Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Jamesx
Peasant
Peasant

Re: Great work, need help

Unread postby Jamesx » 17 Jun 2019, 23:04

Templayer wrote: Did you do something special? Do you have the newest patch?
I could try reinstalling and using just the base merge package if it works, but I have spent enough time on the Merge for today. :(
I did a clean install, but it worked only after second try :D
1. Install gog version.
2. Install last patch by GreyFace (uncheck all components, that not recommended for mm678).
3. Unpack merge zip.
4. Unpack 10.06 update
Maybe the last action is not necessary if the last update is already included in base merge zip, but idk, so I did this just in case :D and try to run the game after every step. Especially between 3 and 4
Last edited by Jamesx on 17 Jun 2019, 23:17, edited 1 time in total.

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 18 Jun 2019, 03:00

Templayer wrote:I might have a theory on that.
Maybe the MM6 we got wasn't what it was during development and things changed. What if those are not NPC portraits per say, but ... perhaps the game was turn-based only, not the quick turn-based it is now but a slower one, where enemies had actual portraits. Just a theory, though. Since having dialogue with some of those makes no sense whatsover, and with others it is a longshot.
Like previous MM installments? Hmmmm ... since I never saw any of those versions of the game even in Book 1 or Gates to Another World. Good theory nonetheless. :tsup: The "NPC dialogue" theory is funnier still if you ask me though ... and I mainly went with it because I also saw those same NPC images of foes that were actually used in-game for the Circus residents like the Genie, Cuisinart (<- bloody brand references!), Thief and, of course, Blaze (Red Dragon). :D
Kind of nice they made icons for a Thunder Lizard, Great Wyrm and Drake though, don't you think? These could definitely be used for Dragon Ability trainers in MM6-part of the game.
Last edited by SpectralDragon on 18 Jun 2019, 03:03, edited 1 time in total.
Yes?

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 18 Jun 2019, 04:11

SpectralDragon wrote:
Xfing wrote:As a series in general, HoMM is a spin-off of MM. MM7 came a bit later than HoMM3 and was the second game set on Antagarich, but that doesn't mean one is a spin-off of another in terms of lore validity. In fact, MM7 and MM8 were made by the same team, which was not the team that made HoMM3. MM8 teaches us that it's possible for dragons to be born black, just going by the sole dragon sprite in that game.
I'd then wish that Megadragon has the same black sprite it's supposed to have, so that lore purists wouldn't be mad at us for suddenly getting a Black Dragon from an egg that was obviously guarded by either Green, Blue or Red Dragons. ^^;
I thought it was already introduced actually, either in Grayface's patch or in the merge, as part of the Megadragon restoration. It was meant to be the strongest dragon in the game, while in the finished product it was actually weaker than a red dragon. I wonder what the thread search function can turn up.

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 18 Jun 2019, 05:20

Xfing wrote:I thought it was already introduced actually, either in Grayface's patch or in the merge, as part of the Megadragon restoration. It was meant to be the strongest dragon in the game, while in the finished product it was actually weaker than a red dragon. I wonder what the thread search function can turn up.
Didn't saw such change last time I played vanilla MM7 with GrayFace's patch, so I only hope that it's back like that in the Merge ...
... and speaking of Dragons, since we have browns and reds in Jadame as PCs and NPCs I was also thinking that the Red Dragon sprite could be used there as well, mainly for some Hatchlings, Young Dragons and Great Wyrms while the black one could be used for all others.
Yes?

Roticet
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Roticet » 18 Jun 2019, 06:30

SpectralDragon wrote:
Xfing wrote:I thought it was already introduced actually, either in Grayface's patch or in the merge, as part of the Megadragon restoration. It was meant to be the strongest dragon in the game, while in the finished product it was actually weaker than a red dragon. I wonder what the thread search function can turn up.
Didn't saw such change last time I played vanilla MM7 with GrayFace's patch, so I only hope that it's back like that in the Merge ...
... and speaking of Dragons, since we have browns and reds in Jadame as PCs and NPCs I was also thinking that the Red Dragon sprite could be used there as well, mainly for some Hatchlings, Young Dragons and Great Wyrms while the black one could be used for all others.
So, you mean a palette swap for a good chunk of the dragons in MM8? Cause I would give that a thumbsup. Found it lacking that MM8 really only had one palette for Dragons, just the sizes changed. Where as MM6 and 7 had multiple different types.

