Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Templayer
Devil
Devil

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 31.05.2019]

Unread postby Templayer » 01 Jun 2019, 12:57

SWEET MOTHER OF GOD! LOOK AT SPECTRALDRAGON'S WIP PROGRESS!

MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

Dedicated MMMerge Forum (Bug Tracker included): shorturl.at/lryAF

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 01 Jun 2019, 13:07

Templayer wrote: Also guys - after you are done with paperdolls (I WANT AN ENROTHIAN BLACK DRAGON PAPERDOLL FOR THE WARLOCK QUEST DRAGON FAMILIAR IN ANTAGARICH, GODDAMNIT :D :D :D )
you could try repainting armours? Currently only like 3/8 of armours are available for them not sitting on MM8 paperdolls.
And also after that is done, you could try creating new equipment? If the style sits, then it shouldn't be a problem for Xfing to get proper values for it and classify it into tiers, etc.
And if Rodril is against that because it wasn't in the game before - hey, we can make it an Optional Modification!

Possibilities are endless at this point. :)
Except for new code things, since there are way too many little bugs right now.

Also don't forget to send me pictures of each new paperdoll + base portrait variant so that I can present that on the Tracker. That means Lich variants, zombie ones,...

PPS for Spectral: I have been long since been saying that there should be Vampire variants as well. Those should be the easiest to do, since it would mean adding fangs, making the skin more pale and adding glowy eyes. Minotaur Vampires, Dragon Vampires, Dark Elf & Elf Vampires, Goblin Vampires. Troll Vampires, Dwarf Vampires.... I mean heck, if someone does it via the Unlocker, who are we to deny the possibility? :D :D :D

PPPS: The way those Vampire variants could work (rather easily) would be for them to be disabled by default (and as such only available by the unlocker), and when manually selected the race would be vampire (with any class) and if a specific race was selected with the Vampire class, the graphic would switch to that variant by default (so selecting Vampire as a class and then selecting the graphic, for example Minotaur, would produce Minotaur Vampire instead of "Vampire Vampire").

You know what that would mean? We could have a full party of various UNDEAD. EVIL POWER MAXIMUM!!! :D :D :D
(why not have like Human Skeleton Knight (i.e. death knight :P (I know it is wrong but choosing the Lich race with the Knight class is just too awesome, I finished the game like that once, it's on youtube :D )), Minotaur Lich, Ghost Dragon (class probably Dragon), Dwarf Vampire Priest and zombie paladin (i.e. blackguard in this case)? Or any other combination, the possibilities would be quite many in this case.)
THE SCOURGE OF ENROTH MOD. :D
All at their time, let´s get bloody Dracolich, Ghost Dragon, Minotaur Lich and Dwarf Zombie (<- for Jamesx) out of the way first. After that, I˙ll try tackle the Erathian Black Dragon (already got images and sprites - Heroes III sprites, that is) and then, well ... Vampires! ;) :D :D :tongue: As long as I can properly repaint them, that is, since I work with big formats and them paperdolls for official characters are tiny as well as with a bloody background. :wall:
Unless I can already get the brown Minotaur Vampire out of the way because I have said paperdoll bitmaps thanks to both Jamesx and Rodril. :,DD
Last edited by SpectralDragon on 01 Jun 2019, 13:09, edited 2 times in total.
Yes?

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 01 Jun 2019, 13:48

SpectralDragon wrote: All at their time, let´s get bloody Dracolich, Ghost Dragon, Minotaur Lich and Dwarf Zombie (<- for Jamesx) out of the way first. After that, I˙ll try tackle the Erathian Black Dragon (already got images and sprites - Heroes III sprites, that is) and then, well ... Vampires! ;) :D :D :tongue: As long as I can properly repaint them, that is, since I work with big formats and them paperdolls for official characters are tiny as well as with a bloody background. :wall:
Unless I can already get the brown Minotaur Vampire out of the way because I have said paperdoll bitmaps thanks to both Jamesx and Rodril. :,DD
... did I just put Vampires into the queue? MWAHAHAHAHAH. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :jester: :rumor: :butterfly:

foreverthesceptic
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby foreverthesceptic » 01 Jun 2019, 13:57

Hi all, I just finished playing might and magic 6 proper and accidentally discovered this mod. Bloody hell, wow!! It is really impressive what has been done with this mod. I decided to give it a quick go yesterday and the first thing that stands out is the graphics or at least the texture quality. I'm super impressed!!! well done all who have been involved with this project.

