Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Templayer
Devil
Devil

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.05.2019]

Unread postby Templayer » 05 May 2019, 19:24

justl wrote:hi,

mm6, dragonsand/paradise valley/hermits isle: when the character gets armour damaged by enemys the sound from drinking a bottle is playing - there is for sure a sound for "breaking things" in vanilla mm6.

justl
Added to the Bug Tracker. Good work, you do have a knack for finding those. ^_^
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

Dedicated MMMerge Forum (Bug Tracker included): shorturl.at/lryAF

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 06 May 2019, 03:54

@Rodril
I need you help. I made some meshes for the The Chaos Conspiracy. The editor excepted the meshes but not the textures. I setup the textures as 8bit, 256 Colors, and 128X256, 128X128 Pixels. Corel Draw has to option for saving bmp files. I saved it as Windows Bitmap (bmp). The another option is OS/2 bmp. Maybe I should have used the other option. I do not know. Or maybe I did not use the right UV mapping in blender. Their are several options for UV mapping: Unwrap, qube, sphere etc. Which one should I use. I marked some seams and used the Unwrap. Are there setting that need to be done on the T and N Panels? Thanks again for your help. It took me a while to learn the latest version. Short cut keys are basically the same. The menus are not. There is a new version coming up 2.8 which is completely different.
David

Kaikhorus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Kaikhorus » 06 May 2019, 10:45

Started a new Antagrich game just before the new update, installed the update today and now the second lift down in Stone City to the Nighon Tunnels isn't functioning when pressing on the button or the side of the lift. It was working before the update.

Here's my savegame for testing: http://www.mediafire.com/file/c6ufikzfc ... 2.dod/file

No other issues so far, thanks again for the great work on the mod :)

EDIT: As I posted I found another ;) In Harmondale, the Stealing Expert trainer Peryn Lightfingers living with the Master Disarmer gives dialogue as if you were hiring them from Balthazar's Lair when you click on the Stealing Expert. Haven't checked other Stealing trainers yet.
Last edited by Kaikhorus on 06 May 2019, 10:53, edited 1 time in total.

Lucius
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Lucius » 06 May 2019, 12:09

Few more bugs there:

- All four MM8 hireable Dark Elves NPC cannot equip Glomenmail :D Player character Dark Elf can do it.

- MM8 artifact Fleetfingers +8 disarm bonus does not stack with not-artefact bonus

- Interactions which envolve taking items from player's inventory behave different from vanilla.
In vanilla using ore traders and murmurwoods gem tree only take items from inventory of selected player, and which item is consumed is defined by position in inventory
For merged version, item from inactive character can be selected too, tree can take two gems at once and make two excahanges, but generally it is unpredictable behavior and it forces you to throw items on the ground if you have gems of different sort and want to make exchange without mess
Last edited by Lucius on 06 May 2019, 12:10, edited 1 time in total.

MagicIsMight
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby MagicIsMight » 06 May 2019, 13:30

It would be nice to be able to view the patch notes on the first post, so you can get a quick overview of what's happening with the mod.

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Rodril » 06 May 2019, 15:07

DaveHer wrote:I need you help. I made some meshes for the The Chaos Conspiracy. The editor excepted the meshes but not the textures.
First textures should be placed into Bitmaps.lod with MMArchive ( https://grayface.github.io/mm/#MMArchive ). Select any facet in MM editor, press "E", console will pop up, there will be field "Bitmap = name" "name" is name of picture from Bitmaps.lod. Also MM engine does not use custom UV maps, looks like textures are projected at facet with fixed scale. Use this guide to add new bitmaps: https://www.celestialheavens.com/forum/10/16923 .
Kaikhorus wrote:Started a new Antagrich game just before the new update, installed the update today and now the second lift down in Stone City to the Nighon Tunnels isn't functioning when pressing on the button or the side of the lift. It was working before the update.
Ouch, put this file into Data folder: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4gami5y40brwv ... s.lod?dl=0 it is included in update now.
MagicIsMight wrote:It would be nice to be able to view the patch notes on the first post, so you can get a quick overview of what's happening with the mod.
Currently it is only bugfixes, important changes are listed in "Notes.txt" which follow update archive.

Lucius
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Lucius » 06 May 2019, 15:43

As I am able to recall, Well of Wishes in Land of the Giants in vanilla MM7 is not supposed to take 5000 gold every time. It CAN give 10000, but not take gold in original game

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 06 May 2019, 15:51

Kaikhorus wrote:In Harmondale, the Stealing Expert trainer Peryn Lightfingers living with the Master Disarmer gives dialogue as if you were hiring them from Balthazar's Lair when you click on the Stealing Expert. Haven't checked other Stealing trainers yet.
Added to the Bug Tracker. The first thing wasn't, because I presume Rodril's fix for the elevator works. If not, it will be added as well.
Lucius wrote:Few more bugs there:

- All four MM8 hireable Dark Elves NPC cannot equip Glomenmail :D Player character Dark Elf can do it.

