Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 31.05.2019]

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 06 Jun 2019, 10:44

Xfing wrote: I suppose you'd still need a party death to get your character to become a permanent zombie with the adverse effects gone. That's kinda the whole problem here - you're meant to NOT want to be a zombie, and get rid of that condition ASAP. The stat penalties are bad enough, but not being able to rest and getting negative bonuses from healing spells are the real issue. I think you'd have to code in a whole new race if you'd like permanent zombies starting out in "Good" condition.
Hehe. Speaking of that, after I'm done with bloody Lich and Zombie fiasco I was thinking in trying my hand on armor repaints, so you're in luck there. Question how long will it take for me to be out of Lich and Zombie area though, seeing as I've made myself a Ghost Dragon monster that is perfectly fine of being in the outside game as well ... :tongue:
Last edited by SpectralDragon on 06 Jun 2019, 10:46, edited 1 time in total.
Yes?

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 06 Jun 2019, 10:55

SpectralDragon wrote: Hehe. Speaking of that, after I'm done with bloody Lich and Zombie fiasco I was thinking in trying my hand on armor repaints, so you're in luck there. Question how long will it take for me to be out of Lich and Zombie area though, seeing as I've made myself a Ghost Dragon monster that is perfectly fine of being in the outside game as well ... :tongue:
I wouldn't mind seeing ghost dragons in the actual game once (and if) we choose to go the route of mixing up monster populations from all 3 games like I've somewhat suggested in the past. My idea was to do some mix-and-matching like say, putting some MM8 necros in the Pit for instance, maybe some liches in Zanthora's lab etc etc, you get the picture? That would be a good opportunity to also add in the Ghost Dragons, if any.

This approach would hugely sacrifice the original experience though, and make this a mod as much as a merger of the 3 games, but several approaches could be taken to circumvent that problem - like for example applying the mix and match monster populations only after every continent has been beaten to make the endgame more interesting and rewarding to play, or making it an optional mod to be installed on top of the merge. Personally I'd kinda fancy fighting for example the weaker elementals from MM7 alongside the stronger MM8 ones within a single, theme-appropriate dungeon. That, in addition to being fun, would really be a good opportunity to restore some cut content also, such as manticores from MM7 or the two absent tiers of dark elven warriors or MM8 minotaurs - they're nowhere to be found in the game, which is kind of a bummer!

But yeah, that would require some thought on how to implement it in a compromising way so that everyone's happy - if Rodril is even willing to go that way. But finishing all the repaints and assigning the stratified values to them would definitely be a closer priority than far-reaching stuff like this :P

So yeah, if you're willing to do some repaints, it'd be super awesome. The number of armors to be repainted is actually less than you might expect, since Grayface actually did all artifact and relic armors himself already - many of which share the appearances of their more common equivalents - from both MM6 and MM7. Most of those are still not in the game (such as generic golden plates from mm6 or golden chainmails from mm7 for example), but it'd be trivially easy for Rodril to reintroduce them, since the graphical assets are already there. We also already have some of the lower tier leathers and chainmails from MM7 in the game, but I personally think at least the leathers could use another pass.
Last edited by Xfing on 06 Jun 2019, 11:05, edited 4 times in total.

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 06 Jun 2019, 11:05

Xfing wrote:So yeah, if you're willing to do some repaints, it'd be super awesome. The number of armors to be repainted is actually less than you might expect, since Grayface actually did all artifact and relic armors himself already - many of which share the appearances of their more common equivalents - from both MM6 and MM7. Most of those are still not in the game (such as generic golden plates from mm6 or golden chainmails from mm7 for example), but it'd be trivially easy for Rodril to reintroduce them, since the graphical assets are already there.
I might be bad at repainting armors to look exactly like how they do in their MM6/MM7 form, but damn me to Deyja if I don´t try, especially with the entire "Warp Transform" thing GrayFace introduced in his videos, since I was thinking in trying to do that to missing armors ... even though I´m more generally interested in apparel rather than armors. Cloaks, boots, hats ... especially Angelic Helm, Doomsday Cloak and Wizard´s Hat (yaknow, that HILARIOUS-looking peaked hat of MM6! :lol: :D) need their repaints (or being Warp Transformed) direly, as they˙re the most awesome ones of the bunch.
Question where I´d get original helm, cloak and hat assets though and whenever or not Wizard´s Hat even needs to be transformed in the 1st place (I dare you to imagine a Lich with that hat. X,DDD) ... hmmmm.
Yes?

