Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Vinevi
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 09.03.2019]

Unread postby Vinevi » 12 Mar 2019, 18:42

Guess we found a good place where to start building up a stack of guidelines for modding M&M games:
https://mm6.wiki/w/Main_Page
Anerag, who posted here earlier is one of the maintainers, there is also a discord server where you can find other people who contribute and keep the wiki. We talked about turning it into a place for guidelines and I guess everyone is positive about doing so. It looks like it's only about M&M6 which it was, but I think there will be changes and topics regarding all other games are welcome now.
I really like the fact that there are no ads and the design is much more cleaner than on other free wikis.
Last edited by Vinevi on 12 Mar 2019, 18:47, edited 2 times in total.

Echo
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Echo » 12 Mar 2019, 19:23

Aw no finger of death in the merge? D: But but! I loved the sound of it! It was so ominous, I've always missed it in MM8. I even tried to add it total-n00b way to some monster, but it wasn't there :<

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 12 Mar 2019, 19:35

GM Id Monster would be overkill IMO, since only the Ranger and Vampire class get that skill, and it's a large part of the utility of these classes.
Echo wrote:Aw no finger of death in the merge? D: But but! I loved the sound of it! It was so ominous, I've always missed it in MM8. I even tried to add it total-n00b way to some monster, but it wasn't there :<
It's used for Souldrinker now. Scared the shit out of me when I was a kid too >_>
Last edited by Xfing on 12 Mar 2019, 19:36, edited 1 time in total.

Echo
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Echo » 12 Mar 2019, 19:38

It would be really cool if enemies could cast Soulsucker now and dim the screen with that sound blasting away :D

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 12 Mar 2019, 20:49

Well, liches could get it as part of bolster. Dispel magic can get cast, so souldrinker shoudl too. Only single target, instant action spells like Paralyze or Mass Distortion fail when used by monsters.

If Paralyze didn't fail, the last portion of MM8 would be the hardest part of any MM game, as the behemoth lookalikes in the plane between planes are supposed to carry Paralyze.

Echo
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Echo » 12 Mar 2019, 20:52

I'd like it if they did. Would give more value to either stocking up on remove paralysis potions, or scrolls, or capable spellcasters. Then again, I like all the difficulty added to M&M that makes the leveling and item hoarding more rewarding :P

Treesprite17
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Treesprite17 » 12 Mar 2019, 21:58

Hi everyone! I discovered this mod about a week ago, and can I just say how amazed I am at all the work you have done to make this happen. I am so so excited about it and absolutely love the idea of continent hopping!

I have started my game on the MM6 continent, and seek particularly to travel to another one (preferably MM7) as soon as I can. I would really love to do each starting area one after the other, rather than advancing more first in MM6, is this possible? I don't really want to advance much further than where I am now (Ironfist) before I go to the next starting area ideally on another continent so I don't mind a spoiler if its possible :tsup: :)

Thank you in advance and thank you again for such an excellent mod!

Piottor
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Piottor » 12 Mar 2019, 22:39

Treesprite17 wrote:Hi everyone! I discovered this mod about a week ago, and can I just say how amazed I am at all the work you have done to make this happen. I am so so excited about it and absolutely love the idea of continent hopping!

I have started my game on the MM6 continent, and seek particularly to travel to another one (preferably MM7) as soon as I can. I would really love to do each starting area one after the other, rather than advancing more first in MM6, is this possible? I don't really want to advance much further than where I am now (Ironfist) before I go to the next starting area ideally on another continent so I don't mind a spoiler if its possible :tsup: :)

I believe this is not possible, V will only tell you how to move between continents after some time...for me it was time soon after I recieved quest to find "cure" for Slicker Silvertongue, after that just do what V tells you (dont wanna to spoil the new custom lines :) )...

About the earlier talks about Q from Temple ot the Snake I forgot about him...I forgot to report that, he is a joke compared to MM6, since no Finger of Death...I would suggest adding him some other dark magic spell instead to make him atleast somewhat challenging...

About Horn of Ros the HP detection is exactly what it should do...it is relevant to those of us who simply dont want to dumb skill points into Monster ID, I dont think it should be substitute to the high tiered Monster detection, and especially not grandmaster tier, maybe expert would be somewhat ok-ish since many can have expert in that, but gm would kinda reduce utility of those classes that are capable of getting gm...

Also I can confirm the bugged texture at the elevator in Temple of the Snake, there is a black "hole" like thing on one of the sides of elevator when you try to get up :)

Treesprite17
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Treesprite17 » 13 Mar 2019, 10:02

Piottor wrote:
Treesprite17 wrote:Hi everyone! I discovered this mod about a week ago, and can I just say how amazed I am at all the work you have done to make this happen. I am so so excited about it and absolutely love the idea of continent hopping!

