Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Templayer
Devil
Devil

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Unread postby Templayer » 04 Aug 2019, 10:49

qtish wrote:Suggestion: When training in Enroth and Antagarich, sometimes there is random recruit, that wants to join a party. Cant accept him, until make space for him. Make it like MM8, where if party is full, they go straight to the adventurer's guild.
I forgot how limitations work for those, but if this is to be implemented, there should also be a string for when an inn is full, or something like that. I presume it isn't unlimited.

Good idea, though. Added to the Suggestion Tracker.
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

Dedicated MMMerge Forum (Bug Tracker included): shorturl.at/lryAF

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 05 Aug 2019, 07:20

DaveHer wrote:How do I go about creating a thread for the "Chaos Conspiracy Redone"?
With New Topic button of course.
UnknownHuman wrote:IS there anyway to remove skills from a character ? Like Axe, Spear or Blast ?
For 1st character: Party[0].Skills[const.Skills.Axe] = 0
Templayer wrote:Anyway, Rodril has found that the dragon breath weapon overrides both melee and ranged attack, BUT it is a coding error, and it should override ONLY ranged attack. When he did that, he found out that dragons have portrait animations and even unused sounds for an melee attack!
It certainly is not a coding error. It's a design choice.
Templayer wrote:Besides the previous point, I would be VERY interested in unused content information about the three games. TCRF - The Cutting Room Floor is a massive website that accumulates that information. If there ever was such unused content as the dragon melee attack, would you mind sharing it there? It would mean a lot to us. :oex:
Many unused 1-room dungeons in MM6, 1 big unused dungeon, few small unused dungeons. Unused friendly pets in MM7 (chicken, dog).
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 05 Aug 2019, 14:48

GrayFace wrote:
DaveHer wrote:How do I go about creating a thread for the "Chaos Conspiracy Redone"?
Thanks for the link. The thread has been created. I will need to put links for people that want to use the things I created (in their copy of the merge) can download them. But first I need to get all files organized and then upload them to my google drive, with instructions, .
David Hernandez :)

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 05 Aug 2019, 15:17

DaveHer wrote:
GrayFace wrote:
Thanks for the link. The thread has been created. I will need to put links for people that want to use the things I created (in their copy of the merge) can download them. But first I need to get all files organized and then upload them to my google drive, with instructions, .
By "things I created" you mean "items I created", correct?

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 05 Aug 2019, 16:20

Jessen wrote:BUG BITE
Victor Tan on the Tracker about the Cheat Engine: "Changing Attributes/Resistance, or even adding items with Enchantments that modifies Attributes/Resistance causes characters to be in the Weak state after suffering some damage. Re-rolled multiple saves and whittled it down to basically any modification of Attributes/Resistance."

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 05 Aug 2019, 17:48

Templayer wrote:
DaveHer wrote:
GrayFace wrote:
By "things I created" you mean "items I created", correct?
This are the things I mean:
5. New textures, sprites, and models.
6. New helmets, shields, rings, book, and bows.
It seams that I am going to have to be more specific from now on.
David Hernandez

andrey
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby andrey » 05 Aug 2019, 22:33

GrayFace wrote: Set PaperDollInChests=0 in mm8.ini. I think this only happens in the last Merge version and has something to do with peperdoll changes not being compatible with that option of my patch.
That worked. And thanks for your years of work on MM series!
Templayer wrote: @ALL
I have added these people into the Credits section under Bug Catchers: Jezebeth Noir, alekssandros, pheYonyx, raekuul, Andrey, Maslyonok, ceallachserene
Thanks!

@ALL: Just did master wizard quest. Expert teachers in Blackshire suggest path of light/dark to me, but whatever I type ("Yes", "yes", "Y", "y", pressing close instead of enter, etc.) nothing happens. Is it a known problem? Are there any additional conditions?

