, and which editors can be used

Oh, yes, the Land of Giants. However I want to make the part which is located in the South of this Land.
Thank you, hope one day It will be released!
In the context of MM7, Death Kiss does not seem that useful. While seeing a true underground city of Nighon would be interesting, the source for it as the capital of Nighon is that it was the seat of Mutare - but she seems to begin her rise after MM7, so at that point it would simply be the primary holding of a young but otherwise not particularly notable Overlord.
While Tatalia proper does seem interesting - and MM8 helps by providing lizardmen sprites and images - I haven't been able to find any source of Marshank being the name of Tatalia's capital.
Eofol (meaning here the regions the Kreegan turned into volcanic wasteland as shown in the Restoration Wars) is helped by the Plane of Fire assetwise, but while a volcanic region in Antagarich would be intriguing, it could be hard to present it in a way that presents it fittingly enough to what it is while not implicitly contradicting the Armageddon's Blade campaign (things would have been a lot different if a band of adventurers had gutted Kreelah's hordes just prior to Lucifer's ascension, and of course there's the rather obvious question of what to do there - doing quests for the Kreegans would fit ill with MM7's story, and there's already a strike at the heart of the devils quest for the Land of the Giants).
Vori is, I feel, almost so hyped from its presence on the MM7 map (and subsequent rumours of a secret way to go there) and the surprisingly common mentions and connections in Jadame that a single map might not do it justice.

I do have Ideas for MM8, but they are, as I said, lore-compliant rather than lore-based.
Warlockk wrote:And as I promise this post is about new classes and rases.

First of all, my suggestion is to change a little a Druid class and to give them Expert of a dagger skill (not Master) and new ability of Efficiency of Magic wand (norm. gives 10%, expert 30%, master 50% and Grand 75 % adding to damage or (If it is a wand of paralyzing) a chance of positive effect.

The second one is to add a new class "Barbarian" (promotion is Berserk (or sth else), good line promotion is Сhieftain and bad side promotion is Executioner).
The Barbarian class uses Grand Axe skill, Expert Leather,Norm. Plate armor, Expert sword and Spear, Norm. Shield skill, Grand of Bodybuilding and Armmaster.
The new skill is Slayer (give chance to hit monsters only who have a high level with adding 10%(Normal), 30% (Exp) 50% (Master), and 80% (grand) to total damage)

So the next post which I will prepare is about a New magic system!!!
Part of me want to suggest building the base of the Barbarian from the Troll, as a double effort to phase out non-dragon racial classes in the Merge context and provide a fitting class for Krewlod (and Vori, from what MM8 tells us). I'd suggest Berserker for the promotion (berserk is what berserkers go in battle).
Last edited by LordInsane on 11 Aug 2019, 10:41, edited 1 time in total.

QuicksilverLamp
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby QuicksilverLamp » 11 Aug 2019, 03:18

I'm using GreyFace's mouse look patch and I'm not figuring out how I can talk to my followers. Holding right click disables the mouse look and lets me click on menus on the UI bar and the little button that brings up the list of followers you have, but it does not do anything when I click on a follower's portrait to let me talk to them. Am I missing something mechanically (A key I'm supposed to press or something) to actually talk to them and make them do things? I currently can't finish the promotion to wizard because I cant tell the golem to assemble the parts.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 11 Aug 2019, 03:55

andrey wrote:MMExtPlaceholder (2 times, instead of "Enter" option, does nothing).
Copy-Paste the 1st error and maybe the 2nd. Also, attach the save file.
QuicksilverLamp wrote:I'm using GreyFace's mouse look patch and I'm not figuring out how I can talk to my followers. Holding right click disables the mouse look and lets me click on menus on the UI bar and the little button that brings up the list of followers you have, but it does not do anything when I click on a follower's portrait to let me talk to them. Am I missing something mechanically (A key I'm supposed to press or something) to actually talk to them and make them do things? I currently can't finish the promotion to wizard because I cant tell the golem to assemble the parts.
Press the middle mouse button. You can also use Caps Lock to toggle mouse look. Indeed NPCs don't comply with right button trick. This can be added to the tracker.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

justl
Demon
Demon

Unread postby justl » 11 Aug 2019, 06:07

andrey wrote:Is Acromage in Enroth only for early money-making and fun? Or does anyone give a quest for it now?
fun and money
V2: Compendium of mm6-8 Secrets + Details about the base merge and DaveHer's redone merge (its in english!)
https://www.mightandmagicworld.de/fileb ... index.html

