Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Warlockk
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Unread postby Warlockk » 07 Aug 2019, 18:14

As for mm8, I found this map, the East Jadame is also didn't use in the game
Last edited by Warlockk on 08 Aug 2019, 03:24, edited 1 time in total.

LordInsane
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby LordInsane » 07 Aug 2019, 18:47

Whatever else is possible or not (as I understand it it would technically be possible, but would be a massive project - note how Might and Magic 8.5 didn't end up releasing), the images are broken.
Warlockk wrote:As for mm8, I found this map, the East Jadame is also didn't use in the game
East Jadame is nothing more than the map-maker's conjectured addition. While there is obviously more of Jadame west, east and north of MM8's map, there is no evidence of such a massive additional landmass, although no evidence against either.
Last edited by LordInsane on 07 Aug 2019, 18:49, edited 1 time in total.

raekuul
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby raekuul » 07 Aug 2019, 20:19

All of your images are returning a 403 Forbidden error. Nobody aside from yourself can see them.

ceallachserene
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ceallachserene » 08 Aug 2019, 03:20

Mind Blast scrolls seem to be connected to the remove fear spell, at least the mm8 ones
Last edited by ceallachserene on 08 Aug 2019, 09:00, edited 2 times in total.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 08 Aug 2019, 05:12

Warlockk wrote:5. Eofol. The heart of kreegans.
It's already there in vanilla MM7.
Overall, good food for thought if someone decides to make an MM7 mod.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Warlockk
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Warlockk » 08 Aug 2019, 07:36

Whatever else is possible or not (as I understand it it would technically be possible, but would be a massive project - note how Might and Magic 8.5 didn't end up releasing), the images are broken.
Yes, MM 8.5 was a huge project, unfortunately It did not release. However the authors say that the work is still in progress.
I fully agree that would be a massive project and there is enormous work and take a lot of time, but I can try, maybe it will possible to release something. Even the one realizing area is very very good and great progress in developing of this game! So the question is which areas take precedence?and which are not necessary to create, and which editors can be used

It's already there in vanilla MM7.
Overall, good food for thought if someone decides to make an MM7 mod.
Oh, yes, the Land of Giants. However I want to make the part which is located in the South of this Land.
Thank you, hope one day It will be released!

All of your images are returning a 403 Forbidden error. Nobody aside from yourself can see them.
Today I used another site for images, is there still an error with pictures? I tried to use another computer and the pictures are shown on the site.
Last edited by Warlockk on 08 Aug 2019, 07:38, edited 3 times in total.

pheYonyx
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby pheYonyx » 08 Aug 2019, 18:29

No issues with images I see now.

Unfortunately, I can't attach a file for NPC bug I mentioned before as I accidentally overwrote the save.

Got two new issues (and one old) to post:
1). Occasionally, my game stops responding to me pressing hotkeys (or a keyboard input in general).
Things that still work — Enter for turn-based toggle, cursors for moving and Escape for menu options.
Things that stopped working — every shortcut like R for rest, S for quickspell, Space for using object, naming the save or typing the text into a custom waypoint on the map.
Only saving grace — close the game and restart using the application in the folder. It almost never happens on a first launch during the same day.

2). Ghost Ring from MM7's Haunted Mansion gives my character (who is a Druid) +5 in elemelon Magics, without affecting the Spirit Magic despite the Special enchantment saying so.
Left part of a picture shows the Ring's bonus with nothing but Ghost Ring equipped. Right part of a picture shows the bonus being gone with Ghost Ring unequipped (and used as a cursor to target skills in the list). https://i.imgur.com/wAfreoK.jpg
Just for context, Ghost Ring behaves like an Artifact and lets me stack a bonus to magic from a regular item. https://i.imgur.com/8vf28P8.png