Thonkerton
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Thonkerton » 06 Aug 2019, 00:00

andrey wrote:
@ALL: Just did master wizard quest. Expert teachers in Blackshire suggest path of light/dark to me, but whatever I type ("Yes", "yes", "Y", "y", pressing close instead of enter, etc.) nothing happens. Is it a known problem? Are there any additional conditions?
All custom player inputs are bugged atm, just keep saying yes and it'll eventually do it. There may be condition that you've chosen dark/light path but it should clearly state if so.
Last edited by Thonkerton on 06 Aug 2019, 00:06, edited 1 time in total.

andrey
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby andrey » 06 Aug 2019, 00:11

Thonkerton wrote:
andrey wrote: All custom player inputs are bugged atm, just keep saying yes and it'll eventually do it. There may be condition that you've chosen dark/light path but it should clearly state if so.
Thanks! That worked.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 06 Aug 2019, 16:21

andrey wrote:
Thonkerton wrote:
andrey wrote: All custom player inputs are bugged atm, just keep saying yes and it'll eventually do it. There may be condition that you've chosen dark/light path but it should clearly state if so.
Thanks! That worked.
This one is a bug that should have the highest priority.
GrayFace wrote:*PROD*
If you are going to take the project over, I would make a note of it.

I could try getting the top X bugs that should be fixed ASAP (but won't be for the time being) compiled for you if you wish.
Last edited by Templayer on 06 Aug 2019, 16:21, edited 1 time in total.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 06 Aug 2019, 16:25

@Solistor Armeith on the Tracker
I have put your name in your bug report. If you wish to use a nickname instead, please tell me. I would send you a PM but I do not know your account here, if you even have one. If you don't, give me the answer on the Tracker. After you either give me a nickname or you say the name from the Tracker is fine, I will add you to the Bug Catchers credits section under what name you wish for, and of course change the bug report if needed.

Thonkerton
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Thonkerton » 06 Aug 2019, 16:42

Templayer wrote:
andrey wrote:
Thonkerton wrote:
Thanks! That worked.
It would probably be a good idea to have a Known Issues with "solutions" or some such to clearly inform players of that bug and how to work around it (just repeat the correct answer). Not being able to get dark/light in mm6 is annoying but in Breach it can actually prevent progression completely if the player doesn't know what to do. Breach also has another potential lock situation where you cannot progress if you don't have fly (and maybe jump?) as one of the characters is high up in the castle and as far as I've tried, there's no non-magical way to get there. It is possible however to use the bouncing effects to bounce into a flying fire elemental and then randomly happen to bounce on the castle. Granted, by the time you've managed to do that jump trick you could've started a new game to get back to that point or recover save from earlier state. I know this as I almost managed to do it by accident.
Edit: I haven't explored the breach fully so I don't know if there's some hidden fly scroll around
Last edited by Thonkerton on 06 Aug 2019, 16:46, edited 1 time in total.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 06 Aug 2019, 17:15

Thonkerton wrote:
Templayer wrote:
andrey wrote:
Thanks! That worked.
It would probably be a good idea to have a Known Issues with "solutions" or some such to clearly inform players of that bug and how to work around it (just repeat the correct answer). Not being able to get dark/light in mm6 is annoying but in Breach it can actually prevent progression completely if the player doesn't know what to do. Breach also has another potential lock situation where you cannot progress if you don't have fly (and maybe jump?) as one of the characters is high up in the castle and as far as I've tried, there's no non-magical way to get there. It is possible however to use the bouncing effects to bounce into a flying fire elemental and then randomly happen to bounce on the castle. Granted, by the time you've managed to do that jump trick you could've started a new game to get back to that point or recover save from earlier state. I know this as I almost managed to do it by accident.
Edit: I haven't explored the breach fully so I don't know if there's some hidden fly scroll around
Well, there is a guaranteed Fly scroll in New Sorpigal as a secret. If I was playing a party that couldn't use or have Fly, I would've kept it.
The section is not a bad idea, however we are coming close to GrayFace taking over the project. I presume he will deal with those nasty priority bugs relatively quickly.

