Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Pixoala
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 31.05.2019]

Unread postby Pixoala » 05 Jun 2019, 20:31

I've tested the new unlocker version. dragon lich looks great ! :o

Got a few bugs with some characters:

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 05 Jun 2019, 20:38

Templayer wrote:EDIT: NOPE - the Zombie stats WILL get applied AFTER you get into the game, and you will also get Zombie status if you select a zombie as a race in the Character Creation. I wonder what kind of glitch will happen if you heal your character of the Zombie status, if the character always was a zombie. Nill? :D :D :D
I have a feeling that would either replicate the Permanent Zombie bug or just crash the game. Personally I´d wish for a Permanent Zombie bug when trying to heal a Zombie at the Temple, so that it becomes a feature of this race (just swap "Zombie" condition with "Good"!). :tongue: :tongue:
Last edited by SpectralDragon on 05 Jun 2019, 20:41, edited 1 time in total.
Yes?

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 05 Jun 2019, 20:38

I wonder how hard it would be to get custom random name generators for each race. I once did create an awesome PHP Tolkien Dwarven name generator.
The principle was simple - two sets of characters - qwrtpsdfghjklzxcvbnm and eyuioa

then take an existing name, for example Gimli.

If the first character is from the first set, remove it, replace it with another of the same set randomly.
This would produce Qimli, Wimli, Rimli, Timli, Zimli, Pimli, Simli, Fimli, Himli, Jimli, Kimli, Ximli, Cimli, Vimli, Bimli, Nimli or Mimli.

OR (randomly) if the second character is from the other set, remove first and second character and replace them with another one from the same set randomly.
this would produce Imli, Ymli, Umli, Emli, Omli and Amli

OR (randomly) do both (any possible combination).
That would produce one of following, randomly Qimli, Qymli, Qumli, Qemli, Qomli, Qamli, Wimli, Wymli ..... you know, a crapton of possibilities. :D :D :D
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

Dedicated MMMerge Forum (Bug Tracker included): shorturl.at/lryAF

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 05 Jun 2019, 20:40

Pixoala wrote:I've tested the new unlocker version. dragon lich looks great ! :o

(DAMN!)
LOL wow, no comment. That´s supposed to be a Dwarf Lich there and well, Goblin is supposed to have the "classic" Lich instead. :D :D :D
Yes?

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 05 Jun 2019, 20:42

Pixoala wrote:I've tested the new unlocker version. dragon lich looks great ! :o

That didn't happen for me. I do have quite an old version of the Merge though. Maybe there is a wrong indexing value somewhere?
Let me recheck my version, I will have to go to sleep soon.

Can somebody check in a non-localized version?

Here's the old V2 version of the Unlocker if it doesn't work in the new version of the Merge: http://www.templayer.cz/storage/MMMerge ... f)%20V2.7z

Could someone send me the newest original Character Creation.txt table file?

EDIT: Just tested mine. With unlocker V3 it looks like this on my end:

So there must be a change between my current version and Rodril's newest, which then causes a major screwup. Either that or it is the localization. :D
Last edited by Templayer on 05 Jun 2019, 20:46, edited 2 times in total.

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 05 Jun 2019, 20:51

Ok, writing all of this down just to keep track of all this for Rodril and Grayface for the incoming new version of MMMerge/patch:

-> Replace current Dracolich and Zombie Dragon paperdolls and portraits with Redone/Fixed Dracolich ones (for Dracolich) and Ghost Dragon ones (for Zombie Dragon). Links to such should be in Templayer´s Paint Tracker, if not, ask me again and I˙ll link them back again. ;) :)

-> Allow Liches (Dracoliches, Minotaur, Troll, Vampire and Zombie Liches) and Zombies (Minotaur and Troll Zombies, Ghost Dragon) to have their own voices (aka ones made by Templayer that are just too good!). Classic Lich and Zombie voice redoings are optional.

-> Fix Escaton´s Riddle bug and possibly even more bugs that clash with completing the continent(s), if there are none, then others.

-> Potentially recreate Character and Race Unlocker if it needs to be (for Templayer)

Apologies for boldness. ^^;
Last edited by SpectralDragon on 05 Jun 2019, 20:52, edited 1 time in total.
Yes?

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 05 Jun 2019, 20:53

Wait, I didn't add dracoliches. There is something amiss, and only me downloading the newest version will lead to eventually fixing it.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 05 Jun 2019, 20:56

SpectralDragon wrote: -> Potentially recreate Character and Race Unlocker if it needs to be (for Templayer)
They didn't do the Character and Race Unlocker. I mean... it is a table of sorts. So if it glitches up it is probably my fault. I need the latest version, some indexes might be different, or the rows / overall construction has been modified, I suspect.

Downloading it now, I will check it tomorrow. Do not use V3 of the unlocker on the newest version for now.

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 05 Jun 2019, 21:17

Templayer wrote: They didn't do the Character and Race Unlocker. I mean... it is a table of sorts. So if it glitches up it is probably my fault. I need the latest version, some indexes might be different, or the rows / overall construction has been modified, I suspect.