QuicksilverLamp
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby QuicksilverLamp » 11 Aug 2019, 07:49

GrayFace wrote:
andrey wrote:MMExtPlaceholder (2 times, instead of "Enter" option, does nothing).
Copy-Paste the 1st error and maybe the 2nd. Also, attach the save file.
QuicksilverLamp wrote:I'm using GreyFace's mouse look patch and I'm not figuring out how I can talk to my followers. Holding right click disables the mouse look and lets me click on menus on the UI bar and the little button that brings up the list of followers you have, but it does not do anything when I click on a follower's portrait to let me talk to them. Am I missing something mechanically (A key I'm supposed to press or something) to actually talk to them and make them do things? I currently can't finish the promotion to wizard because I cant tell the golem to assemble the parts.
Press the middle mouse button. You can also use Caps Lock to toggle mouse look. Indeed NPCs don't comply with right button trick. This can be added to the tracker.
Thanks a lot for the info, and for all the work you do!

andrey
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby andrey » 11 Aug 2019, 08:47

GrayFace wrote:Copy-Paste the 1st error and maybe the 2nd. Also, attach the save file.
There are no visible error messages. Just 2 strange useless menu items instead of "Enter" to the sewers. Or should I go to some internal logs?

Save: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xsMoE3 ... k7kkS/view

Hm... After exiting the game and reloading I see those 2 weird menu entries, but there is also a third entry "Enter", and it works. Not that game breaking any more. It might be a workaround, if it is really exiting the game that did it.
justl wrote:fun and money
Thanks!

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 11 Aug 2019, 10:10

andrey wrote:@ALL: Anyone knows the workaround for a following bug? Appeared all of a sudden and does not go away on its own.

Enter any house with Free Haven Sewers entrance -> Try to enter sewers -> MMExtPlaceholder (2 times, instead of "Enter" option, does nothing). Everywhere. Cannot enter free haven sewers at all. Luckily I already caught prince of thieves, but teleport to Hermit's isle seems forever lost.
Added to the Bug Tracker. By you. :D
DaveHer wrote:@ Templayer or GrayFace,
I found all the paperdolls except the ones for the drawfs and all their facial expressions seem to be missing . I look in both icon.lod and patch.icon.lod and spent quite a bit of time looking. From what I understand from the tracker is that the size of the belt of the trolls will fit the dwarfs as well. Right?
David
Have you tried looking in dwarves.icons.lod ? :D :D :D (yeap!)

That's where they are at my end. :)

Why don't you just try it out? Wouldn't that be faster? :D
GrayFace wrote:
Added to the Bug Tracker. QuicksilverLamp has been added to the Bug Catchers section of the Credits Tracker.
Last edited by Templayer on 11 Aug 2019, 10:11, edited 2 times in total.
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

Dedicated MMMerge Forum (Bug Tracker included): shorturl.at/lryAF

UnknownHuman
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby UnknownHuman » 11 Aug 2019, 10:31

@Templayer

Sorry for a short post about armor. My bad I did not write a full sentence.
I was talking about all armor that is not Relics.
The simple poo armor, as Golden Armor (you could use the Zeus armor already in game) and Angelic Helmet and so on.

Which is listed on this page.
http://tartarus.rpgclassics.com/mm6/armor.shtml

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 11 Aug 2019, 10:51

DaveHer wrote:@ Templayer or GrayFace,
David
Have you tried looking in dwarves.icons.lod ? :D :D :D (yeap!)