Thonkerton
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Thonkerton » 06 Aug 2019, 17:55

The issue isn't that one couldn't prepare one for the breach, it's that once you get there the first time, you have no idea what's going on, if you don't happen to have the scroll on your main character and the character is unable to cast fly/jump AND your spellcaster with the fly/jump is in the castle, you're pretty much stuck to just reloading save, which I think is not really a great thing to happen. I think the original cause for this issue is that the stairway that is supposed to lead you to the top level of the castle has some minor flaw or a missing step. Possible fixes for this is to modify the map to make the stairs work, have the character find a fly/jump scroll or have the character split make sure that the spellcaster isn't on the castle.
It's not really a case of trying to finish the game with solo Knight and being unable to do so as in that situation you'd always stock up on scrolls, I had this issue on a regular party, my main character just happens to be Knight and the other group members were equally useless in getting me to the castle.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 06 Aug 2019, 19:20

Thonkerton wrote:The issue isn't that one couldn't prepare one for the breach, it's that once you get there the first time, you have no idea what's going on, if you don't happen to have the scroll on your main character and the character is unable to cast fly/jump AND your spellcaster with the fly/jump is in the castle, you're pretty much stuck to just reloading save, which I think is not really a great thing to happen. I think the original cause for this issue is that the stairway that is supposed to lead you to the top level of the castle has some minor flaw or a missing step. Possible fixes for this is to modify the map to make the stairs work, have the character find a fly/jump scroll or have the character split make sure that the spellcaster isn't on the castle.
It's not really a case of trying to finish the game with solo Knight and being unable to do so as in that situation you'd always stock up on scrolls, I had this issue on a regular party, my main character just happens to be Knight and the other group members were equally useless in getting me to the castle.
Added to the Bug Tracker and your name has been added to the Bug Catchers section of the Credits Tracker. For the info about the stairs. :hug:

@All
BTW I haven't even played the Merge yet, so I do not know what the Breach is actually about (even though I did get a bit spoiled by bug reports, etc.). It will take years for me to get to this game. I've started LPing MM6 vanilla in 2012 and I am more than a halfway though... and I plan to play the Merge after vanillas of MM6, MM7 both sides, MM8 hardcore run (no dragons, no exploits, no tree of endless white potions (which equals to endless money), no Dark Elf, getting from level 1 to level 5 before hiring anyone else), MM9, MM10 and many games in-between (The Gates of Skeldal: Magika: Sphere, Knights of the Grail, Lands of Lore 1+2+3, Anvil of Dawn, Dungeon Master 1+2 Remake (with a mod I made for the remake of the second game. No more Tornham! (there was a mod for that for the original game, so I made the same thing for the remake that does the same thing, except the remake is build up from nothing, so the original mod cannot be used))Wizardry 6-8 modded all three of them, ... AND THOSE ARE JUST DUNGEON RPGS. Lots of X-Coms and Jagged Alliance 2 v1.13 tossed there too!)

So as you can plainly see, this might take about ~20 years given how I try to do 100% of everything in a game. :D :D :D

But just IMAGINE how great playing the Merge is going to be after playing MM9 and MM10!! :D :D :oex: :rofl:

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 06 Aug 2019, 19:36

GrayFace wrote:*WISEST AMONG MEN*
Could I ask you something? Me, and a few other people were having problems with the newest Merge version crashing. To a point where we had to get a folder from someone else as a solution, without finding out the solution.

This happened once before, and the problem was in an old script file that was left behind, but again, that only caused crashes for some people. Removing it solved the problem back then.

As my previous post states, I did do some modding on Wizardry 8. By actually installing Lua for Windows 7 (the one MadGod's editor needs). What effect would that be on your extension and the Merge as a result? Would it be possible for it to override some settings? Like example ... if (at least some) warnings wouldn't crash the Merge if Lua for Win7 wasn't installed, but would cause a terminal crash due to some more strict setting for the installed variant? Or even some version difference? I am a newbie when it comes to Lua scripting. Is there a chance? I am drawing straws here, since we never found the reason for those crashes. (@people who don't know - install error was ruled out after hundreds of tries of everything and every possible combination of everything)

If that is the case then it should be isolated and patched in some manner. It would explain why only such a small amount of people experienced that (with the newest Merge update, those were 4 people that got the particular crash I was getting, no matter the install process. We never found something in common, except Win7 I think... never thought of asking about the Lua for Win7... and since those were probably dungeon RPG fans as well, then there is a possibility of them also using MadGod's editor for Wizardry).

