Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Crusader_bin
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 31.05.2019]

Unread postby Crusader_bin » 02 Jun 2019, 09:30

Woah, nice job so far, you guys really do work fast :P
But I wanted to ask, if technically it is possible to increase the view range in the mod? If there was a slider or something like that ingame I probably would try editing it out in CheatEngine, but I didn't find anything like that.
Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the gun!

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 02 Jun 2019, 10:08

Crusader_bin wrote:Woah, nice job so far, you guys really do work fast :P
But I wanted to ask, if technically it is possible to increase the view range in the mod? If there was a slider or something like that ingame I probably would try editing it out in CheatEngine, but I didn't find anything like that.
Hehe, thanks. ;) I hope you get the help you need. :)
Yes?

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 02 Jun 2019, 10:11

Good news, everyone! Dracolich has been REDONE!

Sure, it´s mainly source files from Jamesx and thus someone else will need to port them fully into the game, but that aside, they´re still done! :D

https://sta.sh/01v3piwl9asl <. DOWNLOAD OF SOURCE FILES
REMEMBER, CREDIT GOES TO JAMESX FOR MAKING THE SOURCE IMAGES AND TEMPLAYER FOR PROPERLY SHOWING HOW TO MIGHT AND MAGICIZE THEM! As well as people that helped me in this creation. You guys ROCK! :tsup:

Now, who or what should come next ...
:thinking:

PS: Nope, that´s not its default face. :,DD Its default face is in the zip, marked "001".
Last edited by SpectralDragon on 02 Jun 2019, 10:16, edited 2 times in total.
Yes?

justl
Demon
Demon

Unread postby justl » 02 Jun 2019, 10:15

mm7, clankers laboratory:
you can find "clankers amulet" there, which gives you +15 to alchemy atm (also in original mm7).
there seem to be different versions of it online throughout the web, probably to some patches (grayface?), which made the amulet +30 to alchemy.
to be honest, a normal amulet with +20-25 you can already get from looting a dragon - so could it be considered that maybe in the merge it could be made +30 or more?
thx
justl
V2: Compendium of mm6-8 Secrets + Details about the base merge and DaveHer's redone merge (its in english!)
https://www.mightandmagicworld.de/fileb ... index.html

Maslyonok
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Maslyonok » 02 Jun 2019, 10:16

SpectralDragon wrote:Good news, everyone! Dracolich has been REDONE!

Sure, it´s mainly source files from Jamesx and thus someone else will need to port them fully into the game, but that aside, they´re still done! :D

REMEMBER, CREDIT GOES TO JAMESX FOR MAKING THE SOURCE IMAGES AND TEMPLAYER FOR PROPERLY SHOWING HOW TO MIGHT AND MAGICIZE THEM! As well as people that helped me in this creation. You guys ROCK! :tsup:

It seems to me that it is better to turn the dragon’s head at the portrait a little to the left =р
Like here: https://cdna.artstation.com/p/assets/im ... 1526583539

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 02 Jun 2019, 10:18

Maslyonok wrote: It seems to me that it is better to turn the dragon’s head at the portrait a little to the left =р
Like here: https://cdna.artstation.com/p/assets/im ... 1526583539
As it is when it comes to its default face. X,D What you see up there is one of its "No!" faces.
Yes?

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 02 Jun 2019, 11:54

Spectral dragon looks awesome!
Last edited by GrayFace on 02 Jun 2019, 12:10, edited 2 times in total.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 02 Jun 2019, 12:08

Crusader_bin wrote:Woah, nice job so far, you guys really do work fast :P
That would be a cool feature for GrayFace to implement, if it isn't implemented yet. Just as an integer in the ini file. ViewDistance. I would love that!
GrayFace wrote:bump
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

