Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Unread postby DaveHer » 09 Aug 2019, 18:38

justl wrote:
DaveHer wrote:
pheYonyx wrote: I'm pretty sure that because Merge is based on mm8 engine, there's no limit on artifact/relic in place...
Read my post carefully. The issue is not about Limitations. It is about missing artifacts/relics. I was trying to make a point to justl that just because a certain artifact or relic never appears, does not mean that it is missing. :)
David
some of them were taking out of the finding list, cause they didnt fit the new paperdolls until they are redrawn.

i would like to help with repainting, but since i dont have any grafic skills and also dont know where to get the source grafics and dont know how to repaint them properly - the only thing i can do is ask people who do draw things
Now I know that they are missing but what artifacts and relics are missing. Without that knowledge there is nothing we can do.
David

raekuul
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby raekuul » 09 Aug 2019, 19:08

I second the non-flat towns sentiment. Vertical towns are a pain to navigate - especially if getting there isn't/can't be gated behind Fly - but it's so much easier to actually find what you're looking for in them thanks to a plethora of landmarks. Free Haven might be easy to navigate but I can never easily find who I'm looking for.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 09 Aug 2019, 19:19

Warlockk wrote:
Whatever else is possible or not (as I understand it it would technically be possible, but would be a massive project - note how Might and Magic 8.5 didn't end up releasing), the images are broken.
Yes, MM 8.5 was a huge project, unfortunately It did not release. However the authors say that the work is still in progress.
I fully agree that would be a massive project and there is enormous work and take a lot of time, but I can try, maybe it will possible to release something. Even the one realizing area is very very good and great progress in developing of this game! So the question is which areas take precedence?and which are not necessary to create, and which editors can be used
My recommendation would be to fully, and I mean FULLY create one map first. Like Krewlod. Quests, everything. After you are done with one map, it can be implemented to the merge as an optional content. No overarching quests. Except maybe some from existing maps, there are a few empty non-clickable doors in MM6-8. :D
After you are finished with that one map, you can start making another, and this time making connections to the first (like over-arching quests and references). Once you are finished with that, added to the Merge. And so on.
This would probably be the best way of doing so, otherwise you are risking of going the way 99% of such efforts ended up like. :(
pheYonyx wrote:No issues with images I see now.

Unfortunately, I can't attach a file for NPC bug I mentioned before as I accidentally overwrote the save.

Got two new issues (and one old) to post:
1). Occasionally, my game stops responding to me pressing hotkeys (or a keyboard input in general).
Things that still work — Enter for turn-based toggle, cursors for moving and Escape for menu options.
Things that stopped working — every shortcut like R for rest, S for quickspell, Space for using object, naming the save or typing the text into a custom waypoint on the map.
Only saving grace — close the game and restart using the application in the folder. It almost never happens on a first launch during the same day.

2). Ghost Ring from MM7's Haunted Mansion gives my character (who is a Druid) +5 in elemelon Magics, without affecting the Spirit Magic despite the Special enchantment saying so.
Left part of a picture shows the Ring's bonus with nothing but Ghost Ring equipped. Right part of a picture shows the bonus being gone with Ghost Ring unequipped (and used as a cursor to target skills in the list). https://i.imgur.com/wAfreoK.jpg
Just for context, Ghost Ring behaves like an Artifact and lets me stack a bonus to magic from a regular item. https://i.imgur.com/8vf28P8.png

3). Regardless of UI I choose in option, windowed mode screws with it by cutting the appearance of last character's portrait in roster party. "Hitboxes" of those portraits stay the same. The inventory screen is fine, which is shown at the bottom of a picture. Gauntlet serves as a cursor as it refuses to be captured on screenshots. https://i.imgur.com/HjqV8RI.png
Added to the Bug Tracker.
thiefy wrote:...my 8 party died in the Murmurwoods and respawned in New Sorpigal for some weird reason.
Added to the Bug Tracker. Your name has been added to the Credits Tracker, under Bug Catchers.
DaveHer wrote:
justl wrote:
DaveHer wrote: Read my post carefully. The issue is not about Limitations. It is about missing artifacts/relics. I was trying to make a point to justl that just because a certain artifact or relic never appears, does not mean that it is missing. :)
David
some of them were taking out of the finding list, cause they didnt fit the new paperdolls until they are redrawn.

i would like to help with repainting, but since i dont have any grafic skills and also dont know where to get the source grafics and dont know how to repaint them properly - the only thing i can do is ask people who do draw things
Now I know that they are missing but what artifacts and relics are missing. Without that knowledge there is nothing we can do.
David
Like the paint tracker in my signature?

