Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.05.2019]

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 28 May 2019, 07:31

Jamesx wrote: I see... Honestly I didn't thought about that :D
unfortunately, I didn't found a model like that yet. If I can find a 3d model with 4 legs, I'll make an update)))
Best of luck, as I hadn't just the same. 2-legged Wyvern Dragons just get so much love nowadays, it's a downright shame to be honest. 4-legged Western Dragons need love too!
Last edited by SpectralDragon on 28 May 2019, 07:47, edited 1 time in total.

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 28 May 2019, 07:43

Templayer wrote: Um. Are you aware that you can make a Dwarf Liche in both vanilla MM7 and the Merge without the optional modifications?

Also. WE MAKE THE LORE NOW. :P

So technically, as of now, lore-wise - you cannot distinguish a dwarf liche from a normal liche, because as everyone knows, upon Liching the dwarf gains in length and loses his beard! :D :D :D
As you saw with Benito when I linked ya for your website, dude is (or rather used to be) a Dwarf. :D :D Here is how he looked like before he turned: https://sta.sh/01uco5w2118x

And speaking of making lore, apparently Argus Dragons existed back then as well, but no one mentioned them until I killed one. :-D :-D https://sta.sh/011tbh0fmle1

Both screenshots were made in base/stock/core/GOG French version of MM7.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 28 May 2019, 08:41

SpectralDragon wrote:
Templayer wrote: Um. Are you aware that you can make a Dwarf Liche in both vanilla MM7 and the Merge without the optional modifications?

Also. WE MAKE THE LORE NOW. :P

So technically, as of now, lore-wise - you cannot distinguish a dwarf liche from a normal liche, because as everyone knows, upon Liching the dwarf gains in length and loses his beard! :D :D :D
As you saw with Benito when I linked ya for your website, dude is (or rather used to be) a Dwarf. :D :D Here is how he looked like before he turned: https://sta.sh/01uco5w2118x

And speaking of making lore, apparently Argus Dragons existed back then as well, but no one mentioned them until I killed one. :-D :-D https://sta.sh/011tbh0fmle1

Both screenshots were made in base/stock/core/GOG French version of MM7.
That is a nice glitch. Well, looks like we have a "Beholder Dragon" in MM7 glitch-lore! :D :D
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

Dedicated MMMerge Forum (Bug Tracker included): shorturl.at/lryAF

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 28 May 2019, 08:46

Jamesx wrote:
SpectralDragon wrote: That image of a Bone Dragon is alright and all, but what I personally find most jarring about it is the fact that it's a 2-legged dragon compared to pc25 dragon itself, which have 4 legs. I honestly expected something like that.
https://www.celestialheavens.com/homm4/ ... dragon.jpg

Just saying. 8|
I see... Honestly I didn't thought about that :D
unfortunately, I didn't found a model like that yet. If I can find a 3d model with 4 legs, I'll make an update)))
I'm not against using such 3D models (after you find one with four legs) at all, but the difference in style is somewhat jarring. Maybe using a graphical filter of some sort to transmute the sprites into something that looks more "drawn" might be in order. But the base idea is good. Could you PM me your dragon sprite source, i.e. probably with an actual alpha layer? I might just try some things out, and if it works, we are going to have a working Might and Magiczer. :D (no promises though). What I am going to do is opening the Lich sprite and compare for differences, and then try filtering and transmuting it to make a better match stylistically.

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 28 May 2019, 08:53

Templayer wrote: That is a nice glitch. Well, looks like we have a "Beholder Dragon" in MM7 glitch-lore! :D :D
I honestly blame that one on Devils/Demons/Kreegan. Their bloody radioactive Colony and whatnot, but yeah, apparently Beholder Dragons are a thing. :D :D
Yes?

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 28 May 2019, 10:44

Templayer wrote: And now .... MINOTAUR LICHES. The head would be the problem in there, but you could find some pictures of bull skeletal heads, pixelize them, upscale them back, and then tweak as neccessary to make the feel. Portrait sprites will take a lot of time though, but if you had more than one angle on the skull, and used the same method,.... too bad I can't draw for crap, right? :D :D
Actually tried to Google that, all images I got was the skull being seen from the top-side up. Actually had to go check out a pretty graphic video on how to clean up a cow skull in order to see other angles and how the jawbone is attached to the skull, but hey, no one said research is ever pretty. :devious:
Yes?