Dedicated MMMerge Forum (Bug Tracker included): shorturl.at/lryAF

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 02 Jun 2019, 12:11

Crusader_bin wrote:But I wanted to ask, if technically it is possible to increase the view range in the mod? If there was a slider or something like that ingame I probably would try editing it out in CheatEngine, but I didn't find anything like that.
Editor Outdoor Infinite View.lua actually does that when editing the map. It was slowing things down on my old computer, so I only did it in the editor. You can add a line on = true between lines 64 and 65 and change line 93 into Editor.UpdateVisibility(true) to enable it always. I should add it to MMExt normally in the future.
Last edited by GrayFace on 02 Jun 2019, 12:17, edited 2 times in total.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 02 Jun 2019, 12:32

GrayFace wrote:Spectral dragon looks awesome!
Thank you! I only hope those source files won't give many problems to anyone that's gonna downscale them and turn them into the actual in-game thing. Intentionally left it all like it, so that I don't muck stuff up later down the line and have others take a shot of it as well. :D
Yes?

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 02 Jun 2019, 12:38

SpectralDragon wrote:CREDIT GOES TO JAMESX FOR MAKING THE SOURCE IMAGES AND TEMPLAYER FOR PROPERLY SHOWING HOW TO MIGHT AND MAGICIZE THEM! As well as people that helped me in this creation. You guys ROCK! :tsup:

I got credit! YAAAAAY! xD
*saves magicize to Firefox dictionary* :D :D :D

Well, Ghost Dragon.

Then... in no particular order:
Characters:
Other Lich variants (Minotaur, Troll, Zombie (just add glowing eyes to create a Zombie Lich :D :D :D));
MM7 Lich Body repaint (promoting in Antagarich would result in MM7 Lich body, and in Jadame in MM8 Lich body);
Zombie variants (Ghost Dragon, Troll zombie, Dwarf zombie, Minotaur Zombie)
Vampire variants (Dragon, Minotaur, Troll, All the Humans, Elves, Dark Elves, Dwarfs, Goblins) - pale the skin, add fangs, add glowing eyes. Certainly not as hard as the Dracolich! :D
Pure Skeleton variants (no meat! from all the Lich versions, no glowy eyes, also a "noise" set instead of a voice set)
Dragon variants (Enrothian Black Dragon (Warlock Familiar quest), Faerie Dragon, Azure Dragon, Golden Dragon, Rust Dragon (so that we have greater diversity and all the colours, instead of just green and red. :S ))

Other:
There is a MegaDragon in the merge, but uses only a standard dragon sprite. Custom monster sprite would be very nice!
Spellbook images for MM8 spellbook for spells that were only in MM6 and MM7 (probably should be made to fit into empty spots in given typed spellbook pages):
MM6: Fire - Flame Arrow, Fire Ring, Fire Blast; Air - Static Charge; Water - Cold Beam; Earth - Magic Arrow, Turn To Stone; Body - First Aid; Mind - Meditation, Precision, Feeblemind; Spirit - Spirit Arrow, Healing Touch, Lucky Day, Guardian Angel; Light - Golden Touch, Create Food; Dark - Mass Curse, Moon Ray, Finger of Death, Dark Containment
MM7: Dark - Sacrifice

GrayFace and Rodril still need to find a way to implement those spells into the MM8 engine (if they ever do, somebody kinda convinced them all of those were superfluous, which is just wrong, but whatever. In my opinion, about half of those are actually useful. OCD? Golden Touch. Sclerosis? Create Food. :D Not to even mention the enemies that used Finger of Death now being pushovers, including the secret super-boos Q. These are spells that didn't switch schools and aren't deprecated by other spells (like Power and other raw attribute raising spells from MM6 being deprecated by Day of Gods in MM7 and MM8)). And I am sure you would love making their sprites, SpectralDragon, since they are a bit cartoony and stylish, just the way you like it. Or perhaps GrayFace could implement multiple pages for magical schools, so that the spells could be added to the new page, not unlike Heroes does it. And perhaps add potential of scripting new spells. I can totally see someone going and recreating some Heroes 1-4 spells inside the Merge - and if it is awesome and bugless enough...

Anyway, then there are the armour repaints.

