Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
qtish
Peasant
Peasant

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Unread postby qtish » 30 Jul 2019, 12:10

I think in this mod with bolster stats Minotaurs are fine. GM axe halving armor class is pretty strong. On the other hand, Ranger Lord is more useful, than Minotaur - since it can wear shoes and helm and GM ID monster, which is kinda useful in this mod. Damage wise minotaur is slightly better cause of M in armsmaster.

Also, important bug still not fixed. For some reason Jadame and Antagarich continents do not sell Fly spellbook.
Jadame and Enroth do not sell Armageddon and Souldrinker spells.

Bringing back some older suggestions - I think monsters need to stop giving items upon looting. Instead, that item needs to drop next to a corpse similar to Troll Blood, next to Troll's corpse. This feature would address and fix 2 issues at once.
Firstly it would stop the nasty ability to save/load for better loots. And secondly - it would fix issue with followers gold not being taken from the main sum of gold looted.

Few suggestions to classes:
Archmage / Lich - GM Earth to M Earth.
Arch Druid / Warlock - M Earth to GM Earth. (They favor earth magic, its just right to give them GM of it)
Priest / Priest of Light & Dark - GM Mind to M Mind. (All the religious stuff says about mind and its damage, so its just right for priest not to GM it).
Nosferatu - E Mind to GM Mind (All the known lore on vampires says of them as mind manipulators, thats where Enslave spell is).
Last edited by qtish on 30 Jul 2019, 14:39, edited 2 times in total.

qtish
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby qtish » 30 Jul 2019, 13:11

DD
Last edited by qtish on 30 Jul 2019, 13:11, edited 1 time in total.

Thonkerton
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Thonkerton » 30 Jul 2019, 13:14

qtish wrote:I think in this mod with bolster stats Minotaurs are fine. GM axe halving armor class is pretty strong. On the other hand, Ranger Lord is more useful, than Minotaur - since it can wear shoes and helm and GM ID monster, which is kinda useful in this mod. Damage wise minotaur is slightly better cause of M in armsmaster.
Just looking at the Class Skills.txt and mine says Minotaur Lord can only Master Axe. Is this just some weird issue on my end?

qtish
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby qtish » 30 Jul 2019, 14:31

Should be, yeah. There is no other class, that can GM axe, except Ranger Lord.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 30 Jul 2019, 17:22

LordInsane wrote:
Templayer wrote:
LordInsane wrote: I know. It is good, and definitely something I use and appreciate, it is just that I dream of something less based on giving races skill tier training increases in specific non-Racial skills (hence the "for one thing it would require art" bit), something like the comment on the Tracker by the More Racial Skills suggestion.
Elaborate and I might do it.

Also please be aware that Meditation might be needed still, since it is more bound to the racial ability - you need to have mana to be able to use "racial spells".
I.e. a Dark Elf Knight wouldn't be viable for Dark Elf Ability spells without it.
I wish to preface this with my recognition if it being, especially in part, unrealistic, and perhaps impossible. The issue with non-racial skills provided by race, additive or highest only, is that it pushes races away from certain classes more than just the stat differences, but it is better than race-as-class (with, in my opinion, the exception of dragons).
Every race (dragons as a contingency for Character Creation Unlocker users) except for humans and goblins have one Racial Skill associated with them, which they can train to Grandmaster. For Dark Elves, Vampires and Dragons that is obviously their currently existing skill, for Trolls that is Regeneration (which I do not think is something any other race or class needs), and Minotaurs, Elves and Dwarves need new skills (the comment I referred to leads me to think this is not impossible if one can code?). Humans and Goblins I imagine as having a flexibility ability: pick one of the skills their class can learn unpromoted, and be able to train it one tier higher (so a Human Druid could pick to be able to gain Grandmaster Fire at Archdruid/Warlock, a Goblin Knight could reach Master Merchant, etc.). Elven Ability I think would be exactly the same as Dark Elven Ability up to and including Blind - Grandmaster might be Feyfire (Light/Fire like Darkfire is Dark/Fire) - and the suggestion of Magic Resilience fits very well for Dwarves (a skill to add to magic resistances). Conceptualization-wise Minotaurs are harder, especially given that their gear limitation justifies a stronger racial ability, but MM7 doesn't provide much non-broken inspiration, and MM6 mostly suggests a stronger version of Dwarven Magic Resilience.

Meditation would not have been a problem at all if Racial Skills were implemented as highest only instead of additive, as you complain about in the Racial Skills readme (so far as I can tell, ignoring racial classes the only two classes to have some magic schools but not even basic Meditation are Thief's promotions and Monk and its promotions). Perhaps that will be changed in a future version of the Merge?
You are right that adding new skills would require QUITE A LOT of coding.
qtish wrote:I think in this mod with bolster stats Minotaurs are fine. GM axe halving armor class is pretty strong. On the other hand, Ranger Lord is more useful, than Minotaur - since it can wear shoes and helm and GM ID monster, which is kinda useful in this mod. Damage wise minotaur is slightly better cause of M in armsmaster.

Also, important bug still not fixed. For some reason Jadame and Antagarich continents do not sell Fly spellbook.
Jadame and Enroth do not sell Armageddon and Souldrinker spells.