Expanding on that, would someone be willing/able to create a 3rd, potentially 4th, ragdoll of Dragons to be used in character creation? I have always wanted more than just 2 variants of dragons.

NoPractice
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby NoPractice » 18 Jun 2019, 09:04

Templayer wrote:
Jamesx wrote:
NoPractice wrote:Played mm 6-7 like 10 years ago and now returned for mm8, so I see you guys made awesome work here.
Seems like merge archive on Mega is corrupted, can someone update it?
I think it something on Mega side, because I download it 2 days ago and it works fine...
try this link
SpectralDragon wrote:HI, MA!
looks great))) But what about portraits? I think it will be no so easy to draw all 56 emotions :D :D
So I made a fresh GOG install, extracted your zip file into it, overwriting stuff, and then I put the newest patch in, overwriting existing.
Result?

Code: Select all

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
...he World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\01 common structs.lua:447: struct expected, got nil

stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'error'
	Scripts/Core/RSMem.lua:1044: in function <Scripts/Core/RSMem.lua:1036>
	...he World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\01 common structs.lua:447: in function <...he World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\01 common structs.lua:445>
	[C]: in function 'pcall'
	Scripts/Core/Common.lua:102: in function 'pcall2'
	Scripts/Core/RSMem.lua:1006: in function '__index'
	...he World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\01 common structs.lua:481: in function <...he World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\01 common structs.lua:474>
	...RGE - The World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\00 structs.lua:36: in function 'OldGame'
	...The World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\CharacterOutfits.lua:10: in function 'OldGame'
	...ERGE - The World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\GlobalTxt.lua:4: in function 'OldGame'
	...E - The World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\RacialSkills.lua:5: in function 'OldGame'
	...rld of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\RemoveHouseRulesLimits.lua:61: in function 'OldGame'
	...he World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\RemoveItemsLimits.lua:22: in function <...he World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\RemoveItemsLimits.lua:21>
	...RGE - The World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\00 structs.lua:15: in function <...RGE - The World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\00 structs.lua:14>

arguments of '...he World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\01 common structs.lua:447':
	define = (table: 0x04205610)

upvalues of '...he World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\01 common structs.lua:447':
	mmver = 8
	mmv = (function: 0x041e8770)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
Did you do something special? Do you have the newest patch?
I could try reinstalling and using just the base merge package if it works, but I have spent enough time on the Merge for today. :(
Had same log before.
Tonight i reinstalled mod (still corrupted archive) and last update on the same ver. of the game and it works!
Seems not so simple actually, cause that was third reinstall and it worked after i almost completed mm8 vanila (still think that's not an actual solution).
Now after i started mm7 part on merge i got much answers i questioned myself about.
Nice character editor (as I hoped can create whole 5party), the only question i have now: does staff grandmastery work as mm7 version(works with unarmed) or with mm8 (+damage)? Or that depends on teacher (Antagarich or Jadame).

Roticet
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Roticet » 18 Jun 2019, 11:03

Roticet wrote:
SpectralDragon wrote:
So, you mean a palette swap for a good chunk of the dragons in MM8? Cause I would give that a thumbsup. Found it lacking that MM8 really only had one palette for Dragons, just the sizes changed. Where as MM6 and 7 had multiple different types.

Expanding on that, would someone be willing/able to create a 3rd, potentially 4th, ragdoll of Dragons to be used in character creation? I have always wanted more than just 2 variants of dragons.
And what about adding a new race? Adding the Lizardmen race would be neat. I know it's possible cause it's done in the Maestro Mod for MM7. They add Dragons as a playable race. Not even close to as broken as MM8 dragon characters are. Question is who has the time or knowledge to do it. Templayer, can you add to the suggestion tracker to add Lizardmen? Maybe their tail could add a 3rd weapon/2nd shield slot? lol

NoPractice
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby NoPractice » 18 Jun 2019, 11:07

SpectralDragon wrote:
As a genius who wouldn't read whole tread I want to ask about some plans on additional content.
Any thoughts about adding azure/crystal/rust/fairie dragons (saw some Chinese mod fairie sprites), golden dragons to antagrich part?
Blue dragon only appeared in homm1, while homm2 was green to red to black, and homm3 green to gold and red to black.
M&M part is even more messed up, cause all dragons are mixed almost randomly, and I think homm (as first Enroth appearance) is a proper model.
Maybe some dragons need recoloring to attain same concept, cause I'm really confused with that blue/red/green/black dragons in game (maybe blue dragons should be moved to mm6 part).

