Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Lucius
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.05.2019]

Unread postby Lucius » 08 May 2019, 01:57

Stone City crash is fixed for me by latest (05.05.2019) update, thanks!
Is there a command to force map respawn? I tested it in new game, but want to repopulate it in my current game

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 08 May 2019, 09:15

Jamesx wrote:
Templayer wrote:
Jamesx wrote: Even if you don't do any new sprites (WE WANT DRACOLICHES. At least two of us, GDSpectra and me! And Vampire versions of everything! And Dwarven Liches! Minotaur Liches! :D ), it is great to have you back! (@everyone - Jamesx is the author of a lot of the paperdoll sprites!)
Thanks, I'm glad to see you too!))))
For now I'm just trying to enjoy the game with mod and finally finish all continents with one party...Enroth is first :D :D
It's harder then I expected - I tried it many times before, but I don't have enough patience to complete all))))))
What about drakoliches and dwarven liches.. if we had them as playable characters in one of the mm6-8 game it wouldn't be big a problem. But we have not(( Even if I try to find a 3d model of bone dragon it will be much different from existing characters. Dwarven liches is much easier I think... we can use the regular human heads for them, just need a new bodies.. I'll think about it)) ;)
Yeah, out of the bunch, Dwarven Liches should be the priority, since those can be made without the Character Creation Unlocker for the Merge. And also in vanilla MM7.
I'm going to remove the bug report about the reputation from the Bug Tracker.
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

Dedicated MMMerge Forum (Bug Tracker included): shorturl.at/lryAF

Lucius
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Lucius » 08 May 2019, 13:48

I would like to ask how to read new potion recipes from game files, can't figure out them

justl
Demon
Demon

Unread postby justl » 08 May 2019, 15:55

Lucius wrote:I would like to ask how to read new potion recipes from game files, can't figure out them
best open the potions.txt in an excel - makes reading easier
take the resistances potions for instance:
go to 256 fire resistance, mark the line - now scroll to the right
there should be like a column 284, 285, 286,... seen somewhere far right (thats all the resistances potions with a 2nd potion mixed to pure resistance potions.
now mark the column and go up and you see 278 - when you have a look what 278 i the first column is, you see thats essence of luck
so <element> resistance + essence of luck = pure <element> resistance.

i needed a bit to figure out myself, but once you have it, its easy

edit: if you havent extracted potions.txt yet, first do it with grayfaces mmarchive-tool from englisht.lod
Last edited by justl on 08 May 2019, 19:49, edited 2 times in total.
V2: Compendium of mm6-8 Secrets + Details about the base merge and DaveHer's redone merge (its in english!)
https://www.mightandmagicworld.de/fileb ... index.html

Daedros
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Daedros » 09 May 2019, 00:27

justl wrote:
Lucius wrote:I would like to ask how to read new potion recipes from game files, can't figure out them
best open the potions.txt in an excel - makes reading easier
take the resistances potions for instance:
go to 256 fire resistance, mark the line - now scroll to the right
there should be like a column 284, 285, 286,... seen somewhere far right (thats all the resistances potions with a 2nd potion mixed to pure resistance potions.
now mark the column and go up and you see 278 - when you have a look what 278 i the first column is, you see thats essence of luck
so <element> resistance + essence of luck = pure <element> resistance.

i needed a bit to figure out myself, but once you have it, its easy

edit: if you havent extracted potions.txt yet, first do it with grayfaces mmarchive-tool from englisht.lod
Nope, it's still non-sensical. For example, when trying to make a Potion of the Gods (283), it looks like Essence of Speed (277) + Speed Boost (244) would make it according to that chart, but when you combine them, you just get an explosion, even with GM Alchemy.

Edit: Had to rearrange the rows so they lined up correctly, then what you said had worked. The potion description text was setting the potion number rows off in Notepad++. I'll be posting the actual recipes for all the new Potions soon.
Last edited by Daedros on 09 May 2019, 06:01, edited 2 times in total.

Daedros
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Daedros » 09 May 2019, 07:30

Here's the recipes for all the new potions added in the merge so far.