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 06 Jun 2019, 11:11

SpectralDragon wrote: I might be bad at repainting armors to look exactly like how they do in their MM6/MM7 form, but damn me to Deyja if I don´t try, especially with the entire "Warp Transform" thing GrayFace introduced in his videos, since I was thinking in trying to do that to missing armors ... even though I´m more generally interested in apparel rather than armors. Cloaks, boots, hats ... especially Angelic Helm, Doomsday Cloak and Wizard´s Hat (yaknow, that HILARIOUS-looking peaked hat of MM6! :lol: :D) need their repaints (or being Warp Transformed) direly, as they˙re the most awesome ones of the bunch.
Question where I´d get original helm, cloak and hat assets though and whenever or not Wizard´s Hat even needs to be transformed in the 1st place (I dare you to imagine a Lich with that hat. X,DDD) ... hmmmm.
Of course they also need their repaints! Out of the whole bunch, I think the cloaks and the belts will probably be the easiest ones to do, since it's very easy to get the cloaks to fit each paperdoll type (in fact Rodril has already done it for several unique and quest ones), and the belts only ever had 2 versions in MM8 (female humanoid and the rest). Helmets are going to be a bit tougher, since there are 3 head types in MM8 paperdolls, and boots are going to be even worse, since there's more variation in their appearance between the games, and they're going to be much harder to make (especially the Troll/Dwarf variation).

As for where to get the assets from - you could export them from MM6 using MMArchive (if I assume correctly that the spiky witch hat is from MM6?). That's not hard at all to do.

Can't wait myself either! Imagine all those awesome dress-up options we'll have :D
Last edited by Xfing on 06 Jun 2019, 11:11, edited 1 time in total.

Roticet
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Roticet » 06 Jun 2019, 12:16

What about introducing dragon armor?

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 06 Jun 2019, 12:41

Roticet wrote:What about introducing dragon armor?
If only! It´s basically natural of Dragons to be only able to equip amulets and rings. Gotta mess with game code and have extra assets to have dragon armor, I˙m afraid ... and with Dracoliches as well as Ghost Dragons being introduced, yeeah, thanks, but no thanks. ^^;
Yes?

Pixoala
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Pixoala » 06 Jun 2019, 14:47

At the very end of MM8 (after you destroy the Ravenshore crystal), when Fellmoon ask you to talk to xanthor (and you do so), when you come back to Fellmoon, he doesn't unlock the warehouse downstairs (it's like you haven't talk to Xanthor). He just keep me asking to talk to Xanthor.
Last edited by Pixoala on 06 Jun 2019, 14:47, edited 1 time in total.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 06 Jun 2019, 16:09

SpectralDragon wrote:
Xfing wrote:So yeah, if you're willing to do some repaints, it'd be super awesome. The number of armors to be repainted is actually less than you might expect, since Grayface actually did all artifact and relic armors himself already - many of which share the appearances of their more common equivalents - from both MM6 and MM7. Most of those are still not in the game (such as generic golden plates from mm6 or golden chainmails from mm7 for example), but it'd be trivially easy for Rodril to reintroduce them, since the graphical assets are already there.
I might be bad at repainting armors to look exactly like how they do in their MM6/MM7 form, but damn me to Deyja if I don´t try, especially with the entire "Warp Transform" thing GrayFace introduced in his videos, since I was thinking in trying to do that to missing armors ... even though I´m more generally interested in apparel rather than armors. Cloaks, boots, hats ... especially Angelic Helm, Doomsday Cloak and Wizard´s Hat (yaknow, that HILARIOUS-looking peaked hat of MM6! :lol: :D) need their repaints (or being Warp Transformed) direly, as they˙re the most awesome ones of the bunch.
You know you can access the game's resources as you would with any compressed file, thanks to GrayFace's LOD Archive?
SpectralDragon wrote:
If only! It´s basically natural of Dragons to be only able to equip amulets and rings. Gotta mess with game code and have extra assets to have dragon armor, I˙m afraid ... and with Dracoliches as well as Ghost Dragons being introduced, yeeah, thanks, but no thanks. ^^;
Maybe Dragons could have a hoard at their feet. Just adding gems to that. The more gems, the bigger the hoard, the higher fame your party gets and the more personality the dragons will have as a bonus. :D
SpectralDragon wrote::D :D Ghost Dragon monster sprites are complete! :D :D

