Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Templayer
Devil
Devil

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine.

Unread postby Templayer » 24 Jan 2019, 21:42

Rodril wrote:You can reapply latest update, but i'm sure problem somewhere in installation. Make sure "Read only" flags are not set, path to the game folder does not contain non english letters, and game is not installed in Program files folder. Install patch you've downloaded from my link, then extract MMExtension and MMEditor, apply latest upddate after (i assume merged game files are already there).

I've made some very minor changes, but don't remember what, i got ill too suddenly. Maybe skill teachers will name both possible promotions now, and boy messenger will give letter about scavenger hunt in Harmondale too. I've spent more time on tech side, for example now it is possible to get list of monsters in party's sight and directly show spell effect on specific monster.

I've looked at pillars. I don't know. I have very bad taste in terms of graphics, anything i am not accustomed to makes me terryfied. Interface repainting looks like too hard task at the moment.
Thanks for caring. I might try that tomorrow. The path is H:\Might and Magic MERGE - The World of Enroth. Also the file system is FAT32 (I did take a look and found no single files over 3.9 GB, so that shouldn't be a problem unless there is supposed to be one). Program Files is not a problematic folder on my PC, since I have completely removed UAC from my Win7, and I have it working the same way my WinXP dual-booted system is - having full rights to everything unless otherwise specified (and not the other way around which is the standard from Vista onwards...). No more "Run as Administrator"!

Those pillars would of course had to be turnable off. Don't be terrified of them. :(

"Maybe skill teachers will name both possible promotions now, and boy messenger will give letter about scavenger hunt in Harmondale too. I've spent more time on tech side, for example now it is possible to get list of monsters in party's sight and directly show spell effect on specific monster."

Holy sh*t, that's cool! I agree on the information about the scavenger hunt being told in Harmondale instead of just Erathia (which was the way until now I think?), because way too many people were asking how to get to the Emerald Island.
Also you can show a spell effect on a specific monster GRAPHICALLY? If that is the case, then holy crap, that opens some very nice avenues! I wish Undead Abilities were a skill so that I could Mass Age enemies. And make a mod that adds a beard to a monster afflicted with the Age spell. :D :D :D
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

Dedicated MMMerge Forum (Bug Tracker included): shorturl.at/lryAF

tm317
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby tm317 » 25 Jan 2019, 01:36

Great mod!

Are there still traps on chests in the game?
I'm a few dungeons in on MM6 and haven't run into any yet.

lightbringer23
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby lightbringer23 » 25 Jan 2019, 02:25

Welcome back Rodril! Here's hoping for a speedy recovery.

I'm experiencing an odd bug that I can't quite pin down. On some characters, but not others, armor items do not increase the armor class when they should.

Items like gauntlets and boots are not increasing AC, unless perhaps I take off the body armor. But when I put the body armor back on, the AC is as if I didn't upgrade the gauntlets or boots. It's as though there's an invisible cap -- though that's probably a red herring. Those same gloves or boots WILL upgrade the AC of the leather wearer next door, but not the chain or plate wearer nearby. Oh, but it will upgrade the chain wearer at the end. As I said, tough to isolate.

Anybody else experiencing anything remotely similar?

lightbringer23
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby lightbringer23 » 25 Jan 2019, 05:38

lightbringer23 wrote:Welcome back Rodril! Here's hoping for a speedy recovery.

I'm experiencing an odd bug that I can't quite pin down. On some characters, but not others, armor items do not increase the armor class when they should.

Items like gauntlets and boots are not increasing AC, unless perhaps I take off the body armor. But when I put the body armor back on, the AC is as if I didn't upgrade the gauntlets or boots. It's as though there's an invisible cap -- though that's probably a red herring. Those same gloves or boots WILL upgrade the AC of the leather wearer next door, but not the chain or plate wearer nearby. Oh, but it will upgrade the chain wearer at the end. As I said, tough to isolate.

I was able to narrow it down a little further. When a character is wearing chain or plate, I can't seem to raise my AC above a certain point (and that point is different on different characters) via gauntlets or boots.

Putting leather on that character allows the AC to be fully improved.

Wearing no armor allows the AC to be fully improved.

Wearing chain or plate, then removing a boot or gauntlet completely reduces my AC by only a point or two (when removing a 6-8 point AC item).

Upgrading the chest armor on a chain or plate wearer also seems to run into this cap.

It does appear as though there is a cap on AC when wearing chain or plate. It is possible that the cap exists with leather armor too, but the low AC of leather means I haven't reached it yet.

lightbringer23
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby lightbringer23 » 25 Jan 2019, 08:54

lightbringer23 wrote:

I was able to narrow it down a little further. When a character is wearing chain or plate, I can't seem to raise my AC above a certain point (and that point is different on different characters) via gauntlets or boots.