@All
I recently made several posts, which are at the previous page, so make sure to check them as well.
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

Dedicated MMMerge Forum (Bug Tracker included): shorturl.at/lryAF

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 09 Aug 2019, 19:47

raekuul wrote:I second the non-flat towns sentiment. Vertical towns are a pain to navigate - especially if getting there isn't/can't be gated behind Fly - but it's so much easier to actually find what you're looking for in them thanks to a plethora of landmarks. Free Haven might be easy to navigate but I can never easily find who I'm looking for.
I do not mean vertical as in buildings atop of another, or when fly is needed. I mean having hills, and buildings atop of cliffs, etc! Just adding some verticality to it, instead of the earth being basically flat like it it is for most cities. Ironfist was nice and had a vertical element, but could've been even better.

EDIT: I am sorry, I have read it the other way around, since it is quite late where I am now. Sleepy as hell. The rest of the message reacts to you as if you did say the exact opposite of what you said. :(

Also remember that you can actually enlarge the visibility radius. Which would probably be needed for the Heroes 3 towns if they were to be remade for the MM8 engine.

Just look at the Heroes towns. And don't tell me that you wouldn't know where the for example the town hall is if you saw the town made exactly like this, but in the MM8 engine.

I can clearly see the trading post in this one!

I wonder where the magic guilds are in this town (sarcasm)

This one would be outright FUN to traverse

Contrary to this one. The water would be quite an obstacle. Not to mention reaching the upper parts! This would be annoying, but interesting. (as long as there are SOME paths that do not need spells!)

Kreelah? KREELAH!!

I wish the elemental towns in MM games wouldn't be just a few relatively normal looking houses, but had a distinct architecture to them. (this is a conflux made by all the elemental types though)

And don't forget where the dead are coming from... IN THE NECROPOLIS.

And just for hilarity - a proof of concept! :D :D :D (if your browser loads all those images, that is :D )

FYI: I do not like Minecraft. :D
Last edited by Templayer on 09 Aug 2019, 19:55, edited 2 times in total.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 09 Aug 2019, 21:03

Warlockk wrote:Yes, MM 8.5 was a huge project, unfortunately It did not release. However the authors say that the work is still in progress.
It's in the state of "hope we'll return to it one day", just like WoG 3.59 for example.
pheYonyx wrote:1). Occasionally, my game stops responding to me pressing hotkeys (or a keyboard input in general).
Are you using the latest patch version? This change in particular:
[-] Quickly pressing R, R, Esc to rest was glitching the game if monsters attacked you in your sleep.
I found it in the Merge because in regular MM8 encounters almost never happen. Something completely different might be triggering the glitched state though.
pheYonyx wrote:3). Regardless of UI I choose in option, windowed mode screws with it by cutting the appearance of last character's portrait in roster party. "Hitboxes" of those portraits stay the same. The inventory screen is fine, which is shown at the bottom of a picture. Gauntlet serves as a cursor as it refuses to be captured on screenshots. https://i.imgur.com/HjqV8RI.png
Did you set PartyScale to a value below 1?
Templayer wrote:I also do find the continent hopping mechanic to be tedious. If you wish, I can tell you where to put a certain code to make the "places with magical presence" trigger Dimension Door immediately (without casting a spell, just by going into them, or as it is a case for a few of them, clicking. But most of them are area-based). Be however aware that doing so is fragile, and upon next patch will be broken.

If GrayFace (i.e. the guy who reverse-engineered the game and made the patches and extension and enabled us to do anything in the game) takes over the reigns (autumn if Rodril doesn't show up), we were speaking about putting this as an option in a GrayFace forked version.
I'll need to see them in game. Maybe there's no need for an option and we can just use your or similar solution.
Templayer wrote:
GrayFace wrote:
Templayer wrote:As my previous post states, I did do some modding on Wizardry 8. By actually installing Lua for Windows 7 (the one MadGod's editor needs). What effect would that be on your extension and the Merge as a result? Would it be possible for it to override some settings?
No, it can't have any effect. Also, remind me what error log you got.
Cannot find the log on the thread. I tried searching for posts by me containing "stack" and "stacktrace", only got two posts by me, one of which was me citing someone else's crash and the other the first launch crashing I was getting (which we eventually found out that it was due to there being an ancient version of a script in the package... after removing it, it started working. What is really weird is that the Merge with such a faulty script worked for some people, and crashed at launch for others :jester: ). I might eventually reproduce it while backing up my current installation.
If it's a Lua error, it should contain "stack traceback:". If it's a hard crash, it should contain "Function Calls:".
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

pheYonyx
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby pheYonyx » 09 Aug 2019, 23:59