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 28 May 2019, 11:37

SpectralDragon wrote:
Templayer wrote: And now .... MINOTAUR LICHES. The head would be the problem in there, but you could find some pictures of bull skeletal heads, pixelize them, upscale them back, and then tweak as neccessary to make the feel. Portrait sprites will take a lot of time though, but if you had more than one angle on the skull, and used the same method,.... too bad I can't draw for crap, right? :D :D
Actually tried to Google that, all images I got was the skull being seen from the top-side up. Actually had to go check out a pretty graphic video on how to clean up a cow skull in order to see other angles and how the jawbone is attached to the skull, but hey, no one said research is ever pretty. :devious:
YUCKY YUCK! :| :D

Crusader_bin
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Crusader_bin » 28 May 2019, 12:06

There are tons of Komodo dragon skeletons in the web, some might fit :P
Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the gun!

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 28 May 2019, 15:17

Status: currently being completely BULL with trying to draw a bully Lichy skull by hand in my sketchbook. :D https://sta.sh/043c3ydt78o I might not have the game installed yet, but I still have screenshots where I went on an all-Minotaur mayhem, so thank the Ancients for references, even if I might struggle still with expressions and well, it being drawn by hand in a bloody sketchbook instead of being on a computer. ^^;

UPDATE: Prototype of a full-body: https://sta.sh/04arp0whov

Taken by phone.
Last edited by SpectralDragon on 28 May 2019, 15:50, edited 2 times in total.
Yes?

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 28 May 2019, 19:23

SpectralDragon wrote:Status: currently being completely BULL with trying to draw a bully Lichy skull by hand in my sketchbook. :D https://sta.sh/043c3ydt78o I might not have the game installed yet, but I still have screenshots where I went on an all-Minotaur mayhem, so thank the Ancients for references, even if I might struggle still with expressions and well, it being drawn by hand in a bloody sketchbook instead of being on a computer. ^^;

UPDATE: Prototype of a full-body: https://sta.sh/04arp0whov

Taken by phone.
If you edit your post, select the links to the images and use the Img button, it will encase the link with an img tag that will try to load the image from the link to the forum here upon thread page loading.
Also show them what you have shown me - the paperdoll and portrait prototype sketch. That portrait is SO AWESOME LOOKING! :P :D

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 28 May 2019, 19:29

Templayer wrote: If you edit your post, select the links to the images and use the Img button, it will encase the link with an img tag that will try to load the image from the link to the forum here upon thread page loading.
Also show them what you have shown me - the paperdoll and portrait prototype sketch. That portrait is SO AWESOME LOOKING! :P :D
Tried to find it, couldn't, sorry. :tired: Most likely because I'm not having an Imgur account. ^^;
As for the prototype sketches, I'll link them once I "transfer" them to digital art as a Side-Image and no worries, I'll make it so that others can easily edit these digital images and adapt them to the game proper, as I'm an artist, not a coder or a programmer. :tongue:
Yes?

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 28 May 2019, 19:38

SpectralDragon wrote:
Templayer wrote: If you edit your post, select the links to the images and use the Img button, it will encase the link with an img tag that will try to load the image from the link to the forum here upon thread page loading.
Tried to find it, couldn't, sorry. :tired: Most likely because I'm not having an Imgur account. ^^;
As for the prototype sketches, I'll link them once I "transfer" them to digital art as a Side-Image and no worries, I'll make it so that others can easily edit these digital images and adapt them to the game proper, as I'm an artist, not a coder or a programmer. :tongue:
I am afraid you are going to have adept them to the game proper yourself. Programming isn't needed for that. Being artsy is. :D
Just make sure that it is the proper resolution and has an absolute alpha channel (no partial transparency, only either full transparency, or opaque pixels), and that the equipment .... I was going to write that the equipment has to "sit on it" properly, but to do that, you are going to have to get it to the game and then make changes / move things a bit... so even if I was to put the azure background there myself and get it to the correct format, I would have to do it constantly until the equipment would "sit on it" properly. :wall:

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 28 May 2019, 19:48

Templayer wrote: I am afraid you are going to have adept them to the game proper yourself. Programming isn't needed for that. Being artsy is. :D
Just make sure that it is the proper resolution and has an absolute alpha channel (no partial transparency, only either full transparency, or opaque pixels), and that the equipment .... I was going to write that the equipment has to "sit on it" properly, but to do that, you are going to have to get it to the game and then make changes / move things a bit... so even if I was to put the azure background there myself and get it to the correct format, I would have to do it constantly until the equipment would "sit on it" properly. :wall:
Doesn't mean that any hand of collaboration is impossible for it though. ;) I'm accepting any collab efforts from either you or other people here that wish to have some fun with editing paperdolls and whatnot. ^^; Those download links other people left here will be immersely welcome when it comes to transparency, format and, of course, resolution. Teamwork! :D
Yes?