3). Regardless of UI I choose in option, windowed mode screws with it by cutting the appearance of last character's portrait in roster party. "Hitboxes" of those portraits stay the same. The inventory screen is fine, which is shown at the bottom of a picture. Gauntlet serves as a cursor as it refuses to be captured on screenshots. https://i.imgur.com/HjqV8RI.png

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 08 Aug 2019, 20:57

@All
All the New textures, sprites, models, helmets, shields, rings, book, and bows, that I created for “The Chaos Conspiracy Redone” can be used in the merge and making them available to all that are involve with the merge and want to use them in their copy of the merge. In each of the four folders there is a text file with instructions as to where and how to put the files into the Lod folders. There is also step by step instructions as to how to use the editor to put the models and sprites into the map. It is not difficult to do. Here is the link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Xtwuf ... aavL9eb_Ry Right click on the folder and select download.

“The Chaos Conspiracy Redone” has its own thread. Here is link.
https://www.celestialheavens.com/forum/10/17010
David Hernandez :)
Last edited by DaveHer on 08 Aug 2019, 20:58, edited 1 time in total.

justl
Demon
Demon

Unread postby justl » 09 Aug 2019, 05:04

DaveHer wrote:@All
All the New textures, sprites, models, helmets, shields, rings, book, and bows, that I created for “The Chaos Conspiracy Redone” can be used in the merge and making them available to all that are involve with the merge and want to use them in their copy of the merge. In each of the four folders there is a text file with instructions as to where and how to put the files into the Lod folders. There is also step by step instructions as to how to use the editor to put the models and sprites into the map. It is not difficult to do. Here is the link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Xtwuf ... aavL9eb_Ry Right click on the folder and select download.

i wonder if you could redo the missing artifacts/relics, that are still not in the merge.
V2: Compendium of mm6-8 Secrets + Details about the base merge and DaveHer's redone merge (its in english!)
https://www.mightandmagicworld.de/fileb ... index.html

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 09 Aug 2019, 11:11

justl wrote:
DaveHer wrote:@All

i wonder if you could redo the missing artifacts/relics, that are still not in the merge.
Are you sure they are missing? Did Rodrid acknowledge that they are missing. These items appear randomly when you kill high level monsters.
Sometimes a curtain relic or artifact may never appear during the entire game play because the game selects them randomly and some relic or artifact may never be selected. What are these missing Artifacts and relics and from what game do they come from(MM6, MM7, or MM8)? I can investigate to see if they are in the game. :)
David
Last edited by DaveHer on 09 Aug 2019, 11:13, edited 1 time in total.

pheYonyx
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby pheYonyx » 09 Aug 2019, 12:37

DaveHer wrote:Sometimes a curtain relic or artifact may never appear during the entire game play because the game selects them randomly and some relic or artifact may never be selected.
I'm pretty sure that because Merge is based on mm8 engine, there's no limit on artifact/relic in place...

raekuul
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby raekuul » 09 Aug 2019, 13:09

Merge specifically has a "remove artifact limits". Scripts\General\MiscTweaks.lua:339-349

Code: Select all

-- Remove artifacts found limit
	function events.LoadMap(WasInGame)
		if not WasInGame then
			for i,v in Party.ArtifactsFound do
				Party.ArtifactsFound[i] = false
				break
			end
		end
	end
	mem.nop(0x44dd82, 7)
	mem.nop(0x4541b4, 7)

UnknownHuman
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby UnknownHuman » 09 Aug 2019, 13:11

Okay so I updated to the latest Mod/Patch and get this Error and crash :
Can't load file D:\mm7src\MM8\MMVIII\code\odm ap.cpp at line number 1015

Dont know why. Any help would be appreciated. thanks.

Never mind I just installed a fresh install, stupid me forgot to uninstall old vers.
Works now thanks.
Last edited by UnknownHuman on 09 Aug 2019, 14:05, edited 1 time in total.

thiefy
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby thiefy » 09 Aug 2019, 13:34

Hey, I'm new to this forum. I've been playing MM678 for a bit, managed to finish 7. I had no idea that you were supposed to use a town portal at the magic presence site, so I made a new party for 8 because why not.

