Ideas for next mods

Official forum of the Equilibris mod to Heroes of Might and Magic IV (Russian forum)
HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 07 May 2006, 04:08

Metathron wrote: … I forgot to check the equilibris campaign editor.
Heehee, I did that very same thing too. :-D
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 07 May 2006, 13:49

HodgePodge wrote:
Metathron wrote: … I forgot to check the equilibris campaign editor.
Heehee, I did that very same thing too. :-D
Heh! Assuming you've installed the Equilibris campaign editor later on, are there differences between it and the regular one in your case?

Mine are exactly the same size:

c_e_mod.exe 4.513.792
campaign_editor.exe 4.513.792
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

Lost
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Lost » 07 May 2006, 15:04

Equilibris files can be the same size as Heroes 4 original files, but contents differ :)

eekstah
Scout
Scout

Unread postby eekstah » 08 May 2006, 18:13

Here are some ideas regarding scouting radiuses.

1. Expand the "scouting radius" for lighthouses. This way they could be used as a sort of watch towers in addition to their main purpose.

I made a map where completing a quest would make you the owner of a bunch of lighthouses around the map. If you hadn't already discovered the area around the lighthouse when you became the owner, you could actually not see the top if it!

Lighthouses are actually quite tall, and it's "logical" that they would give more scouting radius. This brings me to the next one:

2. Watch towers. New adventure object, like garrisons without the gate and the ability to keep creatures inside. Slightly smaller and less scouting than Tower, Redwood Tree or Ice Spire.

3. When a hero is visiting a Tower, Redwood Tree or Ice Spire, not only is undiscovered parts of the map revielded, but the hero can also see enemy armies, as long as he stays in the tower.

To put it another way - The scouting radius from the Tower is "transfered" to the Hero as long as the Hero stays, and...

4. A Hero's scouting radius bonus, gained from scouting skill or different artifacts, also complies to the tower. So, a "scouting" hero will see more when visiting the tower, than a regular hero.

What do you think? These ideas are quite simple and should be easy to fullfill..?

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 09 May 2006, 13:36

The level of artifact in game (major, treasure etc.) and the tab in the editor are not connected. You can add artifacts to "heroes" tab, for example, if you want to.

It means, that artifacts are of some difinite level regardless of their position in tabs. If you want all artifacts to be placed correctly, download our 'equi.aop' file and replace your file in Data folder.

You can set some experiments, if you have doubts about artifact level. Place 200 "random minor" on test map and check what artifact it generates.

Sorry for this being not obvious, but we could not force install 'equi.aop', because it would harm those mapmakers, who have customised their map-editor a lot.

2 eekstah
Good ideas ;)
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." Brendan Gill

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 09 May 2006, 14:21

Metathron wrote: Heh! Assuming you've installed the Equilibris campaign editor later on, are there differences between it and the regular one in your case?

Mine are exactly the same size:

c_e_mod.exe 4.513.792
campaign_editor.exe 4.513.792
Mine are different. If you click on the "Addon" tab in the upper right corner, then look at the bottom and you will see the Equilibris - Adventure Objects & the Equilibris - Artifacts. :)

Be sure you are clicking on the shortcut for the correct editor because at first, after I installed the Equilibris Editor, I mistakenly launched the regular editor instead. :embarrased:
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Le_Faucheur
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Le_Faucheur » 09 May 2006, 17:15

is there a way to let some creatures use some artefacts?(not all of them,but chosen one)
where can I see the changelog for equi 3.6?

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 09 May 2006, 18:49

Le_Faucheur wrote:is there a way to let some creatures use some artefacts?(not all of them,but chosen one)
No. At least not now.
where can I see the changelog for equi 3.6?
Nowhere, it doesn't exist.
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." Brendan Gill

pacobac
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby pacobac » 15 May 2006, 22:15

some ideas for level 3 creatures: (valuable for multi player game)

The creatures you can little change for better equilibris:

Haven: monks could cost lesser: 500gold
The famous crusader very big now!!! could cost more : 700 gold on growth 5 by week

Necropolis: vampire need be better, cost 1000 gold and growth 4 by week

Barbarians: ogremagy are good now could cost more 500 or 550 gold
Cyclopes better growth 4 by week

Galactygon
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Galactygon » 15 May 2006, 23:14

I still maintain that monks should be able to cast beneficial spells in addition to their ranged attack. The ranged attack animation would suffice for the casting animation. Their spells should be: bind wounds, exorcism, bless, celestial armour, and holy word. Haven really needs a spellcaster (I don't consider angels to be one), and the monk is a perfect canidate.

