MM 8 skills perception/id item(monster)

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Captincrunsh
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

MM 8 skills perception/id item(monster)

Unread postby Captincrunsh » 15 Feb 2019, 10:59

Hi
i wanted to ask how much points do i need in perception (on a darkelf) and id item (on a necro) to have the maximum effect (needed) since they can´t get gm in those skills (party will be 2 darkelfs,1 necro, 1 cleric, and 1 knight)

i want to be able to see every hidden door/switch with perception (it´s my first playthrough so i don´t know them ^^)
or does wizards eye on gm shows hidden doors/switches ? guess not would be pretty op to have a gm skill with just one spell

and i want to be able to identify almost all items, maybe someone knows some breakpoints like: with master id item at lvl 8/9/10/11... you can identify everything excep the highest relics/artifacts

id monster would be a bonus but "ehh" not that important ^^

infos on how high you need these skills for their max. effect with only MASTERING them would be nice to have, no i don´t want to have a identifier in my inn and switch all the time to identify my items

since i´m kinda min-max stuff like that exact numbers would be nice to have
Last edited by Captincrunsh on 15 Feb 2019, 13:21, edited 1 time in total.

Tress
Succubus
Succubus

Re: MM 8 skills perception/id item(monster)

Unread postby Tress » 15 Feb 2019, 13:52

Disarm and Perception values for (i think) hardest dungeon - estacon crystal was 40 .
Master triples skill so you would need 14 (including items , so base 10 + 10 item or similar) to pass those values.
Dont remember what was value for ID artifacts but probably around same value.
Edit : Artifact ID/Repair value was 30, so master x 10 , which is kinda odd to have GM at all.
Last edited by Tress on 15 Feb 2019, 13:57, edited 2 times in total.

Captincrunsh
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Captincrunsh » 15 Feb 2019, 17:04

thanks alot
that´s something i can work with ^^

so there is the possibility to get a magic item rolled with +4/5/6... to perception (or other skills)
how does it get applied ?
skill lvl 10 + master = 30 skill lvl + item bonus 5 = 35 effectiv skill lvl (just the cherry on top)
skill lvl 10 + item bonus 5 + master = 45 effectiv skill lvl (very felxible skill lvl)

Tress
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby Tress » 16 Feb 2019, 08:08

Only base skill is multiplied I think so "skill lvl 10 + master = 30 skill lvl + item bonus 5 = 35 effectiv skill lvl (just the cherry on top)"
So you would need rank 10 master and +10 skill item to reach 40 threshold. What i dont remember though is if those skill bonuses stacked from several items.

Return to “Might and Magic”