Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
spawnsen
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine.

Unread postby spawnsen » 07 Nov 2018, 10:30

Thanks for the explanation :tsup:

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 07 Nov 2018, 16:37

Daedros wrote:
spawnsen wrote:I encountered some odd bugs while stacking the effects of artifacts/relics:

1. Not sure if thats a bug but the extra skill points you get via items increase if your learned skill gets higher. My Lich with Dark Magic 26 for example gets +12 extra skill by a "of darkness" ring while my Priest of the Dark with Dark Magic 28 gets +13 off the same ring. Im pretty sure the same ring only gave +5 skill points at the beginning (when my chars had dark magic 10).

2. Apparently something around +38 is the max boni you can get off items before they turn negative! My Lich has 3 items which give a total bonus of 38 on Dark Magic. If I want to add another artifact/relic which boosts dark magic, the bonus "flips" and becomes -17. The same happens with my Priest: Here the bonus changes from +26 to -25. This isnt just a display error either. My dragons breath now hits for 1 dmg with Dark Magic 26 (-25). I couldnt test yet if this happens with other skills as well.
Gear that increases your Magic skills, give +50% of your current skill. 10 Dark skill becomes 15 when wearing an item "of the Dark". 40 skill becomes 60 when wearing such an item. All skills max out at 60, trying to go over that with gear gives the negative skill bug. The effects of these items stack. A Lich with 30 Dark Magic skill wearing a single "of the Dark" item goes up to 45 skill. That same Lich with 30 Dark Magic skill wearing two pieces "of the Dark", goes up to 60 Dark Magic skill, the max. Wearing a third item "of the Dark", would take that Lich over into the negatives.

Gear that gives a flat +Skill though, like a Ring with +12 Unarmed skill, does not scale according to your current level, it's just a flat amount. I get my Monk char up to 38 real Unarmed and Dodging skill, then equip a +12 Unarmed and +12 Dodging Rings, then Hands of the Master (which give +10 Unarmed/+10 Dodging) and he's up to 60 Unarmed/Dodging skill, the max.

+Skill items like Unarmed, Dodging and Armsmaster max out at +12 per item, while items with Alchemy, Disarm Trap, ID Item, or ID Monster max out at +25 per item.

For my main Lich (Vetrinus Taleshire), i go with real 30 Dark, then 40 Water, and 10+ with the other Elemental skills. He wears the Crown of Final Dominion (+Dark), Ethric's Staff (+Dark, +15 Meditation), and Morgan (+Fire, +Air, +Water, +Earth).
Overflow glitch added to the bug tracker.
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

Dedicated MMMerge Forum (Bug Tracker included): shorturl.at/lryAF

spawnsen
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby spawnsen » 08 Nov 2018, 15:22

When I am at the "world-travelling-locations" (Pedelstal at Dragon Sand, Water Guild at Evenmorn, Stone Circle at Murmurwoods) instead of a message telling me to use Town Portal I get a message reading somethin like "Your Copy of Might and Magic ist invalid. Please activate it with a valid key". A friend of mine who is testing the merge mod got the same error as well. The "contintent hopping" via Town Portal works though, it's just really confusing.

Suggestion: Can we track the Inns where the game of ArcoMage has been won already? Might and Magic 8 did this IIRC but now it just lists the total wins and losses. It gets really hard to track manually where you have already won, especially if you play on jadame and anatagarich simultaneously.

Also the drop rate for belts, cloaks, boots and helmets is quite low but I guess this is just due to the fact that most belts, cloaks, boots and helmets from MM6 and MM7 havent been added yet. So this issue should vanish once this gets done.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 08 Nov 2018, 16:34

spawnsen wrote:When I am at the "world-travelling-locations" (Pedelstal at Dragon Sand, Water Guild at Evenmorn, Stone Circle at Murmurwoods) instead of a message telling me to use Town Portal I get a message reading somethin like "Your Copy of Might and Magic ist invalid. Please activate it with a valid key". A friend of mine who is testing the merge mod got the same error as well. The "contintent hopping" via Town Portal works though, it's just really confusing.

Suggestion: Can we track the Inns where the game of ArcoMage has been won already? Might and Magic 8 did this IIRC but now it just lists the total wins and losses. It gets really hard to track manually where you have already won, especially if you play on jadame and anatagarich simultaneously.

Also the drop rate for belts, cloaks, boots and helmets is quite low but I guess this is just due to the fact that most belts, cloaks, boots and helmets from MM6 and MM7 havent been added yet. So this issue should vanish once this gets done.
Drop rates - since weapons and other non-armor items from MM6 and MM7 are available, that would be a yes.