Pretty much every single thing I have listed here is listed on the Paint Tracker. One of the base principles of the Paint Tracker is to see progress and what could be done next. :oex: :hug: :devious: :D :-D
justl wrote:mm7, clankers laboratory:
you can find "clankers amulet" there, which gives you +15 to alchemy atm (also in original mm7).
there seem to be different versions of it online throughout the web, probably to some patches (grayface?), which made the amulet +30 to alchemy.
to be honest, a normal amulet with +20-25 you can already get from looting a dragon - so could it be considered that maybe in the merge it could be made +30 or more?
thx
justl
I will add that to the Suggestion Tracker.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 02 Jun 2019, 12:41

SpectralDragon wrote:
GrayFace wrote:Spectral dragon looks awesome!
Thank you! I only hope those source files won't give many problems to anyone that's gonna downscale them and turn them into the actual in-game thing. Intentionally left it all like it, so that I don't muck stuff up later down the line and have others take a shot of it as well. :D
Yes, it is quite important to have the source files, backups, intermediary files and such.
That way if something fu**s up, it can be fixed.

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 02 Jun 2019, 12:58

Templayer wrote:
Well, Ghost Dragon.

MM6: Fire - Flame Arrow, Fire Ring, Fire Blast; Air - Static Charge; Water - Cold Beam; Earth - Magic Arrow, Turn To Stone; Body - First Aid; Mind - Meditation, Precision, Feeblemind; Spirit - Spirit Arrow, Healing Touch, Lucky Day, Guardian Angel; Light - Golden Touch, Create Food; Dark - Mass Curse, Moon Ray, Finger of Death, Dark Containment
MM7: Dark - Sacrifice
I am sure you would love making their sprites, SpectralDragon, since they are a bit cartoony and stylish, just the way you like it. Or perhaps GrayFace could implement multiple pages for magical schools, so that the spells could be added to the new page, not unlike Heroes does it. And perhaps add potential of scripting new spells. I can totally see someone going and recreating some Heroes 1-4 spells inside the Merge - and if it is awesome and bugless enough...
But of course, for now, since I have a suspicion that only its paperdoll will take a long time. :tongue: :D

Just as long as they're not too cartoony ... and why the hell am I imagining that MM9 spell sprites would be used nicely as well? One of such examples is Death's Touch in MM9, its sprite (which is Death pointing directly at you) could be easily used for Finger of Death. :D As for Sacrifice, I'd totally use MM7 sprite there because it's just too good. :tsup:
Also what MM9 did as well, only that in that game, there wasn't much organization due to it being as it is nowadays, but hey, I'd love that too. ;) Why do we generally see spellcasters with one heck of a doorstopper that is their spellbook? :D :D
Templayer wrote: Yes, it is quite important to have the source files, backups, intermediary files and such.
That way if something fu**s up, it can be fixed.
Truer words had never been spoken there. :tsup:
Last edited by SpectralDragon on 02 Jun 2019, 13:01, edited 2 times in total.
Yes?

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 02 Jun 2019, 13:09

Templayer wrote:Sclerosis? Create Food. :D
Like that time when I was stuck in Sweet Water without food :D
Templayer wrote:Not to even mention the enemies that used Finger of Death now being pushovers, including the secret super-boos Q.
I haven't tried, but wonder why that is. There's still a death "Bonus" that Ancient Wyverns use, it should be attack bonus of Q and others. Though, it appears much more powerful than Finger of Death.

The reason why spells aren't changed is that it is pretty complicated. Places to change, new effects to add. NWC programmed them in the good old spaghetti code style :)
Last edited by GrayFace on 02 Jun 2019, 13:11, edited 1 time in total.

Crusader_bin
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Crusader_bin » 02 Jun 2019, 13:20

GrayFace wrote:
Crusader_bin wrote:But I wanted to ask, if technically it is possible to increase the view range in the mod? If there was a slider or something like that ingame I probably would try editing it out in CheatEngine, but I didn't find anything like that.
Editor Outdoor Infinite View.lua actually does that when editing the map. It was slowing things down on my old computer, so I only did it in the editor. You can add a line on = true between lines 64 and 65 and change line 93 into Editor.UpdateVisibility(true) to enable it always. I should add it to MMExt normally in the future.
Awesome!