GrayFace wrote:
pheYonyx wrote:1). Occasionally, my game stops responding to me pressing hotkeys (or a keyboard input in general).
Are you using the latest patch version? This change in particular:
[-] Quickly pressing R, R, Esc to rest was glitching the game if monsters attacked you in your sleep.
I found it in the Merge because in regular MM8 encounters almost never happen. Something completely different might be triggering the glitched state though.
I wasn't ever attacked during sleep yet, so that's not my case.
As for version question...
I started using this mod 24th of July this year and all files I took from the OP. Is it the latest version at a current point in time?
GrayFace wrote: Did you set PartyScale to a value below 1?
Huh, I do not remember ever touching this line, as I only visited the .ini file to get rid of MouseLook, but it was indeed below 1. And changing it to 1 indeed fixed the issue for now. So, I guess, this issue can be removed from the Tracker.

Also, I had an idea based on an idea that statuette quest(s) was initially meant to be the waypoint system to be able to teleport between regions without the main fountain in them.
What if the shrines would be the SECRET SPOILER locations for hopping after the quest is completed (statuettes are placed and the party returned to Quest Giver)?
I know there's one such quest in mm7. My memory says there was a similar one in mm6, but doesn't say anything about mm8.

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 10 Aug 2019, 00:01

@Templayer
ARTIFACTS AND RELICS 130
MM6 130
Helmets 130
Normal paperdolls 130
Minotaur paperdoll 130
Troll paperdoll 130
Dwarf paperdoll 130

I assume that this means to redo the MM6 ARTIFACTS AND RELICS Helms to fit Normal Minotaur Troll and Dwarf paperdolls. Right? In the merge’s Items.txt, MM6 section, I found Arthur and Odin. They are crown but listed as Helmets. Are these the ones to be redone? I think I can do it. I had to do a lot of that for CCR and had to reposition the helmets. I did some helmets for MM7 which is harder because there is no complex.Item.txt and the merge does have that. :)
David Hernandez

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 10 Aug 2019, 00:49

pheYonyx wrote:I started using this mod 24th of July this year and all files I took from the OP. Is it the latest version at a current point in time?
No, it's not.
pheYonyx wrote:
GrayFace wrote: Did you set PartyScale to a value below 1?
Huh, I do not remember ever touching this line, as I only visited the .ini file to get rid of MouseLook, but it was indeed below 1. And changing it to 1 indeed fixed the issue for now. So, I guess, this issue can be removed from the Tracker.
You also have status bar on top of the screen, while by default it's above the party.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 10 Aug 2019, 02:42

@Templayer or GrayFace,
In the Complex item pictures.txt, Is t4 for Dwarf paperdolls?
David Hernandez

blacktrance
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby blacktrance » 10 Aug 2019, 02:51

Is there any walkthrough for this? Or, could someone tell me what I should be doing next? I have the Runaway Chaos in my party (and have solved all of his riddles) and I'm in the building in the middle, but all the buttons in the towers won't budge, and same for many of the doors. I have no idea what I should be doing next.
I think the version I'm playing is kind of old, so I might just be encountering bugs that have been fixed since then, but I'd rather not update in case that messes something up.

Warlockk
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Warlockk » 10 Aug 2019, 09:00