That glitch with copy protection string getting there happened once already and it was fixed. I will add it to the bug tracker nonetheless. Together with the suggestion about arcomage inns wins list. Since this was a vanilla MM8 feature, I'm considering the absence a possible glitch. (Rodril will know more, of course)
Last edited by Templayer on 08 Nov 2018, 16:36, edited 1 time in total.

AllVladin
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby AllVladin » 08 Nov 2018, 17:49

Hi there,

I have one issue, pretty much allready discussed.

I have started MM6 and then after i found the dimension door i decided to start MM7 story to promo my monk. I used the scroll and ended suddenly in Braccada desert with some gryphons attacking. The harmondale doors were locked and there was no way to proceed the story (aka visit the emerald island). How to get ported there please?

Thank you in advance,

All.

Phobos
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Phobos » 08 Nov 2018, 19:05

AllVladin wrote:I have started MM6 and then after i found the dimension door i decided to start MM7 story to promo my monk. I used the scroll and ended suddenly in Braccada desert with some gryphons attacking. The harmondale doors were locked and there was no way to proceed the story (aka visit the emerald island). How to get ported there please?
You'll be able to travel there by boat from Erathia.

CERBOT
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby CERBOT » 08 Nov 2018, 21:48

Templayer wrote:
spawnsen wrote:When I am at the "world-travelling-locations" (Pedelstal at Dragon Sand, Water Guild at Evenmorn, Stone Circle at Murmurwoods) instead of a message telling me to use Town Portal I get a message reading somethin like "Your Copy of Might and Magic ist invalid. Please activate it with a valid key". A friend of mine who is testing the merge mod got the same error as well. The "contintent hopping" via Town Portal works though, it's just really confusing.

Drop rates - since weapons and other non-armor items from MM6 and MM7 are available, that would be a yes.

That glitch with copy protection string getting there happened once already and it was fixed. I will add it to the bug tracker nonetheless. Together with the suggestion about arcomage inns wins list. Since this was a vanilla MM8 feature, I'm considering the absence a possible glitch. (Rodril will know more, of course)
I started in mm6 world and then moved to mm7 and I noticed that in mm6 there's very little tracking in the notes (e. g. teachers or arcomage wins don't get tracked, but in mm7 they both work - need to scroll down in miscellaneous section for the arcomage wins).

spawnsen
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby spawnsen » 08 Nov 2018, 22:20

CERBOT wrote:
Templayer wrote:

I started in mm6 world and then moved to mm7 and I noticed that in mm6 there's very little tracking in the notes (e. g. teachers or arcomage wins don't get tracked, but in mm7 they both work - need to scroll down in miscellaneous section for the arcomage wins).
The arco mage wins were originally listed in the "awards" tab though. Also the miscellaneous section contains some other quest completions that should be in the awards tab as well. Showing the arco mage wins in the miscellaneous section is actually a pretty elegant solution to prevent overcrowding the "awards" tab but right now it seems like a mix up.

Although I chose the Dark Path in MM7, all minions in Celeste are friendly. And I can use the artifacts/relics which should only be usable on the Light Path. The guards in the other major cities are hostile though. A friend of mine chose the Light Patch and the enemys in the Pit are hostile to him. So I dont know if thats a bug that occurs only if you choose the Dark Path or if its just my game.
Last edited by spawnsen on 08 Nov 2018, 22:22, edited 1 time in total.

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 08 Nov 2018, 22:31

I mentioned this a long while ago - yeah, the Awards tab still isn't working fully well, same goes for all the things you listed. I don't think Templayer added them to the tracker, as those were mentioned long before he appeared in the thread. Unfortunately going through 62 pages of a thread can be quite a chore :(

CERBOT
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby CERBOT » 08 Nov 2018, 22:45

Xfing wrote:I mentioned this a long while ago - yeah, the Awards tab still isn't working fully well, same goes for all the things you listed. I don't think Templayer added them to the tracker, as those were mentioned long before he appeared in the thread. Unfortunately going through 62 pages of a thread can be quite a chore :(
Amen to that. I discovered this about a week ago and I'm barely on page 20.

Jamesx
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Jamesx » 08 Nov 2018, 23:29

Hi)
Well, this is it)) :D
What you think?
Have some problems with helmets. I think we should use regular human version for it, because the troll version doesn't fit correctly. If this possible, it would be nice) Also the plate armor is still needed. I'll try to make it for them, but first i want to finish the dolls))
btw chain mail looks great on them!
If someone can make a female version of armor for them it would be great))
Last edited by Jamesx on 08 Nov 2018, 23:32, edited 2 times in total.

