Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Roticet
Peasant
Peasant

Re: Great work, need help

Unread postby Roticet » 18 Jun 2019, 18:13

Templayer wrote:
Crusader_bin wrote:
Crusader_bin wrote:
If you want, I can zip my entire game folder and upload when I get back home. It should take about 5 min.
Whole thing for anyone that needs it, installed configured and working: https://mega.nz/#!3wUTgQQZ!ZAkIrGUQxT3o ... a8XO5k2yt4

Dunno If any path locations are embeded in any of the files/registry, so keep that in mind I guess? But someone up above wrote they got the links working, so they probably are not broken in the first place :) Oh, well... Took but a moment anyway.
Actually the download fails at 100% while decrypting. It looks like you didn't include the whole decryption key in the link?
I was going to say what Jamesx said, but he beat me to it. So I erased it lol
Last edited by Roticet on 18 Jun 2019, 18:14, edited 1 time in total.

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 18 Jun 2019, 18:16

And well, here we have all reasons on why this mod needs to be updated. Again. ^^;;;;; Sorry about that, Rodril, but as Templayer says, it's pivotal now, so that this mod doesn't die.
Rodril wrote:*pokepoke*
I didn't waste so many days working on different characters just to see this mod die now, did I?
Last edited by SpectralDragon on 18 Jun 2019, 18:40, edited 2 times in total.
Yes?

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 18 Jun 2019, 18:36

Given the info I was given, I tried everything. Every possible combination of everything. I can get the base merge running, but the latest update just WON'T WORK.
Base merge, merge update, GrayFace's patch, the GF patch being installed in various parts of it or not at all, with the game being run in-between everything, in every combination, including putting everything over the top of existing merge (that people have said made it work). NOTHING AFFECTS IT.

Once again, there is something seriously stupid going on. Unfortunately I do not have the time to check the scripts on a file-per-file basis. :-S
We need to get Rodril some cash so that it would be a problem for him to just host the Merge as a single working and tested package. :D :D :D

EDIT: Also I haven't yet tried Jamesx's folder. Still downloading that one.
Last edited by Templayer on 18 Jun 2019, 18:53, edited 1 time in total.
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

Dedicated MMMerge Forum (Bug Tracker included): shorturl.at/lryAF

Roticet
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Roticet » 18 Jun 2019, 18:40

Templayer wrote:Given the info I was given, I tried everything. Every possible combination of everything. I can get the base merge running, but the latest update just WON'T WORK.
Base merge, merge update, GrayFace's patch, the GF patch being installed in various parts of it or not at all, with the game being run in-between everything, in every combination, including putting everything over the top of existing merge (that people have said made it work). NOTHING AFFECTS IT.

Once again, there is something seriously stupid going on. Unfortunately I do not have the time to check the scripts on a file-per-file basis. :-S
We need to get Rodril some cash so that it would be a problem for him to just host the Merge as a single working and tested package. :D :D :D

Where are you getting base mm8 from? CD, 3rd party source, or gog.com?

Roticet
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Roticet » 18 Jun 2019, 18:54

SpectralDragon wrote:And well, here we have all reasons on why this mod needs to be updated. Again. ^^;;;;; Sorry about that, Rodril, but as Templayer says, it's pivotal now, so that this mod doesn't die.
Rodril wrote:*pokepoke*
I didn't waste so many days working on different characters just to see this mod die now, did I?
To be fair, the mod is finished. Rodril got it working the way he wanted and intended for it to work.its been that way for a while. We have just added a fuck ton of suggestions, and he has been kind enough to humor us with the updates and patches he has been releasing. While I understand you dont want your work to go to waste, (I don't want to see that either, it's been great) it is ultimately up to rodril since he is the one doing the actual updates. Along with some help from grey face (in terms of working on the coding and getting everything actually working)

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 18 Jun 2019, 18:55

Roticet wrote:
Templayer wrote:Given the info I was given, I tried everything. Every possible combination of everything. I can get the base merge running, but the latest update just WON'T WORK.

GOG of course.

Roticet
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Roticet » 18 Jun 2019, 18:57

Templayer wrote:
Roticet wrote:

GOG of course.

Have you tried compatibility mode? The only reason I suggest it, is because it's the only thing I can think of that you didn't list specifically.

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 18 Jun 2019, 19:02

Roticet wrote:To be fair, the mod is finished. Rodril got it working the way he wanted and intended for it to work.its been that way for a while. We have just added a **** ton of suggestions, and he has been kind enough to humor us with the updates and patches he has been releasing. While I understand you dont want your work to go to waste, (I don't want to see that either, it's been great) it is ultimately up to rodril since he is the one doing the actual updates. Along with some help from grey face (in terms of working on the coding and getting everything actually working)
Okays ... then question when will the next thing resurface from me. Black Dragon might not even be finished now ad infinitum because well, the mod is finished and all as you say, thus making it unneeded. Same with missing armors and whatnot ...^^; I'll still finish what I started, yes, but well, since those are options now, yeah, let these then be handled the way they think it's appropriate.
Thank you.
Yes?