I once made a suggestion about granting efreeti certain spells to complement their weakness, and them being the opposite of genies. Firebolt, speed, sparks, disrupting ray, and misfortune would suffice.

I also remember posting a suggestion regarding the restoration of the "no retaliation" ability for the devils, but it didn't reach the ears of the equi team either.

-Galactygon

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 16 May 2006, 12:19

You should make those creatures spellcasters:

Monks - healing spells
Angels - protection spells
Efreti - chaos magic
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

pacobac
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby pacobac » 17 May 2006, 12:22

Glalactygon, i'm agree to give some spell to monks as holly word, or healing......
but efreeti are enough strong, and devil are very strong because of teleport, on multi player game the devil are maybe the best level 4, 2 stacks killed on the same turn the tactical heroe, and game is over.....

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 17 May 2006, 12:46

pacobac wrote:Glalactygon, i'm agree to give some spell to monks as holly word, or healing......
but efreeti are enough strong, and devil are very strong because of teleport, on multi player game the devil are maybe the best level 4, 2 stacks killed on the same turn the tactical heroe, and game is over.....
I tought that Efreti are strong until I became more expirienced in HOMM. Now, they seem like weakest lv. 3 unit. I would rather take the nightmare who can terorize enemies strongest stack until I get rid of other units.

pacobac
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby pacobac » 17 May 2006, 20:41

:D i'm not experienced player, i'm h4 hard core gamer multi player, nightmare are too slow to be good on final battle, efrrety had 30 moove, 50 moove with GM pathding heroe (nigthmar only 40), losting 10 moove by turn is big lost, so effretys are realy strongest, efrretys fly and had big fire shield very interesting on final battle......com on my league i show you...... ;)

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 18 May 2006, 12:15

pacobac wrote::D i'm not experienced player, i'm h4 hard core gamer multi player, nightmare are too slow to be good on final battle, efrrety had 30 moove, 50 moove with GM pathding heroe (nigthmar only 40), losting 10 moove by turn is big lost, so effretys are realy strongest, efrretys fly and had big fire shield very interesting on final battle......com on my league i show you...... ;)
Efreti are good against small armies as the stronger army turns theme intio ash very quickly. And fire shiel should be a bit stronger.

Nightmares are nothing special against weak armies, but by playing tacticaly, you can turn enemy army thats twice stronger then yours into ashes when you use terror on their strongest stack (and terror lasts 3 turns which is enough to destroy the stack with archers or bring your meelee units to theme).

It mostly depends on situation.

pacobac
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby pacobac » 18 May 2006, 15:02

i see you are solo player, IA is very weack and stupid, playing nightmare can be good against the poor IA, try Human player you will see the big change ?!!!!
Last edited by pacobac on 19 May 2006, 21:11, edited 1 time in total.

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 18 May 2006, 17:34

pacobac wrote:i see you are solo player, IA is very, very, very weack and stupid, playing nightmare can be good against the poor IA, try Human player you will see the big change ?!!!!
Once I give the AI 100 black dragons, 50 angels and at least 10 megadragons and a lv 40 hero while I have nothing, then the AI isn't so poor any longer.

BTW, what a hell is IA suposed to mean? :P

Crusard
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Crusard » 19 May 2006, 14:24

Probably IA means AI in french (In spanish it is "Inteligencia Artificial", for example :D)

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 19 May 2006, 14:27

Crusard wrote:Probably IA means AI in french (In spanish it is "Inteligencia Artificial", for example :D)
Yes, in french it is IA = Intelligence Artificielle.

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 19 May 2006, 17:18

Crusard wrote:Probably IA means AI in french (In spanish it is "Inteligencia Artificial", for example :D)
I tought we are speaking on english. Does that mean that I can call Artifical Intelligence UI (Umjetna inteligencija)??? Pa zasto to niste prije rekli?!
Last edited by Anonymous on 19 May 2006, 21:52, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Equilibris”