Get the download here: https://sta.sh/0x0ufoyfk2m

The .zip file includes:
-> Monster sprites of Ghost Dragon
-> Lore behind Ghost Dragons in Might and Magic game setting(s)
-> Where would they be found in-game and potential special tweaks to them
-> Monster stats for all 3 tiers (Ghost, Wight, Spectral)
Note that all txt files are my ideas and thus you don´t need to necessarily agree with them at all!

SPECIAL THANKS GOES TO RODRIL AND JAMESX FOR PROVIDING ME WITH BONE DRAGON SPRITES AND CYRUS ANNIHILATOR FOR THE GIANT SPRITE SHEET WHERE GHOST DRAGON SPRITES WERE CREATED FIRST! :tsup:
Added to the Paint Tracker under Monsters and such. We are still missing a MegaDragon, as far as I know. There is an actual MegaDragon in the game, but lacks non-default dragon enemy sprites and sounds.
Xfing wrote:
Templayer wrote: EDIT: NOPE - the Zombie stats WILL get applied AFTER you get into the game, and you will also get Zombie status if you select a zombie as a race in the Character Creation. I wonder what kind of glitch will happen if you heal your character of the Zombie status, if the character always was a zombie. Nill? :D :D :D
I suppose you'd still need a party death to get your character to become a permanent zombie with the adverse effects gone. That's kinda the whole problem here - you're meant to NOT want to be a zombie, and get rid of that condition ASAP. The stat penalties are bad enough, but not being able to rest and getting negative bonuses from healing spells are the real issue. I think you'd have to code in a whole new race if you'd like permanent zombies starting out in "Good" condition.

EDIT: Ok, nvm - I just read Rodril's post. You're going to have your Zombie condition preserved after getting healed at a temple. Super weird if you think about it, but I could see its appeal - it's kinda like "hard mode" for the game, trying to complete it with all the handicaps of being a zombie!

That said, not sure if Ghost Dragons should have all those handicaps, that'd kinda feel weird. Then again, no better idea from my end >_>
Wrong and wrong. From what I know, Rodril fixed that vanilla glitch with a party death (I think and believe). And " think you'd have to code in a whole new race if you'd like permanent zombies starting out in "Good" condition." <- that is just plain incorrect. They already ARE a race, code-wise.
Daedros wrote:
Templayer wrote: Yeah, that is one hilarious DnD creature.

Instead of being bound to their coffin, they are bound to their hoard.

They can be killed by driving a stake through their heart. You do need a VERY big stake, however.

They cannot enter a home uninvited. But to circumvent this rule, they just have to smash the home to the ground.

They are immune to garlic. Either that or there never was enough garlic available to kill one.
Probably the best example of a Vampiric Dragonkin, would be Capnolithyl, aka "Brimstone". He was a Vampiric Smoke Drake, the result of Sammaster's experiments with creating undead Dragons to rule the world, until Sammaster realized how to create Dracoliches, which were superior to Vampiric Dragons.
Capnolithyl was incredibly cunning, able to "circumvent" the inability to leave his hoard for long, by creating a collar that was magically linked to his hoard. When most of that collar was destroyed, he placed the remaining piece inside his own body. He was also able to decipher an ancient, lost Draconic game called "Xorvintaal", and use it as a ruse to get several of the most powerful Dragons killed.
https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Capnolithyl
As Spectral already said, the Brimstone Capnolithyl and the Brimstone from Shadowspire are the same character. By that I mean that one is a direct reference to the other. Maybe Rodril could at least change him from Dragon Dragon (race + class) to Vampire Dragon. That would be awesome. With a switch in a configuration file, so that hardcore purists might turn that off. Making him a Vampire race would provide him with Vampiric Abilities.
Pixoala wrote:At the very end of MM8 (after you destroy the Ravenshore crystal), when Fellmoon ask you to talk to xanthor (and you do so), when you come back to Fellmoon, he doesn't unlock the warehouse downstairs (it's like you haven't talk to Xanthor). He just keep me asking to talk to Xanthor.
Added to the Bug Tracker.