Bringing back some older suggestions - I think monsters need to stop giving items upon looting. Instead, that item needs to drop next to a corpse similar to Troll Blood, next to Troll's corpse. This feature would address and fix 2 issues at once.
Firstly it would stop the nasty ability to save/load for better loots. And secondly - it would fix issue with followers gold not being taken from the main sum of gold looted.

Few suggestions to classes:
Archmage / Lich - GM Earth to M Earth.
Arch Druid / Warlock - M Earth to GM Earth. (They favor earth magic, its just right to give them GM of it)
Priest / Priest of Light & Dark - GM Mind to M Mind. (All the religious stuff says about mind and its damage, so its just right for priest not to GM it).
Nosferatu - E Mind to GM Mind (All the known lore on vampires says of them as mind manipulators, thats where Enslave spell is).
Spells - that is not a bug, but a feature. Some spells are harder to find. You won't find spells such as Armageddon lying in some store's shelf anymore.

Save Load scumming won't be limited. Rodril has a stance on it that if somebody wants to save and load until they loot what they want, let them do it, it is a player choice, do not force anyone to play a certain way. And it wouldn't help anyway - the players would simply save moments before the creature's death if your suggestion was implemented.

Crud, it looks like I am now some sort of a Messiah for Rodril since he is our God and the way I say things he did say a long time ago to us. :D :D

Class suggestions - I would deny that since that is QUITE subjective. You are free to modify that to your liking, it is in a .txt table somewhere. I am also going to modify the class skills expertise for my playthrough! But do not force your subjective ideas to become the default for everybody.
andrey wrote:
Templayer wrote: This has happened to ONE person so far except you, and for that person it was for a bunch of chests located in the same spot, and the problem was gone after a while.

Did you install the mod correctly?
I reinstalled from scratch, and tested chests after every installation/configuration step. It seems, problem is consistently reproduced when I switch to software 3D. Hardware 3D - no problem (even if returning old interface layout).

Another bug, very minor:
Load, let's say, a save in Jadame -> Press escape -> New game -> will start in Jadame without asking the continent
Ah. Added to the Bug Tracker. GrayFace might know more about that, this might be his stick! :P
EDIT: I see that you have already added it to the Tracker yourself. Almost a good job. You didn't add it at the end of the Bug Tracker, but in the middle of it. (perhaps the tracker wasn't yet loaded fully?). Also the formatting was wrong, as it took the formatting from the forum. To copy paste text from the forum to the Tracker use CTRL+SHIFT+V to paste. It will use the Tracker's formatting instead of the forum's. But it is nice and short. :P
GrayFace wrote:*PROD*
qtish wrote:
Templayer wrote:
qtish wrote:
...But you already addressed that, by giving monster a chance to give random items upon looting. ...
Rodril made the Bolster Monster mechanic, as he is the lead developer of the mod.
Last edited by Templayer on 30 Jul 2019, 17:30, edited 1 time in total.
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

Dedicated MMMerge Forum (Bug Tracker included): shorturl.at/lryAF

raekuul
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby raekuul » 30 Jul 2019, 19:22

qtish wrote:
Templayer wrote:
With how broken bolster monster options right now is - when it gives +200%hp, +200-1200%damage, +200+% armor class, overall monster bolster is like 1000-2000% depending on a monster type. So I see nothing wrong to make bolster monster % related to higher exp gained.
It's something that I'll look at while I play with numbers/review the bolster script.

Speaking of Bolster, I found the following in AdaptiveMonstersStats.lua:

Code: Select all

if BolsterMul > 1 then
		PartyLevel = PartyLevel * BolsterMul
	end

Bolster = (PartyLevel/AvgLevel) ^ BolsterMul
	local OffenseBolster = Bolster^0.75

if Bolster == 1 then
		return
	end

BolStep = min(floor(PartyLevel/AvgLevel), 4)
BolStep is used for calculating a monster's new armor class as follows:

mon.ArmorClass = mon.ArmorClass + mon.ArmorClass*BolStep
This would go a long way towards explaining why the Armor Class bolster is so dramatically far out of step with the rest of the bolster system. I'm still combing through the code, though. Of note is that Party Level is Overall Party Level (which is already the party's average level, which means picking up Cauri Blackthorne ASAP is actively detrimental), plus the Overall Item Bonus (the sum of the value of all equipped items, then divided by 30,000 - which conveniently happens to be the value of one Relic), plus MapSettings.LevelShift (which is not defined in AdaptiveMonstersStats.lua).

EDIT: I am currently working with a tweaked AdaptiveMonstersStats.lua script that's showing promising results. Right now I have three locations targeted for adjustment:
  1. lines 409-411 increase the Party Level by the Bolster Amount if the latter is set to more than 100%, as shown above. I intend to keep 200% as a super hard difficulty level so I'll have to keep this line in mind as I hack
  2. lines 450-457 increases the monster's HP relative to its size but appears to have a typo
  3. line 472 increases the monster's Armor Class as shown above
Last edited by raekuul on 30 Jul 2019, 19:56, edited 7 times in total.

raekuul
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby raekuul » 30 Jul 2019, 19:43

heck yeah accidentally quoted myself.