I have something to report, I watched a playthrough on youtube and based on the video hirelings are no longer available because the mod is using the mm8 engine. During my playthrough yesterday it seems this feature is now enabled - brilliant! During my playthrough I may have found a bug. I decided to quickly visit dragonsand via the Buccaneer's Lair and flew over to pick up the hireling that does town portal once per day. However, she is unable to cast it properly. I tried doing it about 20 times and out of the 20 times it only worked 2 times - it looked like she was unable to load the town portal page, it would just flicker and nothing would happen and when I'd try again, she would give the usual message of only being able to cast it once per day. Of course, I'd rest a day before trying again to cast it because she can only cast the spell once per day. Is this a known issue? if not, it might be worth looking into.

Furthermore, how is it possible to travel between the different worlds? Also, how much of the game is enabled? how is the light and dark paths of mm7 dealt with? Can you use the same party you created from part 6 in part 7 and 8? Is there any documentation that would explain a lot of this?

Thank you. Keep up the great work!

I'm also able to provide any 2D/3D graphic assistance if needed.

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 01 Jun 2019, 14:21

foreverthesceptic wrote: I'm also able to provide any 2D/3D graphic assistance if needed.
There are artists and graphic designers needed for making armor from MM6 and MM7 be able to be with by MM8 paperdolls from what I've heard. :) Just gotta be attentive that they need said armors for Humans, Goblins, Trolls, Dwarves, Vampires, Minotaurs and Elves due to how different their paperdolls are from each other.
Yes?

schubi
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.05.2019]

Unread postby schubi » 01 Jun 2019, 14:30

Rodril wrote: Send me your savegame file please. Try this command again after today's update.
I gave it a try, and it shows another bug now:
https://i.imgur.com/7HfDwuG.png
With the console command, you can finish the quest now without it coming up all the time, but the following quests and their houses are still empty.
Without the command, I'm getting a pretty long error log.
I've put the save file from the end of the breeding zone, plus the log of the error into the following file for you:
https://mega.nz/#!5RBixKKJ!LOgczZHKJii8 ... YVjNvd6VW0

Hope it helps to figure out what causes it.

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 01 Jun 2019, 14:31

Templayer wrote: ... did I just put Vampires into the queue? MWAHAHAHAHAH. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :jester: :rumor: :butterfly:
Better late than never, especially after all Dragon shtick is done. You better hope that Jamesx would do his part as well, since he'll have Dwarf Zombie paperdolls (as well as regular Dwarf ones, I can imagine) and well, now imagine Dwarf Zombie Vampires. :D :D :D
Last edited by SpectralDragon on 01 Jun 2019, 14:33, edited 1 time in total.
Yes?

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 01 Jun 2019, 15:27

Rodril wrote:
GrayFace wrote:
Guys? Where can I find character voice sets? Dragon voices, Minotaur voices....

Since SpectralDragon / GDSpectra made those cool Lich Dragons / Dracoliches.... they should get Lich voices to match.
And I got myself MorphVox Pro, so I can experiment and if I am happy with a result, I can just mass batch convert files. :)

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 01 Jun 2019, 15:38

schubi wrote:
Rodril wrote: Send me your savegame file please. Try this command again after today's update.
I gave it a try, and it shows another bug now:
https://i.imgur.com/7HfDwuG.png
With the console command, you can finish the quest now without it coming up all the time, but the following quests and their houses are still empty.
Without the command, I'm getting a pretty long error log.
I've put the save file from the end of the breeding zone, plus the log of the error into the following file for you:
https://mega.nz/#!5RBixKKJ!LOgczZHKJii8 ... YVjNvd6VW0

Hope it helps to figure out what causes it.
Added to the original report on the Bug Tracker.
foreverthesceptic wrote:Hi all, I just finished playing might and magic 6 proper and accidentally discovered this mod. Bloody hell, wow!! It is really impressive what has been done with this mod. I decided to give it a quick go yesterday and the first thing that stands out is the graphics or at least the texture quality. I'm super impressed!!! well done all who have been involved with this project.