Crusader_bin
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Great work, need help

Unread postby Crusader_bin » 18 Jun 2019, 19:19

Templayer wrote:
Crusader_bin wrote:
Crusader_bin wrote:
If you want, I can zip my entire game folder and upload when I get back home. It should take about 5 min.
Whole thing for anyone that needs it, installed configured and working: https://mega.nz/#!3wUTgQQZ!ZAkIrGUQxT3o ... a8XO5k2yt4

Dunno If any path locations are embeded in any of the files/registry, so keep that in mind I guess? But someone up above wrote they got the links working, so they probably are not broken in the first place :) Oh, well... Took but a moment anyway.
Actually the download fails at 100% while decrypting. It looks like you didn't include the whole decryption key in the link?
That is odd, the whole link is correct, I just checked it. Mega is an odd thing Iguess? ( code: ZAkIrGUQxT3of4n0NcyF2avyhf66WCs4ra8XO5k2yt4 ).
Let me know if second link works, in the meantime I will upload it to OneDrive, that'll work for sure without Mega's strange... Magickery.
Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the gun!

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 18 Jun 2019, 19:20

Jamesx version works, but I presume it is an older update.

Anyway, Jamesx's version undead army (sadly no Minotaur Liches and Minotaur Zombies yet)

And here's how my Ghost Dragon Monk's projectile looks like:

The test party is - Dracoliche Necromancer, Ghost Dragon Monk, Zombie Cleric, Dwarf Female Lich Thief and Classic Male Lich Knight.

EDIT: If I make a Dwarf Knight, I will finally be able to see the tip of MM8's two-handed swords, right? :D
Last edited by Templayer on 18 Jun 2019, 19:28, edited 2 times in total.

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 18 Jun 2019, 19:25

Templayer wrote:(sadly no Minotaur Liches and Minotaur Zombies yet)
Thank the Ancients I already made "NPC" portraits for both of them, eh? They only need to be converted into their in-game format and voilá, both Mino Zombie and Lich PCs will be complete.

Unless you wish to convert them? I'll link ya through an email.
Yes?

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 18 Jun 2019, 19:29

SpectralDragon wrote:
Templayer wrote:(sadly no Minotaur Liches and Minotaur Zombies yet)
Thank the Ancients I already made "NPC" portraits for both of them, eh? They only need to be converted into their in-game format and voilá, both Mino Zombie and Lich PCs will be complete.

Unless you wish to convert them? I'll link ya through an email.
Nah. That is Jamesx's turf. :P

I've got like 15 Tracker suggestions today, and about two pages of the thread to read / go through / do stuff with. Staying late at my daily job doesn't help either.

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 18 Jun 2019, 19:32

Templayer wrote:Nah. That is Jamesx's turf. :P

I've got like 15 Tracker suggestions today, and about two pages of the thread to read / go through / do stuff with. Staying late at my daily job doesn't help either.
Okays! I'll add it as a suggestion once Jamesx is done with it. I already forwarded both of these to him as well, so yeah, just a question of time (hopefully before June 30th, that is, as I'm absent for a week then).
Yes?

Roticet
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Roticet » 18 Jun 2019, 19:41

SpectralDragon wrote:
Roticet wrote:To be fair, the mod is finished. Rodril got it working the way he wanted and intended for it to work.its been that way for a while. We have just added a **** ton of suggestions, and he has been kind enough to humor us with the updates and patches he has been releasing. While I understand you dont want your work to go to waste, (I don't want to see that either, it's been great) it is ultimately up to rodril since he is the one doing the actual updates. Along with some help from grey face (in terms of working on the coding and getting everything actually working)
Okays ... then question when will the next thing resurface from me. Black Dragon might not even be finished now ad infinitum because well, the mod is finished and all as you say, thus making it unneeded. Same with missing armors and whatnot ...^^; I'll still finish what I started, yes, but well, since those are options now, yeah, let these then be handled the way they think it's appropriate.
Thank you.

All I was saying was that rodril is under no obligation to actually humor us in adding more shit to the mod. There is no reason to get snippy about it. Sides maybe he is busy IRL and hasn't had a chance to work on things much. He did just do an update 8 days ago, and you're freaking out like it's been a year. There is a reason why AAA titles get updates on a monthly basis instead of daily or even weekly. That shit takes time. Considering it was 1 originally and now 2 guys doing the main updating for a game that's 20 years old, the updates rodril has been pushing for the last couple of years on a fairly consistent basis is fucking astounding. I have never seen another mod get this much love except for Median XL for Diablo 2, and like 2 mods for morrowind. Everyone keeps getting bent out of shape because rodril doesnt respond to every post all the time and it's not going to do any good. With that being said, I do hope that your stuff gets implemented because it looks cool, just have some patience.