The Bolster Multiplier
The farther along you are in the game, the stronger the bolster effect becomes due to the Bolster Multiplier calculation of:

((Average Party Level + (Sum of all equipped items' values)/30,000 + Map Adjustment)/Average Party Level) ^ Bolster Setting
Which means that a party of average level 50 wearing 300,000 gold worth of equipment playing at 100% Bolster visiting Ravenshore for the first time would have a base Bolster Multiplier of ((50 + 10 + 0)/50)^1 = 60/50 = 1.2. A Centaur would have 45 * 1.2 = 54 HP

This sounds reasonable, right? If your Bolster Rate is 100% or less, this is reasonably balanced, and - while still overshooting what I'd expect from 100% bolster, is still close enough that it's not unbearably difficult (Armor Classes going insanely high notwithstanding)

But what about Bolster Rates above 100%? Like, for example, 200%? First of all, your Party Level is multiplied by the Bolster Multiplier in that case, so that whole mess above becomes

(((Average Party Level + (Sum of all equipped items' values)/30,000 + Map Adjustment)*Bolster Setting)/Average Party Level) ^ Bolster Setting
Our party of average level 50 wearing 300,000 gold worth of equipment playing at 200% Bolster visiting Ravenshore for the first time now has a base Bolster Multiplier of (((50 + 10 + 0) * 2) / 50) ^ 2 = (120/50)^2 = (12/5)^2 = 144/25 = 5.76

All of a sudden you're looking at Centaurs with 260 HP. And that's for a level 50 party. If we're level 100 under these conditions, it becomes (((100 + 10 + 0) * 2) / 100) ^ 2 = (22/10)^2 = 484/100 = 4.84, which means our lowly centaur should then have 217 HP. Admittedly there are upper caps on the Bolster Multiplier. For each bolster category.

tl;dr: Rodril's Bolster scales exponentially. Play above 100% at your own risk.

As a side note, There is currently no map with a positive Map Adjustment value, they're all either 0 or negative.

(Yes, I'm aware that my HP calculation is incorrect - I'm just taking the Bolster Multiplier and applying it directly instead of filtering it through the HP Bolster routines, in order to demonstrate the scaling problem)
Last edited by raekuul on 31 Jul 2019, 11:26, edited 11 times in total.

ceallachserene
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ceallachserene » 31 Jul 2019, 04:54

wizard to lich promotion doesnt work i did the quest and gave her all my jars and my wizard is still a wizard...

andrey
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby andrey » 31 Jul 2019, 06:30

Templayer wrote: Ah. Added to the Bug Tracker. GrayFace might know more about that, this might be his stick! :P
EDIT: I see that you have already added it to the Tracker yourself. Almost a good job. You didn't add it at the end of the Bug Tracker, but in the middle of it. (perhaps the tracker wasn't yet loaded fully?). Also the formatting was wrong, as it took the formatting from the forum. To copy paste text from the forum to the Tracker use CTRL+SHIFT+V to paste. It will use the Tracker's formatting instead of the forum's. But it is nice and short. :P
Hm... I see my stuff in the doc at the end of bug tracker section, right after previous bug (reported a few days before) and right before "bug tracker ends here", everything below looks like feature discussions. AFAIR that's where I added it (or did you move it?). Did I miss something?

There is another bug, and I am not sure if I should add it to the tracker. It was in MM7&8 since the beginning of time even with very late patches, but I can't say if it is still there in the latest patch or whether it even exists in MM678 merge.
- Monsters fight each other 2 vs 1
- 2 monsters deal the killing blow simultaneously
- One blow kills the monster and another blow is assigned to you (with all bad effects).
Does not happen all the time, but seems to happen quite consistently when you are the next target of the monsters.

Saw it countless times, can be very annoying.

andrey
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby andrey » 31 Jul 2019, 07:47

Are arena victories counted together for all continents? E.g. will 5 knight victories in Jadame count for champion promotion in Antagarich?

LordInsane
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby LordInsane » 31 Jul 2019, 18:29

One thing I'm a bit uncertain about (have tried searching, but 172 pages makes for a lot of false positives): per the the tips on the first page, "Party can be filled up at start or durning gameplay by hiring random followers.", and from a search of the thread set Jadamean characters are in and recruitable, but how does it interact with the scalable party size at start? Can you dismiss any of the starting characters, and if not, how does the Merge handle the Dyson Leland Alliance quest if you start with five characters?

raekuul
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby raekuul » 31 Jul 2019, 19:14

You can dismiss anybody except for the very first character you create at any time. Just look for the Dismiss button in the stats/skills/inventory/awards screen, like in MM8. They'll go to an Adventurer's Inn, as normal.

LordInsane
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby LordInsane » 31 Jul 2019, 19:36

raekuul wrote:You can dismiss anybody except for the very first character you create at any time. Just look for the Dismiss button in the stats/skills/inventory/awards screen, like in MM8. They'll go to an Adventurer's Inn, as normal.
Thank you. I am planning my first Merge game to ignore the secret spots' early continent-jumping and go Enroth->Antagarich->Jadame, and it would have been annoying to find out I'd screwed up things for myself only after two continents.
Last edited by LordInsane on 31 Jul 2019, 19:37, edited 1 time in total.