Essence of Might=Remove Fear+Heroism
Essence of Intellect=Remove Curse+Shield
Essence of Personality=Remove Fear+Haste
Essence of Endurance=Remove Curse+Recharge Item
Essence of Accuracy=Cure Insanity+Stoneskin
Essence of Speed=Cure Insanity+Harden Item
Essence of Luck=Haste+Heroism, Recharge Item+Shield, Harden Item+Stoneskin
Potion of Doom=Remove Curse+Remove Fear/Cure Insanity, Remove Fear+Cure Insanity
Divine Boost=Divine Power+X (Stat) Boost
Divine Protection=Divine Cure+X (Element) Resistance
Divine Transcendance=Divine Restoration+Cure Insanity/Remove Fear/Remove Curse
Potion of the Gods=Essence of Might+Harden Item, Essence of Intellect+Stoneskin, Essence of Personality+Recharge Item, Essence of Endurance+Haste, Essence of Accuracy+Shield, Essence of Speed+Heroism
Pure Resistance=X (Element) Resistance+Essence of Luck
Protection from Magic= Remove Curse+Water Breathing

For the permanent Stat and Resist boosting potions, the reagent Power doesn't matter. So get out there and go reagent hunting!
Last edited by Daedros on 09 May 2019, 08:14, edited 5 times in total.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 09 May 2019, 09:34

Daedros wrote:Here's the recipes for all the new potions added in the merge so far.

Essence of Might=Remove Fear+Heroism
Essence of Intellect=Remove Curse+Shield
Essence of Personality=Remove Fear+Haste
Essence of Endurance=Remove Curse+Recharge Item
Essence of Accuracy=Cure Insanity+Stoneskin
Essence of Speed=Cure Insanity+Harden Item
Essence of Luck=Haste+Heroism, Recharge Item+Shield, Harden Item+Stoneskin
Potion of Doom=Remove Curse+Remove Fear/Cure Insanity, Remove Fear+Cure Insanity
Divine Boost=Divine Power+X (Stat) Boost
Divine Protection=Divine Cure+X (Element) Resistance
Divine Transcendance=Divine Restoration+Cure Insanity/Remove Fear/Remove Curse
Potion of the Gods=Essence of Might+Harden Item, Essence of Intellect+Stoneskin, Essence of Personality+Recharge Item, Essence of Endurance+Haste, Essence of Accuracy+Shield, Essence of Speed+Heroism
Pure Resistance=X (Element) Resistance+Essence of Luck
Protection from Magic= Remove Curse+Water Breathing

For the permanent Stat and Resist boosting potions, the reagent Power doesn't matter. So get out there and go reagent hunting!
Added to the Tutorials section on the Tracker.

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 10 May 2019, 14:48

Protection from Magic will not work, so it should either be made into another spell that could or removed. I had no idea potions never worked with spells that affect the whole party right away, only with ones that can be cast on one party member (at least initially). One such spell that has no potion for it is Pain Reflection, and that's my suggestion for this white potion.

justl
Demon
Demon

Unread postby justl » 10 May 2019, 17:34

hi,

i'm in dragonsand atm and doing the loading game with corpses:
out of the 17 classes of items (helmet, armor, cloak, bow, shield, weapon, boots, gauntlet, amulet, ring, gem, ingridient, belt, wand, scroll, potion, spellbook ... each having the chance of 1/17 of appearing) i found out that spellbooks have the habbit of either being
- on the top (gm spells for 1 or 2 casters maybe) or lowest tier (basic users can learn it)
- out of the 9 magic ways (body, mind, spirit, earth, fire, air, water, light, dark ... taking 1/9 times 1/17 chance of appearing) light and dark seem to have the sh.tload of books appearing in corpses (like both having 4/9 times 1/17 chance?).

i set may goal to find only spells on my way and not buy any - except enchant item).
i have statistically done loading for hours therefore i can say that expert and master spells (except light and dark) have some kind of gap appearing out of corpses in generell.

anyone having seen that as well? or is it just a case of bad luck with me? ;-)

justl
V2: Compendium of mm6-8 Secrets + Details about the base merge and DaveHer's redone merge (its in english!)