On the other hand, no more RPCs not going to specific locations in Wizardry 8, except for the T'Rang / Umpani peace meeting. And I also remodelled the classes for Wizardry 6, 7 Gold and 8. And converted Wizardry 8 portraits to Wizardry 7 Gold! :D :oex: :tongue: :creative:

But I digress...

EDIT: Those crashes mentioned were at starting up the game.
Last edited by Templayer on 06 Aug 2019, 19:40, edited 1 time in total.

andrey
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby andrey » 06 Aug 2019, 19:56

GrayFace wrote:
Just discussed a bug in bug tracker. Perhaps, can be of interest to you:
andrey wrote: There is another bug, and I am not sure if I should add it to the tracker. It was in MM7&8 since the beginning of time even with very late patches, but I can't say if it is still there in the latest patch or whether it even exists in MM678 merge.
- Monsters fight each other 2 vs 1
- 2 monsters deal the killing blow simultaneously
- One blow kills the monster and another blow is assigned to you (with all bad effects).
Does not happen all the time, but seems to happen quite consistently when you are the next target of the monsters.

raekuul
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby raekuul » 06 Aug 2019, 20:39

That bug is in MM7 and MM8 as well. I've lost more than one zombie army to that backlash triggering Pain Reflection on my surviving zombie.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 07 Aug 2019, 10:37

Templayer wrote:If you are going to take the project over, I would make a note of it.

I could try getting the top X bugs that should be fixed ASAP (but won't be for the time being) compiled for you if you wish.
That would be very good. I think we should also wait for Rodril for a week or so in September.
Templayer wrote:As my previous post states, I did do some modding on Wizardry 8. By actually installing Lua for Windows 7 (the one MadGod's editor needs). What effect would that be on your extension and the Merge as a result? Would it be possible for it to override some settings?
No, it can't have any effect. Also, remind me what error log you got.
andrey wrote:Just discussed a bug in bug tracker. Perhaps, can be of interest to you:
Yes, it certainly belongs in my patches' TODO list rather than the Merge bug tracker.
Last edited by GrayFace on 07 Aug 2019, 10:44, edited 1 time in total.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Warlockk
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Warlockk » 07 Aug 2019, 18:12

Greetings! First of all, want to say a special word of thanks to all who creates this project! I love this game so much, it has really changed my life.
Hope this project will be developing in the future, it is great that there are a lot of us who loves good old games.
I have some ideas for the merge. The main is that I always consider that the world of MM7 game is not complete. The lack of some areas of world Antagarich is for sure a disadvantage and makes to wish them to be added.

So, I selected some areas that I think are very important and interesting and can be added in the game, but the question is it is possible to add these areas and with the help of which program it can be done.

It will be the following areas:
1. Krewlod. The land of orcs, goblins, and barbarians. Maybe we can visit the capital of severe citizens and get a chance to take part in the Festival of Life.
2.Vori. Of course who didn't want to travel to Vori and see the land of Snow Elves and Ice Creature, and get the secrets of making a Vori Cheese.
3. Bracada Highland. In mm7 we see only a desert part of this area, but it is common knowledge that Bracada is snow lands with great mountains.
4. Marshank. If I am not mistaken this is a capital of Tatalia, is it? It is very nice to see a center of these land in the game, and take some quests from king of Tatalia.
5. Eofol. The heart of kreegans.
6. The death kiss. The capital of Nighon under the ground.
7.Rionpoint. Have no idea yet.

This is a simple scheme of the map.

So If in theory, it is possible to add these areas in the game, I can start with making a model of each area in the editor, start with simple models in Heroes 3 map editor.
The next post will be about new classes and races!
Last edited by Warlockk on 08 Aug 2019, 03:24, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Might and Magic”