Code: Select all

function events.DoBadThingToPlayer(t)
		if t.Player.Conditions[17] > 0 and table.find(ZombieImmunities, t.Thing) then
			t.Allow = false
		end
	end
"DoBadThingToPlayer" <- Code-wise, this is the correct way of naming nomenclature for functions. Albeit a bit hilarious. :D :D :D :D
Last edited by Templayer on 06 Jun 2019, 16:13, edited 1 time in total.
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

Dedicated MMMerge Forum (Bug Tracker included): shorturl.at/lryAF

Roticet
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Roticet » 06 Jun 2019, 16:19

SpectralDragon wrote:
I also kinda forgot that their dragon ability adds to ac until i loaded my save earlier today after i made that post. So its uneccessary. Though, if not too hard, it would be interesting to see the rings and amulet show up on the paperdoll.

Though i do find that dragon hoard thing interesting. Gotta go, so i will think on that and see if i can come up with ideas
Last edited by Roticet on 06 Jun 2019, 16:20, edited 1 time in total.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 06 Jun 2019, 17:08

So the newest version doesn't work for me. This happened multiple times before, when the zip file was being generated, which now it isn't. Does the newest update work for other people?

Code: Select all

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
...f Enroth\Scripts\Structs\After\LocalizationAndQuests.lua:564: use of unknown global variable "TakeItemFromParty" after _KNOWNGLOBALS_F declaration

stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'error'
	Scripts/Core/RSNoGlobals.lua:602: in function 'dofile'
	Scripts\Core\main.lua:484: in main chunk

arguments of 'dofile':
	fname = "H:\\Might and Magic MERGE - The World of Enroth\\Scripts\\Structs\\After\\LocalizationAndQuests.lua"

local variables of 'dofile':
	f = nil
	err = "...f Enroth\\Scripts\\Structs\\After\\LocalizationAndQuests.lua:564: use of unknown global variable \"TakeItemFromParty\" after _KNOWNGLOBALS_F declaration"

upvalues of 'dofile':
	loadfile = (function: 0x01125940)
	error = (function: builtin#19)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
What I did? Clean GOG install, copied base merge files into it, overwriting existing, then copied the update files into it, again overwriting existing. Boom. :anime:
I tried for the last hour trying to find out what is wrong. There is next to no way for me to screw it up, since the process is so simple.
I spent 10,5 hours at work today, and I have about 2 hours of free time, so time well spent I guess.

Someone, PLEASE send me your game with the mod and the newest patch applied, while packaging it. I do own the game, so it is not illegal. Preferably give me a link in a PM or email.

I did look at the newest Character Creation, and my unlocker should still work. Here's an more actual version, someone tell me if it works or not. If not, it isn't my fault, and I need a working copy of the newest merge to find out where the problem lies. I do not even know which other races appear on the newer character creation - there were a few added. Are the dwarven female liches OK? Or ARE those glitched ones actually female liches? There is a "zombie dragon" there now, does it appear, or is it the one glitching? I need to know which is actually the glitched character, but I presume this isn't my screwup (for once, that is).

https://www.ulozto.net/!pS0UTFzzMmHj/ch ... ection-txt
Someone test it.
Last edited by Templayer on 06 Jun 2019, 17:10, edited 1 time in total.

