Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Maslyonok
Pixie
Pixie

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Unread postby Maslyonok » 20 Jul 2019, 17:08

Damn, how can I pull a wetsuit on a dragon? :D

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 20 Jul 2019, 18:02

Maslyonok wrote:Damn, how can I pull a wetsuit on a dragon? :D
This happen to me. I placed a wet suit in each of the player inventory. Then went into the ocean and the suit came on automatically. I do not know if this will still work. :) David

Maslyonok
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Maslyonok » 20 Jul 2019, 18:23

DaveHer wrote:
This happen to me. I placed a wet suit in each of the player inventory. Then went into the ocean and the suit came on automatically. I do not know if this will still work. :) David
It just works, thanks. :)
More about underwater suits:
Hands are not drown while holding weapon - Image
The quality of dwarf's underwater suit paperdoll is frustrating, I have to notice. =( Image

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 20 Jul 2019, 20:25

Maslyonok wrote:
DaveHer wrote:
It just works, thanks. :)
More about underwater suits:
Hands are not drown while holding weapon - Image
The quality of dwarf's underwater suit paperdoll is frustrating, I have to notice. =( Image
.... added to the Bug Tracker. :D
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

Dedicated MMMerge Forum (Bug Tracker included): shorturl.at/lryAF

raekuul
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby raekuul » 21 Jul 2019, 03:17

Just as a point of note as we're talking about those,
  1. The wetsuit blocks any and all equipment that isn't itself or a blaster in vanilla MM7, so if that is changed for Merge we'd need to create those "hands holding gear" assets for the wetsuits
  2. The transition from AvLee to The Shoals is supposed to be a one-day map border transition (ending all active spells), with the special addition of removing all non-party hirelings. As it is, The Lincoln is trivialized by the transition not ending Invisibility (though I don't know if that can be stopped without also shutting down the casting of magic in the Plane of Water).
Last edited by raekuul on 21 Jul 2019, 03:21, edited 4 times in total.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 21 Jul 2019, 08:07

raekuul wrote:Just as a point of note as we're talking about those,
  1. The wetsuit blocks any and all equipment that isn't itself or a blaster in vanilla MM7, so if that is changed for Merge we'd need to create those "hands holding gear" assets for the wetsuits
  2. The transition from AvLee to The Shoals is supposed to be a one-day map border transition (ending all active spells), with the special addition of removing all non-party hirelings. As it is, The Lincoln is trivialized by the transition not ending Invisibility (though I don't know if that can be stopped without also shutting down the casting of magic in the Plane of Water).
Added to the Bug Report.

Maslyonok
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Maslyonok » 21 Jul 2019, 18:16

Faced such a problem that the game displays only the first paragraph of the Verdant's text about The Breach.
I have the same problem with and without localization (here's a screenshot where I removed the localization string and the text in English is still not fully displayed)

Which is pretty bad, because information about how to get to The Breach just disappears.
This problem is solved by removing the division on paragraphs (continuous text), but it’s much more beautiful to see a text in paragraphs than a wall of text, right?
I would like to know if anyone has encountered this problem? (even if you are playing in the English version)
Ah, yes, this problem applies only to the texts from the LocalizeTables, apparently.
Last edited by Maslyonok on 21 Jul 2019, 18:18, edited 1 time in total.

alekssandros
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby alekssandros » 22 Jul 2019, 02:59

is normal that the reputation re-start when u change from a continent to other many times or is a bug?

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 22 Jul 2019, 16:06

Maslyonok wrote:Faced such a problem that the game displays only the first paragraph of the Verdant's text about The Breach.
I have the same problem with and without localization (here's a screenshot where I removed the localization string and the text in English is still not fully displayed)

Which is pretty bad, because information about how to get to The Breach just disappears.
This problem is solved by removing the division on paragraphs (continuous text), but it’s much more beautiful to see a text in paragraphs than a wall of text, right?
I would like to know if anyone has encountered this problem? (even if you are playing in the English version)
Ah, yes, this problem applies only to the texts from the LocalizeTables, apparently.
Added to the Bug Tracker.
alekssandros wrote:is normal that the reputation re-start when u change from a continent to other many times or is a bug?
It is a known bug - if you use Town Portal (or Dimension Door) while in turn-based your reputation resets.