Thonkerton
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Thonkerton » 31 Jul 2019, 20:50

LordInsane wrote:
raekuul wrote:You can dismiss anybody except for the very first character you create at any time. Just look for the Dismiss button in the stats/skills/inventory/awards screen, like in MM8. They'll go to an Adventurer's Inn, as normal.
Thank you. I am planning my first Merge game to ignore the secret spots' early continent-jumping and go Enroth->Antagarich->Jadame, and it would have been annoying to find out I'd screwed up things for myself only after two continents.
Do note that each continent etc has it's own Adventurer's Inn and the heroes aren't shared so dismissed character in Enroth can only be found in Enroth Inn.

LordInsane
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby LordInsane » 31 Jul 2019, 21:30

Thonkerton wrote:
LordInsane wrote:
Do note that each continent etc has it's own Adventurer's Inn and the heroes aren't shared so dismissed character in Enroth can only be found in Enroth Inn.
Good to know, although I probably won't dismiss anyone through Enroth and Antagarich (I might have in Antagarich, if what I hear about the warlock familiar perhaps sadly being done as a dragon character instead of a cute NPC follower is true, but I'm planning to go Path of Light in Antagarich).

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 01 Aug 2019, 04:44

andrey wrote:I just started and encountered a lot of crashes when interacting with chests:
- I cannot put anything from my inventory to a chest (tried on DWI and Emeral Isles). Game crashes immediately when I select my own item.
- Look in the chest, select any item, press "close" when item is selected. Result: game crashes (cannot reproduce 100% of time, perhaps there are additional conditions).
Set PaperDollInChests=0 in mm8.ini. I think this only happens in the last Merge version and has something to do with peperdoll changes not being compatible with that option of my patch.
Templayer wrote:I think it is also based on the highest level of your party members, or something like that.
Hmmm. Added to the Bolster Monster Modifications post on the Suggestion Tracker.

What would be great (GrayFace could do this!) would be to make a BolsterMonsterConfig configuration file, where everyone could fine-tune as much as they can.
Yes, and I also think continent-based bolster can be a nice option. That is, making the 2nd continent you visit have monsters bolstered by a fixed amount and the 3rd even further bolstered.
When I initially used the God mode script I had (that increases level too), I got slaughtered by enemies immediately. Had to change it to give no level boost for the Merge.
Templayer wrote:Save Load scumming won't be limited. Rodril has a stance on it that if somebody wants to save and load until they loot what they want, let them do it, it is a player choice, do not force anyone to play a certain way. And it wouldn't help anyway - the players would simply save moments before the creature's death if your suggestion was implemented.
Here's a script I should have shared earlier: https://www.dropbox.com/s/y5yt5dxv72524 ... e.lua?dl=1
Put it into Scripts\Global folder. It will make monster treasure randomized on map start rather than each time you pick a corpse. Tell me if it works or not, because I haven't tested it on older MMExt.
Templayer wrote:
andrey wrote:Another bug, very minor:
Load, let's say, a save in Jadame -> Press escape -> New game -> will start in Jadame without asking the continent
Ah. Added to the Bug Tracker. GrayFace might know more about that, this might be his stick! :P
It always starts from Jedame actually. Just for extra safety I wouldn't recommend starting a new game that way.
SpectralDragon wrote:Hilariously, I was also pretty displeased with that version of Troll Zombie, thus in those days I wasn't here, I came back and tweaked a bit more. However, GrayFace, any changes you make to the model PLEASE relay to me as well, so that they can be applied to portraits too, so that they don't look like out of place ... and unfortunately severe desaturation is not really an option for me because as you see in-game, we have Green and Blue Trolls ... and I honest to ANCIENTS don't wish to make 2 different Troll Zombie models because I personally see it as too much unecessary work and if I would try to add some color to the paperdoll then it'll be blatantly obvious it's supposed to be Green Troll only, so unfortunately I need to go border grayscale to compensate for both Trolls being Zombified into one model. :( :wall: :wall:
I did the slight color change in GIMP with Colors->Curves tool with this setting:

(GimpCurvesConfig "Zombie Troll"
    (time 0)
    (linear no)
    (channel value)
    (curve
        (curve-type smooth)
        (n-points 17)
        (points 34 0.000000 0.000000 -1.000000 -1.000000 -1.000000 -1.000000 -1.000000 -1.000000 -1.000000 -1.000000 -1.000000 -1.000000 -1.000000 -1.000000 -1.000000 -1.000000 -1.000000 -1.000000 -1.000000 -1.000000 -1.000000 -1.000000 -1.000000 -1.000000 -1.000000 -1.000000 -1.000000 -1.000000 -1.000000 -1.000000 -1.000000 -1.000000 1.000000 1.000000)
        (n-samples 256)
        (samples 256 0.000000 0.003922 0.007843 0.011765 0.015686 0.019608 0.023529 0.027451 0.031373 0.035294 0.039216 0.043137 0.047059 0.050980 0.054902 0.058824 0.062745 0.066667 0.070588 0.074510 0.078431 0.082353 0.086275 0.090196 0.094118 0.098039 0.101961 0.105882 0.109804 0.113725 0.117647 0.121569 0.125490 0.129412 0.133333 0.137255 0.141176 0.145098 0.149020 0.152941 0.156863 0.160784 0.164706 0.168627 0.172549 0.176471 0.180392 0.184314 0.188235 0.192157 0.196078 0.200000 0.203922 0.207843 0.211765 0.215686 0.219608 0.223529 0.227451 0.231373 0.235294 0.239216 0.243137 0.247059 0.250980 0.254902 0.258824 0.262745 0.266667 0.270588 0.274510 0.278431 0.282353 0.286275 0.290196 0.294118 0.298039 0.301961 0.305882 0.309804 0.313725 0.317647 0.321569 0.325490 0.329412 0.333333 0.337255 0.341176 0.345098 0.349020 0.352941 0.356863 0.360784 0.364706 0.368627 0.372549 0.376471 0.380392 0.384314 0.388235 0.392157 0.396078 0.400000 0.403922 0.407843 0.411765 0.415686 0.419608 0.423529 0.427451 0.431373 0.435294 0.439216 0.443137 0.447059 0.450980 0.454902 0.458824 0.462745 0.466667 0.470588 0.474510 0.478431 0.482353 0.486275 0.490196 0.494118 0.498039 0.501961 0.505882 0.509804 0.513725 0.517647 0.521569 0.525490 0.529412 0.533333 0.537255 0.541176 0.545098 0.549020 0.552941 0.556863 0.560784 0.564706 0.568627 0.572549 0.576471 0.580392 0.584314 0.588235 0.592157 0.596078 0.600000 0.603922 0.607843 0.611765 0.615686 0.619608 0.623529 0.627451 0.631373 0.635294 0.639216 0.643137 0.647059 0.650980 0.654902 0.658824 0.662745 0.666667 0.670588 0.674510 0.678431 0.682353 0.686275 0.690196 0.694118 0.698039 0.701961 0.705882 0.709804 0.713725 0.717647 0.721569 0.725490 0.729412 0.733333 0.737255 0.741176 0.745098 0.749020 0.752941 0.756863 0.760784 0.764706 0.768627 0.772549 0.776471 0.780392 0.784314 0.788235 0.792157 0.796078 0.800000 0.803922 0.807843 0.811765 0.815686 0.819608 0.823529 0.827451 0.831373 0.835294 0.839216 0.843137 0.847059 0.850980 0.854902 0.858824 0.862745 0.866667 0.870588 0.874510 0.878431 0.882353 0.886275 0.890196 0.894118 0.898039 0.901961 0.905882 0.909804 0.913725 0.917647 0.921569 0.925490 0.929412 0.933333 0.937255 0.941176 0.945098 0.949020 0.952941 0.956863 0.960784 0.964706 0.968627 0.972549 0.976471 0.980392 0.984314 0.988235 0.992157 0.996078 1.000000))
    (channel red)
    (curve
        (curve-type smooth)
        (n-points 17)
        (points 34 0.000000 0.000000 -1.000000 -1.000000 -1.000000 -1.000000 0.207055 0.159690 -1.000000 -1.000000 -1.000000 -1.000000 -1.000000 -1.000000 -1.000000 -1.000000 0.523773 0.519380 -1.000000 -1.000000 -1.000000 -1.000000 -1.000000 -1.000000 -1.000000 -1.000000 -1.000000 -1.000000 -1.000000 -1.000000 -1.000000 -1.000000 1.000000 1.000000)
        (n-samples 256)
        (samples 256 0.000000 0.002593 0.005186 0.007781 0.010379 0.012981 0.015588 0.018200 0.020819 0.023445 0.026079 0.028723 0.031377 0.034042 0.036719 0.039409 0.042113 0.044832 0.047567 0.050319 0.053088 0.055876 0.058683 0.061511 0.064360 0.067232 0.070126 0.073045 0.075990 0.078960 0.081957 0.084982 0.088036 0.091119 0.094233 0.097379 0.100558 0.103770 0.107016 0.110298 0.113616 0.116971 0.120364 0.123796 0.127269 0.130782 0.134337 0.137935 0.141576 0.145263 0.148994 0.152773 0.156598 0.159690 0.163596 0.167537 0.171512 0.175519 0.179559 0.183630 0.187732 0.191863 0.196024 0.200212 0.204428 0.208671 0.212940 0.217233 0.221551 0.225893 0.230257 0.234643 0.239049 0.243477 0.247923 0.252389 0.256872 0.261372 0.265889 0.270421 0.274968 0.279529 0.284103 0.288689 0.293287 0.297896 0.302514 0.307142 0.311778 0.316422 0.321073 0.325729 0.330391 0.335057 0.339727 0.344399 0.349074 0.353749 0.358426 0.363101 0.367776 0.372449 0.377119 0.381785 0.386447 0.391104 0.395756 0.400400 0.405037 0.409666 0.414285 0.418895 0.423494 0.428081 0.432656 0.437219 0.441767 0.446301 0.450819 0.455321 0.459806 0.464273 0.468722 0.473151 0.477560 0.481948 0.486314 0.490657 0.494978 0.499274 0.503545 0.507790 0.512009 0.516200 0.519380 0.523533 0.527682 0.531826 0.535965 0.540099 0.544228 0.548353 0.552473 0.556589 0.560700 0.564807 0.568909 0.573007 0.577100 0.581189 0.585274 0.589355 0.593431 0.597503 0.601571 0.605635 0.609695 0.613751 0.617803 0.621851 0.625895 0.629936 0.633972 0.638005 0.642034 0.646059 0.650081 0.654099 0.658113 0.662124 0.666132 0.670136 0.674137 0.678134 0.682128 0.686119 0.690106 0.694090 0.698071 0.702049 0.706024 0.709996 0.713965 0.717931 0.721894 0.725854 0.729811 0.733766 0.737717 0.741666 0.745613 0.749556 0.753497 0.757436 0.761372 0.765305 0.769236 0.773165 0.777091 0.781015 0.784937 0.788857 0.792774 0.796689 0.800602 0.804513 0.808422 0.812329 0.816234 0.820137 0.824038 0.827938 0.831835 0.835731 0.839625 0.843518 0.847409 0.851298 0.855186 0.859072 0.862957 0.866840 0.870722 0.874602 0.878482 0.882360 0.886236 0.890112 0.893987 0.897860 0.901732 0.905603 0.909474 0.913343 0.917211 0.921079 0.924946 0.928812 0.932677 0.936541 0.940405 0.944268 0.948131 0.951993 0.955854 0.959716 0.963576 0.967437 0.971297 0.975156 0.979016 0.982875 0.986734 0.990593 0.994452 1.000000))