Crusader_bin
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Crusader_bin » 18 Jun 2019, 11:10

Templayer wrote:
Jamesx wrote:
NoPractice wrote:Played mm 6-7 like 10 years ago and now returned for mm8, so I see you guys made awesome work here.
Seems like merge archive on Mega is corrupted, can someone update it?
I think it something on Mega side, because I download it 2 days ago and it works fine...
try this link
SpectralDragon wrote:HI, MA!
looks great))) But what about portraits? I think it will be no so easy to draw all 56 emotions :D :D
So I made a fresh GOG install, extracted your zip file into it, overwriting stuff, and then I put the newest patch in, overwriting existing.
Result?

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
...he World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\01 common structs.lua:447: struct expected, got nil

stack traceback:
	...he World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\01 common structs.lua:447: in function <...he World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\01 common structs.lua:445>
	...he World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\01 common structs.lua:481: in function <...he World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\01 common structs.lua:474>
	...RGE - The World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\00 structs.lua:36: in function 'OldGame'
	...The World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\CharacterOutfits.lua:10: in function 'OldGame'
	...ERGE - The World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\GlobalTxt.lua:4: in function 'OldGame'
	...E - The World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\RacialSkills.lua:5: in function 'OldGame'
	...rld of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\RemoveHouseRulesLimits.lua:61: in function 'OldGame'
	...he World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\RemoveItemsLimits.lua:22: in function <...he World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\RemoveItemsLimits.lua:21>
	...RGE - The World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\00 structs.lua:15: in function <...RGE - The World of Enroth\Scripts\Structs\00 structs.lua:14>

mmver = 8
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
If you want, I can zip my entire game folder and upload when I get back home. It should take about 5 min.
Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the gun!

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 18 Jun 2019, 12:13

NoPractice wrote:As a genius who wouldn't read whole tread I want to ask about some plans on additional content.
Any thoughts about adding azure/crystal/rust/fairie dragons (saw some Chinese mod fairie sprites), golden dragons to antagrich part?
Blue dragon only appeared in homm1, while homm2 was green to red to black, and homm3 green to gold and red to black.
M&M part is even more messed up, cause all dragons are mixed almost randomly, and I think homm (as first Enroth appearance) is a proper model.
Maybe some dragons need recoloring to attain same concept, cause I'm really confused with that blue/red/green/black dragons in game (maybe blue dragons should be moved to mm6 part).
You should read Templayer's Tracker though. Rust, Faerie, Azure (or "blue"), Green, Gold and Red ones are already suggested as PCs on the Paint Tracker. As monsters though ... not so much and frankly I'm currently doing a Black Dragon PC (inspired from Heroes III, like Ghost Dragons were both as PC and as a monster. Question if Rodril would add those new enemies though) during my break that won't be finished until like end of July/early August, so yeah. ^^; Which is basically an intention because I wish Rodril to update the mod with some bug fixes, modifications and stuff that are listed in Implementation Queue of Templayer's MMMerge Tracker.
Last edited by SpectralDragon on 18 Jun 2019, 12:14, edited 1 time in total.
Yes?

Roticet
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Roticet » 18 Jun 2019, 12:41

Hey Templayer, or anyone really. [Vampire variants Blood Dragons (Dragon vampires)] do they get both racial skills? The Vampire and Dragon skills? If so, neato, prolly not going to use that personally since Dragon kinda trumps everything that Vamps get IMO.

Edit: Reading through the tracker and found this little gem.
Fixing Dragons
by Templayer
Status: Partially implemented by mod author… AND GREYFACE LIKES IT. (dragons now have a melee attack)
Description:
Since the dragon ranged attack is an override that overrides the melee attack and Rodril said that it can be removed, we could remove it and instead put something more fun there...
Non-removable items. Three of them - "dual wielding" a "claw weapon" and a "maw weapon", with the ranged weapon being the "Breath weapon" (all of them using the Dragon Ability skill as a base, the Breath weapon being essentially a bow, with grandmaster it could shoot twice, with the projectiles changed from arrows to the current breath attack projectile), while the claw weapon + maw weapon synergizing with the Unarmed skill (like how the Staff + unarmed works, but instead Dragon Ability + unarmed). And an dragon scales as an armour that uses the Dragon Ability skill and synergizes with dodging.
And the Breath weapon having different elemental effects depending on the colour of the dragon would be awesome.