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 10 May 2019, 19:17

justl wrote:hi,

i'm in dragonsand atm and doing the loading game with corpses:
out of the 17 classes of items (helmet, armor, cloak, bow, shield, weapon, boots, gauntlet, amulet, ring, gem, ingridient, belt, wand, scroll, potion, spellbook ... each having the chance of 1/17 of appearing) i found out that spellbooks have the habbit of either being
- on the top (gm spells for 1 or 2 casters maybe) or lowest tier (basic users can learn it)
- out of the 9 magic ways (body, mind, spirit, earth, fire, air, water, light, dark ... taking 1/9 times 1/17 chance of appearing) light and dark seem to have the sh.tload of books appearing in corpses (like both having 4/9 times 1/17 chance?).

i set may goal to find only spells on my way and not buy any - except enchant item).
i have statistically done loading for hours therefore i can say that expert and master spells (except light and dark) have some kind of gap appearing out of corpses in generell.

anyone having seen that as well? or is it just a case of bad luck with me? ;-)

justl
Sounds really suspicious. I will add it to the Bug Tracker in the meanwhile, until Rodril checks it out.

justl
Demon
Demon

Unread postby justl » 10 May 2019, 19:28

hi,
another thing with mm6 relics, there are little inconsistences with resistances:

apollo (relic chain armor) has the mod "+20 to resistances" and gives it to all resistances (elemental + mind and body)
artemis (relic bow) has the mod "-10 to resistances" but only draws elemental - no mind/body minus
havent found odin (relic crown, +50 resistances) yet - is it active? - but pls check too if the +50 go to all resistances

oh and i probably found a typo: in dragonsand at the oasis, where you see the text "you feel a high magic presense here" i guess it means presence? or is pre-sense meant?

justl

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 10 May 2019, 19:53

justl wrote:hi,
another thing with mm6 relics, there are little inconsistences with resistances:

apollo (relic chain armor) has the mod "+20 to resistances" and gives it to all resistances (elemental + mind and body)
artemis (relic bow) has the mod "-10 to resistances" but only draws elemental - no mind/body minus
havent found odin (relic crown, +50 resistances) yet - is it active? - but pls check too if the +50 go to all resistances

oh and i probably found a typo: in dragonsand at the oasis, where you see the text "you feel a high magic presense here" i guess it means presence? or is pre-sense meant?

justl
Added to the Bug Tracker.
It should probably be "You feel the presence of some higher magic surrounding you."
I mean it is no High Magic, we are not doing 'shrooms! :D :D :D
@Rodril - maybe I could fiddle with more texts like that, to give them proper nuance. I've read hundreds of books, you know. But only if you would like me to. :creative: :devious: :yes:
But English is still my third language, so I'm not as good at it as I would like to be.
If you want me to, tell me where to find Merge-specific texts (or send them) and I shall endeavor to fiddle with them to their fullest potential. :D

Daedros
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Daedros » 11 May 2019, 06:49

Hirelings are affecting the amount of gold you receive from selling trade items, breaking the purpose of trade items. For example, i buy a Forged Credit Voucher for 6,500 Gold. With no Hirelings, i sell that Forged Credit Voucher for 7,237 Gold, a profit of 737 Gold. However, with 3 Instructors (-21% Gold), i sell that same Forged Credit Voucher, for 5,710 Gold, a loss of 790 gold. Conversely, Bankers and Factors will increase the profit you make from trade items.
Hirelings really should not be affecting the value of trade items.

justl
Demon
Demon

Unread postby justl » 11 May 2019, 07:24

another artifact/relic related thing:

some of the mm7 ones with good/evil had their premises removed (old nick https://www.mightandmagicworld.de/mm7/I ... ldnick.jpg can be worn by everyone with dagger ability), whilst racial ones (goblin, elves) seem to be inconsistent (elvenbane double hand sword https://www.mightandmagicworld.de/mm7/I ... lfbane.jpg can only wielded by goblins, whilst the elven armor https://www.mightandmagicworld.de/mm7/I ... panzer.jpg can be worn by any chainmail user)

with mm8 artifacts it is like you can wear the "neutral" ones (no premises) whilst racial/class ones are "locked".
there is an inconsistency (imho) between the continents - a mishmash kind of thing, maybe there could be thoughts about that?

thx
justl

Daedros
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Daedros » 11 May 2019, 07:24

Most NPCs walking about are spawning as nameless Peasants that can't be hired. Only a small handful have professions that can be hired. I haven't seen a hireable Peasant that can be turned into a party member of any class in a long time, even when my party isn't full.

