Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Roticet
Peasant
Peasant

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Unread postby Roticet » 14 Jun 2019, 11:39

Templayer wrote:
Templayer wrote:
Roticet wrote: Oh, is it possible to add sections to the stat screen? Cause im using the merge, character unlock and racial skill unlock mods. My dragon party only shows weapon damage, but not the damage done by the dragon skill for them. Could we get that added somehow?
Possible? I think it is. Since we are able to create whole new buttons with new functionality, I would have thought adding something like that is possible. You will have to convince Rodril or GrayFace to do it, though. I would like to have a more detailed look at numbers too, especially if it was in a form of a right click (right click opening a context of how the number was calculated with the source of the numbers). This would have made checking for magical surpluses easier, as I had to remove all magical items that add to attributes from all party members each time I wanted to use barrels, and later on in the game, when that became unbearable, I made a sheet with their base numbers that I had to write on each time I drank from a barrel. Also dividing the "Magic" skill box to Magical Skills and Racial skills would nice. (if a character can have a racial skill provided by either his/hers race or class, the Magic skills section should be divided). And adding scrollbars to the various skill sections so that if the amount of skills overflows, you are not screwed. Maybe Rodril already implemented some of this, I do not remember, but I do remember discussing this with him. (and as much time I am investing into the Merge, I have yet to play it :( )
Added to both the Bug Tracker and the Suggestion Tracker.
Probably caused by the character not having Dragon as a class. Maybe Rodril could fix it?
Its the fact that that table doesnt exist. Because like you said, dragon is a class. There is no such thing as a racial attack. The closest would be unarmed. So not a bug, just missing. A right click addition for the dragon skill damage would be nice.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 14 Jun 2019, 12:28

SpectralDragon wrote:Say hello to more wonky-ass anatomy, people! :D :D :D

Thank the Ancients even dev-made classic Liches have the iffiest of anatomies, thus I can get away with stuff like this. X,DD
It looks ... quite awesome, actually. I am trying hard to find a flaw. Only MM6 had realistic proportions and characters (due to them being photorealistic), MM7 and MM8 didn't, so I do not see that as much of a problem (as you yourself have stated, Liches aren't very anatomically-correct).

Now I know why we didn't get a Lich in MM6. The devs didn't have a spare corpse nearby to photograph! :D :D
We could make that, though. Does anyone have a spare corpse? :D :D :D

EDIT: I also added the Character Variants as a paragraph to the Features Tracker so that people that do not read through the entire thread would know.

Also - Should I move myself from the Minor Contributions section on the Credits tracker to the Major one? I mean it does include art contributions, and those voice sets I made are some nice pieces of art indeed! Ultimately, it is your choice, I do not want to be a pr-ick. (more than I already am, that is)

EDIT2: I cannot believe a pri-ck is considered a swear word on these forums and gets replaced by * if not de-censored. I just want to murder the person that created political correctness. One more reason why we need a custom forum.
Last edited by Templayer on 14 Jun 2019, 12:34, edited 2 times in total.
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

Dedicated MMMerge Forum (Bug Tracker included): shorturl.at/lryAF

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 14 Jun 2019, 12:37

Templayer wrote:It looks ... quite awesome, actually. I am trying hard to find a flaw. Only MM6 had realistic proportions and characters (due to them being photorealistic), MM7 and MM8 didn't, so I do not see that as much of a problem (as you yourself have stated, Liches aren't very anatomically-correct).

Now I know why we didn't get a Lich in MM6. The devs didn't have a spare corpse nearby to photograph! :D :D
We could make that, though. Does anyone have a spare corpse? :D :D :D
Very much and yes, I know that the neck is the iffiest part of it all. Tried my best to make it look like actual bony neck, but well, since now even the paperdoll shows the neck clearly, I think I have as much freedom as I can. Besides, Liches being all magical, I can imagine that the neck constitution could change from time to time due to simply how they are. :D
I wonder how did they get Skeletons and enemy Liches though ... :devious: ;)

Also yus, now we have quite a lot of stuff for Rodril to check in again. ^^; Implementation of Zombie Minos themselves, Lich and Zombie voices, (maybe) enemy Ghost Dragons (as stated in the textfile inside the zip I've left as well as his own ideas), making sure that Unlocked Zombies (aka ones made via Character Creation via your Unlocker) don't have "Condition: Zombie" right away (like vanilla MM7's Permanent Zombie bug) and, as for now, addition of how does Dragon Ability as a Racial Skill influence attacks, ranged attacks and Armor Class ...
... and maybe your hilarious Easter Egg as well. :tongue: :D :D :D
Templayer wrote:Also - Should I move myself from the Minor Contributions section on the Credits tracker to the Major one? I mean it does include art contributions, and those voice sets I made are some nice pieces of art indeed! Ultimately, it is your choice, I do not want to be a pr-ick. (more than I already am, that is)
Go do that! Same with Jamesx because you both deserve their own credits!! O_O
Last edited by SpectralDragon on 14 Jun 2019, 12:42, edited 1 time in total.
Yes?