Templayer, when you mention that the breath weapon could potentially have 2 shots per firing, were you saying that getting GM dragon skill would implement that? (Obviously that's not how it works currently.) With the Unarmed and Dodging skills stacking on the Dragon skill, I think that would make the Dragon race, especially with the unlocker stupendously broken and you prolly won't have a challenge until you use the bolster mechanic and set it to 200%+. With that being said, I would still love to see that stuff implemented. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Suggestion: The bolster mechanic, can XP gained be added to that? I understand wanting to add it in to provide a challenge, but me personally, if I'm not getting increased XP for killing mobs that are 200% percent stronger, then there is no point, and I would just rather blast through things. I don't even want the gold increased, the economy in the games is ridiculously easy to break. Though, maybe expanding on what Templayer said earlier, having additional items dropped from bolstered enemies. Like ores and things like that. Have it on a growing scale that still coincides with the tiered monsters. A rat is only ever going to give rings, but it has a higher chance to drop rings, and those rings are better the more scaled up they are. Dragon corpses dropping Artifacts and Relics on chances, maybe the higher bolstered, the more guaranteed for artifacts and relics.

Another suggestion, I really really really really want a Storage chest that is not linked to map resets in any way. That may be already gone in the merge, but I haven't tried it. I tend to dragon horde artifacts and relics. Literally spending 30+ minutes rearranging my inventories to make sure I don't have to sell any of them or drop them. Sadly with the merge, I recently had to deal with the fact that I can't pick up any more items because there is simply too many artifacts/relics in all 3 games to have them all in your inventory at the same time. My personal recommended place, Ravenshore Guild Hall where you get those storage chests that supposedly (read online somewhere a long time ago) they don't ever reset and you can keep all your stuff you want. Well, it doesn't work that way in Vanilla. Because those chests most certainly reset. Gah, I was so pissed when I first found out.
Last edited by Roticet on 18 Jun 2019, 13:47, edited 1 time in total.

NoPractice
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby NoPractice » 18 Jun 2019, 15:13

SpectralDragon wrote:
NoPractice wrote:As a genius who wouldn't read whole tread I want to ask about some plans on additional content.
You should read Templayer's Tracker though. Rust, Faerie, Azure (or "blue"), Green, Gold and Red ones are already suggested as PCs on the Paint Tracker. As monsters though ... not so much and frankly I'm currently doing a Black Dragon PC (inspired from Heroes III, like Ghost Dragons were both as PC and as a monster. Question if Rodril would add those new enemies though) during my break that won't be finished until like end of July/early August, so yeah. ^^; Which is basically an intention because I wish Rodril to update the mod with some bug fixes, modifications and stuff that are listed in Implementation Queue of Templayer's MMMerge Tracker.
I saw tracker things about PC dragons afterwards, but since i think dragons is overpowered overall (plus buffs from lich/another classes things) i'm talking more about monsters/bosses as azures can be made really challenging even for dragon party of liches (seems like there is no sprites for azures, fairies are more reliable).
IMO that way of boosting dragons as PC is a bit overrated since it would make the game too easy and some game elements wouldn't be useful anymore.

Crusader_bin
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Crusader_bin » 18 Jun 2019, 15:26

Crusader_bin wrote:
Templayer wrote:
Jamesx wrote: I think it something on Mega side, because I download it 2 days ago and it works fine...
try this link

Result?

stack traceback:

mmver = 8
> 
If you want, I can zip my entire game folder and upload when I get back home. It should take about 5 min.
Whole thing for anyone that needs it, installed configured and working: https://mega.nz/#!3wUTgQQZ!ZAkIrGUQxT3o ... a8XO5k2yt4

Dunno If any path locations are embeded in any of the files/registry, so keep that in mind I guess? But someone up above wrote they got the links working, so they probably are not broken in the first place :) Oh, well... Took but a moment anyway.
Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the gun!