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 18 Jun 2019, 19:50

Roticet wrote:All I was saying was that rodril is under no obligation to actually humor us in adding more **** to the mod. There is no reason to get snippy about it. Sides maybe he is busy IRL and hasn't had a chance to work on things much. He did just do an update 8 days ago, and you're freaking out like it's been a year. There is a reason why AAA titles get updates on a monthly basis instead of daily or even weekly. That **** takes time. Considering it was 1 originally and now 2 guys doing the main updating for a game that's 20 years old, the updates rodril has been pushing for the last couple of years on a fairly consistent basis is **** astounding. I have never seen another mod get this much love except for Median XL for Diablo 2, and like 2 mods for morrowind. Everyone keeps getting bent out of shape because rodril doesnt respond to every post all the time and it's not going to do any good. With that being said, I do hope that your stuff gets implemented because it looks cool, just have some patience.
I see. Terribly sorry for being so picky and pushy about it all, I'm just worried that same stuff that's happening to Templayer (all sorts of crashes and the game not working with all its components being installed onto it) wouldn't happen to any other person trying this mod for the first time, as having it no work can be quite a downer (speaking from experience). With that said, I'll restrain myself this time and just ... yeah, work on stuff that I believe is missing from the mod, mainly Troll Zombie (base abnormal condition), Black Dragon (so that Warlock promotion quest ends with a bit more ... validity in having an Antagarich dragon from it rather than Jadamean) and, if time permits, missing helmets.
Even if at the last bit, I have no idea how to do that. :ashamed: :(
Yes?

alekssandros
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby alekssandros » 18 Jun 2019, 19:57

hi guys. is there some manual for this merge? Many things i didn't know
How I deactivate mouse view lock?
Just Found this on the INI (capslock)
Last edited by alekssandros on 18 Jun 2019, 20:16, edited 1 time in total.

Crusader_bin
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Crusader_bin » 18 Jun 2019, 20:13

Templayer wrote:Jamesx version works, but I presume it is an older update.

Anyway, Jamesx's version undead army (sadly no Minotaur Liches and Minotaur Zombies yet)

And here's how my Ghost Dragon Monk's projectile looks like:

The test party is - Dracoliche Necromancer, Ghost Dragon Monk, Zombie Cleric, Dwarf Female Lich Thief and Classic Male Lich Knight.

EDIT: If I make a Dwarf Knight, I will finally be able to see the tip of MM8's two-handed swords, right? :D
OneDrive link :)
https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApRnFqsQnp62rjsOZV3 ... c?e=Cx2sGQ

I fiddled to make the compressed file smaller. So, obviously, the file is a tad bit larger.
alekssandros wrote:hi guys. is there some manual for this merge? Many things i didn't know

How I deactivate mouse view lock?
in mm8.ini :
MouseLook=1

I think hold CTRL to let it go.
Last edited by Crusader_bin on 18 Jun 2019, 20:14, edited 1 time in total.
Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the gun!

Roticet
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Roticet » 18 Jun 2019, 23:17

SpectralDragon wrote:
Roticet wrote:All I was saying was that rodril is under no obligation to actually humor us in adding more **** to the mod. There is no reason to get snippy about it. Sides maybe he is busy IRL and hasn't had a chance to work on things much. He did just do an update 8 days ago, and you're freaking out like it's been a year. There is a reason why AAA titles get updates on a monthly basis instead of daily or even weekly. That **** takes time. Considering it was 1 originally and now 2 guys doing the main updating for a game that's 20 years old, the updates rodril has been pushing for the last couple of years on a fairly consistent basis is **** astounding. I have never seen another mod get this much love except for Median XL for Diablo 2, and like 2 mods for morrowind. Everyone keeps getting bent out of shape because rodril doesnt respond to every post all the time and it's not going to do any good. With that being said, I do hope that your stuff gets implemented because it looks cool, just have some patience.
I see. Terribly sorry for being so picky and pushy about it all, I'm just worried that same stuff that's happening to Templayer (all sorts of crashes and the game not working with all its components being installed onto it) wouldn't happen to any other person trying this mod for the first time, as having it no work can be quite a downer (speaking from experience). With that said, I'll restrain myself this time and just ... yeah, work on stuff that I believe is missing from the mod, mainly Troll Zombie (base abnormal condition), Black Dragon (so that Warlock promotion quest ends with a bit more ... validity in having an Antagarich dragon from it rather than Jadamean) and, if time permits, missing helmets.
Even if at the last bit, I have no idea how to do that. :ashamed: :(

Yeah fair point.

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 19 Jun 2019, 04:53

I wouldn't worry too much about Rodril, he's probably just busy. He's definitely for having the remaining equipment repainted at the very least - after all that's probably the biggest remaining obstacle to this being a truly complete merger of the 3 games. So I don't think he would neglect to add any of that once it appears.

As for the extra stuff, I'd also be optimistic about its inclusion - but it's probably a lot of work so you might have to wait a bit.

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 19 Jun 2019, 05:37

Just as long as it˙s not too much. ^^;

Progress, I guess? :D
Yes?

Return to “Might and Magic”