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 28 May 2019, 19:59

SpectralDragon wrote:*Img not working on STASH*
I can give you a FTP space on my server, you can store files there if you wish. If you upload it through FTP, you can then link here directly to it and Img will work since it will be a direct link to the image (with address www dot Templayer dot cz / GDSpectra / MinotaurLich / filename). If you do want to use that (having direct links to files is nice sometimes), tell me, and please do not go over about 1 GB unless necessary. :)

@All
For the purpose of this project I can offer you storage space if needed. Quite a few people seem to be interested in various Lich variants. There has been interest in Dwarf Liches, Dracoliches, Vampire Liches (I gave out a "walkthrough" on how to do that, or how to change the character race back to Vampire after a promotion to a Lich (to keep being able to raise Racial Skills), while keeping Lich as a class) and now suddenly Minotaur Liches.
Rodril wrote:False quoting PROD. MWAHAHAH. :oex:
Now that I think of it, it would be trivial for you to change it so that if someone used the Character Creation Unlocker to create a Vampire Necromancer (yes, there was such a case and no, it wasn't me, I want to have a Vampire Cleric and I do not like having the same race twice in a party...), thus having the intent of having a Vampire Lich for them not to lose the Vampire race upon promotion? Keep both the graphics / sounds and the race, while changing only the class? Also the same if someone makes a Vampire Sorcerer and decides later to become a Lich. And for completionist's sake - the same if someone makes a Zombie with the Character Creation Unlocker (i.e. as a race, not as a condition) and eventually manages to promote it to a Lich. :D (i.e. undead stay the same type of undead)
If someone does that, they clearly show their choice for it to be that way. And currently those people have to use either the console or the cheat engine to revert the racial change while keeping the class change. :-S
Last edited by Templayer on 28 May 2019, 20:07, edited 1 time in total.

Pixoala
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Pixoala » 28 May 2019, 20:02

Hi !
First really good job with the merge !

I got a bug: I can't take this paint for a quest (MM7, Barrow downs)

Is it a known issue ?

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 28 May 2019, 20:21

SpectralDragon wrote:
Templayer wrote: I am afraid you are going to have adept them to the game proper yourself. Programming isn't needed for that. Being artsy is. :D
Doesn't mean that any hand of collaboration is impossible for it though. ;) I'm accepting any collab efforts from either you or other people here that wish to have some fun with editing paperdolls and whatnot. ^^; Those download links other people left here will be immersely welcome when it comes to transparency, format and, of course, resolution. Teamwork! :D
Why don't you team up with Jamesx? He made most of the paperdoll repaints, but doesn't feel like making the Minotaur Lich due to not thinking he would make the head proper (if I remember correctly). If you team up with him, I am sure he will have no problems converting your Lich Minotaur final work into something that would work in-game!

SpectralDragon
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby SpectralDragon » 29 May 2019, 04:27

Templayer wrote: Why don't you team up with Jamesx? He made most of the paperdoll repaints, but doesn't feel like making the Minotaur Lich due to not thinking he would make the head proper (if I remember correctly). If you team up with him, I am sure he will have no problems converting your Lich Minotaur final work into something that would work in-game!
My thoughts exactly. I only hope Jamesx knows how to work GIMP. ^^;
Yes?

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 29 May 2019, 09:34

Pixoala wrote:Hi !
First really good job with the merge !

I got a bug: I can't take this paint for a quest (MM7, Barrow downs)

Is it a known issue ?
No, that bug is not known to me. Added to the Bug Tracker. Also you have been added to the Bug Catchers section of the Credits Tracker.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 29 May 2019, 09:36

SpectralDragon wrote:
Templayer wrote: Why don't you team up with Jamesx? He made most of the paperdoll repaints, but doesn't feel like making the Minotaur Lich due to not thinking he would make the head proper (if I remember correctly). If you team up with him, I am sure he will have no problems converting your Lich Minotaur final work into something that would work in-game!
My thoughts exactly. I only hope Jamesx knows how to work GIMP. ^^;
Well, if he doesn't, you can probably find some intermediary format instead of the GIMP "project" one that supports multiple layers (or simply give him multiple singlelayered pngs, that would work too)

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 29 May 2019, 13:09

I did de-Skyrimize the Dracolich and Might and Magicified him as well. :D

A step-by step process walkthrough has been sent to Jamesx. I think it now looks much more like a MM character. Jamesx did a good job on the eyes, so I will leave that part to him. He does have whole portrait animations for the dracolich as well, so he has to apply it to all of them.

If you zoom in / out enough for it to be as big as it would be in-game, then I am pretty much happy with my result (except for the eyes that I didn't do, of course)

Also still no front-legs, but...

:jester:
Last edited by Templayer on 29 May 2019, 14:55, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Might and Magic”