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 14 Jun 2019, 13:16

SpectralDragon wrote: Very much and yes, I know that the neck is the iffiest part of it all. Tried my best to make it look like actual bony neck, but well, since now even the paperdoll shows the neck clearly, I think I have as much freedom as I can. Besides, Liches being all magical, I can imagine that the neck constitution could change from time to time due to simply how they are. :D
I wonder how did they get Skeletons and enemy Liches though ... :devious: ;)

Also yus, now we have quite a lot of stuff for Rodril to check in again. ^^; Implementation of Zombie Minos themselves, Lich and Zombie voices, (maybe) enemy Ghost Dragons (as stated in the textfile inside the zip I've left as well as his own ideas), making sure that Unlocked Zombies (aka ones made via Character Creation via your Unlocker) don't have "Condition: Zombie" right away (like vanilla MM7's Permanent Zombie bug) and, as for now, addition of how does Dragon Ability as a Racial Skill influence attacks, ranged attacks and Armor Class ...
... and maybe your hilarious Easter Egg as well. :tongue: :D :D :D
Templayer wrote:Also - Should I move myself from the Minor Contributions section on the Credits tracker to the Major one? I mean it does include art contributions, and those voice sets I made are some nice pieces of art indeed! Ultimately, it is your choice, I do not want to be a pr-ick. (more than I already am, that is)
Go do that! Same with Jamesx because you both deserve their own credits!! O_O
Yeah, but from what I remember, MM6 player characters are photorealistic, while non-playable characters in the game world are 3D models converted to 2D sprites (unlike the sequels).

Easter Egg WILL LIVE.

Also I just realized .... I can simply code Racial Name Generators in LUA, so that it could be implemented to the Merge as simply as putting it into the scripts folder!
And instead of using Tolkien-esque names (like Gimli - check the Suggestion Tracker for the name generator idea, based on a name generator I already created once a long time ago), I could get all the different Might and Magic and Heroes 1-4 names as a base to generate new ones for given races using algoritms! Suddenly I am excited! So that we would have a whole "M&M Racial Names Generator" for our community! Enrothian Human Names, Antagarich Human Male names, ... let's hope I can even find some names for Enrothian Minotaurs in the lore! :P
Then simply have a setting somewhere useComplexNameGenerators=false and if it is set to true, then the humans would get random names based on their paperdoll (since all three games have humans), and one-game races such as Minotaurs would get the generator based on which continent the player wants to start. And the optional modifications to the merge section would then just tell the user to switch that false to true to enable it. This would make even the purists happy. And I can put a Javascript version of that on my website, so people can test that out of the game!

Added to the suggestion tracker! :D

Also I know you would have said that I should put myself into the major contributions section, but I will wait for someone more objective, since I consider you my friend. :D
Rodril wrote:To Rodril: We made a special Implementation Queue on the tracker, it should be somewhere around page 12 (or check the index). We are putting information about finished assets there that are yet to be implemented, so that you will have an easier time getting all the info, instead of getting it from all over the place
Last edited by Templayer on 14 Jun 2019, 13:17, edited 1 time in total.

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 14 Jun 2019, 13:24

Templayer wrote:Yeah, but from what I remember, MM6 player characters are photorealistic, while non-playable characters in the game world are 3D models converted to 2D sprites (unlike the sequels).

Easter Egg WILL LIVE.

Also I just realized .... I can simply code Racial Name Generators in LUA, so that it could be implemented to the Merge as simply as putting it into the scripts folder!
And instead of using Tolkien-esque names (like Gimli - check the Suggestion Tracker for the name generator idea, based on a name generator I already created once a long time ago), I could get all the different Might and Magic and Heroes 1-4 names as a base to generate new ones for given races using algoritms! Suddenly I am excited! So that we would have a whole "M&M Racial Names Generator" for our community! Enrothian Human Names, Antagarich Human Male names, ... let's hope I can even find some names for Enrothian Minotaurs in the lore! :P
Then simply have a setting somewhere useComplexNameGenerators=false and if it is set to true, then the humans would get random names based on their paperdoll (since all three games have humans), and one-game races such as Minotaurs would get the generator based on which continent the player wants to start. And the optional modifications to the merge section would then just tell the user to switch that false to true to enable it. This would make even the purists happy. And I can put a Javascript version of that on my website, so people can test that out of the game!

