Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Jamesx
Peasant
Peasant

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Unread postby Jamesx » 16 Jun 2019, 16:52

:right: MinoLich was updated!!!! :left:
Here is a port of small horned version of MinoLich by GDSpectra
:down:
DOWNLOAD

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 16 Jun 2019, 16:55

Jamesx wrote::right: MinoLich was updated!!!! :left:
Here is a port of small horned version of MinoLich by GDSpectra
:down:
DOWNLOAD
That name :D. This aside, thank you so much! :hug:
Yes?

justl
Demon
Demon

Unread postby justl » 16 Jun 2019, 17:02

SpectralDragon wrote:
Xfire wrote:*poke*
justl wrote:*pokepoke*
You wish to try your hand on adjusting equipment? Check this playlist of GrayFace's that shows how to adjust MM6 paperdolls to MM8 ones (same concept applies to armors and apparel. All we need are missing headgear textures and like 5-7 different MM8 paperdolls to fit them into aka Human Male, Human Female, Minotaur, Troll/s, Dwarf Male and Dwarf Female). Your help will be VERY appreciated.
https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLB ... ZSpxcYCLfG
i have seen the videos and am non a bit wiser after it - there is nothing explained, only much moving around with the mouse and bending
- where to get paperdolls/modells of armor and so on ...
- which tools to use in gimp for doing what
- what formats to be used

it would be GREATLY appreciated if a written "how to" (with pictures) was somehow availible for everyone who wants to help - think of explaining it for people who dont have graphical experience (like 99% here) / or little children learning something they dont know - dont take proprietary knowledge as taken bit for others
V2: Compendium of mm6-8 Secrets + Details about the base merge and DaveHer's redone merge (its in english!)
https://www.mightandmagicworld.de/fileb ... index.html

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 16 Jun 2019, 17:06

justl wrote:I have seen the videos and am non a bit wiser after it - there is nothing explained, only much moving around with the mouse and bending
- where to get paperdolls/modells of armor and so on ...
- which tools to use in gimp for doing what
- what formats to be used

it would be GREATLY appreciated if a written "how to" (with pictures) was somehow availible for everyone who wants to help - think of explaining it for people who dont have graphical experience (like 99% here) / or little children learning something they dont know - dont take proprietary knowledge as taken bit for others
That, I can totally relate to it and sadly, you'll need to take this to GrayFace himself, as I too cannot really explain in detail on how to do this, as well, I have no prior knowledge about it. I wish I could help, but alas, as blind as you there. :(
GrayFace wrote:We need your help!
Yes?

toreadorlelder
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby toreadorlelder » 16 Jun 2019, 18:42

tinywhitecat wrote:
toreadorlelder wrote:Problem in the Breach. Had a 5 char party; found 3 of the 4 (at places noted earlier in the thread) but can't find #5. Telelocator suggest "Old Loeb's Cave"...but I've checked the entire map, as much as I can...the reflecting thing is a royal PITA. Haven't figured out how to get into the fortress in the middle, or any of the towers in the SW corner.
The companions are in the following locations:
Alvar Merchant Guild
Ogre Fortress
Castle Ironfist
Walking around as an npc on top of the SW towers.

Access the central structure by entering the Dark Dwarf Compound. There is also something to do with the riddles, I don't know if they are required to answer.
Ahhh!!! Thanks! So the telelocator info for that comp is WAY off. And it didn't seem like I could get into the dark dwarves, but I can try a little harder, and then there's finding the riddle spot. (The color scheme in the Breach does us older folks NO favors, but I'm gonna see about tweaking the monitor settings.)

toreadorlelder
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby toreadorlelder » 16 Jun 2019, 18:55

Oh, and the Breach IS really dark, but I cranked the contrast up to max and I can actually see things now. Washing out distinctions elsewhere but that's OK; tweaking the contrast can be done thru on-screen controls.