- MM8 artifact Fleetfingers +8 disarm bonus does not stack with not-artefact bonus

- Interactions which envolve taking items from player's inventory behave different from vanilla.
In vanilla using ore traders and murmurwoods gem tree only take items from inventory of selected player, and which item is consumed is defined by position in inventory
For merged version, item from inactive character can be selected too, tree can take two gems at once and make two excahanges, but generally it is unpredictable behavior and it forces you to throw items on the ground if you have gems of different sort and want to make exchange without mess
Lucius wrote:As I am able to recall, Well of Wishes in Land of the Giants in vanilla MM7 is not supposed to take 5000 gold every time. It CAN give 10000, but not take gold in original game
Added to the Bug Tracker.

justl
Demon
Demon

Unread postby justl » 06 May 2019, 16:07

Lucius wrote:As I am able to recall, Well of Wishes in Land of the Giants in vanilla MM7 is not supposed to take 5000 gold every time. It CAN give 10000, but not take gold in original game
its actually grayface's "fault", he fixed a bug with a mm7 patch, which ended the never intended "cheating" with the well.

read here (search for 5000)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9njf1z8b0l8s6 ... e.TXT?dl=0

artifact:
ulysses (mm7 artifact if im right) - should fire iceshards as projectile, instead does normal arrows
Last edited by justl on 06 May 2019, 17:56, edited 2 times in total.
V2: Compendium of mm6-8 Secrets + Details about the base merge and DaveHer's redone merge (its in english!)
https://www.mightandmagicworld.de/fileb ... index.html

Kaikhorus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Kaikhorus » 07 May 2019, 03:21

Rodril wrote:Ouch, put this file into Data folder: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4gami5y40brwv ... s.lod?dl=0 it is included in update now.
Brilliant, this fixed it right up. Thanks Rodril! :)
Templayer wrote:Added to the Bug Tracker. The first thing wasn't, because I presume Rodril's fix for the elevator works. If not, it will be added as well.
Good instincts ;) , thanks for all your work!

Daedros
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Daedros » 07 May 2019, 06:03

Boulders in Jadame are scaling up to a huge amount of AC. At an average party lvl of 55, the biggest Boulders on Jadame have 320 AC. This is before they cast Stone Skin.
Conversely, Earth Elementals on Jadame have 0 AC.

Cyclops are also giving T1 junk when looted. Have to throw out a crapload of low end garbage when looting them for gold.
Ring of Planes is only spawning once inside the Dark Dwarf Compound of Alvar. It used to be a guaranteed spawn every zone reset.
Last edited by Daedros on 07 May 2019, 06:53, edited 4 times in total.

Lucius
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Lucius » 07 May 2019, 13:56

del (posted by mistake)
Last edited by Lucius on 07 May 2019, 14:17, edited 1 time in total.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 07 May 2019, 17:24

justl wrote: artifact ulysses (mm7 artifact if im right) - should fire iceshards as projectile, instead does normal arrows
Added to the Bug Tracker.
Daedros wrote:Boulders in Jadame are scaling up to a huge amount of AC. At an average party lvl of 55, the biggest Boulders on Jadame have 320 AC. This is before they cast Stone Skin.
Conversely, Earth Elementals on Jadame have 0 AC.

Cyclops are also giving T1 junk when looted. Have to throw out a crapload of low end garbage when looting them for gold.
Ring of Planes is only spawning once inside the Dark Dwarf Compound of Alvar. It used to be a guaranteed spawn every zone reset.
Added to the Bug Tracker. That last thing is probably a feature. :D

Jamesx
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Jamesx » 07 May 2019, 18:43

Finally I started to play with this awesome mod. I see there is a lot of things was done, thanks for your work!!!
Well, actually I'm here with a report))
I have some trouble at Free Heaven. After killing any of those fire archer girls (green) all guards in all regions of Enroth become a hostile! Besides it affects the traders and prices at their shops - they buy your stuff only for 1 gold((
It's hard to notice that because there is no guards at free Heaven (all archers are hostiles like they was in mm6 and located at the same places) but when you travel to another region with guards they are attacking you..
Started a new game and got the same trouble((
Does anyone have this bug, or its something on my side?
I have some edits in Character selection and Class Starting Skills tables, but... it's hard to believe that it could affect the enemies...
And based on this, I have a question: how can I restore my reputation? They will stop to attacking me after some time? Maybe I should go to another continent and back after some time? I tried to go to Jadam and its ok, the guards are neutral there
Last edited by Jamesx on 07 May 2019, 19:02, edited 2 times in total.