Added to the suggestion tracker! :D

Also I know you would have said that I should put myself into the major contributions section, but I will wait for someone more objective, since I consider you my friend. :D
Rodril wrote:To Rodril: We made a special Implementation Queue on the tracker, it should be somewhere around page 12 (or check the index). We are putting information about finished assets there that are yet to be implemented, so that you will have an easier time getting all the info, instead of getting it from all over the place
Hehe. I wonder how if they used buck skeleton models for those enemy sprites then ... :D :D :D

Just as long as you don't break the game ... and well, since we have Lurch the Minotaur in Castle Kriegspire as well as the entire thing being a product of Agar's crazed mind I can imagine Enrothian Minotaur names to be either needlessly human-like or just I don't know what-worthy. :D Antagarich Minos have best names though, period. :P :tongue:

Ok, gotcha ... and thank you! :hug:

EDIT: speaking of suggestions, are you up to putting MM9 music into the Merge as well, especially the so-called "OST 16" aka the one that plays in Thjorad Mines? That one's the best one in my opinion, just perfect for some REALLY creepy dungeons like Castle Darkmoor.
https://youtu.be/KvzMlim5aqA
Last edited by SpectralDragon on 14 Jun 2019, 13:28, edited 1 time in total.
Yes?

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 14 Jun 2019, 13:49

SpectralDragon wrote: Hehe. I wonder how if they used buck skeleton models for those enemy sprites then ... :D :D :D

Just as long as you don't break the game ... and well, since we have Lurch the Minotaur in Castle Kriegspire as well as the entire thing being a product of Agar's crazed mind I can imagine Enrothian Minotaur names to be either needlessly human-like or just I don't know what-worthy. :D Antagarich Minos have best names though, period. :P :tongue:

Ok, gotcha ... and thank you! :hug:

EDIT: speaking of suggestions, are you up to putting MM9 music into the Merge as well, especially the so-called "OST 16" aka the one that plays in Thjorad Mines? That one's the best one in my opinion, just perfect for some REALLY creepy dungeons like Castle Darkmoor.
https://youtu.be/KvzMlim5aqA
I will check Heroes 1 and Heroes 2 for some names, otherwise it is going to be only Murch, Purch, Hurch, Nurch, Wurch, Qurch, Írch, Ürch, Kurch, Jurch, Gurch, Furch, Durch, Surch, Årch, Yurch, Xurch, Curch, Vurch and Burch. :D

As for MM9 - I do not know how well that would sit for purists. I wouldn't be against it being in a new location or a new dungeon, though. We should scavenge MM9 for stuff that is useable. Playable Orcs would be cool (Heroes 1+2 ones visually for Orc1 (Enrothian) and Heroes 3 / MM9 for Orc2 (Antagarich), with the MM9 stats, skills and such retrofitted to sit well with the MM8 engine and skills. If someone does the graphics, I am not against having Orcs playable in Antagarich by default and I would design the race for them stat and racial skill wise).
Last edited by Templayer on 14 Jun 2019, 13:55, edited 1 time in total.

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 14 Jun 2019, 14:01

Templayer wrote:I will check Heroes 1 and Heroes 2 for some names, otherwise it is going to be only Murch, Purch, Hurch, Nurch, Wurch, Qurch, Írch, Ürch, Kurch, Jurch, Gurch, Furch, Durch, Surch, Årch, Yurch, Xurch, Curch, Vurch and Burch. :D

As for MM9 - I do not know how well that would sit for purists. I wouldn't be against it being in a new location or a new dungeon, though. We should scavenge MM9 for stuff that is useable. Playable Orcs would be cool (Heroes 1+2 ones, with the MM9 stats, skills and such retrofitted to sit well with the MM8 engine and skills. If someone does the graphics, I am not against having Orcs playable in Antagarich by default and I would design the race for them).
Good Luck! :tsup:

