Talk about the weather

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Re: Talk about the weather

Unread postby Kalah » 30 May 2018, 14:55

We are breaking all kinds of records in terms of sun and heat up here. Currently touching 30°C during the daytime, and in the south of Norway we have just had the hottest May month in 100 years.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 30 May 2018, 18:24

We had a rain, a moment ago. Like first summer rain shower in this year. Apart that is Spring and it's almost not raining here at all.

I read a theory, a bit backed too, that overall the humidity in Europe is increasing but only in the north. The south is drying out. Poor Italy, obviously we are in the middle..
Last edited by Pol on 30 May 2018, 19:38, edited 1 time in total.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 31 May 2018, 04:40

In Michigan, temperature is only high or low and it feels like there are only two seasons - the worst ones. :(

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 02 Jun 2018, 09:03

Here, an almost cool weather appeared, it rained, then rained, then it got hot again. Autumm is not really in the mood.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 12 Jun 2018, 18:57

It's almost 16h and the lights are already on on the streets. Some angry nimbus clouds gathered on the whole region and a gasthly wind is blowing everwhere, hot and cool at the same time, and it's going to rain A LOT. Too bad it'll start when I'm going out of the office.

EDIT:

Actually, it started right now, angry rain out there and the winds simply stopped. Eerie... :S
Last edited by Panda Tar on 12 Jun 2018, 18:59, edited 1 time in total.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 12 Jun 2018, 21:06

There were short storms last three days. Yesterday it seems that two people died, as they were in canalization questing before they could find geocache and it was all too sudden. Thankfully two were saved. :D

But the weather is dire.

By the way is time of strawberries, yummy!
Last edited by Pol on 12 Jun 2018, 21:17, edited 1 time in total.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 13 Jun 2018, 06:31

The strawberry season in Denmark seems to have gone bad. Hardly no rain in May but the highes temperatures in 85 years, has kickstarted the season, with the risk of shortening the season for up to 4-6 weeks. The berry's simply ripe too fast, leaving them over riped and watery and not as tasty as Danish strawberrys are known to be. So while we cant complain about the superb weather, it seems 2018 won't be a strawberry summer for us.
I'm silent in seven languages - and I got all my familys fear.
Everytime you throw dirt, you loose a little ground

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 13 Jun 2018, 18:46

Hmm, notorious Denmark summer. :P

Here's also hot, however last week is more stormy than a hot, but no worries, hot weather will return. As for strawberries people can harvest them twice a day, so fast they ripe.
"We made it!"

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 13 Jun 2018, 20:03

One week for Winter and we got 22ºC today. The storm of yesterday moved yonder, and we had a nice sunny day around here, with cool breezes. Clouds are amassing now though, but I'm not sure it'll rain tonight. Meanwhile, we find strawberries on sale here and there.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 27 Jun 2018, 18:35

Yesterday wrote:It's raining, quite a wonder right now. A shortly before I was swimming and there was nice cloudy sunset. And a duck, among us swimmers.
"We made it!"

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 18 Jul 2018, 18:40

In Norway (southern half), we're breaking all records of heat. No real rain to speak of since May, and not much rain coming for the next month either. This is good news for tourists and people enjoying the sun, but on the other hand farmers are now really struggling with the fact that there's no food for their cattle. They're looking at forced slaughtering of thousands of cattle unless the government can help them get hold of some food from abroad - possible America.

There are also hundreds of forest fires all over the place. Sweden are struggling with the same thing, unable to put out the fires and just trying to keep them in check. Helicopters and planes are coming from abroad to help out, but it seems the only thing that can stop the fires is a week of rain.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 18 Jul 2018, 19:26

Hey, look, it's Kalah! Jump on him and grab a leg before he vanishes! *jumps in a fluffy way and cuddle Kalah after grabbing him*

That sounds bad! Hope the rains don't take too much longer to cascade on those wildfires.

Although we are reaching the midst of Winter, it's 28ºC outside. Just like that! :sweat: We had some cool weather these days, a few days reaching 10ºC (had snow at the coldest cities in this State), making people here fetch their blankets and coats and the flu, as usual. This warm weather brought a strong rain two days ago, that felt rather nice after the absence of rain for some days; although nicer for it was warm, because we had a 5-day nonstop rain during the cold days, which was a downright abomination. :canthear:

Still, weather forecast is prophesying a mass of cold air coming this friday, and possible cold rains to follow. :(
Last edited by Panda Tar on 18 Jul 2018, 19:27, edited 1 time in total.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 20 Jul 2018, 15:47

Too hot here and it will be worse. But again, I don't like parched days in general.
"We made it!"

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 21 Aug 2018, 09:53

Damned hot weather. According the forecast there should been some colder waves (..they all dispensed over Germany) but apart from two short rains, there was nothing and we are continuing on the hot temps at least to Sat.

So, this started 20.7 and with exception of cca four rains/colder days it happily continues, temps are going around +35°C per day. Though nights are finally colder.

And the grass is khaki, at the best.
"We made it!"

liam
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby liam » 27 Aug 2018, 21:04

Pol wrote:Too hot to find best personal alarm for college students and it will be worse. But again, I don't like parched days in general.
Me too!
Last edited by liam on 29 Aug 2018, 20:21, edited 1 time in total.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 29 Aug 2018, 12:48

Oh yes, there were few colder days(4) but they are over. Though the temps are now a little lower - around 28°C.

I just digged out some old article from August 2007, which exactly says that in this month temperatures ranged from 25-28°C. So overall they were about 8°C below.
"We made it!"

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 26 Jun 2019, 19:49

Another year, just worsen the problem. Whole Europe is in grasp of Sahara Air Stream, including some tidy-bitty mini almost very gentle sand's dust. 38° C over day, with almost no humidity, so feeling like in 48°C. Still almost 30° now in the beginning of the night.

I never seen so small potatoes, black burned strawberries or pods. If I could I would vote to breaking Air contact with Africa. This desert is too much active worldwide.
"We made it!"

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 26 Jun 2019, 20:42

Here it's been kinda odd. Yesterday we had 30°C at afternoon, sunny, beautiful almost summer day. Today, rainy 13°C just like that.

But be careful up there. These low humidity hot days are very dangerous because you don't notice getting dehydrated, given you don't sweat.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 20 Jul 2019, 23:44

Its hot alright! Even here in middle Norway.. Worst was when my apartment by the coast went up to 30 degrees.. Helps a little with open doors but my, huge windows even with darkish curtains counter that nicely. Better to stay outside where its "just" 28 degrees these days...

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 22 Jul 2019, 14:01

Dark curtains are worse, actually. As experienced I am here in Brazil with our 40ºC summers (and even 30°C winter as it is happening these days...), I have blackout curtains at home, but they sort of absorb heat. White and clear curtains might be better to reflect heat. If you have opposite windows at your place, it is the best way to make refresh air. :)

Or you can convince yourself heat is but a product of your mind. :lol:

Return to “Campfire”