Downloading it now, I will check it tomorrow. Do not use V3 of the unlocker on the newest version for now.
Thus this one is for you. ;) Good Luck!
Last edited by SpectralDragon on 05 Jun 2019, 21:17, edited 1 time in total.
Yes?

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 05 Jun 2019, 21:27

Here's the recording of me applying Warp transform in 3 parts:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFzSBBv ... ZSpxcYCLfG
I assumed YouTube can join them like before, but Google messed up even that and now it lost this ability.
Last edited by GrayFace on 05 Jun 2019, 21:28, edited 1 time in total.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Rodril » 06 Jun 2019, 00:18

Pixoala wrote:If someone want to give a try to the escaton bug, here's the save file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ux54tu7o90z80 ... 8.rar?dl=1
Problem was in French localization, reapply it, or just replace one file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mmn1faeamjpqh ... T.lod?dl=0 (put it into "Data" folder), thank you.
SpectralDragon wrote:Ok, writing all of this down just to keep track of all this for Rodril and Grayface for the incoming new version of MMMerge/patch:
Thank you, with that amount of new posts it becomes too hard to track new assets.
SpectralDragon wrote:-> Is there any plan in adding Merge-specific enemies together with the lore?
I did not plan to do it. Not for original maps at least.
SpectralDragon wrote:-> Is there any possibility to get regular Lich (he, she) and Zombie portraits and paperdolls?
Here they are: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/69t20h80nqsm ... bmW0a?dl=0
Templayer wrote:I wonder what kind of glitch will happen if you heal your character of the Zombie status, if the character always was a zombie. Nill? :D :D :D
Thank godness, nothing special will happen, Zombie will be revived, "zombie" condition will be preserved.
Jamesx wrote:Looks good, I think. Contact me if something wrong ;)
It looks amazing, though i thought ghost dragons should have kind of glowing around them. Could you check if it is possible?

About secret dungeon. To be honest, i did not like secret dungeons of original games, because i did not have internet back then and was too lasy to check "Authors" section of the game, so all these monsters with names did not make sense for me at all, i could not fit them into lore of the game and it was disturbing...
Though, currently game have one unfinished feature, which could be filled with that secret dungeon, i.e. Telelocator. You might notice three pedestals on the top of The Breach, two of them have slotted Telelocators, third - not. If you'll put yours into third slot, time anomaly will change it's behaivor. I think it could teleport you into secret dungeon instead of current effect.

Pixoala
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Pixoala » 06 Jun 2019, 01:05

Thanks for the quick fix !

Daedros
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Daedros » 06 Jun 2019, 04:17

Templayer wrote: Yeah, that is one hilarious DnD creature.

Instead of being bound to their coffin, they are bound to their hoard.

They can be killed by driving a stake through their heart. You do need a VERY big stake, however.

They cannot enter a home uninvited. But to circumvent this rule, they just have to smash the home to the ground.

They are immune to garlic. Either that or there never was enough garlic available to kill one.
Probably the best example of a Vampiric Dragonkin, would be Capnolithyl, aka "Brimstone". He was a Vampiric Smoke Drake, the result of Sammaster's experiments with creating undead Dragons to rule the world, until Sammaster realized how to create Dracoliches, which were superior to Vampiric Dragons.
Capnolithyl was incredibly cunning, able to "circumvent" the inability to leave his hoard for long, by creating a collar that was magically linked to his hoard. When most of that collar was destroyed, he placed the remaining piece inside his own body. He was also able to decipher an ancient, lost Draconic game called "Xorvintaal", and use it as a ruse to get several of the most powerful Dragons killed.
https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Capnolithyl

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 06 Jun 2019, 06:05

Daedros wrote:Probably the best example of a Vampiric Dragonkin, would be Capnolithyl, aka "Brimstone". He was a Vampiric Smoke Drake, the result of Sammaster's experiments with creating undead Dragons to rule the world, until Sammaster realized how to create Dracoliches, which were superior to Vampiric Dragons.
Capnolithyl was incredibly cunning, able to "circumvent" the inability to leave his hoard for long, by creating a collar that was magically linked to his hoard. When most of that collar was destroyed, he placed the remaining piece inside his own body. He was also able to decipher an ancient, lost Draconic game called "Xorvintaal", and use it as a ruse to get several of the most powerful Dragons killed.
https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Capnolithyl
And that's exactly why I'll add WoG's Blood Dragons as characters into MMMerge as well in time, since he's literally the perfect excuse for it due to his name ("Brimstone" - does that remind you of some other certain dragon you can find in Shadowspire? ;) ;)) and his circumstances (Sammaster sounds A LOT like Zanthora the Mad Necromancer and that thing with his collar really reminds me of Nightshade Amulets that Jadamean Vampires have on themselves in order to walk in the sunlight unharmed, including our Vampire Hirelings and characters. If NWC wished to reference that so bad, then let's might as well go all the way through, ha ha ha ha ha!).
Yes?