Nor am I, really, even though first things first, gotta finish with them Liches and Zombies and whatnot. I'll still briefly scavenge MM9 for useable stuff though, I mean, the other great soundtrack is "OST 17" aka the one that plays in Tomb of 1000 Terrors ... and since in my opinion, Plane Between Planes really needs some more rework in order to make it fit with the BG of Escaton's Palace, yeah, I think that it's basically the big-ass blank slate for all of us to rework and play in. I still remember having speculative talks with a MM lore nerd that suspected that Plane Between Planes is actually a Plane of Chaos and that Tomb of 1000 Terrors was connected to it as well as it's due to it that we get such things like Venom Spawns and Ice Demons in Axeoth (Venom Spawns basically being either an evolved version of Ooze or " what happens when Ooze comes into Plane of Chaos" version) and how similarly mangled do Greater Demons (who were apparently Kreegan trapped inside both Plane of Chaos/Plane Between Planes - Behemoths - and Tomb of 1000 Terrors) look like compared to Ether Champions.
Yes?

tinywhitecat
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby tinywhitecat » 15 Jun 2019, 01:37

Alright, so I finally finished this mod. Bravo!
The last set of bugs:
In the hive in Sweetwater, you can slip between the bars in the central hatch, skipping a large section.
The very first door in the Tomb of Varn (The one you face immediately after entering) is wonky? It seems to only open for certain characters for arbitrary reasons.
In the endless basement from after you win (If that is a bug please don't fix it it's really cool) it causes out-of-memory errors once you go around 14ish floors in.
The following armors missing textures can be acquired:
Royal Plate in Tatalia
Golden Chain in Nighon
Royal Leather in Eofal
EDIT: Forcefully resetting the "Shopkeeper" in Blackshire by reloading a save caused him to start selling basic fire spells with the text "n/a"
Finally, this isn't a bug, but it would be nice if you could ask Verdant for a reminder on how to access the Breach (It's easy to forget).
EDIT 2: Getting the 3 phoenix feathers sucks since there is only one phoenix spawnpoint in the entirety of all 3 games. I personally think some guaranteed pheonix feathers should be put in the upstairs of the war camp, because then it will functionally be a quest to beat that (unused) dungeon.
Sidenote: Has anyone been able to export the maps into usable .objs? When I open it in blender it loads the default cube. Importing works fine though.
Last edited by tinywhitecat on 15 Jun 2019, 01:44, edited 2 times in total.

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 15 Jun 2019, 07:10

Let me be brief this time, everyone.

:D :D Minotaur Lich is complete! :D :D

After what I´ve learned from processing Mino Zombie, I took heed of everything and acted accordingly. Consider these files to be "source", still needing to be ported into the game proper. GIMP (or at least the version I have) is like that, unfortunately.

You can get the .zip of it HERE.

Ok, this time I˙ll take a break, since I really need it both to get stuff irl done and to think which assets can I change like the "sky-tiles", so that the game could be a bit more "spiced up" if you know what I mean ... and to give Rodril, GrayFace and Templayer (see Implementation Queue for stuff that need to be implemented) time to implement all that weren´t implemented in the mod, so that it grows into greatness it˙s destined to be. :D
Jamesx wrote:Something for you! *poke*
Yes?

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 15 Jun 2019, 09:36

tinywhitecat wrote:Alright, so I finally finished this mod. Bravo!
The last set of bugs:
In the hive in Sweetwater, you can slip between the bars in the central hatch, skipping a large section.
The very first door in the Tomb of Varn (The one you face immediately after entering) is wonky? It seems to only open for certain characters for arbitrary reasons.
In the endless basement from after you win (If that is a bug please don't fix it it's really cool) it causes out-of-memory errors once you go around 14ish floors in.
The following armors missing textures can be acquired:
Royal Plate in Tatalia
Golden Chain in Nighon
Royal Leather in Eofal
EDIT: Forcefully resetting the "Shopkeeper" in Blackshire by reloading a save caused him to start selling basic fire spells with the text "n/a"
Finally, this isn't a bug, but it would be nice if you could ask Verdant for a reminder on how to access the Breach (It's easy to forget).
EDIT 2: Getting the 3 phoenix feathers sucks since there is only one phoenix spawnpoint in the entirety of all 3 games. I personally think some guaranteed pheonix feathers should be put in the upstairs of the war camp, because then it will functionally be a quest to beat that (unused) dungeon.
Sidenote: Has anyone been able to export the maps into usable .objs? When I open it in blender it loads the default cube. Importing works fine though.
Added to the Bug Tracker. By GDSpectra / SpectralDragon. Am I becoming obsolete? :D :D :D :D
Nah, I'm happy it isn't all on my shoulders now. ^_^
SpectralDragon wrote:Let me be brief this time, everyone.

