Birth of a Barbarian → The Meeting

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Birth of a Barbarian → The Meeting

Unread postby Angelspit » 02 Jan 2005, 13:04

Get Yog to Ulgak, the capital of Krewlod, to offer his services to Duke Winston Boragus and win the scenario. However, if Yog is defeated in combat, the scenario is lost. Yog is limited to level 15 but will carry his experience and skills on to the next scenario. Starting Bonus: Citadel or 10 Crystal or Ogre Fort.

Maps
Click on a map to see a larger version.

Green - Friendly Town
Red - Enemy Town
Grey - Neutral Town
Yellow - Underground Passage

A# - Allied Towns
O# - Opponent Towns (a,b,c,d,e,f,g indicates which enemy)
N# - Neutral Towns
M# - Mirror Entrances (a) and exits (b). two-way unless stated
E# - Exit (a) entrance and (b) exit
S# - Seer (a) and the location of the item (b)
G# - Guard Tents (a) and the location of the Guard Tower (b)
J - Jail
X - Ambush

Starting Out
Take the Citadel as your starting bonus as it will help you get a Capitol earlier and it will hep you defend A1 in case any enemy hero decides to attack. This is another map with a fast start to pen the enemy in their starting town while Yog visits the Places of Learning and your towns hire troops for the final battles.

First Leg
First build a Hall of Valhalla in A1 and have Yog visit it for +1 to Attack. Hire another Stronghold hero to give Yog more troops and have him follow the purple path. The Orcs by the first Orc building have a good chance at either running or joining you so hire more Orcs and continue to E1a. Diplomacy will be helpful as there are many opportunities for joins. Have the secondary hero visit the available mines and defend A1 if need be.

Yog will appear underground by E1b and have him visit the gold mine near by. There's another wandering stack by the Refugee Camp that could join you and you might get good creatures at the camp. The wandering teacher always taught +1 to Attack so it's worth visiting him. Don't let yourself get distracted and continue to E2a. You will appear on the surface again by E2b. Head south and take over N1 which should have very few troops defending it. Remember to hire every creatures available, build another Hall of Valhalla and head north to N2. Be sure to stop by the blacksmith and hire a Ballista if Yog has any skill in it before taking over N2. Remember to hire every creatures available, build another Hall of Valhalla and continue on to E3a. You'll be underground again at E3b and you'll have to face some Wolf Riders before heading to E4a. You arrive on the surface again at E4b, head southwest and take over N3. Remember to hire every creatures available, build another Hall of Valhalla and continue south to N4. You might see some enemy heroes so defeat them before taking over N4. Remember to hire every creatures available, and build another Hall of Valhalla.

I recommend using A1, N1, N2, and N3 as gold/resource producing towns with the following build order: Town Hall, Marketplace, Resource Silo, Blacksmith, Mage Guild Level One, City Hall. For N4, I'd recommend the following build order: Citadel, Orc Tower, Ogre Fort, Wolf Pen, Cliff Nest, Cyclops Cave, Castle, Mage Tower Level 1, Upgraded Ogre Fort, Upgraded Cliff Nest, Upgraded Cyclops Cave, Marketplace, Resource Silo, Blacksmith, City Hall. This list assumes nothing is already built and if you have resource problems I recommend not building the Wolf Pen, Cliff Nest, and Upgraded Cliff Nest until you do.

Second Leg
I recommend having Yog stand by the Garrison leading to O1a since there is a Magic Pond just a few steps away that the enemy will use. There seems to be one enemy hero with high stats and many troops that you want Yog to defeat. Once you've done that, all of the heroes that the enemy sends out will just be scouts. Once you have enough troops, give Yog the Ogre Magi and Behemoths/Ancient Behemoths and hire a secondary hero to give all of the other troops to. Have this secondary hero stand where Yog was and have Yog travel back on the purple path visit all of the Places of Learning, fight battles to gain ranks, and flag mines so you can continue building up N4 and hire more troops. Only Yog will move on to the next map so don't bother grooming any other heros. S1 will trade 50 Orcs (not Orc Chieftans) for 15 Cyclops which is a good deal so have Yog bring them along if you want to make the trade. Make sure to hire other heroes to visit Witches Huts so you don't give Yog a bad secondary skill on accident. Once you're finished with building up Yog, have him return to N4.

Finishing Up
Give Yog any new troops, have him visit the Marletto Tower northeast of E5a for +1 Defense and then have him enter into E5a to get access to O1 without having to go through the Garrisons. You're now underground again by E5b, explore the area and follow the path north and west to find about 24 Behemoths protecting E6a. With your troops, you should have little trouble defeating them and in making your way up to E6b. You'll be right outside E6b and attack O1a, which should be as heavily defended as the other neutral towns were.

Read full article...
Last edited by Pol on 31 May 2019, 19:42, edited 2 times in total.
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

ArchCerberos
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Birth of a Barbarian → The Meeting

Unread postby ArchCerberos » 31 May 2019, 17:54

I don't know why, most maps on these guides won't open at all. I get an "Error: 404 Ccategory not found" error on the tab title.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Re: Birth of a Barbarian → The Meeting

Unread postby Pol » 31 May 2019, 19:25

I will take a look, this one is fixed.

The trick to get to the big image is to remove _sm from thumbnail.
Last edited by Pol on 31 May 2019, 19:42, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Articles”