Cisc0
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Cisc0 » 06 Jun 2019, 17:14

Hey! I made an account just to say this is incredible, I'm absolutely stunned by the amount of effort and the excellent quality of the finished product.
Thank you so much for creating this, MM7 & 8 were my favourite games growing up and I'm thrilled to have a chance to play them through in a whole new way!!
Grayface and Rodril, you two are amazing, and Sower, Echo (your additional MM8 characters were cool too!), Jamesx, Vinevi, SpectralDragon and Jessen (I don't have to imagine vampire knights/minotaur clerics anymore!!!), it's unbelievable how many talented people are out there.
Sincere thanks and undying respect to everyone involved.

I'm just catching up on all the extra mods: I found the zombie characters and liches (genius work, beautifully done Templayer!!), the racial skills mod (wow!), and the bone dragons - maybe these could be added as links at the start of the thread so they're all in one place?
The search function works great though, so maybe not.

EDIT: I'm just stupid, I've found them in plain sight in the tracker under "optional modifications" (who'da thought?! :tongue: )

Once more -- wow! This is a dream come true lmao
Last edited by Cisc0 on 06 Jun 2019, 17:18, edited 3 times in total.

tinywhitecat
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby tinywhitecat » 06 Jun 2019, 17:52

Forgive me for this as I think it has been brought up before, but I didn't receive any gold for delivering fake riverstride plans as well as the fake Loren Steele.
It's also possible to acquire multiple Gryphonheart Trumpets using the seer, and that allows you to give it to both sides in the war.

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 06 Jun 2019, 18:11

Templayer wrote:You know you can access the game's resources as you would with any compressed file, thanks to GrayFace's LOD Archive?
I'm worried I might break the game though even if I'd use GOG versions for it. Besides, with Mino Zombie and a Zombie SheLich (actual name) on my back I'm still kind of too busy to go searching for them. ^^;
Templayer wrote:Maybe Dragons could have a hoard at their feet. Just adding gems to that. The more gems, the bigger the hoard, the higher fame your party gets and the more personality the dragons will have as a bonus. :D
Would be nice there, since single chests in the cave, as these show up, are definitely MEGA-underwhelming. ;)
Templayer wrote:Added to the Paint Tracker under Monsters and such. We are still missing a MegaDragon, as far as I know. There is an actual MegaDragon in the game, but lacks non-default dragon enemy sprites and sounds.
I actually know about it, but question on how I'd be able to customize a Dragon monster spritefor it. Big question (as MM7 Dragon monster sprite is purple ... :lol:). ^^;
Templayer wrote:As Spectral already said, the Brimstone Capnolithyl and the Brimstone from Shadowspire are the same character. By that I mean that one is a direct reference to the other. Maybe Rodril could at least change him from Dragon Dragon (race + class) to Vampire Dragon. That would be awesome. With a switch in a configuration file, so that hardcore purists might turn that off. Making him a Vampire race would provide him with Vampiric Abilities.
Exactly. Might as well go to the end, eh? :D :D
Templayer wrote:"DoBadThingToPlayer" <- Code-wise, this is the correct way of naming nomenclature for functions. Albeit a bit hilarious. :D :D :D :D
Guess they had more fun at NWC still, eh? :lol:
tinywhitecat wrote:Forgive me for this as I think it has been brought up before, but I didn't receive any gold for delivering fake riverstride plans as well as the fake Loren Steele.
It's also possible to acquire multiple Gryphonheart Trumpets using the seer, and that allows you to give it to both sides in the war.
That actually wasn't. Dang still, especially with multiple Trumpets case. Was always wishing a Trumpet on my own, really. :D :D :D
Yes?