Jamesx
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Jamesx » 06 Jun 2019, 06:14

Rodril wrote: It looks amazing, though i thought ghost dragons should have kind of glowing around them. Could you check if it is possible?
I'll try something, but with such a small size it could make the image too blury :|
Rodril wrote: I think it could teleport you into secret dungeon instead of current effect.
No, please just not instead :( It's so great, that we can start all over with same party :D
Maybe there are still some unused items in game? Or bring any new item and make it as a portal, like a bottle with castle in mm7? :S
Last edited by Jamesx on 06 Jun 2019, 06:21, edited 1 time in total.

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 06 Jun 2019, 06:20

Rodril wrote:Thank you, with that amount of new posts it becomes too hard to track new assets.
No problem at all. If you wish, I can re-link you all added links I counted in the bold text again. :tsup: :handshake:
Rodril wrote:I did not plan to do it. Not for original maps at least.
I see. I˙ll still link you redone Ghost Dragon monster sprite .zip that will also contain monster info according to myself (you can change them at any time), story/lore on why would they be able to appear in MMMerge and some "special events" where they´d appear (like for example what happens if you decide to ally with the Dragon Hunters and kill all Dragons for Avalon. Suddenly that decision won´t be so inconsequential anymore! :devil: :devious:).
Thank you! :tsup:
Rodril wrote:
Jamesx wrote:Looks good, I think. Contact me if something wrong ;)
It looks amazing, though i thought ghost dragons should have kind of glowing around them. Could you check if it is possible?
I actually tried the "glow" thing on source files, ended up looking like trash in smaller resolutions as well as not detailed enough to be called "portraits" and "paperdoll" respectfully anymore. Also wished to follow Heroes III Ghost Dragon closely as well, which hardly had any glow from the sprites I got. ^^;
Jamesx wrote:I'll try something, but with such a small size it could make the image too blury :|
Well, trying´s never a sin even if I think the same.
Yes?

Jamesx
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Jamesx » 06 Jun 2019, 06:26

SpectralDragon wrote: Well, trying´s never a sin even if I think the same.
:D Actually I tried it too, but with source image
I'll try to apply this effect in some different ways, if it is not make the portrait looks like a trash we can use it. I'll Post here my result anyway ;)

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 06 Jun 2019, 06:32

Jamesx wrote::D Actually I tried it too, but with source image
I'll try to apply this effect in some different ways, if it is not make the portrait looks like a trash we can use it. I'll Post here my result anyway ;)
Okays, just gotta know where the glow would be applied, as some conditions like trap dodging, Unconscious and Stoned don˙t have any glow at all while ones like Cursed, Diseased, one "disarm trap failed" and Paralyzed would have a reduced one ... in my opinion/thoughts, at least.
Yes?

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 06 Jun 2019, 09:32

:D :D Ghost Dragon monster sprites are complete! :D :D

Get the download here: https://sta.sh/0x0ufoyfk2m

The .zip file includes:
-> Monster sprites of Ghost Dragon
-> Lore behind Ghost Dragons in Might and Magic game setting(s)
-> Where would they be found in-game and potential special tweaks to them
-> Monster stats for all 3 tiers (Ghost, Wight, Spectral)
Note that all txt files are my ideas and thus you don´t need to necessarily agree with them at all!

SPECIAL THANKS GOES TO RODRIL AND JAMESX FOR PROVIDING ME WITH BONE DRAGON SPRITES AND CYRUS ANNIHILATOR FOR THE GIANT SPRITE SHEET WHERE GHOST DRAGON SPRITES WERE CREATED FIRST! :tsup:
Last edited by SpectralDragon on 06 Jun 2019, 09:34, edited 1 time in total.
Yes?

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 06 Jun 2019, 10:38

Templayer wrote: EDIT: NOPE - the Zombie stats WILL get applied AFTER you get into the game, and you will also get Zombie status if you select a zombie as a race in the Character Creation. I wonder what kind of glitch will happen if you heal your character of the Zombie status, if the character always was a zombie. Nill? :D :D :D
I suppose you'd still need a party death to get your character to become a permanent zombie with the adverse effects gone. That's kinda the whole problem here - you're meant to NOT want to be a zombie, and get rid of that condition ASAP. The stat penalties are bad enough, but not being able to rest and getting negative bonuses from healing spells are the real issue. I think you'd have to code in a whole new race if you'd like permanent zombies starting out in "Good" condition.

EDIT: Ok, nvm - I just read Rodril's post. You're going to have your Zombie condition preserved after getting healed at a temple. Super weird if you think about it, but I could see its appeal - it's kinda like "hard mode" for the game, trying to complete it with all the handicaps of being a zombie!

That said, not sure if Ghost Dragons should have all those handicaps, that'd kinda feel weird. Then again, no better idea from my end >_>
Last edited by Xfing on 06 Jun 2019, 10:48, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Might and Magic”