i am new to modding and need help!

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
killeroid356
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

i am new to modding and need help!

Unread postby killeroid356 » 17 Apr 2019, 22:06

hi all, this is my first time posting here so be nice, i have had a cool idea for a mm6 mod where every new save (or something to that accord) has its own randomised set of dungeons (eg goblinwatch could take you to VARN or the sewers could have entrances in new sorpigal, ironfist, etc), like a mm6 randomiser of sorts! but i have never modded any game in my life and have no clue where to start, so any modding tips, tools and tutorials would be much appreciated :)

if this is already being done by someone else i would love a link to see how far they are comming along as this is a cool idea and i dont really care if im the one who does it or someone else
Last edited by killeroid356 on 18 Apr 2019, 22:59, edited 1 time in total.

Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Re: i am new to modding and need help!

Unread postby Anubis » 19 Apr 2019, 05:29

That's a pretty interesting idea. Be hilarious if Wilbur Humphrey was located in Paradise Valley instead of Ironfist or the Master Guild of Water was now located in Eel-Infested Waters instead of Free Haven, lol.
Last edited by Anubis on 19 Apr 2019, 05:29, edited 1 time in total.

killeroid356
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby killeroid356 » 19 Apr 2019, 08:56

yeah, building randomising would be my next addition, if i could figure out some form of options menu :P

another option that might be even harder would be overworld monster randomising, like swap every goblin with an air elemental :3 (that would definitly need to be an extra option cause that would be brutal)

Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Anubis » 21 Apr 2019, 06:40

If anything, I would check out MMExtension and learn how to script in LUA. I would recommend heading over to that thread and seeing if that can even be done at all -- Try to attempt to code it yourself first and then ask someone in there for advice to see if you're going in the right direction or not.

killeroid356
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby killeroid356 » 21 Apr 2019, 09:38

alright, will do, thanks!

Return to “Might and Magic”