After what I´ve learned from processing Mino Zombie, I took heed of everything and acted accordingly. Consider these files to be "source", still needing to be ported into the game proper. GIMP (or at least the version I have) is like that, unfortunately.

Ok, this time I˙ll take a break, since I really need it both to get stuff irl done and to think which assets can I change like the "sky-tiles", so that the game could be a bit more "spiced up" if you know what I mean ... and to give Rodril, GrayFace and Templayer (see Implementation Queue for stuff that need to be implemented) time to implement all that weren´t implemented in the mod, so that it grows into greatness it˙s destined to be. :D
Jamesx wrote:Something for you! *poke*
Excellent!

Could someone send me the newest version's scripts folder? For a Merge that works? There is another script error somewhere.
GrayFace wrote:*Pokes the eye*

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 15 Jun 2019, 09:40

Templayer wrote:Added to the Bug Tracker. By GDSpectra / SpectralDragon. Am I becoming obsolete? :D :D :D :D
Nah, I'm happy it isn't all on my shoulders now. ^_^
I left ya with his suggestions like the Phoenix Feather one. ;P :tongue: That aside yeah, time for me to have a break and have you coders solve stuff that's been piled up now. ;) ^^;

Not to even mention there is your thing about that Name Generator and all talk regarding Plane Between Planes and MM9 salvaging and whatnot. :D :D
Last edited by SpectralDragon on 15 Jun 2019, 09:42, edited 1 time in total.
Yes?

justl
Demon
Demon

Unread postby justl » 15 Jun 2019, 15:19

what endless basement are you talking about? i havent ever seen something like that in mm6-8

try getting phoenix feathers as loot from dragons (dragonsand@mm6, land of giants@mm7) ... they have a moderate probability to drop them
V2: Compendium of mm6-8 Secrets + Details about the base merge and DaveHer's redone merge (its in english!)
https://www.mightandmagicworld.de/fileb ... index.html

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 15 Jun 2019, 15:29

:stop: WARNING!! :stop:
I´ve got return info from Jamesx that seeing how the paperdoll of this is bigger than what the game intended (HORNS), it´s the case of either Rodril fixing its paperdoll position OR me making his horns as small as original Brown Minotaur has. Link will still contain original paperdoll with its full horns for Rodril/other coders to mess with, but as for now, it´s currently unusable until its paperdoll position has been fixed in order to fit with armors of the paperdoll.

So yeah, smaller horns or more dabbling with the paperdoll itself from coders´ side? The choice is yours now, as I made the smaller-horned one just in case you pals wish to not mess with this paperdoll anymore. So yeah. ^^;
The prototype Mino Lich image was just that after all, a prototype.

:tsup: You can get Jamesx´s game-ported Minotaur Lich assets :right: HERE :left: (thank you, Jamesx! :hug: Image above is of his making). Beware, it˙s the one with the small horns in case you coders decide/think that it˙s too much for you to get the big-horned version into the game! 8| 8|
Last edited by SpectralDragon on 15 Jun 2019, 15:51, edited 3 times in total.
Yes?

Roticet
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Roticet » 15 Jun 2019, 16:05

justl wrote:
what endless basement are you talking about? i havent ever seen something like that in mm6-8

try getting phoenix feathers as loot from dragons (dragonsand@mm6, land of giants@mm7) ... they have a moderate probability to drop them

Correct me if im wrong, but there isnt one in the vanilla games. The endless basement is something for the merge i believe.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 15 Jun 2019, 16:06

Holy Crud, guys. I just found out that there is going to be a spiritual successor to Heroes 2! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdFv6ZnvLUo
Now I just wish someone would do the same thing for Might and Magic VI-VIII.
The Merge is great, but a new full fledged game that is just perfect (so certainly not IX or X...) would be excellent. Beautiful hand-crafted graphics, no microtransactions, long gameplay, good story, all the features of VI-VIII and more.... and no corporate bullsh*t. Well, I can dream, right?