Templayer wrote:First - check the Tracker for additional info about the Merge. It is in my signature.
Thanks! :) It is really awesome, the decision about Black dragon is brilliant :applause: :applause: :applause: I guess it takes me some time to look at all new info. By the way, I can help with Russian localization for Merge If you need.
Templayer wrote:Second - check here https://grayface.github.io/mm/ext/ and the manual that comes with it (link to the manual is inside the page I have posted a link to). GrayFace has essentially reverse-engineered the engine, not only allowing us to make new maps (and making stuff like a map editor, etc.) but also brand new functionality (like custom buttons in-game, etc.). Sower made a script that actually makes gloves wearable on the paperdoll (only the base leather gloves have been repainted to work with that, but it looks awesome! Too bad people haven't been repainting more of them... ) - that script hasn't been included to the Merge yet (due to the lack of repaints). This should give you the answer to your question about how much can you edit the game at this point... no custom spells and skills though! :D (unless you code some in LUA from scratch, which would probably be possible... )
Great, It must really help me :tsup: To be honest I am not so good at repainting, only have repainted some sprites in Heroes 3(turned out not very beautiful :( ) but now I have a lot of free time so can try to improve my skill in painting. All in all, when an area will be ready it needs new sprites.
Templayer wrote:KREWLOD. I DREAMT OF HAVING THAT IN-GAME, the Heroes 3 vista looks beautiful! Just make sure not to make flat towns. Most Might and Magic 6-8 towns are extremely FLAT. I would love them to have verticality! (like the Heroes 3 towns do!. My recommendation would be to fully, and I mean FULLY create one map first. Like Krewlod. Quests, everything. After you are done with one map, it can be implemented to the merge as an optional content. No overarching quests. Except maybe some from existing maps, there are a few empty non-clickable doors in MM6-8. :D
After you are finished with that one map, you can start making another, and this time making connections to the first (like over-arching quests and references). Once you are finished with that, added to the Merge. And so on.
This would probably be the best way of doing so, otherwise you are risking of going the way 99% of such efforts ended up like.

Yeah, I am exactly of the same opinion. It should be realized in parts in case someone should be able to continue the project with already ready developments. Krewlod for sure will be the first map, Vori will be the second. The music of this area (Krewlod) is ready (can use from H3 Rough theme). Well, my decision is now I am gonna make Model of Krewlod map in H3 editor, then I will send It to be discussed there for quests, enemies, objects and so on, and then I will start to make It in MM7 editor.
GrayFace wrote:It's in the state of "hope we'll return to it one day", just like WoG 3.59 for example.
I suppose it is a bad sign :(
Last edited by Warlockk on 10 Aug 2019, 09:05, edited 5 times in total.

Warlockk
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Warlockk » 10 Aug 2019, 09:27

And as I promise this post is about new classes and rases.

First of all, my suggestion is to change a little a Druid class and to give them Expert of a dagger skill (not Master) and new ability of Efficiency of Magic wand (norm. gives 10%, expert 30%, master 50% and Grand 75 % adding to damage or (If it is a wand of paralyzing) a chance of positive effect.

The second one is to add a new class "Barbarian" (promotion is Berserk (or sth else), good line promotion is Сhieftain and bad side promotion is Executioner).
The Barbarian class uses Grand Axe skill, Expert Leather,Norm. Plate armor, Expert sword and Spear, Norm. Shield skill, Grand of Bodybuilding and Armmaster.
The new skill is Slayer (give chance to hit monsters only who have a high level with adding 10%(Normal), 30% (Exp) 50% (Master), and 80% (grand) to total damage)

So the next post which I will prepare is about a New magic system!!!

UnknownHuman
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby UnknownHuman » 10 Aug 2019, 09:57

DaveHer wrote:@Templayer
ARTIFACTS AND RELICS 130
MM6 130
Helmets 130
Normal paperdolls 130
Minotaur paperdoll 130
Troll paperdoll 130
Dwarf paperdoll 130

I assume that this means to redo the MM6 ARTIFACTS AND RELICS Helms to fit Normal Minotaur Troll and Dwarf paperdolls. Right? In the merge’s Items.txt, MM6 section, I found Arthur and Odin. They are crown but listed as Helmets. Are these the ones to be redone? I think I can do it. I had to do a lot of that for CCR and had to reposition the helmets. I did some helmets for MM7 which is harder because there is no complex.Item.txt and the merge does have that. :)
David Hernandez

Sad to say, that all armor from 6 and 7 are not ingame. Just a few relics.
No Boots, (Leather, Chain, Plate) Armor, Helmets, Belts none of them. :(

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 10 Aug 2019, 11:13

GrayFace wrote:
Templayer wrote:
GrayFace wrote: No, it can't have any effect. Also, remind me what error log you got.
Cannot find the log on the thread. I tried searching for posts by me containing "stack" and "stacktrace", only got two posts by me, one of which was me citing someone else's crash and the other the first launch crashing I was getting (which we eventually found out that it was due to there being an ancient version of a script in the package... after removing it, it started working. What is really weird is that the Merge with such a faulty script worked for some people, and crashed at launch for others :jester: ). I might eventually reproduce it while backing up my current installation.
If it's a Lua error, it should contain "stack traceback:". If it's a hard crash, it should contain "Function Calls:".
This might be it: (clean folder, clean install from GOG, put base merge package in - at this point I tried both not running the Merge and running it, and the base Merge package worked nicely. Then the Merge update - that breaks it, no matter if I put what was back then the newest GrayFace patch over it or not)