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 06 Jun 2019, 18:43

SpectralDragon wrote:
Templayer wrote:You know you can access the game's resources as you would with any compressed file, thanks to GrayFace's LOD Archive?
I'm worried I might break the game though even if I'd use GOG versions for it. Besides, with Mino Zombie and a Zombie SheLich (actual name) on my back I'm still kind of too busy to go searching for them. ^^;
Templayer wrote:Maybe Dragons could have a hoard at their feet. Just adding gems to that. The more gems, the bigger the hoard, the higher fame your party gets and the more personality the dragons will have as a bonus. :D
Would be nice there, since single chests in the cave, as these show up, are definitely MEGA-underwhelming. ;)
Templayer wrote:Added to the Paint Tracker under Monsters and such. We are still missing a MegaDragon, as far as I know. There is an actual MegaDragon in the game, but lacks non-default dragon enemy sprites and sounds.
I actually know about it, but question on how I'd be able to customize a Dragon monster spritefor it. Big question (as MM7 Dragon monster sprite is purple ... :lol:). ^^;
Templayer wrote:"DoBadThingToPlayer" <- Code-wise, this is the correct way of naming nomenclature for functions. Albeit a bit hilarious. :D :D :D :D
Guess they had more fun at NWC still, eh? :lol:
tinywhitecat wrote:Forgive me for this as I think it has been brought up before, but I didn't receive any gold for delivering fake riverstride plans as well as the fake Loren Steele.
That actually wasn't. Dang still, especially with multiple Trumpets case. Was always wishing a Trumpet on my own, really. :D :D :D
1. The LOD Archive is able to preview the file and if you then just use the export function, it won't ruin it.
2. You could make some "loot hoard" sprites that would work as chests. Or better yet - a whole 3D object. That would be awesome for these caves.
3. MegaDragon shouldn't be made from existing Dragon sprites, but made from scratch, using the MegaDragons in Heroes as a base.
4. That's actually LUA, so either it was done by GrayFace, or Rodril (I didn't check) - it's in the script file for zombies.
5. That could be, I imagine, a vanilla glitch. I'll add it to the bug tracker anyway.
Added to the Bug Tracker.
Cisc0 wrote:Hey! I made an account just to say this is incredible, I'm absolutely stunned by the amount of effort and the excellent quality of the finished product.
Thank you so much for creating this, MM7 & 8 were my favourite games growing up and I'm thrilled to have a chance to play them through in a whole new way!!
Grayface and Rodril, you two are amazing, and Sower, Echo (your additional MM8 characters were cool too!), Jamesx, Vinevi, SpectralDragon and Jessen (I don't have to imagine vampire knights/minotaur clerics anymore!!!), it's unbelievable how many talented people are out there.
Sincere thanks and undying respect to everyone involved.

I'm just catching up on all the extra mods: I found the zombie characters and liches (genius work, beautifully done Templayer!!), the racial skills mod (wow!), and the bone dragons - maybe these could be added as links at the start of the thread so they're all in one place?
The search function works great though, so maybe not.

EDIT: I'm just stupid, I've found them in plain sight in the tracker under "optional modifications" (who'da thought?! :tongue: )

Once more -- wow! This is a dream come true lmao
There are so many people discovering this project, it is rather wonderful (if hard to read, we need a standalone forum with various sections! :D )
I didn't do the zombie characters and liches, only did some work on the Dracolich (which got used, yaay!), but I did the modified voices for them (probably not yet in the merge I think). I did create the unlocker though, so you can make any race/class combination. I'm also glad that people find the Tracker useful. :)

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 06 Jun 2019, 18:54

Templayer wrote:1. The LOD Archive is able to preview the file and if you then just use the export function, it won't ruin it.
2. You could make some "loot hoard" sprites that would work as chests. Or better yet - a whole 3D object. That would be awesome for these caves.
3. MegaDragon shouldn't be made from existing Dragon sprites, but made from scratch, using the MegaDragons in Heroes as a base.
4. That's actually LUA, so either it was done by GrayFace, or Rodril (I didn't check) - it's in the script file for zombies.
5. That could be, I imagine, a vanilla glitch. I'll add it to the bug tracker anyway.
Okies, good. I'll then check your Tracker and find the appropriate missing armors/files (I won't be doing Golden Chainmails and Plates though, these can be easily implemented in by Rodril because mainly Galahad and Zeus are using the same assets standard Golden Chainmail and Plate use) once I'm having undeads off my back.

A hoard in sprite form ... I think that's a bit too much for me though. ^^; Unless I'd do a pile of gold and then add MM6's Crystal sprites beside as well (aka ones that you can find in Snergle's Caverns and Castle Darkmoor). Hmmmmm ...