I have something to report, I watched a playthrough on youtube and based on the video hirelings are no longer available because the mod is using the mm8 engine. During my playthrough yesterday it seems this feature is now enabled - brilliant! During my playthrough I may have found a bug. I decided to quickly visit dragonsand via the Buccaneer's Lair and flew over to pick up the hireling that does town portal once per day. However, she is unable to cast it properly. I tried doing it about 20 times and out of the 20 times it only worked 2 times - it looked like she was unable to load the town portal page, it would just flicker and nothing would happen and when I'd try again, she would give the usual message of only being able to cast it once per day. Of course, I'd rest a day before trying again to cast it because she can only cast the spell once per day. Is this a known issue? if not, it might be worth looking into.

Furthermore, how is it possible to travel between the different worlds? Also, how much of the game is enabled? how is the light and dark paths of mm7 dealt with? Can you use the same party you created from part 6 in part 7 and 8? Is there any documentation that would explain a lot of this?

Thank you. Keep up the great work!

I'm also able to provide any 2D/3D graphic assistance if needed.
Check my signature for the Tracker for the Merge. There is A LOT of information there.
How much of the games is enabled? All of it, the current exceptions are the spells that were in MM6 and MM7 but are not in MM8, and thieving. I think. Also the mod is pretty much finished, only an army of small bugs remain. You can finish all three games, and there is further content as well. Check the tracker.
To travel to otherworlds - check the tracker. There are secret places, and if you do something specific in those secret places, you can find secret pathways between the continents. (there is giant SPOILER on the tracker for this)
The bug you have encountered has not been added to the Bug Tracker, because it is already there:
Reported by: Chokk » May 30 2019, 10:41
- Gatekeeper NPC doesn't work, the spell is not cast when asked.
The Light and Dark paths from MM7 are fully implemented. ^_^
Yes, you can use the same party to finish all three games. You can both create up to 5 characters, or hire them. There are randomized hirelings in the world. Monsters are bolstered so that if you for example finish a continent and go to another continent, the monsters are scaled (otherwise 85%+ of the new continent would be a pushover).
Further info on that is on the tracker.

THE TRACKER IS IN MY SIGNATURE. :D :D :D
:down:
Last edited by Templayer on 01 Jun 2019, 15:39, edited 1 time in total.

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 01 Jun 2019, 17:29

@Templayer
After all the trouble I gave you, It turns out that the new update for the editor will work in full screen mod. Isn't it funny?

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Rodril » 01 Jun 2019, 19:36

schubi wrote:Hope it helps to figure out what causes it.
Thank you for savegame. Put this file into "Scripts\Global" folder, replacing existing: https://www.dropbox.com/s/80jndjwnxrsnr ... s.lua?dl=0
Before entering Archibald's throne room, execute command: evt.SetNPCTopic{427,0,918} .
Check if MM3 heroes are in their houses, tell me if it works.
Templayer wrote:Guys? Where can I find character voice sets? Dragon voices, Minotaur voices....
Sound files itself are in "Data\EnglishD.lod", indexes for sounds are assigned in "Data\Tables\Sounds.txt", voice sets are configured in "Data\Tables\Character Voices.txt", indexes of voice sets are used in "Character portraits.txt" in "Def voice" column.
foreverthesceptic wrote:Furthermore, how is it possible to travel between the different worlds? Also, how much of the game is enabled? how is the light and dark paths of mm7 dealt with? Can you use the same party you created from part 6 in part 7 and 8? Is there any documentation that would explain a lot of this?
- At certain point ingame character will explain how to travel between continents;
- You still have to make choices, but they won't affect gameplay of MM6 and MM8, also alignment restrictions for items have been removed.
- Yes, and it is common way;
- Unfortunately not.
Issue with gatemaster was reported several times, but i could not figure out what happening yet, I'll look again, thank you.
If it is same version, that have been posted in MMExtension thread some time ago, i'm afraid it has strange bug with doors processing: after recompiling Stone City map with it, second elevator stopped working: only few facets of orginal door have moved, instead of all of them. Unfortunately, I can not provide any examples at the moment.