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 08 Nov 2018, 23:43

Jamesx wrote:Hi)
Man, this does look great indeed, much better than I expected!

Agreed about human helms, since those will be tons easier to repaint than those very particular looking Troll ones.

As for plate armors and repaints in general, Grayface has done a spectacular job of them, though he's only done unique armors from MM6 and 7 so far. Still, those look beautiful and fit perfectly, so I'm convinced any further armors he'd decide to make would look just as good.

And yeah, those feminine armors will definitely need to be made too. It looks to me like the alterations that need to be made will be rather slight (pretty much the breasts and that's it). Good things dwarves are burly by nature, which also goes for their women. A whole another class of paperdoll will need to be coded though, obviously, since them dwarves will be quite patchwork, using solutions from multiple pre-existing paperdoll types. Still, this has got mad potential IMO!
Last edited by Xfing on 08 Nov 2018, 23:43, edited 1 time in total.

Vetrinus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Vetrinus » 09 Nov 2018, 05:25

spawnsen wrote:
Although I chose the Dark Path in MM7, all minions in Celeste are friendly. And I can use the artifacts/relics which should only be usable on the Light Path. The guards in the other major cities are hostile though. A friend of mine chose the Light Patch and the enemys in the Pit are hostile to him. So I dont know if thats a bug that occurs only if you choose the Dark Path or if its just my game.

I have noticed this too. Celeste was previously hostile to me but, after the latest update, they respawned non-hostile.

Also, if I remember correctly regarding MM8, the sky in Dagger Wound is supposed to clear up and the volcano is supposed to stop erupting when you beat that game. I have beat MM8 long ago but so far this has not happened.

Two questions:
1- Is there a way to shorten respawn times for dungeons? As it stands I have to wait a considerable amount of time before I can go on killing sprees.
2- Is it possible to add to the Merge a way to access The Plane Between Planes and Escaton's Crystal after beating MM8 without the use of Lloyd's Beacon? I would really love to be able to revisit these dungeons.
:beg:

kristal
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby kristal » 09 Nov 2018, 07:23

A few more armors are ready.
https://yadi.sk/d/zd0zCxPcX4AHCQ
@Rodril
A doll of one of the Minotaurs need to raise a little higher.

Kliff
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Kliff » 09 Nov 2018, 13:27

I forget, was Goblinwatch and the Abandoned Temple in New Sorpigal always supposed to have a few very out-of-depth items available in chests at the end? Like, every time I've done them I've gotten about three, two from Goblinwatch and one from the Temple - this latest time I snagged a set of Siertal Chainmail from the Temple, in fact.

Was this always the case in base M&M6?

Phobos
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Phobos » 09 Nov 2018, 13:31

Kliff wrote:I forget, was Goblinwatch and the Abandoned Temple in New Sorpigal always supposed to have a few very out-of-depth items available in chests at the end? Like, every time I've done them I've gotten about three, two from Goblinwatch and one from the Temple - this latest time I snagged a set of Siertal Chainmail from the Temple, in fact.

The items at the very end are meant to be of good quality, as a reward. I don't know what item level they are meant to be though.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 09 Nov 2018, 18:44

spawnsen wrote:
CERBOT wrote: I started in mm6 world and then moved to mm7 and I noticed that in mm6 there's very little tracking in the notes (e. g. teachers or arcomage wins don't get tracked, but in mm7 they both work - need to scroll down in miscellaneous section for the arcomage wins).
The arco mage wins were originally listed in the "awards" tab though. Also the miscellaneous section contains some other quest completions that should be in the awards tab as well. Showing the arco mage wins in the miscellaneous section is actually a pretty elegant solution to prevent overcrowding the "awards" tab but right now it seems like a mix up.