Anyway, my 8 party died in the Murmurwoods and respawned in New Sorpigal for some weird reason. I spent the next 5 hours running this low level party through Dragonsand, felt like I scoured the map pretty heavily and never found the magical presence. Started googling relentlessly, pulling results from various pages in this thread to find answers, and eventually managed to find the pic of the "ultra-secret" teleport spots and was finally able to send my group back to their home where they belong!

... I have to say, I feel zero reward from all that. Why hide these portal spots in such weird ways rather than just using a graphic? Is it not possible to maybe recycle the plane portals from MM6 or something? I mean I could understand if they were hidden with clues like a lot of the stuff in Wizardry, but these types of secrets really don't do a whole lot for the immersion imo.
Last edited by thiefy on 09 Aug 2019, 15:31, edited 3 times in total.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 09 Aug 2019, 15:44

thiefy wrote:Started googling relentlessly, pulling results from various pages in this thread to find answers, and eventually managed to find the pic of the "ultra-secret" teleport spots and was finally able to send my group back to their home where they belong!
THE TRACKER! :wall: :D :D :D :D :D

:down:
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

Dedicated MMMerge Forum (Bug Tracker included): shorturl.at/lryAF

thiefy
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby thiefy » 09 Aug 2019, 16:31

I'm guessing that means you've gotten this complaint a lot. Most of the people that play Might & Magic can figure the non-linear system out just fine, but if you're going to add things, you should do it in a way that isn't tedious or stupid. Just saying.

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 09 Aug 2019, 17:18

pheYonyx wrote:
DaveHer wrote:Sometimes a curtain relic or artifact may never appear during the entire game play because the game selects them randomly and some relic or artifact may never be selected.
I'm pretty sure that because Merge is based on mm8 engine, there's no limit on artifact/relic in place...
Read my post carefully. The issue is not about Limitations. It is about missing artifacts/relics. I was trying to make a point to justl that just because a certain artifact or relic never appears, does not mean that it is missing. :)
David
Last edited by DaveHer on 09 Aug 2019, 17:19, edited 1 time in total.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 09 Aug 2019, 17:29

thiefy wrote:I'm guessing that means you've gotten this complaint a lot. Most of the people that play Might & Magic can figure the non-linear system out just fine, but if you're going to add things, you should do it in a way that isn't tedious or stupid. Just saying.
I didn't make the mod, Rodril did. He hasn't been here for months.

I'm just the tracker maintainer, and I also made several optional modifications for the Merge.

I also do find the continent hopping mechanic to be tedious. If you wish, I can tell you where to put a certain code to make the "places with magical presence" trigger Dimension Door immediately (without casting a spell, just by going into them, or as it is a case for a few of them, clicking. But most of them are area-based). Be however aware that doing so is fragile, and upon next patch will be broken.

If GrayFace (i.e. the guy who reverse-engineered the game and made the patches and extension and enabled us to do anything in the game) takes over the reigns (autumn if Rodril doesn't show up), we were speaking about putting this as an option in a GrayFace forked version.

There are very early places you can use for hopping, but the spell limitation puts a cork in that bottle.

justl
Demon
Demon

Unread postby justl » 09 Aug 2019, 18:02

DaveHer wrote:
pheYonyx wrote:
Read my post carefully. The issue is not about Limitations. It is about missing artifacts/relics. I was trying to make a point to justl that just because a certain artifact or relic never appears, does not mean that it is missing. :)
David
some of them were taking out of the finding list, cause they didnt fit the new paperdolls until they are redrawn.

i would like to help with repainting, but since i dont have any grafic skills and also dont know where to get the source grafics and dont know how to repaint them properly - the only thing i can do is ask people who do draw things
V2: Compendium of mm6-8 Secrets + Details about the base merge and DaveHer's redone merge (its in english!)
https://www.mightandmagicworld.de/fileb ... index.html

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 09 Aug 2019, 18:10

GrayFace wrote:
Templayer wrote:If you are going to take the project over, I would make a note of it.