    (channel green)
    (curve
        (curve-type smooth)
        (n-points 17)
        (points 34 0.000000 0.000000 -1.000000 -1.000000 -1.000000 -1.000000 -1.000000 -1.000000 -1.000000 -1.000000 -1.000000 -1.000000 -1.000000 -1.000000 -1.000000 -1.000000 -1.000000 -1.000000 -1.000000 -1.000000 -1.000000 -1.000000 0.664110 0.675969 -1.000000 -1.000000 0.842791 0.914729 -1.000000 -1.000000 -1.000000 -1.000000 1.000000 1.000000)
        (n-samples 256)
        (samples 256 0.000000 0.003859 0.007719 0.011578 0.015437 0.019297 0.023156 0.027016 0.030876 0.034737 0.038597 0.042458 0.046319 0.050180 0.054042 0.057904 0.061767 0.065630 0.069493 0.073357 0.077222 0.081087 0.084952 0.088819 0.092686 0.096553 0.100421 0.104290 0.108160 0.112031 0.115902 0.119774 0.123647 0.127521 0.131396 0.135271 0.139148 0.143026 0.146904 0.150784 0.154665 0.158547 0.162430 0.166314 0.170200 0.174086 0.177974 0.181864 0.185754 0.189646 0.193539 0.197434 0.201330 0.205227 0.209126 0.213026 0.216928 0.220832 0.224737 0.228643 0.232551 0.236461 0.240373 0.244286 0.248201 0.252118 0.256037 0.259957 0.263880 0.267804 0.271730 0.275658 0.279588 0.283520 0.287454 0.291390 0.295328 0.299269 0.303211 0.307156 0.311102 0.315051 0.319003 0.322956 0.326912 0.330870 0.334830 0.338793 0.342758 0.346726 0.350696 0.354669 0.358644 0.362622 0.366602 0.370585 0.374570 0.378559 0.382549 0.386543 0.390539 0.394538 0.398540 0.402545 0.406553 0.410563 0.414576 0.418593 0.422612 0.426634 0.430659 0.434688 0.438719 0.442753 0.446791 0.450832 0.454876 0.458923 0.462973 0.467027 0.471084 0.475144 0.479208 0.483275 0.487345 0.491419 0.495496 0.499577 0.503662 0.507749 0.511841 0.515936 0.520034 0.524137 0.528243 0.532352 0.536466 0.540583 0.544704 0.548829 0.552958 0.557090 0.561227 0.565367 0.569511 0.573660 0.577812 0.581968 0.586129 0.590293 0.594462 0.598635 0.602812 0.606993 0.611179 0.615368 0.619562 0.623761 0.627963 0.632171 0.636382 0.640598 0.644818 0.649043 0.653272 0.657506 0.661745 0.665988 0.670236 0.675969 0.680299 0.684773 0.689383 0.694122 0.698983 0.703959 0.709043 0.714228 0.719507 0.724873 0.730318 0.735836 0.741420 0.747063 0.752757 0.758496 0.764272 0.770078 0.775908 0.781754 0.787610 0.793467 0.799320 0.805161 0.810983 0.816779 0.822541 0.828264 0.833939 0.839560 0.845120 0.850611 0.856027 0.861361 0.866605 0.871752 0.876796 0.881729 0.886545 0.891235 0.895794 0.900214 0.904488 0.908609 0.912570 0.914729 0.918451 0.922051 0.925535 0.928903 0.932160 0.935308 0.938351 0.941292 0.944133 0.946879 0.949531 0.952094 0.954569 0.956961 0.959273 0.961506 0.963666 0.965753 0.967773 0.969727 0.971620 0.973453 0.975230 0.976955 0.978630 0.980258 0.981842 0.983386 0.984893 0.986366 0.987807 0.989220 0.990608 0.991975 0.993322 0.994654 0.995973 0.997282 0.998586 1.000000))
    (channel blue)
    (curve
        (curve-type smooth)
        (n-points 17)
        (points 34 0.000000 0.000000 -1.000000 -1.000000 -1.000000 -1.000000 -1.000000 -1.000000 -1.000000 -1.000000 -1.000000 -1.000000 -1.000000 -1.000000 -1.000000 -1.000000 -1.000000 -1.000000 -1.000000 -1.000000 -1.000000 -1.000000 -1.000000 -1.000000 -1.000000 -1.000000 -1.000000 -1.000000 -1.000000 -1.000000 -1.000000 -1.000000 1.000000 1.000000)
        (n-samples 256)
        (samples 256 0.000000 0.003922 0.007843 0.011765 0.015686 0.019608 0.023529 0.027451 0.031373 0.035294 0.039216 0.043137 0.047059 0.050980 0.054902 0.058824 0.062745 0.066667 0.070588 0.074510 0.078431 0.082353 0.086275 0.090196 0.094118 0.098039 0.101961 0.105882 0.109804 0.113725 0.117647 0.121569 0.125490 0.129412 0.133333 0.137255 0.141176 0.145098 0.149020 0.152941 0.156863 0.160784 0.164706 0.168627 0.172549 0.176471 0.180392 0.184314 0.188235 0.192157 0.196078 0.200000 0.203922 0.207843 0.211765 0.215686 0.219608 0.223529 0.227451 0.231373 0.235294 0.239216 0.243137 0.247059 0.250980 0.254902 0.258824 0.262745 0.266667 0.270588 0.274510 0.278431 0.282353 0.286275 0.290196 0.294118 0.298039 0.301961 0.305882 0.309804 0.313725 0.317647 0.321569 0.325490 0.329412 0.333333 0.337255 0.341176 0.345098 0.349020 0.352941 0.356863 0.360784 0.364706 0.368627 0.372549 0.376471 0.380392 0.384314 0.388235 0.392157 0.396078 