It was pretty miserable last night, trying to fight the *@#$(& trolls when you only have 1 character, AND you can't distinguish much of anything... :)

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 16 Jun 2019, 19:04

I have finished the table for base names for the new name generator, at least partially. Took me over 18 hours searching the lore to do this.
Notes:
Open using GrayFace's TXT Table editor
Some names might appear to be for the wrong continent on a first glance. For example Ethric. Given his placement in Enroth, you would say Enroth, right? Yeah, but he hails from Bracada. The inverse is true for Jeddite.
The base names will be used to create new names using algorithms, that will be similar to them.
First base names will be excluded from the generated list.
There will be a 50/50 chance of having a surname, if surnames exist for the given race/continent.
Base surnames are not based on gender.
It's missing the random peasant names, house NPC names that aren't as important and the original name generator names. That will be the easy part to do. :D
Some surnames are excluded (Ironfist and Gryphonheart were splitted to Iron, Fist, Gryphon and Heart :) )

Default settings:
useComplexNameGenerator=false
complexNameGeneratorFiltering=0

0 - No filtering - doesn't generate names based on gender, race or continent. One big pile.
1 - Gender filtering - Male names for males and female names for females.
2 - Race filtering - filters based on race
3 - Race and Gender filtering - last two combined
4 - Continent filtering - filters the name based on continent
5 - Continent and gender filtering - 1 + 4
6 - Continent and race filtering - 2 + 4
7 - Continent, race and gender filtering - 1 + 2 + 4

Here's the table V1:
https://www.ulozto.net/!eWytCMFRPGCw/ba ... atorv1-txt

V2 will be with door NPCs.

And then I will have to actually code it. I will probably code it in Javascript first and place it onto my webpage, so anyone could try it out, with an "generate every possibility" button just to see what an insane amount of names that will be able to generate.

ON OTHER HAND:

There are some people that piss me off on this forum, and since this forum lacks a block function, I decided to code it myself by creating a GreaseMonkey script.

Code: Select all

// ==UserScript==
// @name     phpBB Forum User Blocker
// @version  1
// @grant    none
// @require https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/3.3.1/jquery.min.js 
// ==/UserScript==

setTimeout(function() {
  $(":contains('USERNAME').username").parent().filter("strong").parent().parent().parent().parent().parent().parent().hide();
  console.log ("USERNAME blocked.");
}, 1500);
Replace USERNAME with the user's name and the 1500 ms by the time you are sure the page is fully loaded after.
I just don't like being harassed and I like my privacy, so I hope this won't offend someone that is overly politically correct or some other nonsensical bullcrap.
Yes, people have the right to say their opinion. And I have the right not to listen to it. :D
Last edited by Templayer on 16 Jun 2019, 19:07, edited 2 times in total.
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

Dedicated MMMerge Forum (Bug Tracker included): shorturl.at/lryAF

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 16 Jun 2019, 20:59

Templayer wrote: Yes, people have the right to say their opinion. And I have the right not to listen to it. :D
Bit of a risky thing to say when it comes to a community project you're not the leader of >_> There's bound to be differing opinions here and there.

Unless you really mean harrassment. Where is it happening? Are people sending you vitriolic PMs or something? :|
Last edited by Xfing on 16 Jun 2019, 21:03, edited 1 time in total.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 16 Jun 2019, 21:38

Xfing wrote:
Templayer wrote: Yes, people have the right to say their opinion. And I have the right not to listen to it. :D
Bit of a risky thing to say when it comes to a community project you're not the leader of >_>
No, it isn't. Rodril is the leader of this project, and it is he that decides what opinion will have an effect on the Merge. Me not listening to an opinion doesn't have much of an effect.
I'll agree to any suggestion anyone writes down on the Tracker. Unless it is badly formatted. If it is, I will reject it and write it down there manually. It is Rodril's job to apply the suggestion or deny it for the Merge.