Both added to the BUG TRACKER.
Xfing wrote:I mentioned this a long while ago - yeah, the Awards tab still isn't working fully well, same goes for all the things you listed. I don't think Templayer added them to the tracker, as those were mentioned long before he appeared in the thread. Unfortunately going through 62 pages of a thread can be quite a chore :(
Well, I did go through all the posts in this thread, but back then I was like "I'm sure someone else will make a bug tracker so the same issues aren't reported repeatedly over and over and over and over like they are now. Rodril probably has a secret tracker somewhere!" so it didn't occur to me to write down all the reported bugs that might have been forgotten. If somebody else is going through the thread like I did, it would be great if they were to write those down. I would then make a subsection in the bug tracker for those, and Rodril would remove those that were fixed already, placing what is left into the main bug tracker.
Jamesx wrote:Hi)
What you think?
Have some problems with helmets. I think we should use regular human version for it, because the troll version doesn't fit correctly. If this possible, it would be nice) Also the plate armor is still needed. I'll try to make it for them, but first i want to finish the dolls))
btw chain mail looks great on them!
If someone can make a female version of armor for them it would be great))
GREAT! FINALLY! Also make sure the plate armours also sit on actual trolls, since now trolls can be of different classes than the racial troll class. So might as well fix this graphical issue in one swoop!
Vetrinus wrote: Also, if I remember correctly regarding MM8, the sky in Dagger Wound is supposed to clear up and the volcano is supposed to stop erupting when you beat that game. I have beat MM8 long ago but so far this has not happened.
Is it possible to add to the Merge a way to access The Plane Between Planes and Escaton's Crystal after beating MM8 without the use of Lloyd's Beacon? I would really love to be able to revisit these dungeons.
:beg:
Added to bug tracker. Alternate way to the Plane Between Planes and Crystal added to the Suggestions tracker.
Phobos wrote:
Kliff wrote:I forget, was Goblinwatch and the Abandoned Temple in New Sorpigal always supposed to have a few very out-of-depth items available in chests at the end? Like, every time I've done them I've gotten about three, two from Goblinwatch and one from the Temple - this latest time I snagged a set of Siertal Chainmail from the Temple, in fact.

The items at the very end are meant to be of good quality, as a reward. I don't know what item level they are meant to be though.
This could possibly be a bug (maybe it isn't), but I will add it to the bug tracker.
kristal wrote:A few more armors are ready.
https://yadi.sk/d/zd0zCxPcX4AHCQ
@Rodril
A doll of one of the Minotaurs need to raise a little higher.
I will add them to the PAINT TRACKER soon, if not right away. Thanks so much!

@Xfing - something I noticed a while back - the post with you comparing Kristal's armours - I do have bad eyesight, but wasn't the leather armour from MM7 different from what you have shown to be Kristal's? What I mean by that is that the Kristal's version you have shown didn't look like the one that he has in https://yadi.sk/d/zd0zCxPcX4AHCQ - but only for the HUMAN MALE paperdoll. Might be worth checking, just in case. In the meantime, I'll be placing new armours into the paint tracker.
Last edited by Templayer on 09 Nov 2018, 18:48, edited 2 times in total.

Templayer
Devil
Devil

Unread postby Templayer » 09 Nov 2018, 19:27

New armours added to the paint tracker.

Also if somebody would be so kind and gave me images of Grayface's MM6 and MM7 artifact / relic armours which were repainted, it would be much appreciated.

I was given item internal names and a code to spawn them in-game quite a lot of posts ago, but I do not currently have the mod installed, so I cannot get them. (I'm on my "hardcore" run of MM8, and I do not wish to screw that with this mod. Especially since it will take years for me to start playing it)

PS:
If you are wondering what I consider a hardcore run of MM8 - not playing as a Dark Elf (or dragon, but I'm running pretty much vanilla, so), not hiring anyone else until level 5, not using the infinite white potion tree for infinite money exploit, not ever hiring a dragon, choosing harder alliances (killing necros and dragons),...

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 09 Nov 2018, 19:46

Templayer wrote:rmours - I do have bad eyesight, but wasn't the leather armour from MM7 different from what you have shown to be Kristal's? What I mean by that is that the Kristal's version you have shown didn't look like the one that he has in https://yadi.sk/d/zd0zCxPcX4AHCQ - but only for the HUMAN MALE paperdoll. Might be worth checking, just in case. In the meantime, I'll be placing new armours into the paint tracker.
I used the ones straight from my game, and as far as I know Rodril added all of kristal's graphics for the low tier leather armor. The ones for the comparison were all taken from the youtube video, so I'm certain there is consistency.

Jamesx
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Jamesx » 09 Nov 2018, 19:48

I just read about minotaurs height and.... maybe a just don't understand what are you talkin about, but I should say, they have different heights in original mm8, just in case)

Well, ok, here they are)) :D
Based on troll pc23 body

Plate armor set is included :)
Based on Alvarian leather armor item088v4 and uses the same coordinates. All armor should fit to original Trolls body
If possible, for dwarves, I advise to use human versions of helmets, instead of Troll ones, because they won't fit good
Btw, I include zombies portraits for tavern, which wasn't in previous pack)

:down:
DOWNLOAD
Last edited by Jamesx on 09 Nov 2018, 20:03, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Might and Magic”