The New Map Archives

Maps and the art of mapmaking.
ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

The New Map Archives

Unread postby ByteBandit » 08 Nov 2009, 20:15

We have changed the Map Archives around a bit. Many people did'nt like the fact that there were so many groups, so I have decided to do something about it. I have combined HoMM3 Map Archives I, II and III into one Archive and HoMM3 Map Archives IV, V and VI into another.
Along with that, I have added some more utilities and hundreds of maps I found from H3 Trio and Astral Wizard that had never been released for many years.
I have also arranged the maps alphabetically through folders, making it easier to navigate in the files section, instead of waiting and waiting for the pages to load. I have also found more documentations (Around 200) for maps that never had them before.
I have combined Campaign Archives I and II into one Archive as well as the WoG Archives.
And with the HoMM2 Archives, they are also alphabetically arranged with separate folders.
Instead of having 11 group sites, we now have 5! I could'nt reduce the amount of sites anymore since they are pretty much full as they stand now.
So, bottom line here is, less registration, more maps and utilities than before. It should make things easier for those who like to play custom maps from HoMM1 to HoMM3 now.
Here are the sites:

HoMM3 Maps A - L

HoMM3 Maps M - Z and HoMM3 Tools

All Campaigns and RMG Texts

WoG Maps and Tools

HoMM2 and HoMM1 Maps

Translated HoMM3 Maps

HoMM3/WoG Files

I don't know how Pol feels about it, but I have no plans on making a Heroes IV or HV Archive in the immediate or near future. And for a simple reason. H4 and H5 maps can be found here at CH as well as other major map sites. Pretty much everything I have for H4 (Except for maps I made) I got from sites that plan to be around for quite a while. I don't have H5 yet, but from what I can gather, everything for it can be gathered from just about everywhere you can imagne.

Justas
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Justas » 04 Jun 2011, 11:18

Could you upload to zippyshare.com or something like that please? :hoo:

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 04 Jun 2011, 14:29

Nope, it would be too big. Just pick yourself what you would like.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Magelord
Peasant
Peasant

Re: The New Map Archives

Unread postby Magelord » 20 Aug 2015, 11:48

WOW, That's a lot of work! Thank you! And Astral Wizard maps as well! Who knew any of that was still out there. @.@

coscod
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby coscod » 12 Oct 2018, 16:09

sorry,can u tell me how to make work a new downloaded map theat i have,i v copy the map in maps,i can find the map in the game but when i acces it say a lot of stuff are not loading

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 12 Oct 2018, 20:38

What map do you got and in what version of the game are you trying to run it? Maps folder is right.

Edit1
Damn, what is Oath technologies?

That last link was fixed partially on our new pages
Last edited by Pol on 12 Oct 2018, 21:16, edited 1 time in total.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 04 Mar 2019, 22:44

It's been a while since I visited the Map Archives I started. A little less than ten years to be more exact. Looks like the Campaign Archives are gone except for the RMG's. Don't understand why it says things are infested with Malware. When I uploaded them they were clean. It's a good thing I kept them all on a Compact Disc then I guess. Maybe someday I'll set them up somewhere else more stable and reliable. Same goes for all the maps and the WoG and H2 stuff. But it seems the other sites other than the campaigns are okay.
Sometimes life has precedent over gaming. I'm just glad to be alive.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 05 Mar 2019, 00:15

"We made it!"

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 05 Mar 2019, 07:02

DL'ing Camps still shows the site is messed up. Malware. Weird. It's all good. I have all of them anyway.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 05 Mar 2019, 21:09

Bummer, you are right. Was looking a bit over net for yahoo support and experience and they practically dropped them. Perhaps we should move somewhere else, before also other groups disappear. Campaigns archive is corrupted, it doesn't appear that you can download any file now. :(
"We made it!"

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 05 Mar 2019, 22:29

Suppose I could upload them here. All the Maps too. Put them up somewhere on this site. Make it bigger than Maps4Heroes, eh? :D
Geez, it's just a lot of work though. Spring is coming in my part of the world. My wife & I will not want to be inside the house from Spring to late fall. We ride our 10 speeds all over Gods creation. In other words, I would do this next winter when her & I are hunkered down and can't get out.
I have like 170 Campaigns, I think.
Over 2200 maps maybe more.
All go good with HotA.

Return to “Mapmaking Guild”