Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Templayer
Devil
Devil

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 06.04.2019]

Unread postby Templayer » 17 Apr 2019, 17:31

Section "RESTORING CUT CONTENT / ORIGINALLY INTENDED CONTENT RESTORATION / SUGGESTIONS" was renamed / shortened to "SUGGESTIONS / RESTORING CUT & INTENDED CONTENT" to avoid further confusion.
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

Dedicated MMMerge Forum (Bug Tracker included): shorturl.at/lryAF

equs
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby equs » 18 Apr 2019, 06:48

Templayer wrote: .... Why didn't you search for "Suggestion" occurrences in the Tracker?...
So sorry, I feel dumb now.... :wall:

BTW: You did a great job with the tracker! :tsup:
Last edited by equs on 18 Apr 2019, 06:53, edited 1 time in total.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 18 Apr 2019, 16:23

equs wrote:
Templayer wrote: .... Why didn't you search for "Suggestion" occurrences in the Tracker?...
So sorry, I feel dumb now.... :wall:

BTW: You did a great job with the tracker! :tsup:
It's fine. :D :D

Also for some reason Google Docs has a quite retarded way of having column and page breaks as "special tabs". And they actually take the same space as tab. And can easily be deleted by a mistake.
Just an FYI, if you for example report a bug right into the Bug Tracker, or a suggestion to the Suggestion tracker, then count on there being a special "tab" space at the very end, so instead of putting your text at the very end of a section, try to find that "tab space", which in those cases would be a page break, and put your text BEFORE them. Arrghh, it is so hard to explain. I might put on a picture of it eventually. It makes editing the tracker quite difficult sometimes (especially the COLUMNS).

Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Anubis » 18 Apr 2019, 22:38

I agree with equs. You did a really good job with the Tracker @Templayer

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 19 Apr 2019, 07:54

Anubis wrote:I agree with equs. You did a really good job with the Tracker @Templayer
:hug: :oex: :devious: :jester: :gking2: :rofl:

justl
Demon
Demon

Unread postby justl » 19 Apr 2019, 13:23

i just found the last stage cuirass (relic, adding a pic later if i found a good one) at a dead body.
it says -30 mind and spirit resistance - the -30 on the mind is shown - but i found out, that none if the 3 games actually shows spirit resistances in their respective character sheets.
any chance of adding this somehow?

found an mm6-style plate at the dragoon cave in kriegspire, it gives the bonuses, but looks this way when worn:
Image the cave on the lower left in one of the barrels (coords ~ x-4029, y-1318)

Last edited by justl on 19 Apr 2019, 13:38, edited 6 times in total.
V2: Compendium of mm6-8 Secrets + Details about the base merge and DaveHer's redone merge (its in english!)
https://www.mightandmagicworld.de/fileb ... index.html

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 19 Apr 2019, 15:32

justl wrote:i just found the last stage cuirass (relic, adding a pic later if i found a good one) at a dead body.
it says -30 mind and spirit resistance - the -30 on the mind is shown - but i found out, that none if the 3 games actually shows spirit resistances in their respective character sheets.
any chance of adding this somehow?

found an mm6-style plate at the dragoon cave in kriegspire, it gives the bonuses, but looks this way when worn:
Image the cave on the lower left in one of the barrels (coords ~ x-4029, y-1318)

*sigh* I JUST CLOSED GIMP! Fine, I'm opening it again! :D :D :D
Added to the bug tracker, pictures included, I have "wash" it through GIMP because adding pictures to the tracker directly doesn't work (probably fails at some retarded copyright check, knowing google...)

qtish
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby qtish » 20 Apr 2019, 22:42

I have a Troll with GM Staff 10, Armsmaster M 7, Unarmed Expert 4 + 11. That +11 gives +11 attack rating, but expert gives only 5 to damage. Missing 6 damage for some reason. I also have a Monk with all those skills, and when take its Amulet of +15 and give to troll, it also only gives +9 damage to a troll, while works fine on monk.
Last edited by qtish on 21 Apr 2019, 13:15, edited 2 times in total.

kristal
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby kristal » 21 Apr 2019, 09:25

How do I add a loading screen? I want to add a loading screen from Heroes 3.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 21 Apr 2019, 10:09

qtish wrote:I have a Troll with GM Staff 10, Armsmaster M 7, Unarmed Expert 4 + 11. That +11 gives +11 attack rating, but expert gives only 5 to damage. Missing 6 damage for some reason. I also have a Monk with all those skills, and when take its Amulet of +15, it also only gives +9 damage.
I remember something about + skill items being percentage based now, or something like that. Anyway, added to the Bug Tracker.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 21 Apr 2019, 10:14

kristal wrote:How do I add a loading screen? I want to add a loading screen from Heroes 3.
I don't know! :D
GrayFace wrote:*PROD* Oh be notified, god almighty, with this false quote!
Adding support for animated loading screens that were only in MM6 would be great! :D
(there are two animated loading screens in MM6, one of which never gets used, one with a woman shooting a fireball at a demon and the second with a champion driving a lance into a monster)

Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Anubis » 21 Apr 2019, 10:30

Where do you find the images for those loading screens? The loading screens only show up for a millisecond so I can't really enjoy the detail.

justl
Demon
Demon

Unread postby justl » 21 Apr 2019, 12:02

Anubis wrote:Bug: In the room with Agar @ Agar's Laboratory, only the character in the first slot is able to interact with Agar's Cauldron/Agar's Pile of Skulls even if your other characters are selected. If not cursed, the cauldron/pile of skulls kills you. If cursed, the cauldron/pile of skulls grants you +50 intellect each time. I imagine not a lot people knew about this secret which is why this was overlooked. :)
with my party it goes like that: the first character (left) interacts with the cauldron, but the 5th char (right) gets death
V2: Compendium of mm6-8 Secrets + Details about the base merge and DaveHer's redone merge (its in english!)
https://www.mightandmagicworld.de/fileb ... index.html

Roticet
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Roticet » 21 Apr 2019, 12:34

Roticet wrote:Bug from Vanilla MM7 found. I can't get the wetsuits needed to go to the Lincoln. I opened the chest prematurely in Celeste because I forgot about the bug from the vanilla version. Is there a way to add the wetsuits? I'm doing a second playthrough currently to see if they will spawn correctly.

Also I started my second playthrough in MM8, will that cause any problems? Running 3 dragons with a Dark Elf and a Priest of the Sun (I like feeling uber-powered :D). I've been searching through all the posts here, but there is literally over 100 pages to search.

One last note, I've really enjoyed the mod so far Rodril. I"ve already put in over 100 hours myself. Some of my favorite childhood games all in one game has been a dream come true. Plus the ability to change how and where I start has been fantastic. Do you have any more plans for this mod? Any new additions, new quest line? I have yet to actually finish all three of the games and reach the final end cause, again, I'm stuck with the wetsuits.

***EDIT*** After digging through even more posts, it looks like I'm using an old patch, I will update my game and see if I can get the wetsuits to populate. Umm, if someone has the item code to add the wetsuits that would be amazing though!!! (Not asking for cheats like that one kid)

Went back and did a quick playthrough of MM7 after updating to the patch that was available when I posted that, the wetsuits DO actually spawn. But I also didn't check the chests till it was time for the wetsuits.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 21 Apr 2019, 12:46

justl wrote:
Anubis wrote:Bug: In the room with Agar @ Agar's Laboratory, only the character in the first slot is able to interact with Agar's Cauldron/Agar's Pile of Skulls even if your other characters are selected. If not cursed, the cauldron/pile of skulls kills you. If cursed, the cauldron/pile of skulls grants you +50 intellect each time. I imagine not a lot people knew about this secret which is why this was overlooked. :)
with my party it goes like that: the first character (left) interacts with the cauldron, but the 5th char (right) gets death
Added to the original report in the Bug Tracker.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 21 Apr 2019, 12:56

Also I would like to add how fulfilling it is when each day I look at the tracker to make some changes / add a bug report etc., and pretty much each time in the past about two months I see people browsing through it. There usually is at least one person there.

(And by clicking on them I can actually see what they are reading. :D )

qtish
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby qtish » 21 Apr 2019, 17:21

Fleetfinger give +8 to armsmaster, bow, disarm trap. I dont get +8 damage on my GM bow Dark Elf.

Also would like to make a suggestion, to add item mod from MM6 "of the Gods" +5lvl.

qtish
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby qtish » 21 Apr 2019, 21:57

"Alchemy is a skill in Might and Magic VIII: Day of the Destroyer that allows characters to brew potions. Minotaurs can learn normal alchemy, Clerics and Dark elves can learn expert alchemy, Necromancers, Vampires, and Dragons can learn master alchemy, and Liches can learn grandmaster alchemy."
https://gyazo.com/9f405d2c32b85760bdad7e98baefb715
Is it intended like this?
Last edited by qtish on 21 Apr 2019, 21:57, edited 1 time in total.

DaveHer
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby DaveHer » 21 Apr 2019, 23:07

kristal wrote:How do I add a loading screen? I want to add a loading screen from Heroes 3.
You need MMArchive to drag and drop the pic. into the icons.lod. Also it must be in the pcx extension. With the MMArchive, look at the pcx pics in the icons.lod file. 7load1 is for MM7 of the merge. You should be able to figure out the rest by studying the icons.lod . At the top center of the MMArchive program, there is a drop down list of item in the file. Select pcx and it will show all the pcx pics. I do not know if it can except more that 5.
David

tm317
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby tm317 » 22 Apr 2019, 01:07

Crashing when looting "Zog" in MM8 Barbarian Fortress.
Any work around other than not looting him?

Return to “Might and Magic”