NoPractice
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby NoPractice » 18 Jun 2019, 15:40

Crusader_bin wrote:
Crusader_bin wrote:
Templayer wrote: So I made a fresh GOG install, extracted your zip file into it, overwriting stuff, and then I put the newest patch in, overwriting existing.
Result?

stack traceback:

mmver = 8
> 
Whole thing for anyone that needs it, installed configured and working: https://mega.nz/#!3wUTgQQZ!ZAkIrGUQxT3o ... a8XO5k2yt4

Dunno If any path locations are embeded in any of the files/registry, so keep that in mind I guess? But someone up above wrote they got the links working, so they probably are not broken in the first place :) Oh, well... Took but a moment anyway.
Thanks anyway - links not broken but archive corrupted (anyway last update fixes that, even tho not after first try)

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 18 Jun 2019, 16:34

Crusader_bin wrote:
Crusader_bin wrote:
Templayer wrote: So I made a fresh GOG install, extracted your zip file into it, overwriting stuff, and then I put the newest patch in, overwriting existing.
Result?

stack traceback:

mmver = 8
> 

I am downloading it right now, 1.5 GB. Even if stuff is in the registry, just extracting it to the folder where it was installed before should do the trick.
Roticet wrote:
SpectralDragon wrote:

You will be able to use the Black Dragon on Character Creation if you use the Unclocker after it is finished and implemented.
Same for Dracoliche, Ghost Dragon and Blood Dragon, if you care about undead ones.
Roticet wrote:
Roticet wrote:
SpectralDragon wrote: Didn't saw such change last time I played vanilla MM7 with GrayFace's patch, so I only hope that it's back like that in the Merge ...

And what about adding a new race? Adding the Lizardmen race would be neat. I know it's possible cause it's done in the Maestro Mod for MM7. They add Dragons as a playable race. Not even close to as broken as MM8 dragon characters are. Question is who has the time or knowledge to do it. Templayer, can you add to the suggestion tracker to add Lizardmen? Maybe their tail could add a 3rd weapon/2nd shield slot? lol
That would be excellent! That was the greatest letdown I ever felt in MM - I thought that after stopping the Regnan invasion of Dagger Wound, I could hire some of the Lizardmen. NOPE. :(
Jamesx wrote:
Templayer wrote: Did you do something special? Do you have the newest patch?
I did a clean install, but it worked only after second try :D
1. Install gog version.
2. Install last patch by GreyFace (uncheck all components, that not recommended for mm678).
3. Unpack merge zip.
4. Unpack 10.06 update
Maybe the last action is not necessary if the last update is already included in base merge zip, but idk, so I did this just in case :D and try to run the game after every step. Especially between 3 and 4
What the hell. Well, maybe it only works after someone generates files by the first-run procedure, and THEN puts the update in.
Roticet wrote:Hey Templayer, or anyone really. [Vampire variants Blood Dragons (Dragon vampires)] do they get both racial skills? The Vampire and Dragon skills? If so, neato, prolly not going to use that personally since Dragon kinda trumps everything that Vamps get IMO.

Edit: Reading through the tracker and found this little gem.
Fixing Dragons
by Templayer
Status: Partially implemented by mod author… AND GREYFACE LIKES IT. (dragons now have a melee attack)
Description:
Since the dragon ranged attack is an override that overrides the melee attack and Rodril said that it can be removed, we could remove it and instead put something more fun there...
Non-removable items. Three of them - "dual wielding" a "claw weapon" and a "maw weapon", with the ranged weapon being the "Breath weapon" (all of them using the Dragon Ability skill as a base, the Breath weapon being essentially a bow, with grandmaster it could shoot twice, with the projectiles changed from arrows to the current breath attack projectile), while the claw weapon + maw weapon synergizing with the Unarmed skill (like how the Staff + unarmed works, but instead Dragon Ability + unarmed). And an dragon scales as an armour that uses the Dragon Ability skill and synergizes with dodging.
And the Breath weapon having different elemental effects depending on the colour of the dragon would be awesome.

Templayer, when you mention that the breath weapon could potentially have 2 shots per firing, were you saying that getting GM dragon skill would implement that? (Obviously that's not how it works currently.) With the Unarmed and Dodging skills stacking on the Dragon skill, I think that would make the Dragon race, especially with the unlocker stupendously broken and you prolly won't have a challenge until you use the bolster mechanic and set it to 200%+. With that being said, I would still love to see that stuff implemented. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Suggestion: The bolster mechanic, can XP gained be added to that? I understand wanting to add it in to provide a challenge, but me personally, if I'm not getting increased XP for killing mobs that are 200% percent stronger, then there is no point, and I would just rather blast through things. I don't even want the gold increased, the economy in the games is ridiculously easy to break. Though, maybe expanding on what Templayer said earlier, having additional items dropped from bolstered enemies. Like ores and things like that. Have it on a growing scale that still coincides with the tiered monsters. A rat is only ever going to give rings, but it has a higher chance to drop rings, and those rings are better the more scaled up they are. Dragon corpses dropping Artifacts and Relics on chances, maybe the higher bolstered, the more guaranteed for artifacts and relics.