alekssandros
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby alekssandros » 22 Jul 2019, 17:33

Templayer wrote:
alekssandros wrote:is normal that the reputation re-start when u change from a continent to other many times or is a bug?
It is a known bug - if you use Town Portal (or Dimension Door) while in turn-based your reputation resets.
I wasnt in turn based mode :(

now I save it before transporting and I used lloys beacon

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 22 Jul 2019, 17:59

alekssandros wrote:
Templayer wrote:

Oh. Are you sure? If you are, could you write down a detailed report for me to add to the Bug Tracker? We need to differentiate it from the turn-based one. :tsup:

Maslyonok
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Maslyonok » 22 Jul 2019, 19:15

Templayer wrote:
alekssandros wrote:
Templayer wrote:

Oh. Are you sure? If you are, could you write down a detailed report for me to add to the Bug Tracker? We need to differentiate it from the turn-based one. :tsup:
It will take more time to fix all these bugs than developing the whole mod. :D

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 22 Jul 2019, 19:24

Maslyonok wrote:
Templayer wrote:
alekssandros wrote:

It will take more time to fix all these bugs than developing the whole mod. :D
Joke's on you! IT ALREADY DID. :D :D :D
(Rodril has been fixing bugs for years it feels like. And probably is.)

nowy0000
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby nowy0000 » 23 Jul 2019, 11:17

Mod is awesome, good luck to finish work :-)
Last edited by nowy0000 on 23 Jul 2019, 11:25, edited 1 time in total.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 23 Jul 2019, 13:26

majaj wrote:Hello, i get "Failed to load "fasm_Assemble" function from "ExeMods\MMExtension\FASM.dll"" when i try to run mm8.exe. I did first two steps from install guide: downloaded mm8 from gog and mod files (1,6 gb), and i copied them to mm8 folder. Please help.
Download https://grayface.github.io/mm/ext/ and copy all files into game folder WITHOUT overwriting.
Sinael wrote:Here's a question: is there any way to disable the texture filtering (make it nearest neighbour), without going into software mode?
Also is it possible to enable anisotropic filtering? The textures on the angled surfaces look really smudged so anisotropy would help with that.
Ideally I want something similar to Texture_nearest_mipmap_Linear+anisotropy 16 mode some quake sourceports have - makes textures look crisp up close, but use linearily filtered mipmaps+anisotropy on textures further away which results in a nice crisp look.
First, try enforcing anisotropic filtering through Nvidia Control Panel or something similar for AMD. Then reduce MipmapsCount value in mm8.ini to make things crisper. I haven't made the transition to a newer version of DirectX, so setting that from the game is impossible. Though, setting linear neighbor filtering should probably be possible.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 23 Jul 2019, 15:51

GrayFace wrote:
Sinael wrote:Here's a question: is there any way to disable the texture filtering (make it nearest neighbour), without going into software mode?
Also is it possible to enable anisotropic filtering? The textures on the angled surfaces look really smudged so anisotropy would help with that.
Ideally I want something similar to Texture_nearest_mipmap_Linear+anisotropy 16 mode some quake sourceports have - makes textures look crisp up close, but use linearily filtered mipmaps+anisotropy on textures further away which results in a nice crisp look.
First, try enforcing anisotropic filtering through Nvidia Control Panel or something similar for AMD. Then reduce MipmapsCount value in mm8.ini to make things crisper. I haven't made the transition to a newer version of DirectX, so setting that from the game is impossible. Though, setting linear neighbor filtering should probably be possible.
This prompted me to finally set the game properly (hardware settings), and enforce the game to use my Titan X. Supersampling antialiasing for the win!