To your previous PM (I'm too lazy to quote it):
Also, right now, if a Zombie finishes the Lich quest, it probably turns into a generic Lich. An undead turning into a different type of undead, albeit enhanced.
I am a bit against that, saying that such undead should turn into an enhanced version of the type it already is. Thus Zombies being elevated to Zombie Liches and Vampires to Vampire Liches.... instead of turning into skeletal liches, like it is NOW.
Liching is sacrificing your life to become immortal, essentially (might be forced as well), by turning into an enhanced form of undead. If you are already undead, you should get just the enhancement part.

If people think that zombies should turn into skeletal liches upon liching (i.e. the way IT CURRENTLY IS), fine.
If we are not going to put Zombie Liches and Vampire Liches in the base Merge - that is fine with me. I will just do it myself and put it into the Additional Modifications to the Merge section. And if someone wants to have that, they will have the option to.

But we do not have to spent 50+ posts (yeah, it is probably less, but I am trying to make a point here) in this thread debating and arguing upon if Zombie Liches and Vampire Liches should or shouldn't exist.
If they are added, they are going to be purely optional. Since zombies are an easter egg anyway, this is like a quadratic easter egg. Double optional.

If you do not think that they should exist - then that is fine, they never will exist for you. Do not ruin the fun by forcing your opinion upon others. We are not forcing Zombie Liches upon you. Do not force not having them upon us by repeatedly arguing against them.
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

Dedicated MMMerge Forum (Bug Tracker included): shorturl.at/lryAF

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 16 Jun 2019, 22:02

Templayer wrote:No, it isn't. Rodril is the leader of this project, and it is he that decides what opinion will have an effect on the Merge. Me not listening to an opinion doesn't have much of an effect.
I'll agree to any suggestion anyone writes down on the Tracker. Unless it is badly formatted. If it is, I will reject it and write it down there manually. It is Rodril's job to apply the suggestion or deny it for the Merge.
Xfire wrote:*poke
So then let's NOT make Rodril silence us all by filling these posts with arguments and flame wars that have nothing to do with updates to the Merge, yes? Updating this mod is most important after all if you ask me ... and frankly I myself am getting tired and fed up by those arguments, which in term means I can downright deny making those paperdolls for all of you in the end (and even if I don't I'll probably just make them all partially/completely skeletal with different-colored eye orbs of MY choosing anyways) under the simple explanation of "too much work for me", so yeah, let's better stop it while we still have the chance, and before we all change our minds, shall we? :/

Also, you still have to add the link to the game-ported assets for the short-horned Mino Lich that Jamesx gave us all at the top of the page to your Tracker queue unless you wish me to get these in?

Apologies for going this bad on both of you, but some anvils need to be dropped and I can imagine not many people come here after testing the mod only to see flame wars happening here, no sir.
Yes?

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 17 Jun 2019, 00:02

Xfing wrote:Speaking of helping - I've noticed that Rodril hasn't gotten around to changing redundant item flavor text and some of the names yet. Where is this data stored? Can this be accessed via MMArchive? I would be happy to make those changes myself.
In items.txt in EnglishT.lod.
SpectralDragon wrote:Shame those games don't take place in Enroth though, since well, demiliches as playable characters ... how awesome would that be?! :D :D
Sort of like dragons with dark magic - wouldn't able to wear even rings and amulet. Might wear helmet, but probably not.
SpectralDragon wrote:Nonetheless here's the link to GrayFace's playlist. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... ZSpxcYCLfG
I'm gonna add another video on how to do it the right way, because GIMP can do a screenshot of sorts on its own and that simplifies things. Also gonna say exactly which actions are ok while doing the transform and which would stop it and get it applied. Don't expect a full tutorial, although it may be closer to a tutorial than what I've uploaded so far. Also, with complex things like armor you'd still need to paint some stuff after the transform(s) in most cases.
Last edited by GrayFace on 17 Jun 2019, 00:03, edited 2 times in total.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 17 Jun 2019, 03:12

The The Chaos Conspiracy ( CC ) redone is almost done and it was made possible by GrayFace’s modding tools and his assistance. Also some help from Rodril (the camera setting for blender) and other info. CC has many changes, stables and boat travels every day of the week. Arena every day of the week. Stores open late hours. Six new quests done with GrayFace example quests. New sprites and models. Click the link to see pics. All of this stuff can be used with the merge. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Double click on image to see a larger image. :) David
Last edited by DaveHer on 17 Jun 2019, 03:30, edited 2 times in total.