Oh, the purple Dragons from original Heroes? Yep, then sadly that ain't coming in yet for quite a while, as I'm still trash at drawing stuff from scratch and making it consistent. ^^; Got undead to take care of after all first.

I see.

Definitely a vanilla MM8 glitch if you ask me. Good times with it, as I still remember, though, especially how my brother used to replicate Books of Khel that way. :D :D :D
Yes?

Pixoala
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Pixoala » 06 Jun 2019, 19:29

Templayer I've tried your latest file, with the latest merge version; no glitch but they are no new races (no dragons, no lich, no zombie...). Can't upload the game, I got a bad internet.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 06 Jun 2019, 19:30

SpectralDragon wrote:
Templayer wrote:1. The LOD Archive is able to preview the file and if you then just use the export function, it won't ruin it.
Okies, good. I'll then check your Tracker and find the appropriate missing armors/files (I won't be doing Golden Chainmails and Plates though, these can be easily implemented in by Rodril because mainly Galahad and Zeus are using the same assets standard Golden Chainmail and Plate use) once I'm having undeads off my back.

A hoard in sprite form ... I think that's a bit too much for me though. ^^; Unless I'd do a pile of gold and then add MM6's Crystal sprites beside as well (aka ones that you can find in Snergle's Caverns and Castle Darkmoor). Hmmmmm ...

Oh, the purple Dragons from original Heroes? Yep, then sadly that ain't coming in yet for quite a while, as I'm still trash at drawing stuff from scratch and making it consistent. ^^; Got undead to take care of after all first.

I see.

Definitely a vanilla MM8 glitch if you ask me. Good times with it, as I still remember, though, especially how my brother used to replicate Books of Khel that way. :D :D :D
Actually GrayFace did some slight modifications so that the artifact / relic MM6 armours would not be exactly the same visually as their base counterparts.
There could be multiple piles. But that was what I thought off as well - money piles + crystals + gems put into several different compilation sprites which would then work as chests.
MegaDragons -
in Heroes: https://mightandmagic.fandom.com/wiki/Megadragon_(H4)
in Might and Magic VII: https://mightandmagic.fandom.com/wiki/Mega_dragon_(MM7)
It's quite sad that this monster has a non-unique look.
Last edited by Templayer on 06 Jun 2019, 19:36, edited 1 time in total.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 06 Jun 2019, 19:35

Pixoala wrote:Templayer I've tried your latest file, with the latest merge version; no glitch but they are no new races (no dragons, no lich, no zombie...). Can't upload the game, I got a bad internet.
Shoot, I uploaded the wrong file. My bad. That is what happens when you break your Merge and cannot test stuff. :D

Here's the right one. Unless I did screw up something else, that is.
https://www.ulozto.net/!JxbZOFnIe7Sq/ch ... ection-txt

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 06 Jun 2019, 19:38

Templayer wrote: Actually GrayFace did some slight modifications so that the artifact / relic MM6 armours would be exactly the same visually as their base counterparts.
There could be multiple piles. But that was what I thought off as well - money piles + crystals + gems put into several different compilation sprites which would then work as chests.
MegaDragons -
in Heroes: https://mightandmagic.fandom.com/wiki/Megadragon_(H4)
in Might and Magic VII: https://mightandmagic.fandom.com/wiki/Mega_dragon_(MM7)
It's quite sad that this monster has a non-unique look.
Thus I won't be doing base counterparts of MM6 Artifacts and Relics, as base ones can be easily made from them. Sorry. ^^;
Sounds about right and hey, if we can manage to make shrunken versions of Crystals, that much better, just put them together with the big ones and then add some random gold aside. That I can manage after I'll be done with the undeads. :D Aside potentially trying to mess with helmets and hats and cloaks and whatnots.
Oh, I thought standard Heroes (without a number/1) Dragon because Heroes IV takes place in Axeoth aka another world altogether, thus their Megadragon sprite would need quite a rework. My mistake.
Yes?

Pixoala
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Pixoala » 06 Jun 2019, 19:41

No problem. New races are availables !
Still got the bug with 2 characters:

Return to “Might and Magic”