Might and magic II Gates to another world editor

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
zombo
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Might and magic II Gates to another world editor

Unread postby zombo » 21 Feb 2019, 17:57

Hey folks, I'm a long time might and magic fan. I've played 1-3 on the NES, snes and genesis. I haven't played 4-10, heroes nor crusaders. I'm a completionist and I want to finish the first 3 before playing the rest.
Many years ago I bought a copy of Ultimate Might and magic archives for my old windows 98 pc. I never found the time to play it. Well recently I found my old disc and got it up and running on my windows 7 laptop through DOSBox. I wanted to find a trainer or editor to speed things up a bit. I found one for mm1 and I'm almost through the game but I can't find anything for Mm2. I found the editor for mm1 on gog forums.
I remember back in the day I had an old program on my pc called UGE (Universal game editor) and there were modules that you could use for most of the old rpgs. But that program has been lost in the sands of time lol.
So my question is, do you folks know where I can get a trainer or editor for Mm2? Or UGE and a module for Mm2? Thank you friends any assistance or advice will be greatly appreciated.

zombo
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Might and magic II Gates to another world editor

Unread postby zombo » 25 Feb 2019, 18:35

Hey guys, I guess sometimes silence is the best answer. I kept wondering why none of our community ever responded to my original question so I began reading up on mm2 and discovered that in the game itself existed many ways to really beef up your party. So I guess that's what you guys were attempting to communicate to me.
So I guess maybe there never was a trainer or editor?
P. S. Oh, by the way I asked a question similar to this on gamehacking.org and I learned through talking to a gentleman by the name of Tony Hedstrom that the author of UGE, a man by the name of Jack Hartman, may have passed away several years ago. It seems as though he went by the screen name Ugetab on their forums and I found a link to an old angelfire web page of his.
Well buried deeply on page 2 he had a link to the original UGE program complete with the registration key and 2 modules.
Neither were for Mm2 but at least it's a start. I am attempting to collect all of the the old modules of which at one time there were 27 and then also collect all of the ones people have made since then and preserve them and share them with anyone who may want to try them.

Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Anubis » 25 Feb 2019, 19:01

https://www.gog.com/forum/might_and_mag ... nformation

Is this what you're talking about? I just googled out of curiousity and found that. I've only ever played MM6 and up. I'll probably play 1-5 from GOG someday.

zombo
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby zombo » 27 Feb 2019, 17:30

Anubis wrote:https://www.gog.com/forum/might_and_mag ... nformation

Is this what you're talking about? I just googled out of curiousity and found that. I've only ever played MM6 and up. I'll probably play 1-5 from GOG someday.
Not exactly, but thank you for the link anyhow Anubis. Editing the roster data as he explains in that link is one way to accomplish what Im looking for but I never have tried hex editing and it would be a long, slow process learning how to hex edit to eventually be able to change in game values.
But just as I had found an actual save game editor for MM1, I was hoping there would be such a tool for MM2. I know someone made one in the past but I could not find one.
However, I did find this SUPER COOL auto mapping program for MM1-5, Wizardry 1-5 and Bards Tale 1-3! Just so happens that its also a save game, character editor/ trainer! It does Everything I was looking for and then some.
https://www.eskimo.com/~edv/lockscroll/WhereAreWe/

Return to “Might and Magic”