H4 Mods

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Roticet
Peasant
Peasant

H4 Mods

Unread postby Roticet » 01 Jul 2019, 13:05

Which mod for H4 is recommended? The Equilibrius one, or that one that's called H4's Greatest Mod Ever? Which would you guys recommend? Really enjoying H3 Era 2 mod so far if that helps???

iLiVeInAbOx05
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Re: H4 Mods

Unread postby iLiVeInAbOx05 » 01 Jul 2019, 16:18

Most people use Equilibris.

Greatest Mod would be what you want if you want to play with slightly different lineups for the factions. Greatest Mod is based on Equilibris if I remember correctly, but then Nimostar made a lot of his own changes.

Roticet
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Roticet » 02 Jul 2019, 11:22

I will use Equilibris then. Thanks. :)

iLiVeInAbOx05
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby iLiVeInAbOx05 » 02 Jul 2019, 19:10

No prob! Not trying to push you away from Greatest Mod. There has been a lot of good feedback for it and you should try it out at some point as well :D

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 14 Jul 2019, 08:15

Biggest differences between the 2 is that Equilibris sought to improve the balance of the game, especially for multiplayer games, with stat changes, cost changes, income change and such. Aswell as trying to fix some bugs and even out the usual creature choice of eg. Cyclops vs Ogre Magi and Vampires vs Venom Spawns.

Greatest mod (in it's various forms - I believe he released another mod as well) completely overhauls the game, with new faction line ups, renamed creatures/structures, changes in creature abilities, stats changes, allowing heroes to look like creatures, adding new objects I recall and tons of more stuff.

So basically Equilibris is H4 improved where as Greatest Mod is 'forget what you knew about H4 and consider it a different game"
I'm silent in seven languages - and I got all my familys fear.
Everytime you throw dirt, you loose a little ground

Return to “Heroes I-IV”