0.400000 0.403922 0.407843 0.411765 0.415686 0.419608 0.423529 0.427451 0.431373 0.435294 0.439216 0.443137 0.447059 0.450980 0.454902 0.458824 0.462745 0.466667 0.470588 0.474510 0.478431 0.482353 0.486275 0.490196 0.494118 0.498039 0.501961 0.505882 0.509804 0.513725 0.517647 0.521569 0.525490 0.529412 0.533333 0.537255 0.541176 0.545098 0.549020 0.552941 0.556863 0.560784 0.564706 0.568627 0.572549 0.576471 0.580392 0.584314 0.588235 0.592157 0.596078 0.600000 0.603922 0.607843 0.611765 0.615686 0.619608 0.623529 0.627451 0.631373 0.635294 0.639216 0.643137 0.647059 0.650980 0.654902 0.658824 0.662745 0.666667 0.670588 0.674510 0.678431 0.682353 0.686275 0.690196 0.694118 0.698039 0.701961 0.705882 0.709804 0.713725 0.717647 0.721569 0.725490 0.729412 0.733333 0.737255 0.741176 0.745098 0.749020 0.752941 0.756863 0.760784 0.764706 0.768627 0.772549 0.776471 0.780392 0.784314 0.788235 0.792157 0.796078 0.800000 0.803922 0.807843 0.811765 0.815686 0.819608 0.823529 0.827451 0.831373 0.835294 0.839216 0.843137 0.847059 0.850980 0.854902 0.858824 0.862745 0.866667 0.870588 0.874510 0.878431 0.882353 0.886275 0.890196 0.894118 0.898039 0.901961 0.905882 0.909804 0.913725 0.917647 0.921569 0.925490 0.929412 0.933333 0.937255 0.941176 0.945098 0.949020 0.952941 0.956863 0.960784 0.964706 0.968627 0.972549 0.976471 0.980392 0.984314 0.988235 0.992157 0.996078 1.000000))
    (channel alpha)
    (curve
        (curve-type smooth)
        (n-points 17)
        (n-samples 256)
        (samples 256 0.000000 0.003922 0.007843 0.011765 0.015686 0.019608 0.023529 0.027451 0.031373 0.035294 0.039216 0.043137 0.047059 0.050980 0.054902 0.058824 0.062745 0.066667 0.070588 0.074510 0.078431 0.082353 0.086275 0.090196 0.094118 0.098039 0.101961 0.105882 0.109804 0.113725 0.117647 0.121569 0.125490 0.129412 0.133333 0.137255 0.141176 0.145098 0.149020 0.152941 0.156863 0.160784 0.164706 0.168627 0.172549 0.176471 0.180392 0.184314 0.188235 0.192157 0.196078 0.200000 0.203922 0.207843 0.211765 0.215686 0.219608 0.223529 0.227451 0.231373 0.235294 0.239216 0.243137 0.247059 0.250980 0.254902 0.258824 0.262745 0.266667 0.270588 0.274510 0.278431 0.282353 0.286275 0.290196 0.294118 0.298039 0.301961 0.305882 0.309804 0.313725 0.317647 0.321569 0.325490 0.329412 0.333333 0.337255 0.341176 0.345098 0.349020 0.352941 0.356863 0.360784 0.364706 0.368627 0.372549 0.376471 0.380392 0.384314 0.388235 0.392157 0.396078 0.400000 0.403922 0.407843 0.411765 0.415686 0.419608 0.423529 0.427451 0.431373 0.435294 0.439216 0.443137 0.447059 0.450980 0.454902 0.458824 0.462745 0.466667 0.470588 0.474510 0.478431 0.482353 0.486275 0.490196 0.494118 0.498039 0.501961 0.505882 0.509804 0.513725 0.517647 0.521569 0.525490 0.529412 0.533333 0.537255 0.541176 0.545098 0.549020 0.552941 0.556863 0.560784 0.564706 0.568627 0.572549 0.576471 0.580392 0.584314 0.588235 0.592157 0.596078 0.600000 0.603922 0.607843 0.611765 0.615686 0.619608 0.623529 0.627451 0.631373 0.635294 0.639216 0.643137 0.647059 0.650980 0.654902 0.658824 0.662745 0.666667 0.670588 0.674510 0.678431 0.682353 0.686275 0.690196 0.694118 0.698039 0.701961 0.705882 0.709804 0.713725 0.717647 0.721569 0.725490 0.729412 0.733333 0.737255 0.741176 0.745098 0.749020 0.752941 0.756863 0.760784 0.764706 0.768627 0.772549 0.776471 0.780392 0.784314 0.788235 0.792157 0.796078 0.800000 0.803922 0.807843 0.811765 0.815686 0.819608 0.823529 0.827451 0.831373 0.835294 0.839216 0.843137 0.847059 0.850980 0.854902 0.858824 0.862745 0.866667 0.870588 0.874510 0.878431 0.882353 0.886275 0.890196 0.894118 0.898039 0.901961 0.905882 0.909804 0.913725 0.917647 0.921569 0.925490 0.929412 0.933333 0.937255 0.941176 0.945098 0.949020 0.952941 0.956863 0.960784 0.964706 0.968627 0.972549 0.976471 0.980392 0.984314 0.988235 0.992157 0.996078 1.000000)))
But to use it you''ll need to add it to GimpCurvesConfig.settings. I have it in GIMPPortable\Data\.gimp\filters\GimpCurvesConfig.settings, for an installation of GIMP it would be filters\GimpCurvesConfig.settings inside profile folder: https://www.gimp.org/tutorials/GIMPProfile/
I also excluded the green stripes by using "Select by Color" tool with Select by: Saturation.
Oh, then I also reduced the amount of coloring by mixing 21.8% or original image in.
pheYonyx wrote:Okay, I found out what bugged the hirelings — forced MouseLook always on. I searched this topic, found how to disable it, disabled it and now talking to them is fine.
Could you elaborate?
pheYonyx wrote:Although after the change I reloaded several times, fired extra Teacher and now the first NPC that's already hired has "Join" option and "Diplomacy Expert" option.
If I click "Diplomacy Expert", the game freezes, giving me this thing:
Your savegame where this happens is needed.
Last edited by GrayFace on 01 Aug 2019, 05:01, edited 6 times in total.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