Putting leather on that character allows the AC to be fully improved.

Wearing no armor allows the AC to be fully improved.

Wearing chain or plate, then removing a boot or gauntlet completely reduces my AC by only a point or two (when removing a 6-8 point AC item).

Upgrading the chest armor on a chain or plate wearer also seems to run into this cap.

It does appear as though there is a cap on AC when wearing chain or plate. It is possible that the cap exists with leather armor too, but the low AC of leather means I haven't reached it yet.

I can confirm that the problem also occurs with leather armor, too. I just hadn't reached a high enough AC with my leather character yet. The cap varies per character, and is in the upper 70s to low 80s.

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Rodril » 25 Jan 2019, 14:01

lightbringer23 wrote:I can confirm that the problem also occurs with leather armor, too. I just hadn't reached a high enough AC with my leather character yet. The cap varies per character, and is in the upper 70s to low 80s.
I've added quickfix for this, thank you. Problem was in "NPCFollowersSkills.lua" script from "Scripts\Global" folder. Reapply latest update or just this script.

lightbringer23
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby lightbringer23 » 25 Jan 2019, 19:16

Thanks, Rodril! That fixed it. :)

lightbringer23
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby lightbringer23 » 25 Jan 2019, 19:18

Wow! I've been promoted on the forums from Leprechaun to Galactic Gargle Blaster! Seems Mostly Harmless :P
Edit: aaand, then it went away.
"I have dreamed a dream. But now that dream is gone from me." -- Either Morpheus or Daniel, YMMV
Last edited by lightbringer23 on 25 Jan 2019, 19:22, edited 1 time in total.

Milky1988
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Milky1988 » 25 Jan 2019, 19:32

AHhhh! Thanks for that update Rodril, now my armor class increases when I equip rings etc.!
Great.

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Rodril » 25 Jan 2019, 20:15

qtish wrote:5. Find a solution for a dark magic caster in MM6 or MM7. Creating a character, choosing light didnt have that possibility, had to migrate to Jadame to hire necromancer there.
I'm thinking to solve it this way: few NPC in Enroth will offer class swap: by talking with them Priest of Light can become Priest of Dark, Archmage - Dark Archmage, etc. Same for Hero - Villain and Master Archer - Sniper pairs. For all of those who use dark/light magic.
NPC's offer may look like charming to choose dark side because of it's powers or offer to turn back to light side. Upon swapping all spells of dark/light magic willl be erased, player will get dark/light skill at same level as was previous one, class will be changed to counterpart of original. Character can swap any amount of times, but always all dark/light spells will be erased as a penalty.
It should fix unability to use dark magic at Enroth. What do you think about this approach?

Milky1988
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Milky1988 » 25 Jan 2019, 20:27

Vampire's Cape, Moon cloak and Sun cloak all give error messages when I equip them on my characters and don't display the item at all.
=(

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 25 Jan 2019, 22:25

Rodril wrote:You can reapply latest update, but i'm sure problem somewhere in installation. Make sure "Read only" flags are not set, path to the game folder does not contain non english letters, and game is not installed in Program files folder. Install patch you've downloaded from my link, then extract MMExtension and MMEditor, apply latest upddate after (i assume merged game files are already there).
Got vanilla with GrayFace's patch, then applied MMExtension and MMEditor, then the base Merge (not the latest update) and ... it works. Not with the latest update though - I wanted to try without it first. I'll try with the newest patch tomorrow, it's almost midnight here. I might have screwed previously by copying the editor before the extension, but I refuse to believe I screwed up that much!
Anyway, here's the bugged copy. https://mega.nz/#!x94kQCzT!KGGTBD1Bmpzl ... hHyswVabIo
Since I am once of many that fu*ked up the installation (probably, unless there is another explanation for it), we might need an installer ... and an auto-updater. :D
What is weird about it is that I had a fully working Merge at the start, and replacing files with an update screwed it originally, and then a completely clear and fresh copy had the same problem. The uploaded folder is the fresh copy, not the one that got screwed by the update.
Rodril wrote:
qtish wrote:5. Find a solution for a dark magic caster in MM6 or MM7. Creating a character, choosing light didnt have that possibility, had to migrate to Jadame to hire necromancer there.
I'm thinking to solve it this way: few NPC in Enroth will offer class swap: by talking with them Priest of Light can become Priest of Dark, Archmage - Dark Archmage, etc. Same for Hero - Villain and Master Archer - Sniper pairs. For all of those who use dark/light magic.
NPC's offer may look like charming to choose dark side because of it's powers or offer to turn back to light side. Upon swapping all spells of dark/light magic willl be erased, player will get dark/light skill at same level as was previous one, class will be changed to counterpart of original. Character can swap any amount of times, but always all dark/light spells will be erased as a penalty.
It should fix unability to use dark magic at Enroth. What do you think about this approach?
Why can't we have both light and darkness? I'm going to use the MM6 High Priest class. And if I can't, I'm going to MAKE ONE. :D
I'm not going to add that to the bug tracker since to my knowledge Rodril already fixed it with his latest hotfix. Unless stated otherwise, of course.
Milky1988 wrote:Vampire's Cape, Moon cloak and Sun cloak all give error messages when I equip them on my characters and don't display the item at all.
=(
Because they haven't been repainted for the new paperdolls yet. Where did you get them? (you shouldn't be able to get them until somebody repaints them)
Last edited by Templayer on 25 Jan 2019, 22:27, edited 2 times in total.