The difference is HUGE and should be the default, thanks a lot :D

I made comparison photos:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/b16cdvJgZxyx6sH49

And a ready file edited for lazy people:
https://1drv.ms/f/s!ApRnFqsQnp62rjZiIHKnn625OzF0
Just put inside main game folder.

This forum is awesome :D
Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the gun!

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 02 Jun 2019, 14:33

More like "after and before".

I'm experimenting with always visible NPCs ;)

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 02 Jun 2019, 15:08

GrayFace wrote:The reason why spells aren't changed is that it is pretty complicated. Places to change, new effects to add. NWC programmed them in the good old spaghetti code style :)
Like everything in those games from late 90s and early 2000s? :D :D
Yes?

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 02 Jun 2019, 15:31

Well I'm not sure how to feel about all those crazy innovations with character customization, since some of them seem to break the lore. There were never any spellcasting dragons in Enroth-based games, except for Faeries from Homm3, and zombie and skeletal characters by default would clash heavily with attributes such as intelligence or personality (zombification is supposed to minimize all your stats in addition to some other adverse effects). So as long as this is either lore-friendly or optional I guess we're good, but having a vanilla-friendly base version would also be nice to have. Stuff like a short Lich paperdoll for dwarf-based liches is definitely something overdue, but I'm not sure how you're going to go about making vampiric equivalents of regular non-vampire humanoids. Sounds like tons of work? : c
Last edited by Xfing on 02 Jun 2019, 15:39, edited 1 time in total.

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 02 Jun 2019, 15:44

Xfing wrote:Well I'm not sure how to feel about all those crazy innovations with character customization, since some of them seem to break the lore. There were never any spellcasting dragons in Enroth-based games, except for Faeries from Homm3, and zombie and skeletal characters by default would clash heavily with attributes such as intelligence or personality (zombification is supposed to minimize all your stats in addition to some other adverse effects). So as long as this is either lore-friendly or optional I guess we're good, but having a vanilla-friendly base version would also be nice to have.
Base version is lore-friendly, no worries (even though more things are lore-friendly than what you can imagine if you add Heroes II and III lore in as well and Jadame can be considered a huge blind spot in it, as it doesn´t have its appropriate Heroes game and it´s very different from both Enroth (continent) and Antagarich as well with Dark Elves and Dark Dwarves), what we have here are optional ones that can only be accessed if you download Templayer´s Character and Race Unlocker.
Also, why do you think I suggested a Ghost Dragon to be the "Zombie" condition for a regular Dragon? All because there are no Zombie Dragons in any version of the game, but there are Ghost Dragons in Heroes III ... and even more, if a Dragon is sent to Skeleton Transformer (which appears in MM VIII, surprise surprise), then it either becomes a Bone Dragon or a Ghost Dragon. Same if Reanimation is cast on it, thus yeah. ;) :D Speaking of spellcasting Dragons that aren't Faerie, well, I have only 2 words on that: Mutare. Drake.

Dracolich is based on 2 stuff, Bone Dragons that are present in Heroes II, Heroes III and MM VIII and the "Undead Dragon" moniker/enemy you get to fight in MM VIII, since well, what is a blackfire-breathing Undead Dragon? ;)
Last edited by SpectralDragon on 02 Jun 2019, 16:40, edited 2 times in total.
Yes?

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 02 Jun 2019, 15:51

How does one correctly resize portraits in order to avoid rogue azure pixels?

As well as make it look like it˙s from the game? :wall: Thatś why I´ve left the source images here, I am trash in this. :jester:
Last edited by SpectralDragon on 02 Jun 2019, 15:52, edited 1 time in total.
Yes?

Return to “Might and Magic”