Suggestion. Allow profession NPCs to spawn inside of shops. For example, Bankers and Factors could pop up inside of Banks, Instructors could show up inside of Training Halls, Armsmasters inside of Weapons Shops, Scholars inside of Magic Item and Reagent shops, Spell Masters and Psychics/Mystics inside of Spell Shops, Healers inside of Temples, Jesters, Pipers, and Chefs inside of Taverns, etc. This would allow us to hunt for specific hirelings easier.
Last edited by Daedros on 11 May 2019, 07:27, edited 1 time in total.

justl
Demon
Demon

Unread postby justl » 11 May 2019, 07:25

Daedros wrote:Hirelings are affecting the amount of gold you receive from selling trade items, breaking the purpose of trade items. For example, i buy a Forged Credit Voucher for 6,500 Gold. With no Hirelings, i sell that Forged Credit Voucher for 7,237 Gold, a profit of 737 Gold. However, with 3 Instructors (-21% Gold), i sell that same Forged Credit Voucher, for 5,710 Gold, a loss of 790 gold. Conversely, Bankers and Factors will increase the profit you make from trade items.
never trust bankers ... the house always wins :D

imho, go up with merchant skill as soon as you can, then you can make your money easy - with enough left after buying spellbooks (which are the most expensive things of them all) for training your chars
Last edited by justl on 11 May 2019, 07:27, edited 2 times in total.

Daedros
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Daedros » 11 May 2019, 08:08

justl wrote:
Daedros wrote:Hirelings are affecting the amount of gold you receive from selling trade items, breaking the purpose of trade items. For example, i buy a Forged Credit Voucher for 6,500 Gold. With no Hirelings, i sell that Forged Credit Voucher for 7,237 Gold, a profit of 737 Gold. However, with 3 Instructors (-21% Gold), i sell that same Forged Credit Voucher, for 5,710 Gold, a loss of 790 gold. Conversely, Bankers and Factors will increase the profit you make from trade items.
never trust bankers ... the house always wins :D

imho, go up with merchant skill as soon as you can, then you can make your money easy - with enough left after buying spellbooks (which are the most expensive things of them all) for training your chars
Yeah, i bring all of my chars up to the highest level of Merchant expertise they can receive, such as Expert, Master, or GM. Makes level training costs cheaper. Monks appear to be the only class in game that doesn't learn ANY Merchant skill.

Still, at late-game however, when you're Lvl 100+, training levels gets to be extremely expensive. My Lvl 192 Great Wyrm with 4 Expert Merchant would cost 13,824 Gold to train to Lvl 193, that's at Shadowspire with 5 Reputation providing a discount. At the Trainer in Nighon (Thunderfist Mountain, which has no Training Lvl limit), it would cost 23,040 Gold for one level on that Great Wyrm, once again with 5 Reputation providing a discount. There comes a point where you can basically acquire levels faster than you can acquire the gold to train them normally. Only two methods allowed you to acquire gold fast enough to continue training.
1: The Trade Items. Empty out the inventory of 4-5 chars, load up on Forged Credit Vouchers (which requires a good chunk of initial gold to begin with), then Lloyd's Beacon recall to the house that buys them. Profit. This method is now wrecked by profession Hirelings (other than Bankers and Factors).
2. The Arena. Farming the Lord Arena at high levels provides a good chunk of gold. My party with an average Lvl of 183, receives 126,682 Gold per win. Profession Hirelings take gold from that as well. This method however is costly in terms of game time, you can only do the Arena once a week.
Last edited by Daedros on 11 May 2019, 08:09, edited 1 time in total.

Kaikhorus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Kaikhorus » 11 May 2019, 08:47

Buying cheap weapons in new sorpigal, dagger wound etc. and GM fire aura then selling for max profit is an easy mid/late game gold boost. Similar strategies apply with enchant item.

Lucius
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Lucius » 11 May 2019, 08:51

Bug: Clanker's Amulet artifact +15 Alchemy bonus not stacking
Clanker's Amulet(15) + Ring of Fusion(5) + Ring "of alchemy"(25) expected bonus 45
real bonus:
25 if equip Ring of Fusion then equip Ring "of alchemy"
30 if equip Ring "of alchemy" then equip Ring of Fusion

justl
Demon
Demon

Unread postby justl » 11 May 2019, 09:12

Kaikhorus wrote:Buying cheap weapons in new sorpigal, dagger wound etc. and GM fire aura then selling for max profit is an easy mid/late game gold boost. Similar strategies apply with enchant item.
quick question:
cheap things with enchant items will very likely break when trying to enchant, do you harden them first (with the harden item potion) to make it work?

Return to “Might and Magic”