Dungeons

Mobile game by Jon Van Caneghem studio VC Mobile Entertainment. Beautiful offspring with Might & Magic touch. All your quests lead to adventure!
Galaad
Vampire
Vampire

Re: Dungeons

Unread postby Galaad » 02 Oct 2018, 10:34

Panda Tar wrote:Cerberus is mainly a good boss if the previous waves did a very good job, leaving him vs 1 or 2 enemies
It's also a counter that works against all-white teams.
Last edited by Galaad on 02 Oct 2018, 10:35, edited 1 time in total.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 02 Oct 2018, 16:46

Yup, as wimfrits said. Chaos Nymph is your 'dispeller' against that abomination. And if you need something to tank, perhaps you may add the dracolich, which sustains damage and can dispel an additional, and sometimes dangerously timed, luck buff.

It's still the most annoying of those battles for me. Because even in death, that thing is gloating merrily at us.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Galaad
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Galaad » 02 Oct 2018, 21:09

My best counter to Draco is Sheitan/Dark Elf combo for the 50% ATK buff.
Chaos Nymph is lovable in offense team, used it for some time. :D

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 11 Jan 2019, 13:38

I had a Lv 1 Mortician Crow defending one of my dungeons and forgot it there! Good that I was checking my dungeons again today, after 2 successful defenses (vs +lv 400 players). :proud:
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

wimfrits
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby wimfrits » 01 Feb 2019, 08:47

His body succumbing to the phoenix's fire, the Lich raises his hand and speaks one last word: "Die!"
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 18 Apr 2019, 17:59

:-D

And who visited me this time? Die, die, die! To my Dungeon 1! :proudirule: Do not underestimate the power of a Fire Giant and some stuff on the other waves which I don't recall properly. :lol:

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 18 Apr 2019, 19:10

:tsup:

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 18 Apr 2019, 19:17

:D

Galaad
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Galaad » 22 Apr 2019, 16:06

Avonu why do you bring wrong dots, it's mana waste, maybe the fight could have turned differently...

Galaad
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Galaad » 22 Apr 2019, 16:08

My current setup for Dgn 5 this week... really good results... :D

Last edited by Galaad on 22 Apr 2019, 16:12, edited 1 time in total.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 22 Apr 2019, 18:29

Like really, Tengu? Wave 1 looks strangely weak. But wave 2 looks quite the opposite. :P
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 22 Apr 2019, 20:49

I think wave 1 is pretty much annoying, with a boosted healer and other 3 boosted damage dealers, backed up but those 2 annoying nymphs. Wave 2 is glass cannon. If 1 doesn't cripple, they'll fall.

Galaad
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Galaad » 22 Apr 2019, 21:01

Pol wrote:Like really, Tengu? Wave 1 looks strangely weak. But wave 2 looks quite the opposite. :P
Gotta give Tengu some love! I also put the Turtle in blue weeks :D
Panda Tar wrote:I think wave 1 is pretty much annoying, with a boosted healer and other 3 boosted damage dealers, backed up but those 2 annoying nymphs. Wave 2 is glass cannon. If 1 doesn't cripple, they'll fall.
Yeah that's pretty much it. If nymphs trigger early this wave is more dangerous than it looks like. Now if only Tengu would cleanse, even partially...

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 22 Apr 2019, 21:23

But it doesn't.

If White Nymph won't trigger early, you are screwed. Been in many similar dungeons. Actually, apart from Tengu, this is a very classical setup. Leaning to healing may works in Silver, not in Gold against the same league.

What got me the most is that I met some good examples of layout 3 - basically almost all units were stunners. Though even there are counter solutions..
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Galaad
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Galaad » 22 Apr 2019, 22:19

I'm retired from competition now but I've ranked 1-2% every week for more than a year and a half and the meta hasn't changed since then. How have you been ranking? You can use support in gold, it works. Best example is Frost Eagle for the mass cleanse.
Last edited by Galaad on 22 Apr 2019, 22:21, edited 1 time in total.

wimfrits
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby wimfrits » 23 Apr 2019, 08:40

Sometimes a healer will completely reset all my carefully dealt damage. Depending on the primed specials I might even target the healer first. Which will be a tough nut in colour weeks.

In other cases it's still a free mana feed. And even a better one in colour weeks :)
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

Galaad
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Galaad » 23 Apr 2019, 09:31

wimfrits wrote:Sometimes a healer will completely reset all my carefully dealt damage. Depending on the primed specials I might even target the healer first. Which will be a tough nut in colour weeks.

In other cases it's still a free mana feed. And even a better one in colour weeks :)
Agreed. Same goes with the more popular butterfly and any other support unit in general. Remember the statue era? It was such a strong defender back then they made it a high VIP reward yet it could still end up as mana feed.

Didn't mean to say this setup is the best you can have -it is not, but as it has been functioning well I thought of sharing it here is all...

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 23 Apr 2019, 10:33

It's a bit gamble, like everything in this game. Butterfly, Technician, Ornithoptere, Bard, Raven are often used but have low HP and can be easily killed or stunned. Which is what I like to do with Nymphs too.

I'm not saying that's bad setup, just that's very clasical and Tengu is its weak point. As you said if Tengu would have cleanse..

With some differences between players level, Tengu can be very useful having good primary dmg vs Blue and stun immunity but if levels are competitive this unit fall behind. This all goes down to times before fatique revolution.

Thanks for sharing! ;)
"We made it!"

Galaad
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Galaad » 23 Apr 2019, 12:11

Pol wrote:With some differences between players level, Tengu can be very useful having good primary dmg vs Blue and stun immunity but if levels are competitive this unit fall behind.
I agree Tengu is a mediocre unit on his own, but the screen above contradicts your statement.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 23 Apr 2019, 15:02

Err, where?
Pol wrote: I'm not saying that's bad setup, just that's very clasical and Tengu is its weak point. As you said if Tengu would have cleanse..
"We made it!"

Return to “Creature Quest”