I believe this is not possible, V will only tell you how to move between continents after some time...for me it was time soon after I recieved quest to find "cure" for Slicker Silvertongue, after that just do what V tells you (dont wanna to spoil the new custom
Hi Thanks for answering me :) I knew that it was a later quest line to access the other continents but I did hear of hidden passages to the other continents so I was wondering if anyone knew of the earliest one(s) available in MM6 :)

majaczek
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby majaczek » 13 Mar 2019, 12:32

excuse me for repeating myself, but how to use telelocator properly?

Piottor
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Piottor » 13 Mar 2019, 12:50

Treesprite17 wrote: Hi Thanks for answering me :) I knew that it was a later quest line to access the other continents but I did hear of hidden passages to the other continents so I was wondering if anyone knew of the earliest one(s) available in MM6 :)
Not sure if it counts as "hidden passage" but occasionally you can get a big blue-purplish books (forgot the whole name) that when used work as "continent portal", you just pick the one you want to end up in...just note theese books work as scrolls, meaning they are single use only...even when they look like learning books :) And also I dont know if they are just random loot in chests or they were pregenerated, as in whole Enroth I came upon just three of them :)

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 13 Mar 2019, 13:17

Piottor wrote: I believe this is not possible, V will only tell you how to move between continents after some time...for me it was time soon after I recieved quest to find "cure" for Slicker Silvertongue, after that just do what V tells you (dont wanna to spoil the new custom lines :) )...
Actually it is, Piottor is wrong, you can use the secret pathways between them from the start if you wish! The secret ones do not require anything if nothing changed (no casting Dimension Door or Town Gate on a specific spot, etc.).

I know a secret pathway in MM8 - it is located on the very first island of Dagger Wound, the one you spawn on, and can be triggered without anything. You can just start the game and ... "jump right in". *hint hint*
I also know that the ones on the other continents aren't accessible so fast as the one at MM8, but still somewhat early.
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

Dedicated MMMerge Forum (Bug Tracker included): shorturl.at/lryAF

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine.

Unread postby Templayer » 13 Mar 2019, 13:27

Templayer wrote:
Rodril wrote: The Words of a God
Forever may He be praised, as He shall deliver us from Kreegans in Ubisoft, into Celeste of Enroth! He is our Lord and Savior! Behold His Majesty in all His Glory!

Oh, and GrayFace is great too. :D
Templayer wrote:
Daedros wrote: Lmfao. Don't even get me started on the disgrace that is Ubisoft's M&M.
Vile creatures. They shall fall. They follow the Evil Path of Capitalism, giving our beloved franchise to the hands of Mobile Cancer Developers, just because They have offered to do It for Spare Change.

But once our Lord's Work will became known, Our Numbers will be greater than Their Numbers. And Ubisoft will know their mistake.

And Then, the Lord's Work will serve as a Base for Creating Mods, and eventually, a Real Successor to Might and Magic.

Enroth shall be resurrected. To the Pits with Ashan! MARK MY WORDS!
I found this while searching the thread for the info on secret routes in MMMerge. :D :D :D

"Our Numbers will be greater than Their Numbers" <- it's finally happening!! :jester:

Piottor
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Piottor » 13 Mar 2019, 15:57

Templayer wrote:

Piottor wrote: I believe this is not possible, V will only tell you how to move between continents after some time...for me it was time soon after I recieved quest to find "cure" for Slicker Silvertongue, after that just do what V tells you (dont wanna to spoil the new custom lines :) )...
Actually it is, Piottor is wrong, you can use the secret pathways between them from the start if you wish! The secret ones do not require anything if nothing changed (no casting Dimension Door or Town Gate on a specific spot, etc.).

I know a secret pathway in MM8 - it is located on the very first island of Dagger Wound, the one you spawn on, and can be triggered without anything. You can just start the game and ... "jump right in". *hint hint*
I also know that the ones on the other continents aren't accessible so fast as the one at MM8, but still somewhat early.
I am indeed sorry for spreading misinformation then :) theese secret passages are so secret I didnt find a single one yet :D Atleast not in Enroth :) Maybe I just didnt know what to look for :) Not like I overly tried to go to other continents, but I dare say that I think I cleared almost every single map of Enroth atleast once...including all dungeons...there might be few hydras and titans left in Paradise Valley and Hermits Isle, and few eels in Eel Infested Waters so I dont have 100% "exploration"...can you point the way atleast to the map where I should look for one? :)

I also wanted do them in order 6->7->8 :) But since I already beat The Hive and saved Enroth, its okay :D

Oh forgot to say, the traps (moving walls) in The Hive seemed to be "active" from the very start in the rooms before reactor and reactor teleport trap also didnt work as I remember it from MM6...but The Hive is rather easily beaten after the big room its rarely even a challenge even if they worked properly, probably hardest dungeon is VARN or Control Center (if you wanna beat it all and get the Super Goobers certificate message :D)

Mozaki
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Mozaki » 13 Mar 2019, 20:38

Piottor wrote:
Templayer wrote:

I am indeed sorry for spreading misinformation then :) theese secret passages are so secret I didnt find a single one yet :D Atleast not in Enroth :) Maybe I just didnt know what to look for :) Not like I overly tried to go to other continents, but I dare say that I think I cleared almost every single map of Enroth atleast once...including all dungeons...there might be few hydras and titans left in Paradise Valley and Hermits Isle, and few eels in Eel Infested Waters so I dont have 100% "exploration"...can you point the way atleast to the map where I should look for one? :)

I also wanted do them in order 6->7->8 :) But since I already beat The Hive and saved Enroth, its okay :D

Oh forgot to say, the traps (moving walls) in The Hive seemed to be "active" from the very start in the rooms before reactor and reactor teleport trap also didnt work as I remember it from MM6...but The Hive is rather easily beaten after the big room its rarely even a challenge even if they worked properly, probably hardest dungeon is VARN or Control Center (if you wanna beat it all and get the Super Goobers certificate message :D)

I found the passage in MM6 and MM7 (I really think it is... because it's "slightly different" ;-) ) But I don't know how to activate it or whatever loll

For me, the hardest dungeon was Control Center, Varn was really easy (did a trick to don't get any radiations ;-) )

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 13 Mar 2019, 20:44

Mozaki wrote:
Piottor wrote:
Templayer wrote:

I found the passage in MM6 and MM7 (I really think it is... because it's "slightly different" ;-) ) But I don't know how to activate it or whatever loll
If you are referring to the ones that have a "strange presence" around them, just use Town Gate while in the "strange presence". Those I do not consider secret. :)
The real secret pathways require no activation and are offered somewhat earlier than the ones that I think you are referring to. ^_^

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 13 Mar 2019, 20:49

Piottor wrote: Oh forgot to say, the traps (moving walls) in The Hive seemed to be "active" from the very start in the rooms before reactor and reactor teleport trap also didnt work as I remember it from MM6...but The Hive is rather easily beaten after the big room its rarely even a challenge even if they worked properly, probably hardest dungeon is VARN or Control Center (if you wanna beat it all and get the Super Goobers certificate message :D)
Added to the Bug Tracker. Almost forgot to do it, BTW!

By the way I love how anonymous people seeing the Google Docs tracker are given "animal profiles", and occasionally someone becomes a mythical animal. I recently saw an Unicorn in there. xD
Currently there is a Quokka, Walrus and Platypus reading stuff on the tracker. :)

Piottor
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Piottor » 13 Mar 2019, 21:42

Okay so after a while of playing in Antagarich, namely Emerald Isle and Castle Harmondale I noticed a few things...

First thing I noticed is that mobs that had chance to give "extra" loot in forms of rings (rats) did so extremely likely...In Temple of Moon I managed to get half of one inventory filled in with rings, just from rats...

Other thing was that dragon on Emerald Isle didnt have loot aside from gold...I remember spending countless minutes at start of every MM7 gameplay getting an artifact or relic from this dragon via save/load...sometimes even two (we all know the loot body glitch :) )

But I thought that the loot glitch (atleast in my eyes) was limited to Emerald Isle...it was not...

In castle Harmondale I got so much loot from goblins (random armors, weapons, amulets and rings) , rats (rings) and bats (rings) that it aint even funny...check out the images provided in a link ( https://imgur.com/a/yc0rUWh ), all these items you see on the images are looted from corpses and trash heaps only, no items except for alchemy reagents and gold were looted from castle chests...I think this should get adressed as it gives extreme advantage when your starting continent is Antagarich :)

Edit: Im sorry for rather bad quality of photos, they were done by phone as I dont know if GoG even has some screenshot mechanic/system...tried many keys but neither really saved a screenshot anywhere :D

Also a bug hit me on my way to Harmondale from Emerald Isle - all skills in armors were reduced by one mastery tier - my Champion went from GM Plate to Master, my Hero went from Master Plate to Expert, my Master wizzard went from Expert Leather to normal, my Master archer went from GM Chain to Master and my High Priest went from Expert Chain to normal...Shield mastery tiers were not changed...
Last edited by Piottor on 14 Mar 2019, 00:26, edited 1 time in total.

Mozaki
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Mozaki » 13 Mar 2019, 22:34

Mozaki wrote: I found the passage in MM6 and MM7 (I really think it is... because it's "slightly different" ;-) ) But I don't know how to activate it or whatever loll
Templayer wrote:If you are referring to the ones that have a "strange presence" around them, just use Town Gate while in the "strange presence". Those I do not consider secret. :)
The real secret pathways require no activation and are offered somewhat earlier than the ones that I think you are referring to. ^_^
Thx for the advice loll, it worked ;-)
Now I need to find the "secrets ones" ;-)

Vetrinus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Vetrinus » 13 Mar 2019, 22:39

Templayer wrote:If you are referring to the ones that have a "strange presence" around them, just use Town Gate while in the "strange presence". Those I do not consider secret. :)
Wait, what?
Since when are there secret pathways that don't require Town Portal? I know there used to be six points of "high magical presence" across all three continents... has this changed?

Return to “Might and Magic”