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 07 May 2019, 19:20

@Rodril
What I need is the tool that Ehco mentions in her guild for generating the act palettes. I left a message for her about that. But I do not know when she will visit her tutorial. It may be a long time. I never used photoshop before. So I did not know that it saved palattes as act. Ignore this post. Thanks David
:D
Last edited by DaveHer on 15 May 2019, 20:58, edited 3 times in total.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 07 May 2019, 19:25

Jamesx wrote:Finally I started to play with this awesome mod. I see there is a lot of things was done, thanks for your work!!!
I have some trouble at Free Heaven. After killing any of those fire archer girls (green) all guards in all regions of Enroth become a hostile! Besides it affects the traders and prices at their shops - they buy your stuff only for 1 gold((
It's hard to notice that because there is no guards at free Heaven (all archers are hostiles like they was in mm6 and located at the same places) but when you travel to another region with guards they are attacking you..
I have some edits in Character selection and Class Starting Skills tables, but... it's hard to believe that it could affect the enemies...
And based on this, I have a question: how can I restore my reputation? They will stop to attacking me after some time? Maybe I should go to another continent and back after some time? I tried to go to Jadam and its ok, the guards are neutral there
Map respawn should do the trick, I think. Anyway, added to the Bug Tracker!
I do remember a bug like that in a very, very old version now, are you sure you are on the newest version? Nothing of the old one left? I would suggest a clean install, since maybe there were some faulty scripts that were deleted and if you just overrrode the files, and the scripts in question as a file would not exist in the new version, they wouldn't be overriden / removed.... just something I thought off right away, I may be completely wrong, wouldn't surprise me. :D

Even if you don't do any new sprites (WE WANT DRACOLICHES. At least two of us, GDSpectra and me! And Vampire versions of everything! And Dwarven Liches! Minotaur Liches! :D ), it is great to have you back! (@everyone - Jamesx is the author of a lot of the paperdoll sprites!)
Last edited by Templayer on 07 May 2019, 19:30, edited 2 times in total.

justl
Demon
Demon

Unread postby justl » 07 May 2019, 19:57

Jamesx wrote:Finally I started to play with this awesome mod. I see there is a lot of things was done, thanks for your work!!!
if i remember right, then freehaven is the only city where you can get hated with selling the human bones.
maybe you sold those before the people got angry with you and gave you "no" gold?
have a look in the lense (next to the resting tent on top of the screen) and check your reputation there

also healing in the temples of baa lowers your rep in the regions where such temples are
Last edited by justl on 07 May 2019, 20:02, edited 1 time in total.
V2: Compendium of mm6-8 Secrets + Details about the base merge and DaveHer's redone merge (its in english!)
https://www.mightandmagicworld.de/fileb ... index.html

qtish
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby qtish » 07 May 2019, 20:50

Low reputation. Also reputation affects merchant skill, unless its GM.
Last edited by qtish on 07 May 2019, 20:51, edited 2 times in total.

Jamesx
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Jamesx » 07 May 2019, 22:15

I played on clean install both of times and I think it really can be happend because I sell the bones!! I forgot about them actually)) the problem is that I always try to fully clean each region before I travel to next one. So I clean all daungeons, killing all archers, mages and ofc selling the bones, and then go to the next region and meet the angry guards. It's hard to understand which of my actions in Free Heaven can caused this mess..but I thought it was because of those archers, idk why)))) so... Last time I investigated this and tried to find what i did wrong, I kill a few archers and then I sell this damn bones again)))) Unfortunately I rewrote my save just after selling, right behind the buyer's house, and now I can't check this. :(
Anyway, my reputation is -57 :devil: I was foced to make a lot of donations in the temple to make it rise up to +5 and guards are leave me alone finally)) I tried this before, but it didn't work because I forgot where to find a reputation value and didn't even think that 10-15 danations is not enought to clean my conscience :D Thanks for response and advices it saved my game!!)))

Jamesx
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Jamesx » 07 May 2019, 22:32

Templayer wrote:
Jamesx wrote: Even if you don't do any new sprites (WE WANT DRACOLICHES. At least two of us, GDSpectra and me! And Vampire versions of everything! And Dwarven Liches! Minotaur Liches! :D ), it is great to have you back! (@everyone - Jamesx is the author of a lot of the paperdoll sprites!)
Thanks, I'm glad to see you too!))))
For now I'm just trying to enjoy the game with mod and finally finish all continents with one party...Enroth is first :D :D
It's harder then I expected - I tried it many times before, but I don't have enough patience to complete all))))))
What about drakoliches and dwarven liches.. if we had them as playable characters in one of the mm6-8 game it wouldn't be big a problem. But we have not(( Even if I try to find a 3d model of bone dragon it will be much different from existing characters. Dwarven liches is much easier I think... we can use the regular human heads for them, just need a new bodies.. I'll think about it)) ;)

Return to “Might and Magic”