Like Sandro and Tarnum going back in time to break the Sword of Frost and prevent the Reckoning.
justl wrote: what endless basement are you talking about? i havent ever seen something like that in mm6-8
That is new content in the Merge. The fourth storyline. You do not know about it? O_o
justl wrote:hi,
with all that thing about dragonliches, etc. i completly lost track (cause i skipped that) if someone is redoing artifacts/etc. or is writing a how to for gimp.
if so, i would participate

justl
No one is doing armours, but GrayFace did want to fix some of them, and made a video on how to make the repaints for the armour. I think It is buried somewhere in the thread. Just ask GDSpectra / SpectralDragon about that tutorial video.
SpectralDragon wrote:PROD
Last edited by Templayer on 15 Jun 2019, 16:10, edited 1 time in total.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 15 Jun 2019, 16:14

SpectralDragon wrote:

:stop: WARNING!! :stop:
I´ve got return info from Jamesx that seeing how the paperdoll of this is bigger than what the game intended (HORNS), it´s the case of either Rodril fixing its paperdoll position OR me making his horns as small as original Brown Minotaur has. Link will still contain original paperdoll with its full horns for Rodril/other coders to mess with, but as for now, it´s currently unusable until its paperdoll position has been fixed in order to fit with armors of the paperdoll.

So yeah, smaller horns or more dabbling with the paperdoll itself from coders´ side? The choice is yours now, as I made the smaller-horned one just in case you pals wish to not mess with this paperdoll anymore. So yeah. ^^;
The prototype Mino Lich image was just that after all, a prototype.

:tsup: You can get Jamesx´s game-ported Minotaur Lich assets :right: HERE :left: (thank you, Jamesx! :hug: Image above is of his making). Beware, it˙s the one with the small horns in case you coders decide/think that it˙s too much for you to get the big-horned version into the game! 8| 8|
Fiddle with it to make the horns bigger and more menacing.
Also as can easily be seen from the picture, some leather armours for Minotaurs contain the legs, so the brown minotaur legs are a part of the armour - that should be fixed and removed. We really do not need brown minotaur legs overlaying normal minotaur legs.... I have a theory that in the earlier part of the development, Minotaurs should have been not unlike humans, but the legs would have been woven into the armour design, possibly even headgear. The minotaur leather armour having minotaur legs in it's sprite might be from that. Just a theory. A GAME THEORY. :D :D

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 15 Jun 2019, 16:19

Also if someone would finally get me the list of additional little changes from vanilla so that I could put that to the Features tracker, that would be swell. :)

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 15 Jun 2019, 16:22

Templayer wrote:Fiddle with it to make the horns bigger and more menacing.
Also as can easily be seen from the picture, some leather armours for Minotaurs contain the legs, so the brown minotaur legs are a part of the armour - that should be fixed and removed. We really do not need brown minotaur legs overlaying normal minotaur legs.... I have a theory that in the earlier part of the development, Minotaurs should have been not unlike humans, but the legs would have been woven into the armour design, possibly even headgear. The minotaur leather armour having minotaur legs in it's sprite might be from that. Just a theory. A GAME THEORY. :D :D
I cannot. I tried. :( :S :ashamed: In order to make the big-horned one appropriate, here's what I'd need to do according to Jamesx:
Jamesx wrote:/.../ set the individual position for each of paperdoll types in Character doll types.txt. It's just a table with all such of things, the game use it to define positions of dolls and parts for all races)) One way or another, he (Rodril) will have to create a new character class to bring this horny guy into the game, just set the position on .12 pixels higher)
So yeah, that's on you coders. I'm just an artist after all and have no idea how to handle code. :ashamed: :(
Most likely, yeah, even if I honestly thought that's leather armor's pants instead. :D
Yes?

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 15 Jun 2019, 18:18

SpectralDragon wrote:
Templayer wrote:Fiddle with it to make the horns bigger and more menacing.
I cannot. I tried. :( :S :ashamed: In order to make the big-horned one appropriate, here's what I'd need to do according to Jamesx:
Jamesx wrote:/.../ set the individual position for each of paperdoll types in Character doll types.txt. It's just a table with all such of things, the game use it to define positions of dolls and parts for all races)) One way or another, he (Rodril) will have to create a new character class to bring this horny guy into the game, just set the position on .12 pixels higher)
So yeah, that's on you coders. I'm just an artist after all and have no idea how to handle code. :ashamed: :(
Most likely, yeah, even if I honestly thought that's leather armor's pants instead. :D
GrayFace wrote:PROD
I am too lazy! xD

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 15 Jun 2019, 18:44

SpectralDragon wrote:Say hello to more wonky-ass anatomy, people! :D :D :D

Thank the Ancients even dev-made classic Liches have the iffiest of anatomies, thus I can get away with stuff like this. X,DD
To me it looks like a reptile. That nose on the 1st pic. Half reptile, half minotaur.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Return to “Might and Magic”