qtish
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby qtish » 01 Aug 2019, 17:09

GrayFace wrote:
Templayer wrote:Save Load scumming won't be limited. Rodril has a stance on it that if somebody wants to save and load until they loot what they want, let them do it, it is a player choice, do not force anyone to play a certain way. And it wouldn't help anyway - the players would simply save moments before the creature's death if your suggestion was implemented.
Here's a script I should have shared earlier: https://www.dropbox.com/s/y5yt5dxv72524 ... e.lua?dl=1
Put it into Scripts\Global folder. It will make monster treasure randomized on map start rather than each time you pick a corpse. Tell me if it works or not, because I haven't tested it on older MMExt.
It works. Here are 3 screenshots of 3 looting attempts of the same monster at slightly different angle, to make it look different.
https://gyazo.com/631fefab0b37c398406502cb35f3a02c
https://gyazo.com/c7731728c3f70af1642043c5e764b308
https://gyazo.com/63f22b9ee0081619557c9651ebbe2d69

Is it possible to make it on a global scale to affect chests too? I tried to loot artifact chests upon first time visiting the area, everytime was getting different artifact.
Last edited by qtish on 01 Aug 2019, 17:18, edited 3 times in total.

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 01 Aug 2019, 19:01

The Chaos Conspiracy Redone is finished and has been upload to the Nexus. :-D
1. Start with more money.
2. Store open late hours.
3. Stable and Boat travel almost everyday plus everyday area.
4. Six new quests that help prepare you better for those brutes in Kastution Waters. Three quests are at Ellesia, where you should go first. One quest is at Sutter's Bay and it will take you to two other quests.
5. New textures, sprites, and models.
6. New helmets, shields, rings, and bows.
7. Two new towns. One in "The Far Reaches" and the other in "Glacier's End". They have shops that give services and NPCs for hire.
8. Monstors drop more money and useful stuff.
9. and other changes.
There is a readme file it the zip as to how to install.
The items that can be used in the merge are listed in the numbers 5,6, and possible the six quests can be added. :D
Here is the link: https://www.nexusmods.com/mightandmight ... escription
David Hernandez
Last edited by DaveHer on 01 Aug 2019, 19:03, edited 1 time in total.

unknownone
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby unknownone » 01 Aug 2019, 22:18

Great work David! Thank you very much!
To be sure, is this version going to work only with the Merge or is it standalone as the original one?
I've played and enjoyed many RPGs:
MM6,MM7,MM8,MM9, Fallout 1&2, Planescape Torment, Torment: ToN, TES3, TES4

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 02 Aug 2019, 02:03

unknownone wrote:Great work David! Thank you very much!
To be sure, is this version going to work only with the Merge or is it standalone as the original one?
It is standalone you do not need the merge and thank you the your comment. :)
David Hernandez

Return to “Might and Magic”