Another suggestion, I really really really really want a Storage chest that is not linked to map resets in any way. That may be already gone in the merge, but I haven't tried it. I tend to dragon horde artifacts and relics. Literally spending 30+ minutes rearranging my inventories to make sure I don't have to sell any of them or drop them. Sadly with the merge, I recently had to deal with the fact that I can't pick up any more items because there is simply too many artifacts/relics in all 3 games to have them all in your inventory at the same time. My personal recommended place, Ravenshore Guild Hall where you get those storage chests that supposedly (read online somewhere a long time ago) they don't ever reset and you can keep all your stuff you want. Well, it doesn't work that way in Vanilla. Because those chests most certainly reset. Gah, I was so pissed when I first found out.
Blood dragon abilities will depend on their racial index. I presume we will choose Vampire. In that case, you will have to choose the Dragon class to make a Vampire Dragon (i.e. Blood Dragon). The other possibility is to make a whole new race with different skills, etc. That will probably depend on Rodril's will to implement it.

Hmm, that would BE QUITE OP FOR THEM TO SHOOT TWICE. But no, I haven't even tried giving Dragons GM archery. :D :D :D

XP won't be added to the Bolster mechanic - said Rodril, because it is a path to hell with balance.

I believe the storage in Ravenshore no longer resets. And I am sure the storage space you get in the Breach (post-games content / fourth storyline) do not, so...
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

Dedicated MMMerge Forum (Bug Tracker included): shorturl.at/lryAF

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 18 Jun 2019, 16:42

This bug was removed from the bug tracker because it has been fixed already:

Reported by: Roticet » Jun 9 2019, 12:12
I encountered another bug. Blaster broken (weapon is red in inventory) for a Drow Patriarch, and now my Noblebone Bow shoots 2 arrows at the same speed as blasters. While I IMMENSELY enjoy the overpoweredness of that, I figured I would report. Can I request this become a "feature" though? lol
Templayer: Roticet didn't know how that feature would work, so... (if I remember correctly) 

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 18 Jun 2019, 16:43

NoPractice wrote:Isaw tracker things about PC dragons afterwards, but since i think dragons is overpowered overall (plus buffs from lich/another classes things) i'm talking more about monsters/bosses as azures can be made really challenging even for dragon party of liches (seems like there is no sprites for azures, fairies are more reliable).
IMO that way of boosting dragons as PC is a bit overrated since it would make the game too easy and some game elements wouldn't be useful anymore.
I've heard that in the Merge, they've been rebalanced to be more friendly to other PCs and as I've said before, question if Rodril would even implement said monster Dragons if they'd be made. Last time I talked to him, he said he had no plans, so ... yeah, sorry, for now they can only happen as potential PCs (except Crystal ones for ... obvious reasons. Besides, there are Crystal Dragons in MM8).
Yes?

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 18 Jun 2019, 17:03

Crusader_bin wrote:
Crusader_bin wrote:
Result?

stack traceback:

mmver = 8
> 

Actually the download fails at 100% while decrypting. It looks like you didn't include the whole decryption key in the link?

Roticet
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Roticet » 18 Jun 2019, 17:17

1. Blood dragons. Good to know. That actually makes sense.
2. Xp bolster. Disappointing, but ok.
3. Storage. I want aware. I haven't made it to the breach yet lol. I keep getting distracted with all the other stuff that keeps being added that I haven't finished the Merger storyline yet. Got a 5 dragon squad calling my name for it though. Lol. Also glad to hear that the ravenshore chests were fixed with the merger. I never bothered to try to be honest. Not since that first let down MANY years ago.

Jamesx
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Jamesx » 18 Jun 2019, 17:37

Templayer wrote: What the hell. Well, maybe it only works after someone generates files by the first-run procedure, and THEN puts the update in.
Yes it writes something in configuration files. So if you run the game after all mods was installed, it won't work))
Idk if it works, but try to download my installed version. It works for me at least :D I think I removed all my modifications in tables and icons.lod.. but to be honest I don't sure. maybe something is left :| It shouldn't be actually :D
I think that the last patches with high resolution make the game a little unstable. Sometimes it won't run without any reasons, but maybe it's something else... :|
Last edited by Jamesx on 18 Jun 2019, 17:39, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Might and Magic”