Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
raekuul
War Dancer
War Dancer

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Unread postby raekuul » 17 Jul 2019, 14:45

During Hardware Mode, upon attempting to Town Portal into The Breach so that I can complete the quest regarding Runaway Chaos, I receive a popup with the message "HiScreen16::LoadTexture - D3Drend -> CreateTexture() failed:0", followed by either a hang or a crash to desktop.
Last edited by raekuul on 17 Jul 2019, 14:47, edited 2 times in total.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 17 Jul 2019, 16:28

raekuul wrote:During Hardware Mode, upon attempting to Town Portal into The Breach so that I can complete the quest regarding Runaway Chaos, I receive a popup with the message "HiScreen16::LoadTexture - D3Drend -> CreateTexture() failed:0", followed by either a hang or a crash to desktop.
Added to the Bug Tracker.
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

Dedicated MMMerge Forum (Bug Tracker included): shorturl.at/lryAF

Maslyonok
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Maslyonok » 18 Jul 2019, 08:42

I've been thinking, why not make different dates in different worlds? The events of the M&M6,7,8 occur at different times, isn't it? It will be a small interesting feature

Thonkerton
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Thonkerton » 18 Jul 2019, 16:33

Maslyonok wrote:I've been thinking, why not make different dates in different worlds? The events of the M&M6,7,8 occur at different times, isn't it? It will be a small interesting feature
The dialogue with the monarchs is also pretty hilarious, depending on which order you finish the areas.
Roland "Haha you wouldn't believe I was actually imprisoned by devils" after my group was the ones who saved him, Catherine is also pretty cold about social visits to her castle Gryphonheart even after the whole crystal thing/saving the world in Jadame.
Edit. It would be nice if there was a sensible dialogue with the monarchs, though it'd probably be difficult to accommodate the whole time traveling part.
Last edited by Thonkerton on 18 Jul 2019, 16:35, edited 1 time in total.

Maslyonok
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Maslyonok » 18 Jul 2019, 18:12

Thonkerton wrote:
Maslyonok wrote:I've been thinking, why not make different dates in different worlds? The events of the M&M6,7,8 occur at different times, isn't it? It will be a small interesting feature
The dialogue with the monarchs is also pretty hilarious, depending on which order you finish the areas.
Roland "Haha you wouldn't believe I was actually imprisoned by devils" after my group was the ones who saved him, Catherine is also pretty cold about social visits to her castle Gryphonheart even after the whole crystal thing/saving the world in Jadame.
Edit. It would be nice if there was a sensible dialogue with the monarchs, though it'd probably be difficult to accommodate the whole time traveling part.
Who knows, maybe they have a bad memory for faces? :D

majaj
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby majaj » 18 Jul 2019, 19:37

Hello, i get "Failed to load "fasm_Assemble" function from "ExeMods\MMExtension\FASM.dll"" when i try to run mm8.exe. I did first two steps from install guide: downloaded mm8 from gog and mod files (1,6 gb), and i copied them to mm8 folder. Please help.

raekuul
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby raekuul » 18 Jul 2019, 21:01

Thonkerton wrote:
I was expecting (and mildly disappoined) that certain events didn't require certain other quests to be done first, though the game becoming a Timey Wimey Ball is supposed to be a plot point in Merge.
  • Picking an Arbiter in Antagarich before you've released Archibald over in Enroth
  • Archibald giving you a Blaster when you enter Eofol for the first time even though he's still a statue
  • Catherine going to Jadame before the AvLee/Erathia war is settled
  • Roland going with Catherine to Jadame while he's still imprisoned in Colony Zod
  • Escaton telling you that the Kreegan Hive has been destroyed when it hasn't
although admittedly the Pre-Arbiter Eofol Run causes story problems anyway - is there a way to turn off the Archibald Gives You A Blaster event until you've at least started the Assassinate Rival Advisor quest (since that way he's moved out to Clanker's Lab in both Light and Dark routes)?

EDIT: So there's a bit of an issue with the Riddle segment of the Breach - whether you answer a riddle right or wrong, you are told "Not quite, friend. Not quite." This confused me for a couple of days since I thought the game was rejecting my answers as incorrect.
Last edited by raekuul on 18 Jul 2019, 22:56, edited 3 times in total.

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 19 Jul 2019, 00:10

Chaos Conspiracy Redone (CCR) is almost finished. I will need GrayFace help one last time to finish it. The Last two maps that needed to be done were "The Far Reaches" and "Baal's Garden". The modification done to these two map were inspired by "The Tularean Forest" See the new pics: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... A1jltJVLAx. Double click for larger image. The Shine Of The Gods in Baal's Garden now gives 20+ to all and the wall will take you to New World Computing. The new textures and sprites also work with the merge. The first three Pics are of the merge.
@GrayFace
I made a new town in "Glacier's End" with shops that are working. You click on their door and you get servce. I used the same procedure for "The Far Reaches" but it did not work. When you click on the door nothing happens. The mod will be finished if that can be fixed. :)
I fixed the problem myself. The compiler did not create the OUTA3.lua file for "The Far Reaches" as it did for the "Glacier's End". So I copied the decompiled file that I have for it and added the six houses and placed it in the scripts/maps folder and that was it. CCR is finished and will be uploaded to the Nexus soon. I have to check a few things first. There may be a problem with patch 2.3.1 because I made that town after installing the patch. "Glacier's End" was made before installing the patch.:-
David
Last edited by DaveHer on 19 Jul 2019, 14:12, edited 2 times in total.

Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Anubis » 19 Jul 2019, 02:25

@DaveHer

Do you need the MMMerge files to play that mod?

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 19 Jul 2019, 02:59

Anubis wrote:@DaveHer

Do you need the MMMerge files to play that mod?
To play CCR you do not need the merge files. All the new models and sprites that I made for it can be used in the merge as the first three pics indicate. :)

Sinael
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Sinael » 19 Jul 2019, 09:21

Here's a question: is there any way to disable the texture filtering (make it nearest neighbour), without going into software mode?
Also is it possible to enable anisotropic filtering? The textures on the angled surfaces look really smudged so anisotropy would help with that.
Ideally I want something similar to Texture_nearest_mipmap_Linear+anisotropy 16 mode some quake sourceports have - makes textures look crisp up close, but use linearily filtered mipmaps+anisotropy on textures further away which results in a nice crisp look.

Maslyonok
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Maslyonok » 19 Jul 2019, 14:11

How to implement Russian letters in the game? Without this, you cannot write answers to translated riddles.
I also can't translate the Telelocator's menu. No matter where I searched, I can’t find the file I need to translate.

It is necessary to somehow solve these problems, but until then the localization cannot be considered complete. :rip:
So I ask your help, friends ;|

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 19 Jul 2019, 14:21

Maslyonok wrote:How to implement Russian letters in the game? Without this, you cannot write answers to translated riddles.
I also can't translate the Telelocator's menu. No matter where I searched, I can’t find the file I need to translate.

It is necessary to somehow solve these problems, but until then the localization cannot be considered complete. :rip:
So I ask your help, friends ;|
Did you extract the text files from the EnglishT.lod file? They have to be there. :)
David

Maslyonok
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Maslyonok » 19 Jul 2019, 15:30

DaveHer wrote: Did you extract the text files from the EnglishT.lod file? They have to be there. :)
David
Of course I did, but didn't find nothing. :S

majaj
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby majaj » 19 Jul 2019, 16:08

majaj wrote:Hello, i get "Failed to load "fasm_Assemble" function from "ExeMods\MMExtension\FASM.dll"" when i try to run mm8.exe. I did first two steps from install guide: downloaded mm8 from gog and mod files (1,6 gb), and i copied them to mm8 folder. Please help.
Can somebody help please ?

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 19 Jul 2019, 16:18

That could break a bazillion things. We would have to make a standalone bug tracker for that! :D :D
majaj wrote:Hello, i get "Failed to load "fasm_Assemble" function from "ExeMods\MMExtension\FASM.dll"" when i try to run mm8.exe. I did first two steps from install guide: downloaded mm8 from gog and mod files (1,6 gb), and i copied them to mm8 folder. Please help.
PC specs? System? Some more info would be nice.
GrayFace wrote:I am the creator of MMExtension, bow to me! :gking2:
:D

@Anonymous on the tracker that fixed a cra-pton of typos there.
Thanks, changes were accepted. Please recheck if I've accepted everything I should've. Good job.

majaj
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby majaj » 19 Jul 2019, 16:23

Templayer wrote:
Win7 , i7-2670QM, 8 GB Ram , GeForce GT525M / Intel HD Graphics 3000

Maslyonok
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Maslyonok » 19 Jul 2019, 18:36

A rare bug - Verdant gave me one ring for passing M&M6, but for passing M&M8 two at once :D
I loaded a little earlier and tried to repeat, but each time I received one ring as it should be.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 19 Jul 2019, 21:09

majaj wrote:
Templayer wrote:
Win7 , i7-2670QM, 8 GB Ram , GeForce GT525M / Intel HD Graphics 3000
I am shooting in the dark here, but I am not sure the game runs on an Intel HD graphical unit. Could you try enforcing it to use the GeForce?
Also if you were to search this thread for Jamesx's posts and get them from the newest ones, then there should be a preinstalled fully working version in a link he gave out after going through several newest posts of his. This could reduce the cause, since it could be a faulty install. If it works, it means it is, and if it doesn't work, it means the problem lies elsewhere.
Just in case, the usual questions: Did you run the gog install as an administrator? Do you have UAC turned off?
Also if you did anything else than a MM8 gog install (I presume that was an English one) and copying (and replacing! Wait.... did it prompt you for replace? Just going for every possibility here... and I once had a case of a guy extracting something in a subfolder instead of a folder... so I am inspecting all avenues :D ) the base Merge?

Also be sure to visit the Tracker for additional information!
Maslyonok wrote:A rare bug - Verdant gave me one ring for passing M&M6, but for passing M&M8 two at once :D
I loaded a little earlier and tried to repeat, but each time I received one ring as it should be.
Added to the Bug Tracker.

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 19 Jul 2019, 21:21

Maslyonok wrote:A rare bug - Verdant gave me one ring for passing M&M6, but for passing M&M8 two at once :D
Keep in mind that you need five in total for your five party members. For that reason it's not really a bug.

Return to “Might and Magic”