Code: Select all

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
...he World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\01 common structs.lua:447: struct expected, got nil

stack traceback:
   [C]: in function 'error'
   Scripts/Core/RSMem.lua:1044: in function <Scripts/Core/RSMem.lua:1036>
   ...he World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\01 common structs.lua:447: in function <...he World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\01 common structs.lua:445>
   [C]: in function 'pcall'
   Scripts/Core/Common.lua:102: in function 'pcall2'
   Scripts/Core/RSMem.lua:1006: in function '__index'
   ...he World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\01 common structs.lua:481: in function <...he World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\01 common structs.lua:474>
   ...RGE - The World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\00 structs.lua:36: in function 'OldGame'
   ...The World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\CharacterOutfits.lua:10: in function 'OldGame'
   ...ERGE - The World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\GlobalTxt.lua:4: in function 'OldGame'
   ...E - The World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\RacialSkills.lua:5: in function 'OldGame'
   ...rld of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\RemoveHouseRulesLimits.lua:61: in function 'OldGame'
   ...he World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\RemoveItemsLimits.lua:22: in function <...he World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\RemoveItemsLimits.lua:21>
   ...RGE - The World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\00 structs.lua:15: in function <...RGE - The World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\00 structs.lua:14>

arguments of '...he World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\01 common structs.lua:447':
   define = (table: 0x04205610)

upvalues of '...he World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\01 common structs.lua:447':
   mmver = 8
   mmv = (function: 0x041e8770)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
ARTIFACTS AND RELICS 130
MM6 130
Helmets 130
Normal paperdolls 130
Minotaur paperdoll 130
Troll paperdoll 130
Dwarf paperdoll 130

David Hernandez
Yeah, unless GrayFace made the artifact / relic headgear, those are missing. Boots too I think, but some have been implemented under a different sprite. I think.
DaveHer wrote:@Templayer or GrayFace,
David Hernandez
Too lazy to check. Also if you want GrayFace to respond to you, please cite him so that he gets a notification. You can false cite too, and it works.
Like this:
GrayFace wrote:Omniscience flows through me!
blacktrance wrote:Is there any walkthrough for this? Or, could someone tell me what I should be doing next? I have the Runaway Chaos in my party (and have solved all of his riddles) and I'm in the building in the middle, but all the buttons in the towers won't budge, and same for many of the doors. I have no idea what I should be doing next.
I think the version I'm playing is kind of old, so I might just be encountering bugs that have been fixed since then, but I'd rather not update in case that messes something up.
You can check the tracker. I cannot tell you if you have an old version or not. Also there is currently no walkthrough for the fourth storyline.
Warlockk wrote:
Templayer wrote:First - check the Tracker for additional info about the Merge. It is in my signature.
Thanks! :) It is really awesome, the decision about Black dragon is brilliant :applause: :applause: :applause: I guess it takes me some time to look at all new info. By the way, I can help with Russian localization for Merge If you need.
Templayer wrote:Second - check here https://grayface.github.io/mm/ext/ and the manual that comes with it (link to the manual is inside the page I have posted a link to). GrayFace has essentially reverse-engineered the engine, not only allowing us to make new maps (and making stuff like a map editor, etc.) but also brand new functionality (like custom buttons in-game, etc.). Sower made a script that actually makes gloves wearable on the paperdoll (only the base leather gloves have been repainted to work with that, but it looks awesome! Too bad people haven't been repainting more of them... ) - that script hasn't been included to the Merge yet (due to the lack of repaints). This should give you the answer to your question about how much can you edit the game at this point... no custom spells and skills though! :D (unless you code some in LUA from scratch, which would probably be possible... )
Great, It must really help me :tsup: To be honest I am not so good at repainting, only have repainted some sprites in Heroes 3(turned out not very beautiful :( ) but now I have a lot of free time so can try to improve my skill in painting. All in all, when an area will be ready it needs new sprites.
Templayer wrote:KREWLOD. I DREAMT OF HAVING THAT IN-GAME, the Heroes 3 vista looks beautiful! Just make sure not to make flat towns. Most Might and Magic 6-8 towns are extremely FLAT. I would love them to have verticality! (like the Heroes 3 towns do!. My recommendation would be to fully, and I mean FULLY create one map first. Like Krewlod. Quests, everything. After you are done with one map, it can be implemented to the merge as an optional content. No overarching quests. Except maybe some from existing maps, there are a few empty non-clickable doors in MM6-8. :D
This would probably be the best way of doing so, otherwise you are risking of going the way 99% of such efforts ended up like.