Crusader_bin
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Crusader_bin » 17 Jun 2019, 03:24

GrayFace wrote:
Xfing wrote:Speaking of helping - I've noticed that Rodril hasn't gotten around to changing redundant item flavor text and some of the names yet. Where is this data stored? Can this be accessed via MMArchive? I would be happy to make those changes myself.
In items.txt in EnglishT.lod.
SpectralDragon wrote:Shame those games don't take place in Enroth though, since well, demiliches as playable characters ... how awesome would that be?! :D :D
Sort of like dragons with dark magic - wouldn't able to wear even rings and amulet. Might wear helmet, but probably not.
SpectralDragon wrote:Nonetheless here's the link to GrayFace's playlist. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... ZSpxcYCLfG
I'm gonna add another video on how to do it the right way, because GIMP can do a screenshot of sorts on its own and that simplifies things. Also gonna say exactly which actions are ok while doing the transform and which would stop it and get it applied. Don't expect a full tutorial, although it may be closer to a tutorial than what I've uploaded so far. Also, with complex things like armor you'd still need to paint some stuff after the transform(s) in most cases.
Thanks! I really want to start the serious playthrough after all the MM6 items are ready and am willing to help with that ^^
Not much knowledge of gimp, but I will give it a try at least.
Info on where to find the files that still are needed to be modified would be appreciated too.
Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the gun!

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 17 Jun 2019, 06:34

GrayFace wrote:I'm gonna add another video on how to do it the right way, because GIMP can do a screenshot of sorts on its own and that simplifies things. Also gonna say exactly which actions are ok while doing the transform and which would stop it and get it applied. Don't expect a full tutorial, although it may be closer to a tutorial than what I've uploaded so far. Also, with complex things like armor you'd still need to paint some stuff after the transform(s) in most cases.
Please do, so that things can finally start to move forward with items and apparel and whatnot. :) Same with spell images and whatnot.
Yes?

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 17 Jun 2019, 09:33

HI, MA!
Yes?

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 17 Jun 2019, 10:19

Holy shit that black dragon looks good!

As for armors - yeah, many of them could use legging parts, which probably need to be painted from scratch, but with elements of the actual chest armors. Mostly goes for mm7 leathers and such. It's probably going to be quite hard to do :c

NoPractice
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Great work, need help

Unread postby NoPractice » 17 Jun 2019, 10:43

Played mm 6-7 like 10 years ago and now returned for mm8, so I see you guys made awesome work here.
Seems like merge archive on Mega is corrupted, can someone update it?
Last edited by NoPractice on 17 Jun 2019, 10:44, edited 1 time in total.

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Re: Great work, need help

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 17 Jun 2019, 10:48

NoPractice wrote:Played mm 6-7 like 10 years ago and now returned for mm8, so I see you guys made awesome work here.
Rodril wrote:*poke*
The time has come for another update.
Yes?

Roticet
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Roticet » 17 Jun 2019, 10:53

SpectralDragon wrote:HI, MA!
That looks really good! What's it for? I would love to see more variations of monster mobs in the merge.
Last edited by Roticet on 17 Jun 2019, 10:59, edited 1 time in total.

Roticet
Peasant
Peasant

Re: Great work, need help

Unread postby Roticet » 17 Jun 2019, 10:54

SpectralDragon wrote:
NoPractice wrote:Played mm 6-7 like 10 years ago and now returned for mm8, so I see you guys made awesome work here.
Rodril wrote:*poke*
The time has come for another update.

If you use the link in literally the first post of the thread, it has the most recent update.

Return to “Might and Magic”