Milky1988
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Milky1988 » 25 Jan 2019, 22:44

I got them in-game, in the vampire crypt, the temple of the sun and moon respectively, in Evenmorn Isle. Thanks for the info. That's odd!

lightbringer23
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby lightbringer23 » 26 Jan 2019, 05:44

Templayer wrote:I'm not going to add that to the bug tracker since to my knowledge Rodril already fixed it with his latest hotfix. Unless stated otherwise, of course.
Indeed, it's been fixed :)
Templayer wrote:Because they haven't been repainted for the new paperdolls yet. Where did you get them? (you shouldn't be able to get them until somebody repaints them)
Good to know. I've been replacing the un-repainted mm6&7 icons with MM8 icons. The Vamp, Sun, and Moon cloaks used the MM8 naming scheme in items.txt, so I thought maybe they had been repainted. I'll go ahead and give the Sun Cloak the Archangel Wing's icon for my game then.
Templayer wrote: Why can't we have both light and darkness? I'm going to use the MM6 High Priest class. And if I can't, I'm going to MAKE ONE.

That's the spirit! I gave all skills GM to druid and have been having a blast with all roads open to me. Bolstering plus Echo's map enhancements ensures MM8 (at least) is still quite challenging!

Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Anubis » 26 Jan 2019, 11:34

That seems like a really great idea, Rodril!

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Rodril » 26 Jan 2019, 15:23

Hello. Patch link have been updated, highlights:
1. Introduced mechanic to learn dark spells in Enroth, certain NPC will offer swap class to it's dark counterpart:
Su Lang Manchu, Rebecca Calaway will offer Dark path class swap;
Ki Lo Nee, Virginia Standridge, Marton Ferris will offer Light path class swap.
Pairs able to swap: Priest of Light - Priest of Dark, Archmage - Dark Archmage (new class), Arch Druid - Warlock, Sniper - Master Archer, Hero - Villain.
2. Added graphics for sun cloack, moon cloak, vampire cape; winged boots will be used as graphics fot Hermes' sandals.
3. Minor fixes.
Thank you for reports.
Last edited by Rodril on 26 Jan 2019, 15:24, edited 1 time in total.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 26 Jan 2019, 15:41

Rodril wrote:Hello. Patch link have been updated, highlights:
1. Introduced mechanic to learn dark spells in Enroth, certain NPC will offer swap class to it's dark counterpart:
Su Lang Manchu, Rebecca Calaway will offer Dark path class swap;
Ki Lo Nee, Virginia Standridge, Marton Ferris will offer Light path class swap.
Pairs able to swap: Priest of Light - Priest of Dark, Archmage - Dark Archmage (new class), Arch Druid - Warlock, Sniper - Master Archer, Hero - Villain.
2. Added graphics for sun cloack, moon cloak, vampire cape; winged boots will be used as graphics fot Hermes' sandals.
3. Minor fixes.
Thank you for reports.
Thank YOU for your effort!

Could I ask for which bugs to remove from the tracker?
And new repaints item IDs so that I can printscreen them and then add them to the paint tracker. :P

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Rodril » 26 Jan 2019, 15:44

Item Ids are: 1349 - Sun Cloak, 1350 - Moon Cloak, 1352 - Vampire's Cape.
I'll write down bugs a bit later.

Milky1988
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Milky1988 » 26 Jan 2019, 16:12

Thanks very much Rodril!

jester
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby jester » 26 Jan 2019, 17:31

I'm sorry, but I stuck with last quest. I have only this message from Verdant, and no any new quest. Don't know what to do. ((

UPD

Oh, and I've found one more bug: can't place a statuette at Kriegspire's pedestal
Last edited by jester on 26 Jan 2019, 17:36, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Might and Magic”