That's where they are at my end. :)

Why don't you just try it out? Wouldn't that be faster? :D

You are right about every thing. :embarrased: There so many Lod file I just did not see it. :wall: In any case the belts of MM6 are finished. :D
What next?
David

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 11 Aug 2019, 10:52

UnknownHuman wrote:@Templayer

Sorry for a short post about armor. My bad I did not write a full sentence.
I was talking about all armor that is not Relics.
The simple poo armor, as Golden Armor (you could use the Zeus armor already in game) and Angelic Helmet and so on.

Which is listed on this page.
http://tartarus.rpgclassics.com/mm6/armor.shtml
I understood that. And my answer still applies. The standard "poo" armour from MM6 and MM7 IS in the game (except for MM6 "poo" chain mail).
If you were to actually look at the Paint Tracker (the main Tracker is in my signature below all of my posts), you would know that.
And by "poo" I mean the most basic ones per type.

You have said that all non-artifact and non-relic armour is not in the Merge, which is wrong.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 11 Aug 2019, 10:57

DaveHer wrote: You are right about every thing. :embarrased: There so many Lod file I just did not see it. :wall: In any case the belts of MM6 are finished. :D
What next?
David
Gimme the results as pictures, make a package for GrayFace and me. I will add them to the Paint Tracker (and Implementation Queue). Finish the belts with MM7 ones. Check the tracker for what to do next.
There are some cloaks that haven't been repainted, that would be the next step. Check the Paint Tracker for which ones, as that is its purpose.

After that I if you were to go by complexity - circlets -> crowns -> caps -> helmets -> boots -> armours -> gloves and gauntlets (which when using Sower's script can be made visible on the paperdoll).

EDIT: When giving me pictures as results, make sure they conform to what is already on the tracker, i.e. the best is with a character wearing it, per each paperdoll type (the missing stuff has been put into paperdoll type headers on the tracker)
Last edited by Templayer on 11 Aug 2019, 11:00, edited 2 times in total.

andrey
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby andrey » 11 Aug 2019, 11:06

Templayer wrote: Added to the Bug Tracker. By you. :D
Just wanted to see if anyone on forum knows a workaround. Anyway, seems quitting and running the game again fixes the main part.

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 11 Aug 2019, 11:50

Templayer wrote:
DaveHer wrote: You are right about every thing. :embarrased: There so many Lod file I just did not see it. :wall: In any case the belts of MM6 are finished. :D
What next?
David
Gimme the results as pictures, make a package for GrayFace and me. I will add them to the Paint Tracker (and Implementation Queue). Finish the belts with MM7 ones. Check the tracker for what to do next.
There are some cloaks that haven't been repainted, that would be the next step. Check the Paint Tracker for which ones, as that is its purpose.

After that I if you were to go by complexity - circlets -> crowns -> caps -> helmets -> boots -> armours -> gloves and gauntlets (which when using Sower's script can be made visible on the paperdoll).

EDIT: When giving me pictures as results, make sure they conform to what is already on the tracker, i.e. the best is with a character wearing it, per each paperdoll type (the missing stuff has been put into paperdoll type headers on the tracker)
There are twenty belts and each and every belt has to be positioned on the paperdolls by putting x and y coordinates in the "complex.item.pictures.txt. That's going to take some time. It's a trial and error thing. I was going to start out by putting the existing coordinates of the belts from MM8. It should come close and trust me they will fit once they have been positioned on the paper dolls. :)I think GrayFace can do it faster with the editor? :D I can show you pictures of them as I worked on them with coreldraw. The names given to the belts should work. They have to have special names. I showed GrayFace the five names I gave to belt1 they are as follows: belt1b, belt1c, belt1d, belt1e, and belt1f and ask if they should work. I did not get answer.
Check the previous page, one of my posts there explains what b,c,d,e,and f mean. I will continue with the MM7 belts. :)
David

Return to “Might and Magic”