Yeah, I am exactly of the same opinion. It should be realized in parts in case someone should be able to continue the project with already ready developments. Krewlod for sure will be the first map, Vori will be the second. The music of this area (Krewlod) is ready (can use from H3 Rough theme). Well, my decision is now I am gonna make Model of Krewlod map in H3 editor, then I will send It to be discussed there for quests, enemies, objects and so on, and then I will start to make It in MM7 editor.
Warlockk wrote:And as I promise this post is about new classes and rases.

First of all, my suggestion is to change a little a Druid class and to give them Expert of a dagger skill (not Master) and new ability of Efficiency of Magic wand (norm. gives 10%, expert 30%, master 50% and Grand 75 % adding to damage or (If it is a wand of paralyzing) a chance of positive effect.

The second one is to add a new class "Barbarian" (promotion is Berserk (or sth else), good line promotion is Сhieftain and bad side promotion is Executioner).
The Barbarian class uses Grand Axe skill, Expert Leather,Norm. Plate armor, Expert sword and Spear, Norm. Shield skill, Grand of Bodybuilding and Armmaster.
The new skill is Slayer (give chance to hit monsters only who have a high level with adding 10%(Normal), 30% (Exp) 50% (Master), and 80% (grand) to total damage)

So the next post which I will prepare is about a New magic system!!!
Hmm, also beware that coding new skills is going to be a hassle and new spell schools I do not even know if it is possible yet in the Extension.
Personally, I would go with the base nomenclature, thus "Efficiency of Magic wand" would be named just "Wands" and everyone could learn it at Normal (except maybe for dragons in the Merge. :D), while normal would be 0% additive, but just enable you to use them. This would put it into the line with other weapon skills. The Sorcerer line would then be able to master it, while Druid line would GM it. Sounds good?
UnknownHuman wrote:
ARTIFACTS AND RELICS 130
MM6 130
Helmets 130
Normal paperdolls 130
Minotaur paperdoll 130
Troll paperdoll 130
Dwarf paperdoll 130

David Hernandez

Sad to say, that all armor from 6 and 7 are not ingame. Just a few relics.
No Boots, (Leather, Chain, Plate) Armor, Helmets, Belts none of them. :(
Wrong. Check the Paint Tracker. People like Kristal have made base leather armours from MM6 and MM7 for the MM8 paperdolls, and also the MM7 chainmail. Also relic / artifact and special cloaks were repainted too.

Someone should start with belts, since that would be the easiest next thing (after normal cloaks, that is).

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 10 Aug 2019, 12:28

David Hernandez
I think dwarves share paperdoll with trolls. T4 is troll, t3 is minotaur.
Or maybe T5 is dwarf.
Last edited by GrayFace on 10 Aug 2019, 12:30, edited 2 times in total.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 10 Aug 2019, 13:38

GrayFace wrote:
David Hernandez
I think dwarves share paperdoll with trolls. T4 is troll, t3 is minotaur.
Or maybe T5 is dwarf.
Dwarfs have the troll paperdoll type, but scaled down and with different boots and helmets, if I remember correctly.

Jamesx did most of the paperdoll repaints, so maybe he knows.
Jamesx wrote:PAPEDOLL GOD
Last edited by Templayer on 10 Aug 2019, 14:53, edited 2 times in total.

Maslyonok
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Maslyonok » 10 Aug 2019, 14:33

blacktrance wrote:Is there any walkthrough for this? Or, could someone tell me what I should be doing next? I have the Runaway Chaos in my party (and have solved all of his riddles) and I'm in the building in the middle, but all the buttons in the towers won't budge, and same for many of the doors. I have no idea what I should be doing next.
You should find and click the red button. Then you'll jump to the top of the building and...

But, I don’t remember if it is need to do something to activate the button...

blacktrance
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby blacktrance » 10 Aug 2019, 15:46

I found the buttons but they don't activate.

Maslyonok
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Maslyonok » 10 Aug 2019, 17:23

blacktrance wrote:I found the buttons but they don't activate.
And of course you passed in main building through The Breach Basement? Because the red button activates only then you exit from The Breach Basement to main building. You will go out next to the tree inside the building. (just checked this fact myself)

blacktrance
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby blacktrance » 10 Aug 2019, 17:30

Strange. I loaded the same save I've been using and now the buttons work. I didn't do anything differently. Might be a bug from my old version of the mod.

Return to “Might and Magic”