Looks great. Too bad it is going to get rewritten (my game's settings, that is). If Rodril returns, that is.

alekssandros
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby alekssandros » 23 Jul 2019, 16:11

BUG REPORT:
After train in Misty Islands, TP to New Sorpigal. Make some skill up (mind, spirit and body). LB to Turulean Forest. skill up ID Monster and dagger. go to town hall to get a good bounty hunt (quick save and quick load unstil get a bounty over 3k) got a 3.4k bounty for a dwarf I think (by the way, the reputation was in 2 when I go to Antagarich but return to 103 when I am in Enroth. I assumed this like normal) easy hunted, claimed reward then LB to New Sorpigal (was past 10 am) go to town hall to get a bounty over 3k. got a 4k in the first intent for an earth elemental. After Killed I went to claim the reward. check the reputation counter and was 6 like in Antagarich and no 105 :(

Lucky me, I saved the game after the training. Repited all (this time without hunt the bounty in Turulean Forest) The reputation counter is normal now. No Idea what can ativate this bug. I hunted the bounty in Antagarich after check reputation and didnt happens again the counter change.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 23 Jul 2019, 18:07

alekssandros wrote:BUG REPORT:
After train in Misty Islands, TP to New Sorpigal. Make some skill up (mind, spirit and body). LB to Turulean Forest. skill up ID Monster and dagger. go to town hall to get a good bounty hunt (quick save and quick load unstil get a bounty over 3k) got a 3.4k bounty for a dwarf I think (by the way, the reputation was in 2 when I go to Antagarich but return to 103 when I am in Enroth. I assumed this like normal) easy hunted, claimed reward then LB to New Sorpigal (was past 10 am) go to town hall to get a bounty over 3k. got a 4k in the first intent for an earth elemental. After Killed I went to claim the reward. check the reputation counter and was 6 like in Antagarich and no 105 :(

Lucky me, I saved the game after the training. Repited all (this time without hunt the bounty in Turulean Forest) The reputation counter is normal now. No Idea what can ativate this bug. I hunted the bounty in Antagarich after check reputation and didnt happens again the counter change.
Reputation is bound to continent, or to area in some cases.

Unfortunately I have great trouble reading what you have written. Are you russian by any chance? There are a few russians around here, so if you gave them a russian version, they could be able to translate it to English.

I'll put it into the Bug Tracker as it is now, but I would love "if post correct version"! :oex: :D :devious:

justl
Demon
Demon

Unread postby justl » 23 Jul 2019, 19:41

Templayer wrote:
alekssandros wrote:BUG REPORT:
1. trained in Misty Islands, Townportaled to New Sorpigal.
2. skilled some skills (mind, spirit and body).
3. portaled to Tularean Forest. skill up ID Monster and dagger.
4. go to town hall to get a good bounty hunt (quick save and quick load until you get a bounty over 3k)
5. got a 3.4k bounty for a dwarf I think (by the way, the reputation was in 2 when I go to Antagarich (mm7), but return to 103 when I am in Enroth (mm6). I assumed this like normal)
6. hunted dwarve, claimed reward then portaled to New Sorpigal (was past 10 am)
7. go to town hall to get a bounty over 3k. got a 4k in the first intent for an earth elemental.
8. After Kill I went to claim the reward. checked the reputation counter and it was 6 like in Antagarich and not 105 :(

Lucky me, I saved the game after the training. Repeated all (this time without hunt the bounty in Turulean Forest)
The reputation counter is normal now. No Idea what can ativate this bug.
I hunted the bounty in Antagarich after reputation-check and counter change didnt happen again.
Reputation is bound to continent, or to area in some cases.

Unfortunately I have great trouble reading what you have written. Are you russian by any chance? There are a few russians around here, so if you gave them a russian version, they could be able to translate it to English.

I'll put it into the Bug Tracker as it is now, but I would love "if post correct version"! :oex: :D :devious:
put his sentences a bit apart and numbered, if that helps
somewhere in the thread is the info from rodril, that reputation is mapbound even in mm6 (and not over whole enroth like in vanilla)
Last edited by justl on 23 Jul 2019, 19:42, edited 1 time in total.
V2: Compendium of mm6-8 Secrets + Details about the base merge and DaveHer's redone merge (its in english!)
https://www.mightandmagicworld.de/fileb ... index.html

Maslyonok
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Maslyonok » 23 Jul 2019, 19:47

Templayer wrote: There are a few russians around here
*reverence*

Return to “Might and Magic”