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 01 Jun 2019, 19:56

Rodril wrote: Sound files itself are in "Data\EnglishD.lod", indexes for sounds are assigned in "Data\Tables\Sounds.txt", voice sets are configured in "Data\Tables\Character Voices.txt", indexes of voice sets are used in "Character portraits.txt" in "Def voice" column.
Very nice, so then technically a code buff could potentially add new voices into these files? If yes, bloody EXCELLENT! :D :D
Yes?

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 01 Jun 2019, 20:08

DaveHer wrote:@Templayer
After all the trouble I gave you, It turns out that the new update for the editor will work in full screen mod. Isn't it funny?
:S
Rodril wrote:
Templayer wrote:Guys? Where can I find character voice sets? Dragon voices, Minotaur voices....
Sound files itself are in "Data\EnglishD.lod", indexes for sounds are assigned in "Data\Tables\Sounds.txt", voice sets are configured in "Data\Tables\Character Voices.txt", indexes of voice sets are used in "Character portraits.txt" in "Def voice" column.
Rodril wrote:
foreverthesceptic wrote: Is there any documentation that would explain a lot of this?
- Unfortunately not.
I have already replied to his question before you and you either forgot about the Tracker, or didn't check it after I reworked it a few weeks ago. At the start there is a section on the tracker that informs the user about the features of the Merge, etc.
Last edited by Templayer on 01 Jun 2019, 20:10, edited 2 times in total.

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 01 Jun 2019, 20:14

Templayer wrote:
Rodril wrote:
Have fun, Templayer! I'm already past number 30 on Dracolich portrait count, so yes, if I do work on it for an entire day tomorrow, then there is a chance that the zip of it all will come just as well. :devious:
Yes?

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 01 Jun 2019, 21:15

Crusader_bin wrote:Wow, you guys sure work fast :D BTW, is it safe for the saves to update the game using 31.05 data, or is it new game each time an update hits?
Generally it's only unsafe if some map has been structurally changed. That is, geometry or number of stuff on it. If none of the files with "games.lod' in their name changed, you can be sure you're safe.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 01 Jun 2019, 23:13

Proceeding nicely with those new assets!

Are there any plans to do the equipment that's still missing?

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 01 Jun 2019, 23:41

Rodril wrote: If it is same version, that have been posted in MMExtension thread some time ago, i'm afraid it has strange bug with doors processing: after recompiling Stone City map with it, second elevator stopped working: only few facets of orginal door have moved, instead of all of them. Unfortunately, I can not provide any examples at the moment.
Yes it is, pretty much. Would need to check the bug.
[edit] Recompiling it in MM7 works fine.
Last edited by GrayFace on 01 Jun 2019, 23:51, edited 1 time in total.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 02 Jun 2019, 05:07

Xfing wrote:Proceeding nicely with those new assets!

Are there any plans to do the equipment that's still missing?
From what I know, no, thus for now you're on your own if you plan on starting there. Myself I'm doing new character paperdolls and portraits, thus having quite a bit of work already. ^^;
You can see which equipment is missing in Templayer's MMMerge Tracker that is located in his signature and what do you need to do in order to have those assets be in. ;) Good luck! :tsup:
Yes?

schubi
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby schubi » 02 Jun 2019, 06:35

Rodril wrote:Thank you for savegame. Put this file into "Scripts\Global" folder, replacing existing: https://www.dropbox.com/s/80jndjwnxrsnr ... s.lua?dl=0
Before entering Archibald's throne room, execute command: evt.SetNPCTopic{427,0,918} .
Check if MM3 heroes are in their houses, tell me if it works.
Seems to work now. The houses aren't empty, and I got the next quests there. Thanks for your work, and I hope I don't have to report more in the next time. :D

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 02 Jun 2019, 08:57

Some more of SpectralDragon's WIP, this time on portraits:

Return to “Might and Magic”