I could try getting the top X bugs that should be fixed ASAP (but won't be for the time being) compiled for you if you wish.
That would be very good. I think we should also wait for Rodril for a week or so in September.
Templayer wrote:As my previous post states, I did do some modding on Wizardry 8. By actually installing Lua for Windows 7 (the one MadGod's editor needs). What effect would that be on your extension and the Merge as a result? Would it be possible for it to override some settings?
No, it can't have any effect. Also, remind me what error log you got.
andrey wrote:Just discussed a bug in bug tracker. Perhaps, can be of interest to you:
Yes, it certainly belongs in my patches' TODO list rather than the Merge bug tracker.
I'm working on the list now.

Cannot find the log on the thread. I tried searching for posts by me containing "stack" and "stacktrace", only got two posts by me, one of which was me citing someone else's crash and the other the first launch crashing I was getting (which we eventually found out that it was due to there being an ancient version of a script in the package... after removing it, it started working. What is really weird is that the Merge with such a faulty script worked for some people, and crashed at launch for others :jester: ). I might eventually reproduce it while backing up my current installation.
Warlockk wrote:Greetings! First of all, want to say a special word of thanks to all who creates this project! I love this game so much, it has really changed my life.
Hope this project will be developing in the future, it is great that there are a lot of us who loves good old games.
I have some ideas for the merge. The main is that I always consider that the world of MM7 game is not complete. The lack of some areas of world Antagarich is for sure a disadvantage and makes to wish them to be added.

Picture

So, I selected some areas that I think are very important and interesting and can be added in the game, but the question is it is possible to add these areas and with the help of which program it can be done.

It will be the following areas:
1. Krewlod. The land of orcs, goblins, and barbarians. Maybe we can visit the capital of severe citizens and get a chance to take part in the Festival of Life.
2.Vori. Of course who didn't want to travel to Vori and see the land of Snow Elves and Ice Creature, and get the secrets of making a Vori Cheese.
3. Bracada Highland. In mm7 we see only a desert part of this area, but it is common knowledge that Bracada is snow lands with great mountains.
4. Marshank. If I am not mistaken this is a capital of Tatalia, is it? It is very nice to see a center of these land in the game, and take some quests from king of Tatalia.
5. Eofol. The heart of kreegans.
6. The death kiss. The capital of Nighon under the ground.
7.Rionpoint. Have no idea yet.

Picture

This is a simple scheme of the map.
Picture

So If in theory, it is possible to add these areas in the game, I can start with making a model of each area in the editor, start with simple models in Heroes 3 map editor.
The next post will be about new classes and races!
First - check the Tracker for additional info about the Merge. It is in my signature.

Second - check here https://grayface.github.io/mm/ext/ and the manual that comes with it (link to the manual is inside the page I have posted a link to). GrayFace has essentially reverse-engineered the engine, not only allowing us to make new maps (and making stuff like a map editor, etc.) but also brand new functionality (like custom buttons in-game, etc.). Sower made a script that actually makes gloves wearable on the paperdoll (only the base leather gloves have been repainted to work with that, but it looks awesome! Too bad people haven't been repainting more of them... ) - that script hasn't been included to the Merge yet (due to the lack of repaints). This should give you the answer to your question about how much can you edit the game at this point... no custom spells and skills though! :D (unless you code some in LUA from scratch, which would probably be possible... )

KREWLOD. I DREAMT OF HAVING THAT IN-GAME, the Heroes 3 vista looks beautiful! Just make sure not to make flat towns. Most Might and Magic 6-8 towns are extremely FLAT. I would love them to have verticality! (like the Heroes 3 towns do!)

Return to “Might and Magic”